RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 12-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 61022
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
@gavinfoxx that looks like a combo of sorcerer with the ACF for focused wizard/conjuration tossed in. At this time, I am going to say no, just because I don't know it, and with little time before I choose squads, not much time to review it. I could change my mind later, after I have time to study it, but not now.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1047
Rlyeth Rlyeth Rlyeth Rlyeth Rlyeth Rlyeth Rlyeth Rlyeth
Yes, I realize that strong role playing is what really makes the game. However, I was trying to comment on the fact that often times combat tactics and attempts at good role playing can be ruined by a high powered caster who role plays poorly and just throws out his most powerful spells with little thought as to working as a team or creating a compelling story. Hence why I was greatly looking forward to a game where Mechcanically we will have to role play well and work together to overcome challenges, rather than simply casting greater visage of the deity and crushing everything.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4101
prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100
It doesn't particularly apply to me since ALL my spells have verbal components, but as part of the world... is the magic of the world 'subtle' or 'obvious'. I've been in games where every time you cast a still, silent dominate person you'll flare with power and everyone can see it because it's dramatic and cool. I've also been in games where someone cast a still, silent, dominate person and other than the target, no one is even aware it happened.

I imagine this would be of most concern for Dread Necromancers and Beguilers, since they may not always want to advertise thier particular brand of magic. Though there might be times when I want to perform in front of an audience and change it into a Mass Suggestion or something partway through without anyone noticing. (All of this would be in the future of course, but if I'm going to make up songs/recitiations/battle chants about great wielders of magic... I want to know if I should only worry about the fireballs or the enchanter who was so good that he controlled an empire without anyone knowing, of course that was before one brave young girl resisted and broke the spell or somesuch nonsense)

Last edited by prometheous100; 12-02-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 703
Gavinfoxx Gavinfoxx Gavinfoxx Gavinfoxx Gavinfoxx Gavinfoxx Gavinfoxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkoth View Post
@gavinfoxx that looks like a combo of sorcerer with the ACF for focused wizard/conjuration tossed in. At this time, I am going to say no, just because I don't know it, and with little time before I choose squads, not much time to review it. I could change my mind later, after I have time to study it, but not now.
Well, the main reason is that it had a standardized spell list -- it's like a Beguiler, where as long as you know the spell list, you basically know what it can do.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
As a DM, I hate to see players die, and sadly, the first action of a DM here is to tell people that their PC concept didn't make it to the world. Sorry, your guy died. I wish I could take all of you but there were too many applicants.

However, give us a month to get going, and pop over... there's an ingame/in character posting area, where you can sit in the base camp, scrub potatoes, and lobby the squads to pick you for the next mission as replacements.

That said, my apologies to those I had to cut. Nothing personal, you had cool ideas, I just had to draw lines somewhere.

So, Squad 7:

Cidolfas
baileywulf
Aimo
Batfan
Emurian
Walter S (you really need a shorter name, I am NEVER going to secret text you with that one)
Spikehed
huaixin

Squad 3
Arcanejazz
outmind
prometheus
eddverk
mightycone
barleycorn
morzella
grifter (and since you allowed me to choose, you can play a shugenja, a spirit shaman, or an archer of some kind).

game thread and some world details are here.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Oriana 🌸 Oleander

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1363
ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz
It's really not fun telling people "You cant play my game with me," and its a shame that some people are gonna be let down. I had to tell 15 people they had to go away even though I would have had a great deal of fun playing with them.

Point is, congratulations people that made it, and condolences to those who did not. I hope to meet you all in a future game!
What are my options, when all my ambitions fail?
Old 12-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Terror With a Smile

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
rgrmrdth
Is what it is ... and yes we will meet in a future game. Gratz to all that made it.

The platoon sergeant calls for the platoon to assemble in the yard. They run out of the barracks at full speed - yet none seem to run into each other - full of anticipation. It seems to be organized chaos as they run with out a sound toward the yard. Just as all reach the yard, seeming to go to predetermined locations. The platoon sergeant, looking like he just walked out from between 2 hot irons - his clothing seems straight as boards. ATTENTION Every one snaps in a very sharp motion to attention - seems like a fluid motion as arms move to their sides and their legs pull together. As if on queue, all say WhoYaa!!!. To watch one could wonder or amaze themselves at the coordination.

Alright ladies we got ourselves a special mission and I need 8 volunteers!

Looking around Zarola steps forward Now wait there a moment. Have you not learned that to volunteer could mean we may die .... shhhhh, this could be our chance. Taking another and then another ... Zarola, are you sure we ... Zarola, don't even think about it!!!! There is no way you and your "buddies" are going to make it here. You "will" not endanger your fellow soldiers with speaking to yourself at the worst possible time!!! GET BACK IN LINE!!!

Looking around for a moment Zarola steps back --- See, I told you not to ... shhhh, you are always getting me in trouble

Last edited by rgrmrdth; 12-03-2011 at 12:06 AM. Reason: I swear I previewed and yet minor errors
Old 12-03-2011, 12:22 AM
The con is on...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 513
grifter grifter grifter grifter grifter grifter
Okay. I've never been a Spirit Shaman before. And, as Mae West put it so well, "When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one Ive never tried before." So, there you have it.

I'll try to have something up for your amusement before the end of the night.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:26 AM
Chibi Commandant Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1328
HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin
Wow, first time my app's been accepted thank you! You won't be disappointed!
Old 12-03-2011, 05:35 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1386
Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind
Hurray, i got in! But with which character?
Old 12-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
@outmind: your barbarian
@huaixin: i like to give wyrmlings a chance in my games too. I was once a newbie, i want to spread the karma.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
MrSmit
This will be a great way to try some new characters. I'm thinking of an elf fighter who wants to be a duelists (prestige class). What lvl am I going to be and what are your rules for character creation?
Old 12-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1386
Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmit View Post
This will be a great way to try some new characters. I'm thinking of an elf fighter who wants to be a duelists (prestige class). What lvl am I going to be and what are your rules for character creation?
Please direct your attention seven posts above you.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:23 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
MrSmit
ok I'll just create him to wait for games if that's ok
Old 12-06-2011, 01:46 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21
MrDylers
Hello, I'm wondering if your still accepting players. If so could I join? I'm thinking about playing as an elf monk because I love monks, eventhough whenever I play one they usually die before they really good.