RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Sep 27th, 2021, 12:36 AM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11157
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Ohh I meant wizards material as in wizards of the coast. Sorry for the confusion.
Old Sep 27th, 2021, 03:21 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1974
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
Quote:
Originally Posted by MundayKnight View Post
Ohh I meant wizards material as in wizards of the coast. Sorry for the confusion.
Go with your concept. If I think a concept is a flat no, I'll tell the player so they have a chance to re-submit an application with a different concept.

I also don't mind people putting up a 2nd concept but obviously only one could be chosen.
Old Sep 27th, 2021, 03:52 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Added a few more races b/c, well, just b/c.
Old Sep 27th, 2021, 12:07 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 970
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
what about a halfdrow?
Old Sep 27th, 2021, 04:02 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6437
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
right-aligned image

Name: Skurvin Blackmane
Race: Human variant
Class: Wizard/necromancer
Background: sage
Bonus racial feat: Arcanist
Alignment: LE
Character Sheet: Skruvin Blackmane.
Trait #1: I’m convinced that people are always trying to steal my secrets
Trait #2: I’ve read every book in the world’s greatest libraries—or I like to boast that I have.
Ideal: Power. Knowledge is the path to power and domination.
Flaw: Unlocking an ancient mystery is worth the price of a civilization.
Bond: I’ve been searching my whole life for the answer to a certain question
Personality: Skurvin is a very proper and professional man. He is constantly looking for the most advantageous position while trying to keep everyone on his side and convincing them he is on theirs. He considers his allies as a resource just like any other, he wants them in good quantity and quality, and is careful about how he spends them. he is extremely tactful with how he treats others as friends are more valuable than enemies, but he does put his life and prospects above all others and won’t hesitate to send someone to their death if the benefit warrants it.

While he is selfish and conceited, he is not stupid. Betraying team members for no reason or small gains is idiotic. He will do everything he can to gain the loyalty of his companions, but he will not risk his life for them unless he has to or is confident, he will survive.

Background: Skurvin is the second son to a minor noble family overseeing a frontier town called Riverwood. As a small, frail child, he was often bullied by his older, bigger brother, and in turn was bullied by all the other children in the town as well despite his status. Skurvin quickly learned that he had no skill when it came to physical fights, so he sharpened his mind like a blade, and used it as a weapon. He would learn the secrets of the other children to blackmail them. he would learn their desires to bribe them. and he would learn their weaknesses to destroy them. within a few years, Skruvin had turned the entire town against his brother Robert and had him beaten brutally.

Skurvin’s parents were outraged and horrified by his behavior. When he was fourteen, his father gave him some money, and banished him. Skurvin used his money to enroll into a mages college to learn magic. He knew that brute strength would never be an option for him, so instead he wanted to defend himself using the power of his mind. He excelled at his studies. They called him a prodigy. He graduated two years early. His teacher gave Him a letter which he claimed held the secret to great power if Skurvin could decipher it. He has yet to do so.

Sadly, Skurvin's education had used up nearly all of his funds and finding work has proven difficult. He has done some minor favors for unsavory people and gotten into trouble with them. But word has reached his ear of a dungeon filled with danger and riches. While riches are nice, what truly intrigues him is that this dungeon is said to have been home to a cult that worshiped Orcus, the god of the undead. Skurvin's long-term goal is to become a necromancer and have an undead army at his command. Who knows what secrets, what artifacts he could find in such a place? The rewards are worth the risk. He just needs some cannon fodder.

Roleplay sample of a fight:

Last edited by Togot; Sep 27th, 2021 at 04:11 PM.
Old Sep 28th, 2021, 01:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Togot I am tempted to already pick Skurvin just to look t the pick every time you post.
Old Sep 28th, 2021, 02:53 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6437
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Lol, thanks. I've played him as a summoner in pathfinder. Hes a lot of fun to play, keeping a balance as a snake you shouldn't trust but hasn't actually done anything against the party
Old Sep 29th, 2021, 12:33 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 212
O2CXt3 O2CXt3 O2CXt3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shula
Cleric and Paladins do not pick the normal domains or oaths but rather follow the specialty domain or oath associated with their deity. They must also follow alignment restriction.
Do the domains or oaths provide any special abilities? I wasn't able to find more information about any of the domains or oaths online.
Old Sep 29th, 2021, 01:54 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Each domain and oath has it unique special abilities. For example:

FreyjaOath of the Eidrdrenger
Eidrengers (eye-dur-dren-jur), or Oath-warriors, are the specialized class of paladins who uphold the ideals of Freyja. That is, if magic and sorcery are being misused and harming people, or if war is being fought without a just cause, they are potent adversaries to the abusers. They have a fierce determination to die in glorious battle, immortalized by Freyja for all eternity in Fòlkvangr. There is no better way to die than in defending the just from the unjust and the innocent from the wicked—particularly mothers, children, and infants. Giants and evil fey are particularly troublesome to the Eidrengers, as they are destructive and cruel. A paladin of Freyja seeks them out to annihilate them whenever possible. Their armor is adorned with falcon feathers, or they wear a falcon-feathered cloak. Gold adorns their armor and weapons, especially the glaive or other polearm that is given to them by the sect.

Alignment
Any good, lawful neutral

Tenets
Know Yourself. Self control is important. To defeat your enemies without, you must know the one within. Charity and Generosity. Half your earnings must be given away to a just cause of your choice. Honor Beauty and Art. Be appreciative of poets and other artists; they are creators much like mothers. Have a Worthy Death. If death is imminent, spend your last moments fighting with all your ferocity. Never let your enemy see you in pain, and never cry for mercy.

Oath Spells
3rd heroism, Yes, this Oath gives you the ability to cast this cantripvicious mockery
5th gentle repose, zone of truth
9th dispel magic, See the Unseen
3rd-level divination
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 10 feet
Components: V, S
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 hour
For the duration, you and your allies who stay within 10 feet of you are able to see creatures and objects which are magically or nonmagically invisible.
see the unseen*
13th aura of life, banishment
17th hallow, mass cure wounds

Fighting Style: Polearms
At 1st level, you gain +1 to attacks with halberds, pikes, and glaives.

Channel Divinity
When you take this oath at 3rd level, you gain the following two Channel Divinity options:
  • Kin Slayer. Giants and fey are the eternal enemies of Freyja. When you take this oath at 3rd level, you may use your Channel Divinity to gain advantage on all attack rolls against giants and fey for 1 minute. On any critical hit, the creature is knocked prone and must make a successful DC 18 Constitution saving throw or also be frightened until the end of its next turn.
  • Divine Slash. When you are armed with a polearm, you may use your Channel Divinity to slash in a wide, glowing arc to strike not just one but two enemies within your reach. Roll once for the attack on both targets, adding your Wisdom modifier to the damage for each on a successful strike. Your weapon’s damage becomes radiant.

I am purposely not showing the higher level powers. I want people to pick a god based upon the sphere of influence of the god that best fits their backstory. I know that this doesn't settle well with min/maxing but trust me, most of the domains/oaths are a bit more powerful than the PHB ones.

Last edited by Shula; Sep 29th, 2021 at 02:10 AM.
Old Sep 29th, 2021, 02:46 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics

Bonus points if you take one of these pics and build a character around it.*
Old Sep 29th, 2021, 04:19 AM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1178
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
I am sorry, I am going to have to Withdraw.
Old Sep 29th, 2021, 05:19 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Postra
Name: Glib
Race: Human
Class: Rogue

[B]Character Sheet:

Str: 12
Dex: 20
Con: 14
Int: 14
Wis: 12
Cha: 12

Background: Folk Hero - Plains nomad horseman / Brewer
Trait #1: Simple, pragmatic person
Trait #2: Easy going, adaptable
Ideal: Empathetic
Flaw: Empathetic - cares about people who don't always care for him.
Bond: Animals, spirits, alcohol
Personality: A wanderer, a bit overly kind hearted. Not too funny, angry or exhaustive. He hasn't gone to this dungeon of his own free will. Something or someone compels him.

RP Fight: Glib draws his old bow and steadies his legs against Shallow's flanks. The horse shows fear, but it is a practiced state, nothing that causes rise to panic. They communicate through touch, the reassurance of the rogue's calves against the leather saddle lets Shallow know any dangers they face, they will face together.
"Glib. That's a strange name." a voice carries on the wind above the snapping of branches.
The rider extends the bow string further, reaching the deep wound that cut through both lips, a piece of his tongue, removing several teeth. The arrow is suddenly gone from his grip, while Glib's voice is lispy and muffled.
"That's because my words sound phunny. They pierce all the same."
There is no response now but the branches sway.

Build direction: Backstabbing short range rogue or long range ranger

Last edited by Postra; Sep 29th, 2021 at 07:29 PM.
Old Sep 30th, 2021, 08:42 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 212
O2CXt3 O2CXt3 O2CXt3
Fogrut Orebranch
right-aligned image
Name: Fogrut Orebranch

Race: Mountain Dwarf

Class: Fighter

Stats: (9→8→10→9→12→14→7) (rolls)
Str:16 (14+2), Dex:9, Con:14 (12+2), Int:8, Wis:10, Chr:9

Fogrut was always a bit of a lazy soldier. After some time away from home, @Shula suggested using 27 point buy due to the low rolls :-)he was feeling stronger already.
Str:17 (15+2), Dex:10, Con:17 (15+2), Int:8, Wis:14, Chr:8

Character sheet

Alignment: Chaotic good

Background: Soldier

Personality Traits: 1) I can stare down a hell hound without flinching. 2) I face problems head-on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success.

Ideal: Meddling in the affairs of others only causes trouble.

Bond: Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for.

Flaw: I have little respect for anyone who is not a proven warrior.

Personality: Fogrut is tough and grouchy on the outside, but kind and gentle on the inside (most of the time). He’ll rip the arms off a goblin, and then walk a mile to get a cup of milk for a hungry kitten. It takes him a while to warm up to new people, but once he does, he’s loyal for life. He stays out of the business of dwarves, and elves, and men, but he loves causing trouble with monsters of any sort. As an ex-soldier, he respects fighting people, but tends to not think much of the sort of people who do magic tricks or sing songs.

Backstory:

RP Sample:

Last edited by O2CXt3; Oct 1st, 2021 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Updating stats; adding character sheet; infravision --> darkvision
Old Oct 1st, 2021, 01:32 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6764
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Work in progress on a cleric with the Devious Spider Domain. Are there any links to this domain? Or is it just a renamed Trickery Domain?

Link to Ability Scores

Character Concept
right-aligned image

Name: Damien Underfoot
Race: Lightfoot Halfling
Class: Cleric of Anansi (Devious Spider Domain)
Background: Criminal
Bonus Feat: Bountiful Luck

Character Sheet

Trait #1: The best way to get me to do something is to tell me I can't do it.
Trait #2: I'm a born gambler who can't resist taking a risk for a potential payoff.
Ideal: Independence. I am a free spirit - no one tells me what to do. (Chaotic)
Flaw: I'm convinced that no one could ever fool me in the way I fool others.
Bond: I have a personal code of honor that I follow, and not even I understand why.

Last edited by Grouchy; Oct 1st, 2021 at 05:09 AM.
Old Oct 1st, 2021, 04:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
normal image without text wrap
Anasi