JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105
I think I'm all set now
application
right-aligned image
Name: Gizmo
Race: Warforged
Class: Artificer/Wizard
Alignment: Neutral

Personality traits: I'm always looking to improve efficiency. I represent my house and take pride in my looks.
Ideal: Innovation. Abandon old traditions and find better ways to do things.
Bond: Someone I love was killed by a rival faction within my house, and I will have revenge.
Flaw: I'm obsessed with conspiracy theories and worried about secret societies and hidden demons.

Description: 6'-8" and weighing 310 pounds, this model of Warforged is a blued steel with rich red wood inlays. Unlike previous bulkier models, Gizmo is a more streamlined design to facilitate a wider range of functions. This model is approximately 6 years old.
Personality: With limited exposure to other humanoids, Gizmo is still learning the intricacies of how these nonmetallic beings exist and go about their lives. It is curious and friendly enough towards others, perhaps slightly naive from its short time alive. Recent events though may have soured its opinions of others, and has sparked a healthy caution to wonder what motives lie behind someone's actions.
Backstory: Lord d'Cannith's primary purpose of bringing a Warforged into his manor was to have an assistant at all hours who did not need to take breaks while working on his research and developing new technologies. "Bring me that gizmo," never looking up from his work but simply pointing, was misconstrued as "Bring me that, Gizmo." Thus, it took on the moniker of Gizmo. Gizmo assisted the Lord in any way possible during his experiments, and was eventually allowed to run its own miniature lab tests, though they were quite mundane; mostly just tinkering with simple results.

But Lord d'Cannith had also acquired the Warforged for personal protection, having a suspicion that his inventions would attract the jealousy of his rivals. So, whenever d'Cannith could spare his assistant for a day, Gizmo would train in the courtyard on defending itself with weapons and shield under the tutelage of a retired commander.

The old inventor's concerns soon proved to be true. When two apprentices came to visit from a different enclave, Lord d'Cannith sent Gizmo down to fetch his latest research project. Returning from the lab, it came upon the scene of one apprentice holding Lord d'Cannith down while the other was repeatedly stabbing him in the chest and stomach. Before either could escape, the Warforged ran its sword through one, before slashing down the second. Hearing a labored breath from d'Cannith, Gizmo was able to turn to him as he said his final words, "Protect yourself," and pressed Ring of Protectionhis family heirloom into the hand of the Warforged.

From previous trips to the market for supplies, Gizmo recalled hearing the Forge Clerics pray to various smithing deities while their anvils rang out the sounds of their creations. Calling out every phrase it could remember, the Warforged tried reinserting as much of Lord d'Cannith's internal components as it could, to no avail. Even after attempting to integrate parts taken from the apprentices, d'Cannith would not rise.

Pouring through the files of old notes and scribblings, Gizmo tore the entire research lab apart for any information on how to save the life of Lord d'Cannith. It spent the next week reading and rereading anything and everything it could find. Certain pieces of literature had very profound effects on the Warforged. It seemed that the scientific results of many experiments could be achieved without utilizing technology, but instead with intricate hand movements, spoken phrases, and an expenditure of certain objects.

During the time of reading and this new form of experimentation, the absence of Lord d'Cannith and the apprentices became noticed. Eventually, the authorities were sent to check on the Lord, but were horrified to find the three mangled and rotting bodies in the parlor and a bloodstained Warforged ripping through books and other papers. Gizmo was taken into custody and promptly blamed for the triple homicide, receiving a life sentence for each. Stuck in a cell with little information to go off of, the Warforged can only ponder: Who sent the assassins? Why did they want Lord d'Cannith dead? Were they after his research? What was he researching? Are other people's lives at risk, including me?
Specialty item: Ring of Protection

Last edited by JaDeX105; Oct 7th, 2021 at 08:20 PM.
Old Oct 3rd, 2021, 12:16 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21764
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Okay, I admit it. I intend to make an app as soon as I figure out how to make an Ur-Priest in 5e.

Or at least something along the lines of a Cleric that is absolutely convinced the Gods are Real - and absolutely Hates them all.
Old Oct 3rd, 2021, 01:36 PM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5147
Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach
Of course you'd run a game that makes me question my aversion to 5e.
Icereach#8108 | Gost, a campaign setting | The House of Ejlvajn, a module compilation
Old Oct 3rd, 2021, 10:53 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2946
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Sebastian Antonio
right-aligned image

Name Sebastian Antonio
Race: human variant (lucky)
Class: lore bard/divinition wizard
Alignment: cn more good than bad
Personality traits flattery is how I get what I want and sarcasm is my weapon of choice.
Ideal I never run the same con twice.
Bond I come from a noble family, and one day I'll reclaim my lands and title from those who stole them from me.
Flaw I can't resist a pretty face.
description he wears clothes according to the con. He has brown hair and green eyes. He has books and scrolls on his person alongside various jewelry.
personality
I'm a face every one loves me especially your mom. I can generally talk my way through conflict or life just tends to goes my way. I've learned to manipulate this but lady luck has always favored me. Just wish she has taken to my family.
Backstory: I was born under a shooting star. This was obviously lady lucks smile. My parents raised me the best they could putting me into college to get a mastery of lore. It was the divination that interested me though. Did you know that I know what you know you know? I can look at locations in different kingdoms by just knowing a person their. I have begun to deal with lady luck and manipulate the world around me.

Alright I suppose I should tell you why they locked me up. I was a great story teller and made my services useful as a jester putting on shows and informing rulers of information within the land. I gained their trust and then created my own. I started a large financial scheme investing in my own pockets. Being able to manipulate fate kept me ahead of the trade routes and I did well. My greed got the best of me though. My families lands were stolen and I will get them back.
Specialty item: astronancy archive

Last edited by delpinator; Oct 9th, 2021 at 04:17 PM.
Old Oct 4th, 2021, 01:36 AM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach
Prisoner Report
right-aligned image
Name: the Boy

Race: Human, Variant (Urban Bounty Hunter)

Class: Warlock, Hexblade (Pact of the Blade)

Alignment: Lawful Evil

"I'm warning you. Do not run. Face the fear, scream if you must. But do. Not. Run."

A Life in Observations

A Life at a Glance
IdealTemper. I must anneal souls through terror to prepare them for the final reckoning.
BondI believe in the Raven Queen's will and I dedicate the memories of my forgings in her name.
FlawMany. In particular the Boy cannot tolerate madness in any form, magically induced or otherwise. He wrongfully believes madness to be the utmost surrender to fear, and does not distinguish between afflictions. Additionally, he finds it exceedingly difficult to allow enemies to flee unmolested.
Specialty ItemThe ring of Annelise the washer woman. This lovingly crafted ring is made of delicately inscribed electrum and inset with thin bands of smooth-cut obsidian. It belonged to the Boy's mother, Annelise the washer woman, a ludicrously expensive trinket for a woman of her station. She wore it always, often hidden, even the night of her death - after which the Boy took it from her hand and placed it upon his own. He found comfort in the words that thereafter whispered in his thoughts, and protection from the prying minds of others. It works as a Ring of Mind Shielding, with his mother's soul contained inside.
Icereach#8108 | Gost, a campaign setting | The House of Ejlvajn, a module compilation

Last edited by Icereach; Oct 15th, 2021 at 03:45 AM.
Old Oct 5th, 2021, 03:08 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
The Heretic
right-aligned image

Name: Formerly, Brother Alkwin the Devout. Currently he's usually just called by epitaphs like 'The Heretic', 'The Blasphemer', or 'The Ur-Priest'.

Race: Variant Human

Class: *Storywise* - Ur-Priest. A weaver of Divine Power, He does use divine magic and does have have abilities and powers comparible to a Cleric or Paladin, but instead of being granted these abilities by Divine Patrons or Religious Faith he fuels these abilities by stealing divine magical energy from others and the world around him.

*Mechanically* - Celestial Pact Warlock.

Alignment: TN. He has come to believe that a lot the interplay between Order, Chaos, Good, and Evil are ultimately pointless or false and that a lot of the conflict between these forces is fabricated.

Ideal: I seek the Truth, no matter how much I suffer from it.

Bond: I believe that everything I do is ultimately for the good of the mortal races.

Flaw: My hatred of the Gods unfairly extends to their followers, if to a lesser degree.

Description: Formerly keeping tightly to the requirements of his position, but he's sense relaxed them. He wears some of the clothing of his former position if with most the religious symbols removed. He hasn't shaved his beard or gotten a haircut in a long time too, mostly from no longer caring. He does keep a reasonable physique and does follow a routine comparible to what he carried when he was with the clergy, if mostly out of habit.

Personality: Something needs to be clarified. A common slander against Alkwin is that he no longer believes in the Gods. This is a flat out Lie. The former Brother Alkwin most certainly does believe in the Gods, he's just Hates them and views them as no better than Nobles who squabble among themselves as their peasents starve. He does believe that what he does will prove to be for the ultimate good of the mortal races, and in some ways his Priestly ways continue.

Backstory: He used to be known as Brother Alkwin the Devout, a Cleric and one of the ones pleased with the power to Heal with a touch and a bit of concentration. Why he fell - well, that's the tragic part. There wasn't really any one event that led to his downfall. There is a saying among the Clergy that the Gods perfer to use a Light Touch, so light that to those without Faith it can look like the Gods didn't exist at all. Among the Clergy, having a Crisis of Faith happens more often than one would think.

That is a point important to distinquish here. That Brother Alkwin the Devout had a Crisis of Faith isn't as strange as it sounds. What is strange is that Brother Alkwin didn't lose his faith in the Gods themselves, but in the *concept* of Gods. He absolutely still believes in the Gods, but he no longer believes that they are worthy of worship. Instead he now sees them as no better than squabbling nobles who busy themselves with pointless political games among themselves while the "peasents" under their supposed care starve.

And Brother Alkwin acted upon his new heretical beliefs, starting with creating an extensive list of arguments why the Gods were Unworthy of Mortal Worship to the very door of the Temple he served at. To Alkwin the Heretic; it's all an Act. A Con. A Ruse. Good and Evil, Order and Chaos - it's all false divisions or needless political games by the Gods. All of our lives are just a massive demented pointless Game to them, how can nobody else see that?

So of course he's been arrested and is currently serving a triple life sentence. Nobody likes the guy who points out that the game everyone is so invested in was Rigged from the Start.

Specialty Item: Amulet of the Heretic - Granted to him as an Amulet of the Devout while he was still Brother Alkwin the Devout, incredibly his Amulet *somehow* still seems to work if it's believed to have been altered by his becoming an Ur-Priest.
- Attuned to Alkwin
- +2 to Attack Rolls for Spells and Spell-Like Abilities.
- +2 to Save DCs on Spells and Spell-Like Abilities.
- Grantes Channel Divinity as a Cleric with the Life Domain of the Same Level, if this feature now only recharges after Long Rests instead of any Rests.

Last edited by GleefulNihilism; Oct 7th, 2021 at 03:05 PM.
Old Oct 5th, 2021, 04:11 PM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
Hey Togot, I'm just saying.... This looks like a great opportunity for "oops all warlocks".
Old Oct 5th, 2021, 04:14 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icereach View Post
Hey Togot, I'm just saying.... This looks like a great opportunity for "oops all warlocks".
In fairness, in Alkwinís case itís more like Warlock was the closest mechanical fit Tog and I could think of. In-Universe storywise heís something radically different and calling him a Warlock would taken as a sign that you have no idea what youíre talking about. :P
Old Oct 5th, 2021, 05:02 PM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
Well we can't very well call him an Ur-Priest. Wizards is fairly litigious.
Old Oct 5th, 2021, 10:16 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icereach View Post
Well we can't very well call him an Ur-Priest. Wizards is fairly litigious.

I don't get it.

Old Oct 6th, 2021, 04:19 AM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
It was a bad joke, anyways. The only kind i make. B)
Old Oct 6th, 2021, 03:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4253
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Icereach, your "Gost" campaign looked interesting. Looks like it never got off the ground.
Old Oct 6th, 2021, 04:15 PM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
It didn't. I don't want to jump Tog's thread to talk about it, though. You can message me if you want.
Old Oct 7th, 2021, 09:31 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 290
TheYell TheYell TheYell
Altered my character sheet to include some giant spider venom poison and darts. Cause why not, who knows what we'll run into.
If that's allowed, do they know of giant spiders? We could change it to serpent venom.

Nega-Friar? None-Nun? Un-Reverend?

Last edited by TheYell; Oct 7th, 2021 at 09:54 AM.
Old Oct 7th, 2021, 10:50 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6437
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
thats fine