RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Oct 9th, 2021, 08:03 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1128
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
Mostly complete. Not sure on clan.
Old Oct 10th, 2021, 11:05 AM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
samthefanboi
It's been a while since I played DAV20 but I would love to join if I have time to refresh myself
Old Oct 10th, 2021, 05:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 300
Storyminder Storyminder Storyminder Storyminder
Quote:
Originally Posted by samthefanboi View Post
It's been a while since I played DAV20 but I would love to join if I have time to refresh myself
I'm happy to have you if you're interested.
Old Oct 10th, 2021, 07:31 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 113
Longes Longes
Putting my name into the hat. Looking to make a Giovanni (been playing Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous recently - lots of inspiration!), full concept and application to come.
Old Oct 10th, 2021, 09:53 PM
3.5 apples tall

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1746
ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf
I'm also interested and working on my character application.
Old Oct 10th, 2021, 09:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longes View Post
Putting my name into the hat. Looking to make a Giovanni (been playing Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous recently - lots of inspiration!), full concept and application to come.
Oh, ho! Very nice.
Old Oct 10th, 2021, 09:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrasmurf View Post
I'm also interested and working on my character application.
Sounds great!
Old Oct 10th, 2021, 10:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Hammerhand View Post
Mostly complete. Not sure on clan.
There are a few options you have here.
  • Assamite. They're a fan of combat, though one would think an Assamite would want you to become a Muslim. Or not.
  • Brujah. Rebellious by nature, but the older members of the clan were philosopher-knights of a sort.
  • Cappadocian. I'd advise against it, but they do have a thing for death - and warriors tend to have a lot to do with that particular aspect of, er, life.
  • Gangrel. They may be Animals, but I could see a Gangrel embracing a knight who spent a great deal of time out of doors.
  • Lasombra. They're the viziers behind the throne, typically, but if your sire was manipulating you all along...? The death of the wife seems in keeping with the "screw my childe over to see how he reacts" MO of the clan of shadows.
  • Malkavian. Who knows why they do what they do?
  • Tremere. The Usurpers need fighters and well as wizards, and they're not above, ah, manipulating things to get their ways. Not a great fit, to my mind, but a fit nonetheless.
  • Tzimisce. Very area appropriate... but that's about it. Your background doesn't really fit with the clan in my opinion.
  • Ventrue. The nobles and kings of the Cainites. There are a lot of Ventrue knights.
  • Warrior Salubri. They're few and far between, but I could see a Warrior Salubri embracing your character, given the situation. The Tremere and the Salubri get along like wolves and rabbits, though, so just be ware.
Old Oct 10th, 2021, 10:27 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 221
WantGame WantGame WantGame
Application
right-aligned image

The Best Colour, an unpublished work by Grayce "Red" Dunsirn

Silver for the priests is what they say.
Now lets see those collection plates full before your salvation we will pray.

Gold is for merchants, pinched from the masses and weighed by the measure
For an ounce of this can buy almost any material pleasure

Steel is for Kings who claim to rule the land
For swords of this color are what knights need to wield at their command

But let me tell you one and all just how wrong you are
For it is red, and red alone, that is the best colour by far

Red is the blood that fuels lyfe from beginning to end
Master this and it is to you the souls of men will truly bend

Red is indignant anger, and red is a mob with torches of fire
I will happily count all the gold you had gathered, after you have burnt on a red pyre

And finally red is the heart of man, the seat of all passion and loyalty
Fail to command this and tis your head that will fly, even if you're royalty!

So now you should see as if lit by the brightest star
That it is red, and red alone, that is the best colour by far

Character Name: Grayce "Red" Dunsirn ( Just Cruising Theme: Horizon Turns Red - Patty Gurdy Revved Theme: Daughters of Darkness - Halestorm )

Clan: Lasombra

Role: Social and Academic.

Physical Description: Grayce is a fairly tall and attractive young woman turned in the prime of her youth and beauty, or perhaps just a bit before it. She is a true 'fire engine' redhead with brown eyes and a (now slightly more sallow) milky 'peaches and cream' Scottish complexion that would surely sunburn most easily - if she would not otherwise instantly combust first. She has an expressive face when she wishes, but otherwise defaults to a look of gentle bemusement as if she is 'in' on a mildly funny joke that no one else has yet shared with you.

And for some free OOC fun... Feel free to take a guess at which show and vampire character the cosplayer in Grayce's image is portraying. :P PS there are two partial clues in this write up somewhere.

Personality: Grayce was a generally good and loyal, if also somewhat headstrong, pampered and mischievous; young woman in life. Some of that has certainly remained into her transition into unlife, and she still at least tries to be a decent sentient with some reservations and caveats. The first of which is that she is under Cain's curse, and thus by definition is now predatory and somewhat paranoid. Second being that she thinks that God must have put herself, and other vampires, on this earth to test and judge mortals all while they are being tested themselves. It certainly helps with sleeping well at day in any event, as it can assuage away some horrific behaviors that she might otherwise be troubled by.

Two positive points of her now being undead are first that Grayce has developed a sense of agency and responsibility for those in her care. She no longer has a family to fall back on to make decisions for her, and has been stepping up to the plate in that regard over the last few years. Secondly she has started to develop a sense of humor to help deal with her current state, and the surprises that life has dished out. She is no stand up comic, but every once in a while she lob off a dark and/or sarcastic comment that will (hopefully) slay.

On the down side she is also learning to be manipulative and power hungry, as both traits are survival positive 'virtues' for vampires. And, while she is still driven by art, and longs for the days she could sing and play music openly. . . This has been denied to her by both virtue of being a vampire needing to not attract undo attention, as well as possibly alerting whomever killed Dario (and also probably tried for herself) that she did not meet final death. So, instead she has taken to perfecting Obtenebration and Abyss Mysticism as her newest 'art' form. She tends to speak of it as channeling the holy powers of God though. And while you could make some sort of case that if God has indeed set her on this path, then any abilities she possess are God given. . . Its a much harder sell to claim Abyss Mysticsm is the holy power of 'God's shadows' when it clearly is at best tangentially related, and at worst diametrically opposed.

Background: 60 Second Version: Rustic noble Scotts-woman sent off afar to seek suitable marriage in Italy. Discovers hope, a future, and romance. . . only to have her original dreams dashed upon the rocks of Cainite reality, and having to face a new un-life in Transylvania. What pieces of her past can she salvage? And what compass will she now follow?

Experience: Some. One PBP VtM game ran about four months, but I think three or so others I tried and was accepted for imploded pretty soon after starting due to the curse of play by post. So, I can make a VtM character, but have not had much play time to let one really grow/struggle/evolve. Hmm, I also did have a good run on a NWOD game a ways back that was quite fun. Not sure if that counts or not. Edition wise? Probably various editions. I am sure you can assist with any version bloopers I might make crunch wise. And, when you come right down to it, if you are dwelling on WoD mechanics for your character? You are probably doing it 'wrong' anyway.

Other: I do love me some vampires, and really the whole undead theme in general. I will even admit to liking certain aspects of the Twilight movies (I know... Gasp!) Seriously tho, the baseball scene, and fight scenes in general, were well done and certainly of a budget that most vampire movies could only dream of. That said, I tend to prefer the sun explode-y psychologically tormented (and tormenting XD ) sorts, as they tend to make more interesting characters than the fangs with capes variety. Movies like 'Let the Right One In' certainly fit the bill for me. Heck, there was one Vampire anime I watched recently that focused on a hidden mortal organization chasing a pair of vampires through time for the secret to immortality (they would torpor for centuries now and then ). One scene had the protagonist wake up hundreds of years later in a post apocalyptic future. But to him the busted up towering skyscrapers, and barely running electricity, were things of pure wonderment. So much so he was wandering around the urban wasteland in a daze, and ended up pick pocketed for it. So much for superior vampire senses and powahs eh?

>> "That said, you will be offered an opportunity of domain (pretty much straight out the gate), the chance to increase the size of that domain, and, well... power. What more could a Cainite want?"
Do you want that list by priority, or alphabetized? I do not believe a Cainite could ever be satisfied, at least for long, especially the older (more) paranoid variety. :P

Last edited by WantGame; Oct 15th, 2021 at 11:56 PM.
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 12:51 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7381
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapstick View Post
This is tempting. Dark Ages Vampire was the first TTRPG I ever played, but I would need to do some major refreshing, so we'll see if I have time to reignite those neural pathways. But since you're welcoming new players, maybe that's a good thing? Either way, it's very cool to see some World of Darkness on here!
I hope we can get in the game together!

I can also share my materials, if people need to read the book.

Last edited by Runetide; Oct 11th, 2021 at 12:51 AM.
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 01:08 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 517
gwythion gwythion gwythion gwythion gwythion gwythion
left-aligned image

"The universe is war, and the battlefield is in the mind."

Name: Rahul Mahesha
Clan: Danava (Ventrue Bloodline)

Personality: Rahul is friendly, but arrogant. He is careful not to offend anyone that could be a potential ally or follower, but equally careful never to be submissive or allow another dominance. He doesn't feel whole without servants, or without a small armed band to accompany him into battle, forging glory and victory together. As he walks his Road, he looks for every opportunity to gain power, and to find followers, but he also tries to forge a close-knit group of strong allies, that can pursue power together and foster the inter-reliance and trust that gives a group the strength one alone doesn't have. While he is of Danava, and considers Ventrue to be cousins and potential friends, he has no oaths binding him, so his allegiance to his own ambitions is undivided; he also feels he has completed his duty against the Tremere and has no grudge against them, he views them as neutral, though dangerous and unpredictable.

Appearance: Rahul is an aging, bearded Indian man, of Aryan nobility, almost European-looking, but still noticeably foreign in appearance. He carries himself with grace, cloaked in dignity and calm. His mannerisms give away his noble upbringing, as he clearly still hasn't adjusted to not being surrounded by servants - he looks to his elbow for a non-existent servant when a menial task needs to be done; stands still for a moment when dressing or putting on armor or outer apparel until he remembers there is no valet to dress him; and seems annoyed to deal with everyday mundanities.

Background: As a younger son of a wealthy Brahmin family, Rahul had the luxury to devote all his time to the study of the occult. He spent his life traveling to various libraries and temples, in India and elsewhere, and finally returned home as he became too old for travel, to begin writing a magnum opus collecting all the knowledge he'd gained.

The Danava could not let such a font of knowledge pass away into nothing, nor could they allow another clan to claim someone so valuable and well-suited to blood sorcery. So Rahul was Embraced at the ripe old age of 70, by a Danava of the Deva faction.

Not long after the Embrace, while Rahul was understanding how his new-found powers coincided with what he already knew of the occult, a European traveler came to Mangaluru seeking the sage Mahesha. Delighted that someone from so far away had heard of him, and fascinated to meet a female scholar, Rahul met with her, and after several meetings, always at night, each realized that the other was a vampire. A friendship formed, and the traveler, Viktoria, revealed that she was a True Brujah, seeking to learn any Cainite history she could, as well as the history and mysticism of India. As they studied together, their friendship grew, and they ended up teaching each other their innermost secrets; Rahul learning Temporis, and Viktoria learning Thaumaturgy. While the Danava are not as paranoid about their knowledge as many other sorcerous vampires, Rahul has still kept this exchange secret, but it has occurred to him that when the time is right, the True Brujah would make excellent allies against their more numerous Brujah enemies, and for that and more personal reasons he has conscientiously maintained his friendship with Viktoria.

It wasn't long after mastering his powers that Rahul found himself embroiled in the faction wars on the Indian subcontinent. While his family had discovered his impure and demonic nature and disowned him, he still had a commanding presence and a talent for leadership that made him a suitable battle leader, and over the next thirty years, he became a competent commander and general, and played a role in the eventual strength of the Danava, and the Asura faction's victory over their Deva brethren.

Once the city of Mangaluru was no longer contested between the two Danava factions, the Tremere became the new enemy, as they sought to steal Danava secrets and diablerize Danava allies. The Saulot began to Embrace gangs of street thugs, sending them to Transylvania to fight the Tremere, and Rahul was asked to lead one of these groups. After arriving, they enjoyed many nights of successful battle against the Tremere, but Rahul's men found the strain of facing fire-wielding sorcerers too much, victory or not, and they abandoned the cause, leaving Rahul alone in a strange land. This pleases Rahul, for the Path of the God-King (Devaraja) rewards those who build their own domain from nothing, and he has set out to do just that.

Experience: I've played a little VtM, enough to know how it works but just the basics.

Last edited by gwythion; Oct 11th, 2021 at 01:09 AM.
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 03:10 AM
3.5 apples tall

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1746
ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf
Application
right-aligned image
Character Name: Vasili Stoica

Clan: Tzimisce

Physical Description: Tall, lean, and toughened by long years of soldiering. Vasili has a wizened countenance with hair that had begun graying and thinning before its progression was frozen by his embrace. His mien is cold, calculating, and disciplined.

Personality: Vasili is driven by ambition and tempered by patience. He is content to await proper opportunities for advancement and accumulating the power he believes is his due rather than grasp too greedily and stumble as he has seen so many do. He has a suspicious nature and trust, in his view, is the province of fools, as is the careless display of emotion. He is loyal to his sire and the clan hierarchy but is under no illusion that it will protect him should his destruction suit the whims of his superiors. He despises chaos and and lawlessness, believing it is his role to bring order (under the rule of the Voivodes, of course).

Background: Vasili was born into one of clan Tzimisce's revanant families. He spent decades as a man-at-arms and as a captain in the clan's ghoul armies before finally earning a place among their immortal lords. Now again, he must claw and scrape, be cunning and ruthless to put himself from the rabble.

Experience: I played a lot of Vampire the Masquerade (and some Dark Ages) back in the 90s. I have a copy of the Dark Ages 20th anniversary edition but I never read through it. Doing that now.
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 04:26 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Longes Longes
Application
right-aligned image
Character Name: Conrad Mirskoy

Clan: Cappadocian (preferred, but I'm fine with the Giovanni or even the Nagaraja)

Physical Description: An exceptionally ugly, heavily scarred man whose appearance is not helped by his clan's curse. His nose is ragged, his ears have been cut off, and his skin bears a vast network of lash scars. He looks like a beaten-down slave. It's only his voice that betrays the iron core of will residing in the mangled flesh.

Personality: Conrad is orderly to a fault, with bouts of anxiety when carefully made plans have to change for whatever reason - even having to reschedule feeding due to poor weather upsets him. He's a ruthless and demanding master, of others and of himself, though he takes great pains to avoid needless cruelty. He doles out compassion like a miser, building walls and facades of aloof disinterest, but a gentle hand comes out with people grieving for their dead loved ones. Conrad's interests lie largely in the exploration of death, the Underworld, and the dark arts of necromancy. Yet the body has needs, so Conrad finds himself drawn into mortal and vampiric affairs.

Background: Born in North-Eastern Europe, years of abuse have worn out Conrad's memory to raggedy threads. He knows he was captured and sold as a slave, and eventually bought by his Sire. Conrad's sire, a cruel and obsessive scientist, had no intention of creating a childe or liberating a slave. Conrad's intellect, an affinity for Necromancy, or character were of no merit - they needed a drudge to help around the laboratory, tend to experiments, and serve as an experimental subject. Conrad simply got lucky. His sire's experimental ritual worked, and Conrad was the winner. After two weeks of loneliness in the realm of the dead, his spirit was plucked by the sire's magic and roughly stitched back to his body.
Things didn't much improve afterward. The sire grew bored and moved on to new experiments. Conrad was shown ancient tomes and told to figure things out. Aloof sire was better than a cruel one though, and Conrad made great progress in his areas of expertise. The Transylvania expedition is his first chance to be truly free, and Conrad hopes to make the most of it.

Experience: I've played VtM on and off before, though the games have never lasted long. So I have tremendous experience reading books, and surface experience of playing.

Other: Merits "Mortuario" (Lore of the Clans p.106) and "Half-Life" (Lore of the Bloodlines p.48) are important to the background, so maybe take a look!

Last edited by Longes; Oct 11th, 2021 at 04:28 AM.
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 09:08 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
So many interesting characters! I'd added a deadline of next Saturday, before I wake up (and after I go to breakfast and take the dogs to the park - in theory around 11am GMT-6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwythion
Name: Rahul Mahesha
Clan: Danava (Ventrue Bloodline)
This character looks interesting. I'm going to have to do a lot of research on the Danava to see how it would work. I've never seen a Danava in play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantGame
Character Name: Freya Dunsirn
Clan: Lasombra
Alphabetical by last word will be fine. Also, what was the name of the time-travelly-anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrasmurf
Character Name: Vasili Stoica
Clan: Tzimisce
Are we talking Old Clan here (i.e., Dominate vs. Vicissitude)? I really like the vibe of this character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longes
Character Name: Conrad Mirskoy
Clan: Cappadocian (preferred, but I'm fine with the Giovanni or even the Nagaraja)
Just so's you're aware of what happens to most (though admittedly, not all) of the Clan of Death... No doubt there will be Skulls to be Harbinged...
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 09:15 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Longes Longes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyminder View Post
Just so's you're aware of what happens to most (though admittedly, not all) of the Clan of Death... No doubt there will be Skulls to be Harbinged...
I am indeed aware of that