RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 11-29-2011, 12:09 AM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 61022
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oghain View Post
Would you allow the Dragonfire Adept from Dragon Magic?

Also, placeholder for a squad 7 or 3.
i don't have that book, so I will say no at this time.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:36 AM
Chibi Commandant Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1328
HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin
Really interested, would Beguiler class from PHB 2 fit into this campaign?

Last edited by HuaiXin; 11-29-2011 at 12:36 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-29-2011, 12:40 AM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuaiXin View Post
Really interested, would Beguiler class from PHB 2 fit into this campaign?
i have nothing against them, however, this is a bit more hack and slash style, so be warned. there may well be places you can shine, but there will be places you may have to get very creative, to stay useful to the squad.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:02 AM
Chibi Commandant Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1328
HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin
Name: Keath Aerman

Race: Human

Class: Beguiler

Appearance: Black hair and green eyes. Thin and lanky body build with pale skin. 175cm tall.

Background: Keath Aerman enlisted in the militia in his hometown close to the country's border. The small town was unremarkable but Keath never considered leaving his simple provincial life. Keeping his natural magical talents hidden from others he acted as a scout and watchman for the militia, favouring stealth and a quick tongue to resolve problems before outright fighting. However, this came to an end when Coramir was invaded and the border was overran. Fleeing the enemy Keath only barely escaped using his magical talents and wits. Joining the army he hopes to atone for his cowardice and strike back against the enemy.

Squad: 7

*will probaly add more later when there is more information

Last edited by HuaiXin; 11-29-2011 at 02:22 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:00 AM
Oriana 🌸 Oleander

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1363
ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cidolfas View Post
Well I'm already in line for a cookie, what else do I get
You win 1 internet, my good sir.
What are my options, when all my ambitions fail?
Old 11-29-2011, 07:11 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3476
Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain
Do you mind Psychic Warrior From Extended Psionics? Or failing that, any of the unusual classes from the Oriental Adventures?

Last edited by Oghain; 11-29-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:26 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1386
Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind
Can we apply with more than one character? That is to say, i'd like to try and play as either a scout or a barbarian, whichever application (if any xD ) you find better. I'll start on my barb now, and edit this post with additional info later on.

App 1Name: Bowakhe, also known as "thumpa"

Race: Human

Class Barbarian

Alignment: Neutral good

Squad 3. (i might be enthusiastic about the game at first, but knowing myself, i think that 3 is more realistic.in the long run.)

Appearance At first glance, Bowakhe fits the description of a stereotypical barbarian almost perfectly, with his broad shoulders, battle scarred hands and towering bulk. All that one needs to do to dispel this however is to gaze at his eyes and discover an innocent tranquility within. Unlike most of his brethren, he is almost completely bald, a tuft of light brown hair sitting atop his reddish scull. This would make any other man seem more vicious and wild, but on Bowakhe it just looks... natural, somehow in line with his demeanor.

Personality: Intelligence is certainly not one of Bowakhe's strong suits. He was described by his tribe as "dense" even before he saw his fair share of fighting, but a hammer blow or two to the head weeded out any stubble of intelligence he might have harbored. On the other hand, the barbarian is as kindhearted as a child, and fiercely loyal to the ones who take care of and accept him.
This would all be well and good if not for his reoccurring... episodes of raging madness. Bowakhe is an asset on every battlefield since he is slow to take offense and anger under normal circumstances. However, when that which he seeks to preserve is threatened, his bottled up rage explodes in a wild torrent, leaving the barbarian blind to his actions.

Why he joined the army: One such incident of his resulted in two of his clan brethren being struck down by Bowakhe himself. Although he was well loved within his tribe, the elders decided that his mace and hammer were more of a threat to the community than the enemy. Exiled from the world he knew, Bowakhe wandered aimlessly and half mad with far for what seemed an eternity, when he was spotted by a scouting expedition. Perceiving one man as no real threat, they strove to capture the barbarian. Once he told them what had happened, they took him to their commanding officer, who, in his wisdom, decided he could use a capable if half witted man with the knowledge even the dumbest of barbarians possess. Now, bowakhe is content to serve in the army, sharing drinks, kills and tales with his new family.

App 2Name:Reina Cristabel

Race: Halfling

Class: Scout

Alignment True neutral

Squad: 3

Appearance: Standing at about three feet tall, Reina is taller than most halfling women, yet still small enough to easily hide in tall grass or shrubs when on her frequent outings. In spite of a well proportioned and feminine body, not many a man could call her a sight to behold, mainly thanks to her plain, wind swept face and thin, sickly looking brown hair which falls about her neck in loose strands. Here eyes are chestnut brown, yet radiate a strange coldness more suited to the color of sapphires.

Personality: Reina is what one might call a loner, though this is the case more because of her life's circumstances than her own choosing. She keeps to herself most of the time, afraid that she will only get hurt if she tries to form a more meaningful bond with someone. She masks her social insecurities with her exceptional battle prowess and unfeigned bravery, often being the first to head out into the unknown and return with reliable information. She thrives on the praise given her for this, yet doesn't let it show, lest it shame her in front of her comrades. Number one comes first to Reina, but since she is well aware that she wouldn't last long without at least a semblance of a fellowship which guides and protects her, her own self interest more often than not coincides with the plans of her superiors.

Why she joined the army: Reina's reasons for joining the army were simple enough - there were comrades and gold to be made, in that order. Telling stories by the hearth with men who treat her like a favored sister is the best she strives for in life, and the army seemed like the ideal place to fulfill this desire. If a few hill giants and goblins get a taste of her bullets as a result of this, all the better!

Last edited by Outmind; 12-01-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
@oghain: I don't have either book. Is Oriental Adventures 3.0?

I am working on allowing the dragonfire adept, however... so there's hope for that.

Multiple apps are fine, since they are pretty easy. However, let's limit it to TWO. Otherwise, we would just say "I'll play anything to get in".

And deadline is Friday noonish, Central Time... that way, i can announce Friday night, and you can have the weekend to get your PC ready.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:58 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
OA is 3.5e, but its not used very often anymore nowadays because the most popular things from it were put into more popular books...

I'll hold out for the Dragonfire Adept then!
Old 11-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4101
prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100
Name: Inrels Drigip
Race: Gnome
Class: Bard
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Squad: 3 (Can not be Squad 7)
Background: A bit of a quiet fellow for a the occasionally sings a song or two about a lovely maiden or grand adventures but mostly listens to what others have to say, that's how you get the new stories after all. If you talk to him, he'll tell you a story about how he joined the Army to be a part of the great ballads and learn their songs, and if you press for details you'll learn that he didn't have a lot of choice in being here. He was caught courting an Elven girl who happened to be a promenint merchants daughter and the army was about the only place safe from his reach.

Last edited by prometheous100; 11-29-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Oriana 🌸 Oleander

Tools
User Statistics
ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz
To be technical, OA is actually 3.0e (easiest way to tell is by class skills), but should be compatible with 3.5 gameplay, especially since its all tier 4-5 material.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1047
Rlyeth Rlyeth Rlyeth Rlyeth Rlyeth Rlyeth Rlyeth Rlyeth
Definitely interested. Would you allow Warforged from ebberron? Thinking maybe a good old hack and slash fighter.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcaneJazz View Post
To be technical, OA is actually 3.0e (easiest way to tell is by class skills), but should be compatible with 3.5 gameplay, especially since its all tier 4-5 material.
Ah! My apologies! I can reference essays using three or four conflicting reference systems but when it comes to saying for certain what any particular book's edition is... I'm less than 100%.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:59 PM
Oriana 🌸 Oleander

Tools
User Statistics
Nah its cool. I was using 3.0e and OA when it was all new. My formative years :P

Last edited by ArcaneJazz; 11-29-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:44 PM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
i go back to "red" and "blue" DnD book editions, so that tells you something.

@fafnir, warforged would be allowed. Be noted, however, that healing might be tougher for you, and since I don't know eberron and warforged, i may make mistakes... on you.

@prometheous: works for me.

@oghain, I will allow Dragonfire adept, i believe.