RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Oct 9th, 2021, 04:43 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4716
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
@Togot, are you accepting the revised Ranger? Or just the one from the PHB?
Old Oct 9th, 2021, 05:55 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6428
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
cappucina, your character could simply like having back up weapons and be armed to the teath like bloodsport. jsut remember to track the weight

Reliq0770, just phb, sorry.
Old Oct 9th, 2021, 06:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
No worries. I was just checking
Old Oct 9th, 2021, 06:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Grim: Work In Progress
Grim
right-aligned image
Grim,

The Reaper of Iscalio

Post Goes Here!

Application:
Name: Grim, the Reaper of Iscalio
Race: Wildhunt Shifter
Class: Rogue (Assassin)/Ranger
Alignment: Lawful Evil
(Custom Background Rules = PHB Pg. 125 - 126)
Feature: Wanderer (PHB Pg. 136)
Skills (x2): 1.) Sleight of Hand
2.) Stealth
Languages (x2): 1.) Infernal
2.) Abyssal
Personality Traits (x2): 1.) Urchin - I ask a lot of questions (PHB Pg. 141)
2.) Noble - The common folk love me for my kindness and generosity. (PHB Pg. 135)
3.) Folk Hero - I judge people by their actions, not their words. (PHB Pg. 131)
Bond: Acolyte - Everything I do is for the Common People. (PHB Pg. 127)
Ideal: Criminal - Freedom (Chaotic) - Chains are meant to be broken, as are those who would forge them. (PHB Pg. 129)
Flaw: Acolyte - Once I pick a goal, I become obsessed with it to the detriment of everything else in my life. (PHB Pg. 127)
Background Info: Serial Killer
Description:Not much is known about Grim's physical appearance behind her beautifully maintained Plague-Doctor Mask. However, if one were to catch a glimpse behind the mask, you would see that she is one of the Shifter race. Even more unusual, she has several qualities of a Raven. She isn't covered in feathers nor does she have a beak, but rather that her dark skin, piercing green predator bird's eyes, slender frame, and stark-black hair grant her the silhouette of a Raven. She is rather short, standing at a mere 5 ft. 2 in. tall. Dressed in dark grey's and blacks, she is always dressed to be on the move. A backpack, Cane, and bandolier of various vials is all she needs to feel perfectly comfortable, content, and ready for action.

Personality:To some, she's a villain, and to others, she's a hero. Grim illicits mixed reactions wherever she goes. Most are simply curious about the strange Plague-Doctor mask she wears on her face.

Grim fully understands the value of information. It is an integral part of her "Process", and as such, she has dubbed herself a 'Selective Extrovert', despite her proclivity for working alone. She'll buy drinks, play games, and even dance... all while keeping her eyes on her target, or keeping her ears open for information/secrets relating to her target.

Backstory:"I was caught." Her voice is slightly muffled behind the mask.

"You were sloppy!" The voice snarls at her. "You skimped on your research and this is the result!"

"How was I supposed to know that Lady Ventriss was going to be 'entertaining' company that night, huh? It wasn't in any of her ledgers or journals. Not even her staff knew. I even checked with all the local brothels and taverns. She must have had her 'friend' brought in from..."

"Excuses, excuses!" The voice cut her off. "It's not my fault! I couldn't have known!" The voice was mocking her. "Of course you could have known! There's only one way for two people to keep a secret..."

"If one of them is dead. Yes, I know!"

Grim let out a long, exhausted sigh...

"What now?"

"Why are you asking me?"

"I don't know... Just seemed like the thing to do!"

"Look! Just because I'm a figment of your imagination that you created to avoid dealing with your traumatic childhood as an urchin on the streets of Iscalio, and to help you justify your bloodlust and desire to kill all the wealthy, corrupt, elites, doesn't mean I know any more than you do.... In fact I only know the things that you know... because... you know... I live in your head."

A second, even more exasperated sigh escapes the mask as She looks down and fidgets with the golden band on her finger.

"At least you were able to kill her before you got yourself caught."

"Is that optimism?" Grim chuckled. "That's not what I created you for!"

"Hey! I'm allowed to evolve over time!" The voice laughed back. "But seriously, what now?"

"Well... We aren't dead yet, so I imagine that someone, somewhere, wants us alive. Which means that someone wants someone else dead, but is too much of a coward to do it themselves. So, now we'll probably be tortured, beaten, and probably starved until they are ready to come talk to us."

"Ugh! I hate waiting! I'm so bored already!"

"Me too. Me too..."

"Hey!?!"

"What?" Grim asked, catching the confused glare of the guard as he passed her cell; "Not you!" She points at her head, as if that somehow was the universal indication for 'I hear voices'. The guard shook his head and scoffed as he continued along his patrol.

"We should play a game to pass the time!"

"Sure... Why not?" The sarcasm was practically oozing off of every word.

"Ok! I spy with my little eye... something..... grey!"

"The cell bars." It wasn't a question.

"Yeah... Yeah, you're right... You wanna have a go now?"

"Ugh... Fine! I spy with my little eye something that's also grey."

"It's the floor isn't it?"

"Yup!" More sarcasm. "You know this game doesn't work because you're in my head... right?"

"Shut up!"

"No! You shut up!"

"Make me!"

"I created you! You have to do what I say!"

"Make me!"

"Ugh!!!! I'm so bored!!!"

"Me too... Me too!"

Specialty Item:Custom: Grim's Ring (Approved by Togot via PM)

This ring allows the user to cast the Shield spell. It has 4 charges, with each casting of the spell using 1 charge. This ring regains 1D4 charges each day.

Last edited by Reliq0770; Oct 15th, 2021 at 06:36 PM.
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 06:15 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 290
TheYell TheYell TheYell
What no Chaotic Good types wanna be expendables?

Damn if the best of us are CN we're gonna be a shady crew

Last edited by TheYell; Oct 11th, 2021 at 10:42 AM.
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 12:54 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21764
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYell View Post
What no Chaotic Good types wanna be expendables?

Damn if the best of us are CN we're gonna be a shady crew
TN Represent!
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 04:08 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
TheYell TheYell TheYell
NE: Eeevull...
LE: Really? Now?
CN: Woohoo!
TN: Meh.

On a more serious note, I'm going with Book of Ancient Secrets as level 5 Eldritch Invocation. Can I use that starting 2000 gp towards the cost of inscribing rituals, and start our game with some known rituals of 1st or 2nd level? Am thinking Augury and Tenser's Floating Disk.

Last edited by TheYell; Oct 11th, 2021 at 05:06 PM.
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 04:22 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
LE is fitting for this game, in my opinion. Honestly, I find it difficult to believe that any good-aligned character could have messed up so bad that they received 3 consecutive life sentences. Maybe if they are on some sort of undercover mission or if they are atoning for something and taking the place of an innocent... but even that is a stretch.

In regards to my own character submission... She's a serial killer with a Robin Hood complex. She got tired of seeing the wealthy get away with everything while people like her, literally, were dying on the streets of Iscalio. So, she started killing them. She's doing a bad thing for a good reason and has an imaginary friend to help her justify it all. Ergo, Lawful Evil.

I thought it was an interesting concept. I just hope Togot thinks so too!
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 04:33 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
TheYell TheYell TheYell
Yeah it's an interesting concept Relig0770. It makes sense too.

I am going with NE because my character is dedicated to bringing about an ecological disaster and I tired of trying to claim such warlocks are freewheelers with a heart of gold. He's not. He's evil. Selfish evil. More of a kleptomaniac than a psychopath, but still.
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 04:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4253
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
For me, I went with CN. Tried to do the right thing in the beginning, but after a while being treated negatively by most people because what he is, he became a bit jaded. So for an example, a child is in trouble, he'll help the child without question. However, if an adult brings trouble upon himself, then he's like, it's his own damn fault, he's on his own.

Last edited by Seekr34; Oct 11th, 2021 at 05:08 PM.
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 04:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
See, @TheYell, that's an awesome concept as well! I like characters that just say, screw it! But, I guess that also is representative of my attitude towards the game as a whole considering I'm a huge supporter of the theory that "There are no bad classes, only bad players!"

I will play ANY class, just to prove that it can be awesome if done right! Especially warlocks! I'm trying to get away from warlocks at the moment because I love playing them so much. (Which is probably why I gave this character an imaginary friend. Lol. I miss the back-and-forth of the patron/warlock dynamic. Lol)
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 04:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34 View Post
For me, I went with CN. Tried to do the right thing in the beginning, but after a while being treated negatively by most people because what he is, he became a bit jaded. So for an example, a child is in trouble, he'll help the child without question. However, if an adult brings trouble upon himself, then he's like, it's how own damn fault, he's on his own.
That's a fairly reasonable attitude, but sounds more Lawful Neutral rather than Chaotic (in my opinion only. Not trying to pigeonhole or critique your character). Seems like your character has a set of principles and sticks to them. I always viewed that as more Lawful than Chaotic. Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing who gets in and, hopefully, gaming with you all!
Old Oct 12th, 2021, 08:15 AM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5147
Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach
Sorry I've been away, I'll be finishing up the Boy's history tonight. Looks like some cool new additions in the meantime. Ultimately the Boy is doing terrible things for "good" reasons. Does that count?
Icereach#8108 | Gost, a campaign setting | The House of Ejlvajn, a module compilation
Old Oct 12th, 2021, 04:15 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
TheYell TheYell TheYell
I think Xanapal is ready. I have fine-tuned the character sheet and am spending 1900 gold for 80 lbs of stuff.

Forgot his tarantula, that's 1 lbs...

Poison vials are given negligible weight, I have chosen Serpent Venom and Drow Poison which are both in the Dungeon Masters Guide and have assigned a weight of 1lbs to 4 vials. MAN did they nerf drow poison in 5e!

There are no listed weights for incense, censer and vestments out of the Priests Pack, I have just made some values up. Xanapal the Mad knows the ritual of Ceremony so he'll have use for the priest garb and gear.

For musical instrument I have chosen a nine-string baliset, a fictional instrument something like a cross between an acoustic guitar and a sitar, price of a lute. I googled the weight of a sitar and 8 lbs seems median weight. Xanapal the Mad is not proficient with the baliset so I hope you enjoy his hours of steady practice! Straight die rolls for songs, no proficiency bonus. (NE muhahaha)

Last edited by TheYell; Oct 12th, 2021 at 04:25 PM.
Old Oct 12th, 2021, 05:02 PM
Duke of Chanwood

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2086
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reliq0770 View Post
LE is fitting for this game, in my opinion...She's doing a bad thing for a good reason and has an imaginary friend to help her justify it all. Ergo, Lawful Evil.
Pretty much the same with Arlotto. He's Lawful because he follows a strict code (the Church), Evil because he kills people without remorse simply because he's told to. He wouldn't necessarily consider himself evil...he's an instrument of the gods, after all. At best, he'd consider himself doing necessarily evil acts for a greater good, like The Operative from Serenity.

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: I don't murder children.
The Operative: I do. If I have to.
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Why? Do you even know why they sent you?
The Operative: It's not my place to ask. I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin.
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: So me and mine gotta lay down and die... so you can live in your better world?
The Operative: I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... any more than there is for you. Malcolm... I'm a monster. What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done.

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Liam "Madhouse" Holt - Solo, Cyberpunk 2020