RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 11-30-2011, 12:26 AM
Season starts THIS week

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 66504
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
which group E?

you've got competition in squad 7, but not much in squad 3...
Old 11-30-2011, 12:39 AM
Timelost Gunslinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1727
DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard
My as if Im some kinda expert lolspecialties are in psionics and ToB, so anyone that wants advice making those kinds of characters feel free to PM me
Old 11-30-2011, 02:32 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1096
Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne
Well, I've got my character idea basically boiled down to a Dread Necromancer. I haven't worked out her appearance and personality just yet (those will be coming soon) but I did come up with a background, then found myself inspired to write a little story.

Name: Akelha Xa'Vius
Class: Dread Necromancer
Race: Aasimar
Squad: 7

Personality: Usually serious, Akelha doesn't quite cross over to 'grim' in her attitude - she still appreciates levity and humor at appropriate times, and has even on rare occasions been known to interject a joke to ease a tense situation. She's protective of those she's close to, but she doesn't get close very much at all. Strangers are of little consequence to her other than pragmatically; she feels a camraderie with the people of Coramir because she is one and because they are the enemies of her enemies, but beyond their value as allies, she doesn't think highly of the individual worth of any particular person who hasn't done something for her, first. To her enemies she tends to be both merciless and ruthless, and if she can put them to use in some manner - as undead minions, for instance - she will, along with making maximum use of the shock value and inherent uneasiness such things cause. Her own experiences have left her with an appropriate respect of the power of the dead, but her abilities have led her to view them as powerful but dangerous tools.

Last edited by Mnemnosyne; 12-01-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:57 AM
Eerdverk

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 192
Eddaverk Eddaverk
Third, forgot to move it down from my first post. :P

Off to school with me, but then on to a bit of writing.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10354
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Name Broren
Race Human
Class Warmage
Squad 3

Appearance stands 5' 8" and 160 pounds. Though thin he is well muscled.

Background Kicked out of his family for running away from the family occupation when he joined the warmage college. He dropped his last name and has since been know as Broren. He joined the army as a natural step once graduated and he stands ready to make a name for himself.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:22 PM
Bone Head

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1009
spikehed spikehed spikehed spikehed spikehed spikehed spikehed spikehed
Since Mne also wants to play a Dread Necromancer, you can change my class to Marshal for Squad 7.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Terror With a Smile

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
rgrmrdth
Name: Zarola
Race: Changeling
Class: Sorcerer (Concept: Sorcerer/Master Transmogrifist)
Squad 7 or 3 (7 Preferred)
Level: 1

Old 11-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3260
Barlycorn Barlycorn Barlycorn Barlycorn Barlycorn Barlycorn Barlycorn Barlycorn Barlycorn Barlycorn Barlycorn
Sounds like a good game, Dirkoth. I think I would like to bring back a character I really liked in a game that died an early death (as so many do). She was a Tiefling Hexblade. I realize Tieflings are LA:+1 so I will change that part to either human or half-elf (too bad, though, I really liked swishing her tail around, heheh).

Name: Still waiting for a name to hit me over the head, for now, call her K
Class: Hexblade
Race: Human or Half-elf
Squad: 3 (weekends can be sporadic)

K grew up in the street gangs of The City. She was smart and rescourceful and by the time she was in her middle teens she was a lieutenant in her gang.

Not long ago, all hells broke loose within the gang. A lot of blood was spilt and K found herself on the run. It isn't surprising that a young girl without a home, and more importantly, without a family (her actual parents are still alive in The City but she had to leave them behind), would find herself in the military.

Last edited by Barlycorn; 12-01-2011 at 09:16 PM. Reason: basic background
Old 12-01-2011, 01:16 AM
Season starts THIS week

Tools
User Statistics
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
if it's just a tail you want, that can be arranged...
Old 12-01-2011, 01:32 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1096
Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne
Tieflings don't have to be LA +1, technically. There's the Lesser Tiefling and also the Savage Progressions tiefling, both start as LA +0 and the Savage Progressions one can optionally take a level in the racial class at any subsequent time to gain the full benefits of their race.

Last edited by Mnemnosyne; 12-01-2011 at 01:36 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:50 AM
The con is on...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 513
grifter grifter grifter grifter grifter grifter
I'm interested. Though I don't have a long list of posts to my credit here, you'd find me a popular addition to Squad 3. I'm personable.

And, flexible: I would be happy to play the part of Beguiler, Bard, Psychic Warrior, Rogue, Ranger ... even a monk if it fits with the party's interest. The "tier" concerns me very little. The storytelling's the compelling factor. I'm a sucker for the tale well told.

Uh, Coramir? Should I recognize this setting, or is this a homegrown campaign setting?
Old 12-01-2011, 09:19 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4025
Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain
Name: Koryachen the Salamander
Class: Dragonfire Adept
Race: Spellscale (Races of the Dragon)
Squad: Preference: 7; Will Accept: Either

To be a Spellscale is be both alone and surrounded by people simultaneously. Few people understand what it really means to be part dragon, and within those few even less understand Koryachen's desire to draw closer to his sires. In a strange approach to the often flamboyant life style of a Spellscale, Koryachen has earned the nickname of 'Salamander' for his peculiar attempts to become more of a dragon all the while remaining something less than completely draconic. As a by product of this strange desire to reach for his lineage rather than running away from it, the Salamander has taken up the path of a Dragonfire Adept in the hopes that by suffusing his mind and body with the abilities of a dragon, however lessened, he might be able to one day find a way to bring himself closer to true dragonhood.

Last edited by Oghain; 12-03-2011 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Updating.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:21 AM
Season starts THIS week

Tools
User Statistics
homegrown. any resemblance to a word/place/idea already in use is coincidental.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 523
Morzella Morzella Morzella Morzella Morzella Morzella
I think I'm willing to give the downtrodden, untrusted goblin idea a go. It has a certain appeal.

Name: Gribbler "Goodguy" Benny
Class: Binder (ToM) (would go bard if binder is no good)
Squad: Squad 3

Old 12-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1386
Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind
Just letting you know I've updated my app post with the second application.

Last edited by Outmind; 12-01-2011 at 02:23 PM.