RPXP: 448
Friend Friend Friend Friend Friend
Alright all, vultures circling!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:40 PM
So old, I saw the last Chief's Super Bowl

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 60964
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
accepting players, no.

allowing people to go to the game, and post in character around the camp, in hopes of being selected later, sure.

and for newbies, it's a great place to role play a bit, meet some folks, ask IN CHARACTER questions, and get a post count up.
Old 02-11-2020, 09:18 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
We've lost a key player, and need a replacement. We have been going since the original game, although we are down to a single, combined squad.

If selected, you would be joining a Wrestling Barbarian, A rogue/alchemist, and a Duskblade in a classic DND adventure. If you survive that quest, then you will join them on other, classic adventures.

Game NameIn Service to Coramir
Game SystemDnD 3.5e
ThemeMilitary themed adventure
FlavourClassic DnD Module driven Monster Fighting, a chance to work all those tier 3 and 4 classes.
Plot Summary

It will be a hack and slash game built around a military theme, where there are no Tier 1 classes (Wizard, Cleric, Druid, Archivist, Artificer, Erudite), and some of the game-breaking high magic is not available. I am looking to give tier 3 and 4 a chance to shine, so bring out your warmages, duskblades, rogues, rangers, spirit shamans, and even paladins.

Your PC would (likely) be a member in the Army of Coramir Resistance (but, since we are in the middle of an adventure, your background might be different in order to introduce you).

The duties of the current three members of the Army are whatever their squad leader tells them, perhaps guarding a trade road overnight, retrieving some valuable item left behind enemy lines during a retreat, scouting enemy forces, or rushing to the front to fill gaps in the line during a battle. You will fight typical DnD style monsters, bad guys, etc., and your individual missions may not always make sense to you, but they do to the commanding generals. This allows a wide variety of things to choose from, including dungeon crawls, open field battles, and fights against nearly anything in the bestiary.

Your enemy are the Ardor, black armored warrior mages who six decades ago invaded the lands of Coramir, and established themselves along the eastern coast. During the first twenty years of war, most of Coramir's royalty, and the cream of her magical and military crop, was wiped out. So to, were the great powers of the Ardor, leaving a firmly entrenched army camped on the coastline of Coramir, fighting a growing resistance army intent on destroying them.

Initially, the squad leader was an NPC. However, as the squad gained EXP, they kind of elected an impromptu brevet squad leader.

notes
The squad is in the middle of an adventure, and lost a poster/gamer to real life. We need a 4th, perhaps a 5th player.

I try to post/advance the plot every M/W/F, and would like you to be able to post at least 3 times a week yourself. We don't always manage this goal, but we try, and even though we sometimes slow down a bit, we kick ourselves and get back again. After all, we've been gaming for 7+ years.

You would start at 6th level...but remember, no Tier 1 classes, so power is a bit subdued. As stated, I want a game where the lesser tiers can shine a bit, and not be overwhelmed by the wizards and druids and shape-changing dinosaurs.

Because of that "lesser tier" gaming, there will be additional benefits given to your PC (think an extra feat here, some skill points there, a magic item or some other nominal power boost).

I like letting in newbies... I was once a newbie, and someone let me in their game, so I try to return the karma. That said... if you are brand new, I really, really need to know that you are a steady poster, and aren't going to flake out. Two of the gamers in this game have been here since the 2011 inception, and the other has been around for at least 5 years in the game (and a lot longer on the site).

Old 02-11-2020, 10:38 PM
Evil kitten

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4830
KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat
When would you like applications by? I have a few ideas kicking around in my head that I can flesh out over the next few days of craziness. Also do you have any preferences on what sorts of roles you would like to see in terms of applications?

Also, it is good to see you again!

Consider nominating someone yourself when they do an amazing job! Nominate here!
Old 02-12-2020, 06:52 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Applications of interest by this weekend... The party is leaving the dungeon to lick their wounds, and it would be a great place to intro a new PC.

I don't need much of an app.. interest/committment, the idea/concept of your PC, thoughts on how/why you ended up serving the Resistance Army of Coramir (just to get you into the group).

Any class/skill set would be fine. It's really a hack and slash setting. The group pretty much hops from frying pan to fire.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:12 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 680
AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV
Interested, will try and get something up today.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:59 PM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19726
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
oh, very interesting.

Last edited by kaylara; 02-12-2020 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:33 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Indeed, Kaylara...

We had both of those classes as starter players, years and years ago.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:56 PM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19726
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Here's my pitch
Mainly a healer, but if there's already a healing type, she can easily switch to a different element.

Kitsu, ShuraName: Kitsu Shura
Race: Elf
Class: Shugenja (Water)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Clan: Kitsu
Enemies: Spider Clan (responsible for Clan Kitsu destruction), Togashi Satsu
Description: Shura is a beautiful woman who appears to be in her early twenties (according to human years). Shura is a petite woman of about five-foot-one-inch, and looks like nothing so much as a perfect, porcelain doll brought to life. She weighs approximately one hundred and ten pounds. Shura's nobility shows by her appearance. Her body is smooth with pale skin and long flowing strands of straight white hair that hangs all the way down to her knees. From the looks of her hair it must take considerable effort to care for. Her small, fragile looking face is dominated by her dark brown eyes. Looking into those eyes is the first hint of something different about her from other girls her age.

Along with her straight face and self-possessed air, her eyes seem to take in the world around her with calm, detached all-encompassing perception. Being stared at by those eyes makes one feel that they can see everything about you, even the things one doesn't even know about oneself.

She carries a wakizashi at her side as a sign of her noble caste. Upon her swords hilt and scabbard bare the symbols of the It was known as the Last Elvin clan, and rumored to have been destroyed.
Kitsu clan. Her composure almost never wavers although a smile is often seen on her face. Her voice has a soprano pitch suitable for a young woman, but her intonation and vocabulary are thick with maturity and sophistication beyond her age from the moment she opens her mouth, and the accent is pure aristocracy.

She typically clothes herself in a manner that complements her doll-like features.

FamilyNotable Kitsu clan members include:
Kami Kitsu, Daymio (RIP)
Chie Kitsu, First Wife (RIP)
Togashi Satsu: Former Kitsu champion and betrayer. Killed the late emperor family and destroyed the Kitsu clan.

The five princesses of Kitsu and their status:
Katsumi Kitsu: Status unknown
Sakura Kitsu: Blackguard under the service of Satsu
Kame Kitsu: Status unknown
Hoshi Kitsu: Leading the guerilla forces against spider clan in the kitsu clan former lands
Shura Kitsu: One of the eight heroes that saved Korama then headed west to aid Coramir

Personality: Despite her appearance, Shura is a sweet and kind person with a quiet personality. She leads thru example, relying on her abilities to speak louder than words or prayer. As a Water Priestess, she focuses on healing and curing the ailments that plaque the lands. As one of the five princesses, she hopes to one day restore the Kitsu clan to it's former glory. While she does not desire much, she has always been enthralled by the old legends.

Background: The Kitsu clan was a mountain clan nestled south-west of Yakashi, far out of reach of most of those without means to fly. It served as the last remaining clan of the named as Air due to their high mountain homeAir Elfs.

As one of the five princesses of the Kitsu clan, Shura was born into nobility. She was trained from birth in the ways of the Shugenja by the Order of the Gentle Rain. Each of her sisters each were sent to a One learned Fire, another Earh, Air and The Voiddifferent Shugenga order. Two of her sisters, Japanese name meaning "mist."Katsumi and Japanese name meaning "cherry blossom."Sakura were sent to the Yamada clan to learn the ways of the Shugenga. Kasumi learned the way of the crane and focused on air magic where Sakura followed the way of the phoenix and learned the arts of the fire. The remaining three sisters, Japanese name meaning "tortoise (symbol of long life)."Kame, Japanese name meaning "star."Hoshi, and The meaning of the name is `Protector of Mankind`Shura joined a diverse group of scholars and trainers deep inside the Kitsu mountains where they each began to study their own elements. Kame followed the ways of the tortoise and focused on earth magic, where Hosi studied the fifth element, the void.

Throughout her training, Shura became very well attuned to the element of Water where she focused on it's healing properties. Due to the intensity of the training, it would take over 10 years for the sisters to learn the way of the Shugenga. As the years went on and their training was nearing completion is when they heard the news of their family and the Their clan was destroyed by a combination of Powerful Fire Magic (keeping the sky aflame to prevent flying, then many charges/explosions that were set by ninja of the Spider Clan, causing the mountain to collapse on top of the Kitsu clan, crushing or burying most of the inhabitants.) Very few escaped.destruction of their clan. None were certain of the true reasons the Spider clan had to destroy Kitsu. Evidence points at the facts, they conclude the reasons were because the Kitsu clan turned down the alliance offer with the Spider clan. The Spider clan, being as they are must have decided to destroy the Kitsu clan before they could make another alliance.

With her clans destruction, it meant the end of the last clan of the Air Elves. Now the Air elves were even more scarce and spread throughout the lands. The sisters decided to split up and go Using a new call sign: Band of the Hand (where each finger is represented by a sister)into hiding. Their secret hope is for the five sisters/princesses to reunite and build back the clan.

As part of her coming of age and mastery of the element of water, she was gifted the title of Shugenga along with her families sword depicting her as one of the five princesses of the Kitsu clan. Afterwards, Shura made her way to Kinosaga where she could lay low for awhile and wait for a chance to build or regain her loss. She decided to move into the abandoned shrine whose caretaker passed away two years ago and help keep the place clean while offering healing to those who are in need.

There she was able to join a group of heroes known as "the eight", making her one of the eight heroes of legend. As one of the eight, she fought many battles and helped overcome countless challenges which led to saving the lands of Korama.

With her homeland saved, Shura set her sights on the west where she ended up joining the military campaigns of Coramir in hopes to save the west lands as well.

The military always looked for able bodies to join. Once she was a member, it did not take her long to advance, mostly due to her reputation, assuming a base soldier is lv1, she is lv6skills and advanced abilities where she easily made rank of assuming squad leader are captains else what ever is a rank under them.lieutenant.

Role Play Sample:

Last edited by kaylara; 02-13-2020 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2169
Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome

Name: Gavin McCloud
Race: Human
Class: Ranger 3/Scout 3
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Description: He stands a tad over 6'3" and fills out his brown leather armor with a considerably well-toned body. He looks youthful but at the same time aged beyond his years. His skin is tanned from the many years of living outdoors. It contrasts nicely with his piercing steel blue eyes, strong nose and cheek bones. He keeps his face shaved and clean. It allows for ease of putting on war paint. His long shoulder length blond hair is flows freely down onto his shoulders and past. It is partially covered with his green traveling cloak. He usually has his trusty longbow and a pair of swords strapped on his waist.

Personality: Gavin has spent years scouting for the army and it shows in his eyes. He walks with a purpose and determination to destroy Ardor and the warrior mages that permeate the land. He is very serious when on mission, but once released from duty he lets loose. He is friendly and outgoing and always helping others in need. He is very loyal to his unit, army and friends.

Background: Gavin McCloud was born to his parents, Greta and Hal McCloud in the small village located in the forest on the border with Ardor. Gavin enjoyed a fairly happy life as a kid. He trained many a years in ranger craft and martial combat. He had learned as his parents before him and their parents before them in the ranger craft.
His parents were conscripted into the Coramir Army. They would have volunteered without the order. They served just over a year in honor until they were killed in a Argon ambush. None or their squad nor platoon survived that day.
Gavin had just turned 18 and it was his turn to serve. He did not hesitate. There was evil and he must help stop it. He has been working as a ranger/scout for several years now. He was sent on a mission to link up with a squad that was short a few soldiers and could use some more experienced soldier.

Last edited by Clawsome; 02-13-2020 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3060
Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers
Very much interested. Will work on putting together a concept over the next few days.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:52 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3060
Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers
Name: Na’at Nayan
Race: Human
Class: Monk 1 / Ninja 5

Last edited by Whispers; 02-13-2020 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-13-2020, 08:14 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Some nice apps... Good jobs!
Old 02-14-2020, 08:00 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24670
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Eleanore
right-aligned image
Name: Eleanore Abylone
Title: Duchess of Abylone
Height: 5'9
Weight: 132
Eyes: Dark blue
Hair: Brown
Class: Ranger\Fighter (Archer)
Alignment: C\N
Background

Abylone is a vast coastal land on the east, heavily populated with golden beaches, orchards and grapes. The Abylone family of the same name as the duchy ruled over the territory, faithful to the king of Coramir for hundreds of years. Eleanore is the last descendant of this glorious family. Born in a ditch full of nobles corpses where her mother was left for dead, it's a miracle she lived in the first place. She was saved by townfolks who found that dead noblewoman with a baby still attached to her by an umbilical cord. She grew up on the run, hunted down by the Ardor's inquisitors. Eleanore survived old enough to bring the fight to the enemy, but so many people died so that she could live. The archer could have been a fine court lady, but only learned war and death. Eleanore takes great pleasure to hunt and kill, she is beyond vengeance with a hatred for Ardor that is worthy of a place waiting for her in hell. Too stubborn to die, she survived many deadly wounds. In the rare occasions she bathes, her beauty is worthy of the long line of noble of Abylone. Yet, her body has multiple scars from multiple failed assassination attempts.

Personality

Loyalty to her squad and friends is the only virtue that makes her human. Beyond that she is perceived merciless killer. Eleanore has a taste to play with her prey, torment them and make sure they have plenty of pain before they die. Pragmatic and low profile otherwise, she is pretty much an alcoholic and smoke all kind of herbs and tobacco between mission. Eleanore is also a loose woman, having a few regular lovers in camp to try to feel alive. She is a broken woman for life, having seen too much blood and death in this war that doesn't want to end. She has very little hope that it will end one day, so that she can return to Abylone to take her rightful place in her family castle that she never visited.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	small.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	83131  

Last edited by MoonZar; Yesterday at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-14-2020, 03:52 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1386
Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind
I won't be entering a second time, just wanted to give massive kudos to you and the remaining players for sticking with it for nine whole years. Now that's dedication!