Other Stone and Space; a rimworld setting using the Cavemaster game system. - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Oct 4th, 2021, 07:13 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 791
Garrettq Garrettq Garrettq Garrettq Garrettq Garrettq Garrettq
Stone and Space; a rimworld setting using the Cavemaster game system.

Game NameStone and Space; a rimworld setting using the Cavemaster game system.
Game SystemOther Roleplaying Games
ThemeA small group trying to get by in a prehistoric world.
FlavourRealistic, superstitious, survival.
Plot SummaryThe White Fur Tribe, for longer then any can remember we've coexisted with the great thrumbo herd of Hoorog. The wise beasts did not compete with us for any source of food, their presence did not attract predators, in fact it drove them away, and their fur was like nothing else in this world. Soft, warm, beautiful. They are without doubt a blessed creature, a divine creature, perhaps not an animal at all but something greater. Our tribe swelled to such size as it followed them, always evading natural disasters before they hit, always finding itself in the most bountiful wilderness in which to forage. We enjoyed such comforts our ancestors wouldn't dream of thanks to the wise thrumbo.

And now this baby is all that's left.

Only the Shiga clan truly had the trust of the herd, it was them and only them who could walk right alongside the majestic creatures, touch them, harvest their excess hair. Until now they were perhaps the only ones who'd even seen a baby of the species. And now, because of them, this baby was an orphan.

Some among your clan blame the sky people, for it was their words and their treasures that tempted your tribesman to do this wicked deed, but in the end it was their blade, their choice. The herd is dead, their bodies desecrated, chopped up like simple prey and sold. Sold for mighty treasures unfortunately.

Who knows what powers your former tribesman have now, what horrors they may bring to bear on you in pursuit of this precious child now in your care.

Setting InfoRimworld is a world where humans have colonized many planets, some flush with advanced technology beyond your wildest dreams, some quite literally still in the stone age. Worlds far off from civilization, or on the rim as they call it, can be lawless places. These are worlds where might makes right, and technology might as well be magic, that is in addition to psychic powers which effectively are magic. Fortunately, the latter option is available to primitives like you, through deep meditation in certain holy groves primitives can unlock great powers, and even without them your mostly left alone. So much so that off-worlders are practically mythical, some know them to exist, some have their doubts, some might even have one or two among their tribe. The universe is a big place, crazier things have happened.

Your own tribe views their existence as fact, but it views these outsiders more as demons then angels. Something this latest event has only reinforced.

Game InfoTribe: Everyone who you could count on to fight with you, or otherwise help you if you needed help. The White Fur Tribe, with about 200 members, is(was?) goddamn huge for the region.
Clan: The people you immediately live with and see almost everyday. This can be anywhere from one couple and their kids to a few dozen people.
-Family: A larger clan might be further divided by family lines, while your all likely to be related to some degree, people tend to side with their immediate family in both minor or major conflicts. Naturally, the larger ones family, the more kids they have, the more power and influence they have. This usually takes the form of a families patriarch making a demand, and threatening to set off with his family on their own if said demand isn’t met, which would of course weaken the clan. Outright threatening violence is also not unheard of.

Cavemaster is a very rule's light and mechanically simple game. You don't need to buy the book, but I highly recommend you do. I'm looking for 2-5 players who are able to make at least one major in game post a week. Your characters are all that's left of your clan, outside perhaps a few too old or young to be of any real use. If your interested please give the information listed at the bottom of the add.

Name: Self explanatory
Biome: Which biome would you prefer I base things off of? Tundra, tropical rainforest, prairie...
Race: Options below
-Yorwa: descendants of 'sky people', they're humans as we know them today.
-Maheechee: native to this planet, halfway between a spider monkey and a human, about three feet tall at adulthood.
-Roguk: Neanderthals, bigger, stronger, dumber.
-Tanui: Thin and somewhat frail, but masters of water travel. They stand taller then Yorwa, and move significantly faster.
Job: Self explanatory, keep it simple. Hunter, healer, boatmaker....
Perk: What makes your character stand out above others?
What do you want to do with the thrumbo? (No wrong answers, I promise.)

Last edited by Garrettq; Oct 9th, 2021 at 01:39 PM.
Old Oct 4th, 2021, 10:07 PM
The bird with the words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13455
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
For the uninitiated, this is a thrumbo:

An average adult will only come up to about the top of the leg.

I won't be applying, but I love Rimworld, so I might read along if this kicks off.
Old Oct 4th, 2021, 11:20 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for the assist, I suppose I should have put more info about the setting, but I doubt anyone unacquainted with the game is going to apply, lol. Still, I'll probably type up some more about the geography and such tomorrow.
Old Oct 8th, 2021, 01:44 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 39892
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Where would one go to buy a copy of the book? Is it available on drivethrurpg?
Old Oct 8th, 2021, 02:25 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18981
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Reading the PDF, I realized I can't resist learning about something called "Stonepunk"...I'll give it a shot! WIP while I read the rules and develop the app.

ApplicationName: One-Wing
Biome: Which biome would you prefer I base things off of? Tundra, tropical rainforest, prairie...
Race: -Yorwa: descendants of 'sky people', they're humans as we know them today.
Job: Healer
Perk: Intelligent
What do you want to do with the thrumbo? Protect it and keep it healthy and safe. Maybe we can find another herd for it to join.

Last edited by The Rat Queen; Oct 8th, 2021 at 05:03 PM.
Old Oct 9th, 2021, 01:40 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Yes drivethruprg is where I got mine, unless something's changed its still on there.