DnD5e Eberron: The Fickle Tendrils of Fate - Page 9 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-11-2020, 05:21 PM
Electrum DM 2019

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11350
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
No feedback or question-answering in this post, but I wanted to make a quick reminder that I'm willing to consider (not promising anything!) sources outside of those I've listed, if people are interested. I just have to have a chance to look them over.

So far, the Spore Druid from Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica and the Unity Cleric from the most recent Unearthed Arcana have been approved for use.

Now Recruiting: The Fickle Tendrils of Fate
Old 02-12-2020, 10:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24708
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros

Looking great Unko, you have a tough road ahead only picking a handful of users from these amazing applications.

Keep up the great work everyone!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	received_123153415703048.jpeg
Views:	215
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	83118  
Old 02-12-2020, 04:45 PM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7354
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
Am I the only one who starts singing Spore some sugar on me when I see spore druid? It is probably just me... >.>

For the youngsters : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU7yLn5DYQM
Old 02-12-2020, 11:26 PM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23321
Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak
I think it's just you..

I'm not a youngster to not catch the song, just didn't tie it into a Druid.
But now, I can't get it out of my head... I can't get enough..
So thank you.
Old 02-13-2020, 04:29 PM
A Most Skeptical Hippo

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2982
davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15
Spore some druid on meee! Literally been playing on loop in my addled brain all day.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:22 AM
for the love of kittehs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 41274
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Ack! I feel like there's a gray area where earworms should allow for mod action to remove/hide them from the world... but there isn't, and so I just bite my thumb at you, sir.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:05 PM
Electrum DM 2019

Tools
User Statistics
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Hey there, y'all! It seems like most of the applications are complete, with a few people finishing up. We've got one week until applications close! I won't be shortening the window, only because there are still apps I'm waiting on and I'm making some finishing touches. So if anyone is still interested or considering, please feel free to apply!

I've managed to make all but the very last map, which I'm now polishing. I spent last night making lots of tokens and sourcing art and whatnot. I'm hopeful that today I can finish polishing the last part of the adventure and putting the last map together. I'm very excited about this game, and all of the wonderful apps it's gotten so far!

Old 02-16-2020, 12:21 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3073
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
One week to go! You'll have a tough time indeed selecting from all those excellent applications.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:29 PM
for the love of kittehs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 41274
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Sheesh. 20 apps complete per your chart, how are you going to choose? I do not envy you that headache.
Old 02-16-2020, 04:01 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2444
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Yeah, that will hard indeed to try and pick a handful.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:41 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 687
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Getting excited!
Old 02-18-2020, 11:42 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
bubsmcp bubsmcp
Old 02-19-2020, 02:09 AM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Francisco Belaqua
Forgive the late application - I just found this site a couple of days ago looking for PBP sites.

Application is Complete
Am I new:
To 5E - Yes! I played D&D quite regularly during the 2E and 3E time period. I started playing in middle school back in the mid-90s and played throughout college and a bit beyond. However, life got in the way and I ventured away and haven't really played in a game for the past 15 years or so. That being said - I've always kept up with the community, and have purchased most of the 5E material (and more pathfinder than is sensible) over the years. Life's recently given me a bit more freetime and I'm looking to get going with a new campaign.

To Eberron - not at all. Eberron has, since it premiered after the setting search, been my absolute favorite setting. I own basically all of the 3E material, and recently purchased Morgrave Miscellany and Rising from the Last War. I also have listened to all of Keith Baker's Manifest Zone podcast and read several of the trilogies written in Eberron. The publication of RftLW has really sparked my interest in playing in an Eberron campaign in 5E.

To the site - Brand new. This is my first post. Hopefully not my last! Please excuse me as I get up to speed on the posting conventions and formatting around here.

Also - I have no idea how to build an optimized PC for 5E. A bit of googling tells me a Knowledge Cleric Gnome might not be the most optimized choice, but it fits with a character concept I've been tweaking for a few months. Hopefully, I can make some choices in character creation that will allow him to be a useful party member.

Name: Aryth Sil Lonadar
Race: Mark of Scribing Gnome
Class: Lore Bard - Reskinned completely as a Scholar of the Draconic Prophecy.
Background: Sage

Backstory:
Until recently, the Lonadar family was an unmarked, excoriate branch of House Sivis. Aryth's grandfather, Arcanyth, was one of the most renowned members of the Wyrmwatch council before the Last War, constantly seeking to unravel the mysteries of the Draconic Prophecy. Aryth's father, Archibald, was following in his footsteps when, due to differences of opinions with the Council in the midst of the Last War, he split with the council, resulting in his family being declared Excoriate by Sivis. Archibald and his wife fled Zilargo for Sharn to avoid attracting any unwanted attention from The Trust. Archibald continued his pursuit of the prophecy, eventually raising his son to follow in his footsteps. Archibald was in Cyre on the Day of the Mourning and is presumed dead. Most of Archibald and Arcanyth's research survives in the Lonadar's private library in the backrooms of The Lonadar Emporium of Alchemical Admixtures and Antiquities, the esoteric shop of curiosities run by his mother, Dalia - a skilled alchemist in her own right.

Aryth has just come of age as a gnome. In the later parts of the Last War he began helping his father in his research into the Draconic Prophecy. The two spent the last two years prior to the Day of Mourning attempting to track down clues to the prophecy that Aryth’s grandfather had started to unravel. Aryth was never fully up to speed with what his father was seeking – Archibald was attempting to bring his son along slowly – ensuring that he had a solid grounding in his education and the basics of the prophetic signs scattered across Eberron. However, he accelerated that when, on their first expedition away from Sharn, Aryth manifested the Mark of Scribing during a particularly harrowing dungeon delve in the depths of a forgotten Dhakaani era dungeon in Seawall Mountains inside Darguun. Worrying how House Sivis, and more specifically the Wyrmwatch Council of the The Twelve, would react to discovering that a member of an excoriate branch had manifested a dragonmark, Archibald began teaching Aryth more rapidly, seeking to give the youth more experience should members of the house ever become more than a nuisance.

Over the next two years, their adventures took them from the Vile Marsh in Droaam to the outskirts of Whitecliff in Q’barra as they (along with the crew of the airship that they used for travel – The Rising Tide) sought to further unravel the prophetic clues they had pieced together thus far. Upon their return to Sharn from their last outing (this time to the Whisper Woods in Aundair), Archibald saw two paths to continue piecing the clues together. One would take him deep into Cyre – which was particularly war-torn at the moment, and one would, as chance would have it, lead straight into the depths of the Cogs of Sharn itself. Aryth (which some urging from the crew of The Rising Tide, who wanted to keep the young gnome away from the volatile situation in Cyre) volunteered to pursue the lead in Sharn, while Archibald and the rest of the crew headed towards Cyre. It ended up being a fateful decision, as 1 week after the ship was scheduled to cross into Cyre, the Mourning occurred, and the ship and all crew members are presumed dead.

Since the Day of Mourning, Aryth has redoubled his efforts into investigating the one avenue of exploration still open to him – the Cogs of Sharn. Delving into the depths as often as possible, he has also begun to attempt to reach out to other individuals in Sharn who also seek the knowledge of the prophecy, or who are known to be associated with it. He has even recently become acquainted with Flamewind, the Sphinx who resides within Morgrave University and is a known oracle of the Draconic Prophecy. Aryth wouldn’t call them friends (or even close associates) but he has discussed the prophecy on multiple occasions with the Sphinx and is eager to learn more from her.

Six Months ago, stymied in his efforts to explore the depths of Sharn independently, Aryth decided to join the Clifftop Adventurers Guild in an effort to associate with more like-minded individuals and see if he could make more progress with some assistance. He, also, was lonely for companionship, having thrown himself into the prophecy and tracking down its clues for the past 5 years. Now – having made some progress since joining the Guild, he eagerly looks forward to his next big adventure, and continuing to track down pieces of the prophecy.

Goals:
Continue his research into the Prophecy
Track down what happened to The Rising Tide on the day of Mourning
Make Friends and See the World

Last edited by Francisco Belaqua; 02-19-2020 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Fixing Formatting and Typos
Old 02-19-2020, 02:28 AM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Francisco Belaqua
Also - just throwing this out there, my character concept is not at all based on class. If we think Aryth would be better as a wizard or bard, I'm more than happy to adjust. I honestly chose cleric because 1) I love the idea of drawing power not from a deity, but a strong belief in something tangible in the world and 2) I figured a cleric would be slightly more newbie friendly than a wizard or bard.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:37 PM
Electrum DM 2019

Tools
User Statistics
Hey, all! Work is getting a little bit hectic. At the moment, I still need to review and give feedback to Francisco Belaqua and bubsmcp (as he requested it). I'm going to try to do that tonight, but will definitely do so before the weekend.

As the deadline draws closer, though and my work schedule fluctuates, I'm going to say I can't promise prompt feedback to anyone else. Maybe you'll get some, maybe not. While that's been true for the whole process, I thought I should emphasize that no one should be too hopeful about getting feedback in time to revise their app after Francisco and bubsmcp.