Old 02-14-2020, 07:34 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 177
GoombaJosh GoombaJosh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therru View Post
This is the dwarfiest thing I've ever read. RPXP for somehow managing to apply in-character.
Heck yeah, don't know what RPXP means, but any xp points are an accomplishment in my book.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:41 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 172
Ermine Ermine
I'm so excited for this~
And just excited in general, since I got a raise and a bonus at work because I had a really good performance review.

Last edited by Ermine; 02-14-2020 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-14-2020, 12:04 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 154
Miss Nomer Miss Nomer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
I'm so excited for this~
And just excited in general, since I got a raise and a bonus at work because I had a really good performance review.
Congrats!
Old 02-15-2020, 02:24 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 591
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Are you accepting Tortles? I just had an idea and also think that these types of creatures fit in with your setting, if not, it's all good, I will continue with my little gnome, but just felt like I should ask.
Old 02-15-2020, 01:46 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 339
Therru Therru Therru Therru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
I'm so excited for this~
Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Star View Post
Are you accepting Tortles? I just had an idea and also think that these types of creatures fit in with your setting, if not, it's all good, I will continue with my little gnome, but just felt like I should ask.
I'm ok with Tortles in theory - please link me to the particular ruleset you're planning to use though! Most versions I've seen have been fine, but there's some wild homebrew out there
Old 02-15-2020, 02:45 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 591
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
This is from dnd beyond, so I believe that it is the most common one to use now.

https://www.dndbeyond.com/races/tortle
Old 02-15-2020, 05:33 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
This is from dnd beyond, so I believe that it is the most common one to use now.

https://www.dndbeyond.com/races/tortle
That should be fine
Old 02-15-2020, 05:59 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 916
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Quote:
left-aligned image
Kappa?
Old Yesterday, 01:38 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Miss Nomer Miss Nomer
Quote:
Originally Posted by penbeast0 View Post
Kappa?
left-aligned image
Nah, ninjas.
Old Yesterday, 02:14 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 177
GoombaJosh GoombaJosh
So his playing as a Italian Ninja Kappa that's being hunted down for being very weird looking (one might even say memeish)
Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by penbeast0 View Post
Apologies for not getting anything up yet. Had some ideas for characters but couldn't match them with ideas for personalities in a way that seemed fun to play. Will keep thinking until either I come up with something fun or your deadline kicks me in the head.
Not to worry penbeast! That's the way it goes sometimes - I've had fun characters crystallise in the course of an evening, and others that never quite worked no matter how hard I wanted them to... Do feel free to PM (or throw ideas around in the thread) if you want to try to figure something out in the next few days! Although you might find there's a bias towards giant turtles at the moment for some reason...

Time to break out the Skaven homebrew?
Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Miss Nomer Miss Nomer
Tortle fan-boys when Therru gives the okay:

Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 995
Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite
Application
Name: Lumin
Class: Sorcerer (Wild Magic)
Race: Scourge Aasimar
Background: Urchin: Abandoned by his mother at a young age. Now too old to live in the orphanage. A street person.
Appearance:
Lumin is young, and looks even younger. He is physically weak and frail. But his features are perfect, aside from a prominent scar across his face. He has the face of an angel. His eyes and hair are quite unusual for this part of the world, golden blonde hair and blue eyes. Despite is foreign appearance, most anyone would be struck by his beauty.
Personality:
Lumin is bright and charismatic. He is eager to befriend those who are open to him. He is well liked in the circles that he frequents. But he is often misunderstood by strangers. He distrusts power and authority. He is resentful of privileged people. And when someone has made him an enemy, he can be ruthless.

Lumin can be quite industrious. He finds work around town regularly. He's not really strong enough for physical labor. But he's eager to be a gopher, cleaner, or helper of any kind. He's acquired a number of acquaintances through this work.
Backstory:
Lumin knows very little about his parents. Until recently, his whole life he was in an orphanage. Once at a carnival an old woman claiming to be a "seer" told him a tale about his mother.

According to the seer, Lumin's mother was a peasant girl. In her poverty, the peasant girl took to burglary to put food on the table. While robbing a castle vault, the girl found an enchanted creature imprisoned in a magical cage. She found the key and freed the creature. As it happens, the imprisoned creature was from another world, and possessed great arcane power. The creature rewarded the girl for this feat by granting her three wishes. She wished to be beautiful. She wished to be as rich as the richest merchant in her town. Then feeling guilty about her vanity and greed, she wished for a child that would bring light into this dark world. In several months, she indeed bore a beautiful child. Beautiful, but somehow alien in appearance - with no resemblance to the mother. As the boy grew, it was clear he possessed powerful and uncontrolled magic. The young woman came to believe that the magical creature was actually a demon, who had tricked her, and that the child was some sort of curse. So she abandoned the boy to an orphanage, and took her wealth to a far away city.

Lumin doesn't know if this story his true, but he does possess uncontrolled magic. His memory of his early childhood is only fleeting images. He has never heard of an "Aasimar". No one has ever tried to tell him what he is. He thinks of himself as a human being with unusual powers.

How did Lumin become an adventurer? Well it wasn't really a choice. He has few connections in this world. He lives day to day, to find food and shelter. He knows that his magical abilities are special, and he tries to find opportunities to use them to fight for what he believes is right. He feels a sense of destiny, but at this stage in life he has no direction.
Why is this a character?:
I'm eager to see how the combination of Wild Magic and the Aasimar origin play out together. This youngster may appear to be weak at first glance, but his uncontrolled magic makes him a formidable enemy, and even frightening to allies. I picture him gaining respect from brawny warriors by lashing out with surprising magic. I think there's a lot of story to tell as he learns what his true origin might be, and what is means to be an Aasimar.

Last edited by Stadiumite; Yesterday at 10:07 PM.
Old Today, 04:00 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 908
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therru View Post

Time to break out the Skaven homebrew?
Oh lordy...