Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13502
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
The Hells Ascendant

Game NameThe Hells Ascendant
Game SystemPathfinder
ThemeWhat is the nature of good and evil?
FlavourAnti-heroes doing good things
Plot Summary
The world is made up of three realms the Heavens above, the Mortal world, and The Hells. For eons untold the Heavans and the Hells warred with one another with the Mortal World taking much of the brunt until the final War of Decimation. In the War of Decimation fully one tenth of Angels and Demons lost their lives and a tentative peace finally broke out.

It has been more than ten millennia since The War of Decimation the fragile truce continues despite varying raids and the like, but there is a fragment within the Heavens that seeks to rekindle the war. Followers of an Angelic Deity know as The Lord of Light who feel that the war should have never ended. An angel finds out about these plans, her wings are severed and she is tossed into The Hells with the assumption that her knowledge of the secret cabal and their plans will be ended either by the fall itself or by the evil Hellspawn.

You are residents of a small town near the Fungal Abyss known as Mushroom Town. The Skies above you are a deep red with the sun barely peaking through ash filled and sooty skies. The land is hard to work and little grows in it. Creatures from the Fungal Abyss and the rest of the Hells are often on the roads. Despite this within The Kingdom of Etienne things are actually better than many other realms. The bandits are generally fewer and they sometimes they won't split you open and sell your organs. Few of you remember the War of Decimation other than through parents or grandparents and each of you knows the others from living for some period of time in town. You are friends and allies of the local alchemist and well known healer Seikarath and it is through her and her new patient that you will become involved in the story.

-About the Kingdom -
The Kingdom of Etienne is ruled by Queen Etienne seventh bearer of the Mantle of Desire and head of the Cult of Etienne. Her power is such that anyone within sight of her finds it difficult to concentrate on anything except her words. Her beauty literally radiates from her skin in a soft hazy pink aura and it is said that nothing, not a Mortal God, or an Archangel can resist her if she wishes.

Etienne is, for a place in Hell, a peaceful land. It has various accords with the nearest Demonic Realms of Shadows (Ruled over by Queen Ssarissa bearer of the Mantle of Darkness) and Gorheim (Ruled over by King Gorshalt bearer of the Mantle of Death) those who break the laws finding themselves brought to the Spire of Repentance. The Spire of Repentance is run by the Cult of Etalienne and those who enter usually end up vastly changed with no known magic (including a wish or miracle) able to revert them to how they were before entry. It is one of the most peaceful and least hostile realms in the Hells and trades with the mortal realm of Dinnaria (Ruled over by Queen Arjana bearer of the Mantle of Farming) just outside of the Hell Mount.

The population of Etienne is thus: 1% Angel, 2% Angel/Demon, 30% Devils, 30% Demons, 10% Dragon, 5% Dragon kin, 20% Demon/Devil kin, 2% Various humanoid races

- DM Style and Changes -
I am somewhat changing my style for this game. I will still be giving characters hints and clues and the like and allowing them full freedom of exploration, but I will also be providing an NPC who has knowledge of the quest and can give a bit of direction. This will allow characters to still go their own direction, but if things are lagging or I feel I need to pull the story along the NPC will be there to help with that. I'm trying this instead of full free form style in the hope that it will provide a smoother gaming experience for everyone.

All of my combat is generally mind's eye theatre there are no maps and exact hexes where the enemies stand. I find making such maps difficult and I find updating them online to be even more tedious. There is no role for initiative the players will act first (Unless surprised) and then the NPC's will act.

I will be providing a page of general information about the world. It will include some of the bearers of the Mantles of Power as well as a map of the Hells and the Mortal World.

- Expectations of Players -
- I expect my players to post about 2 to three times per week with exceptions made for rea life.
- I expect my players to roleplay their characters and provide at least a short paragraph (two to three sentences)
- I expect my players to do their best to get along and find ways to ensure their characters engage with the group as well as my NPC's

-Character Creation-
So your characters will be EL14 staring out and you should think more about creating a demon with class levels, an angel swayed by the cult of Etienne, or a mixed demonic or devil bloodline character. I will, of course, accept humanoids, but in the case of Etienne you are in the minority since most mortal souls are part devil or demon by this level or have passed through their torments and been reborn in the mortal plane.

Name:
Class: *See Spoiler about Antipaladins, Clerics, Druids, Favored Souls, Inquisitors, Occultists, Oracles, Paladins, Shamans, Spiratualists, Witches, and WarpriestsDivine Casters if you want to be one
Description:
Short Bio:
How you know Seikarath and why she would trust you to help her:
Alignment: I don't want to see it see Spoiler below*

Last edited by Ysolde; 01-24-2020 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:18 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
Reserved for answers to questions and application list.

- Submission Deadline: February 14th

- ECL = CR = HD: The ECL is 14 or 14 HD, however that said some creatures are slightly weaker or stronger than might be suggested by their CR and the DM may ask you to modify a character based on this. See also http://legacy.aonprd.com/bestiary/monstersAsPCs.html

- Characters: You can play demon or fallen angel or even actual angel, you can also play a humanoid with a demon/devil, a humanoid whose gained that bloodline from living in hell, or just a humanoid sent to hell and living there still.

- Demonic and Devil Bloodlines: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...ngs/templates/

- Alignment: Angels, Demons, what have you are not bound to their alignment

- Stats: The stats for the creatures are somewhat malleable if you want to bother doing the math. Basically figure out how much total point buy the stats would cost and you can modify them by 15 points.

- Resources: All Pathfinder, third party material is acceptable as long as it is not game breaking (DM has final say on what is game breaking)

- House Rules: Mind’s Eye combat PC’s go first, 15 Modifiable points for any creature from the bestiary

- Templates: Feel free to use them

- Point buy: Generally, you can calculate a monster's Ability modifiers by substracting 10 from even numbers and 11 from odd numbers. A monster whose stats are listed:

Str: 15 Dex: 12 Con: 13 Int: 14 Wis: 18 Cha 23

would have the following ability modifiers:

Str: +4, Dex +2, Con +2, Int +4, Wis +8, Cha +12.

With a 15 point buy, you would spend your points as normal starting from 10 to every stat and then add the racial ability modifiers as calculated above.

- Traits: I will allow 2 traits or 3 with 1 drawback

- Background Skills: You may have 2

- Hit Points: Max first level and then either average +1 or rolled thereafter (Don't roll here...)

Player Name Character Name Race Class Complete?
JennyGreenteeth Keltesh Erinyes Spiritualist Yes
JasonTheSwift Ulryrrog, the Flame Magma Dragon Monk 6 Yes
Vaerdis Succubus Bennunessa Sphere Oracle 1/ Champion Bard 11 Yes
CatCanCook Metanoia Balisse Angel Monk (Scaled Fist) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 Yes
RacesWild Mazrikiel Monadic Deva Cavalier WIP
Kerchunk Murdus the Blacksmith Efreeti Noble Fighter Yes
Seekr34 Cemeron Cambrion Slayer Yes
LeoByron Kyle Kincade Kyton Shadow Boxer Unchained Monk 1 / Sphere Summoner 1 / Incanter 13 Yes
Elanir Thoriel of the Broken Blade Movanic Deva Oracle of Life Yes
Cristal08Darkmoon Thana Nyx Hellfire Tiefling Sorceror WIP
Silent Rain Thrask Denizen of Leng Fighter (Eldritch Guardian) 2 / Arcanist 6 Yes
Dirkoth Tanzi Nevega Blodeuwedd Menhir Savant Yes
Kshnik Aedan Villin Rummage Half Fiend (1) Bramble (1) Spriggan 3 Greenrunner Hunter 12; Mid-caster Yes
Rylus Felix Of the Steel Half-Balor Forgeborn Warder 12 Yes

Last edited by Ysolde; 02-02-2020 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2732
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Hello, haven't seen you in awhile. One question, what is EL? Starting level?

Also, to get this straight, we can play a demon or a fallen angel, humanoid (from Player race only?) or a humanoid with demon or devil bloodline.

Last edited by Seekr34; 01-23-2020 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:44 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7215
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Questions:
  1. How many players are you looking for?
  2. What is the breakdown of ECL to CL? Is HD=CL?
  3. Are angels, demons and devils no longer bound to their alignment?
  4. What resources are we using in-game, all pathfinder material? Any house rules? Third party material allowed?
  5. Are the stats malleable for non-humanoid characters? I.e. when creating a succubus character, do I lift the monster entry and place class levels onto it?
  6. Templates allowed?

Last edited by Vaerdis; 01-24-2020 at 03:41 AM.
Old 01-23-2020, 06:06 PM
...go on.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 997
Keante Keante Keante Keante Keante Keante Keante Keante
I'm curious, but don't understand how to actually build a character for this game. The answers to Vaerdis' questions would explain a lot.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:27 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 430
Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth
I'm definitely interested in this game. I should let you know in advance that I'm already familiar with the setting.
Old 01-23-2020, 08:42 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20817
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Posting interest.

You mentioned Demons as a possible playable race. Is this limited to Demons only or could the chosen race be a Devil? Do you have specific limits in mind beyond mere Effective Level? By this I mean allowed materials. Are you referencing the 3.5 Effective character level or CR when you speak of Effective Level or perhaps merely total Hit Dice?

What, exactly, is meant by "Demon or Devil bloodline?"

Please and thank you!

Last edited by LeoByron; 01-25-2020 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:33 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth
Name: Arikel
right-aligned image

Racial Makeup: Erinyes
Class: Spiritualist (Fractured Mind; Phantom Blade)

Description: Arikel is a beautiful woman with pale skin and shoulder length black hair kept in dozens of braids. Her deep black feathered wings immediately betray her inhuman heritage. Arikel's expression is open and relaxed, her smile is pleasant and often on her face. She usually dresses in finely made clothing, designed both for comfort and beauty.

Short Bio: Arikel does not speak of her life before the Spire or what brought her there, the Spire of Repentance is where she was reborn and everything before then was another life, one that should be forgotten.
In the centuries since she left the Spire, Arikel has wandered the land, never settling anywhere for more than a decade or two at a time. She has spent the last eighteen years living at Mushroom Town, working as a Brewer, but as much as she loves many of the people there, it's starting to feel like time to move on.
Arikel has often visited Seikarath, trading ingredients, talking shop and flirting outrageously, and sometimes to bring people she has rescued from delving too deeply into the Fungal Abyss for healing.

Secret Bio:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Erinyes.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	82999  

Last edited by Jenny Greenteeth; 02-10-2020 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Finishing Bio
Old 01-23-2020, 10:22 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25990
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Nice to see you dming Ysolde, have fun!
Old 01-23-2020, 10:50 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1398
RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild
Interested.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:25 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
By the way, are these the rules you'll be using for Monster Races?
http://legacy.aonprd.com/bestiary/monstersAsPCs.html
Old 01-24-2020, 03:21 AM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2349
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
App
Name: Ulryrrog, the Flame
Race: Magma Dragon, Young
Class: Monk 6
Description:

Biography:

Last edited by Jasontheswift; 02-05-2020 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-24-2020, 02:54 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
Answers above and right here.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Quote:
Hello, haven't seen you in awhile. One question, what is EL? Starting level?

Also, to get this straight, we can play a demon or a fallen angel, humanoid (from Player race only?) or a humanoid with demon or devil bloodline.
Hi there nice to see you again. It is EL 14, CR14, 14HD with minor alterations based on the Monster's as PC's guide. You can indeed play all those things.

Quote:
1. How many players are you looking for?
2. What is the breakdown of ECL to CL? Is HD=CL?
3. Are angels, demons and devils no longer bound to their alignment?
4. What resources are we using in-game, all pathfinder material? Any house rules? Third party material allowed?
5. Are the stats malleable for non-humanoid characters? I.e. when creating a succubus character, do I lift the monster entry and place class levels onto it?
6. Templates allowed?
1. 3 minimum 8 max
2. Pathfinder uses CR and that's what I'm using CR 14 = HD 14 = ECL 14 minor adjustments will be made for overly powerful or under powered creatures
3. They are not, very much not in some cases of Angels
4. All pathfinder, 15 point buy modification, mind's eye theatre
5. They are by a total of 15 point buy points you'll have to figure the math out though since each creatures stats are going to be a different total point buy value
6. Yes

Quote:
I'm definitely interested in this game. I should let you know in advance that I'm already familiar with the setting.
It is a mixture of a certain book series with a different book series, but I don't mind if you know the original stories and who the NPC's are based on.

Quote:
You mentioned Demons as a possible playable race. Is this limited to Demons only or could the chosen race be a Devil? Do you have specific limits in mind beyond mere Effective Level? By this I mean allowed materials. Are you referencing the 3.5 Effective character level or CR when you speak of Effective Level or perhaps merely total Hit Dice?

What, exactly, is meant by "Demon or Devil bloodline?"
Demons, Devils, other outsiders, if it is sentient and under CR14 feel free to try it. Limits are simply based on the Monsters as PCs rules and CR 14. See answers above.

Quote:
By the way, are these the rules you'll be using for Monster Races?
http://legacy.aonprd.com/bestiary/monstersAsPCs.html
Yes, although in some cases I may need to modify them depending on just how powerful the creature is. In some cases you'll need more of a boost and in some less.

Last edited by Ysolde; 01-24-2020 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2732
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
seen Jason picking to play a dragon. I thought only demons, angels, humanoids, and humanoids with demon/devil bloodline were only allowed to be played? I guess I read it wrong?
Old 01-24-2020, 04:29 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7215
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Application
right-aligned image
'Nessa, in half-elf form
Name: Bennunessa (Typically called 'Nessa)
Racial Makeup: SublimeThough I don't know if this is overpowered. Makes her able to take an impressive beating with high charisma. Feel free to deny this template.* Succubus
Class: Sphere Oracle 1/Champion Bard 11
Traits: Nimble Fingers, Keen Mind and Indomitable Faith

Description:
Standing at a good six foot, and one inch tall, Bennunessa, is an alabaster-skinned and silver-haired model of a succubus. Her eyes are red, and her lips are a pale-pinkish color and often wear a gentle smile. Like any vain creature, her skin and other features are well-cared for, and save for a beauty mark off to the side of her left eye, her flesh is without scar or blemish. Her body is well-balanced, with a thinness of her waist, but a decently pronounced hip and bust. Her hair is lacking much styling, but is grown long enough to cover much of her back, and is sleek enough to stick to her form as if dampened. Her more commonly-seen, demonic appearance, betrays a pair of reddish bat-like wings that sprout from near the base of her spine, and is joined by a spade-tipped tail. Her black horns stick out from the top of her head and curl back inwards, much like a goat's horns, these horns are polished to a reflective degree. On her hands and feet, her nails, almost as black as her other prominent, demonic features, are elongated, pointed, but decorated, as if made to look pretty rather than to be weapons.

Due to the climate of the place she inhabits, Bennunessa dresses in much more cloth than her average sister. She wears tall-cuffed boots of what appears to be un-dyed sued leather, a pair of tight-fitting white trousers, with colorful, pink silken loincloth in the front and rear that drapes down to the knees. About her waist, her wings are oft folded about her hips to look like a skirt of sorts, and accompanying such an impromptu skirt, is a black leather belt, decorated with many silver, cat-shaped studs. About her torso, is a thin, white cotton shirt that tightly holds her bosom, but is otherwise entirely covered by a black-dyed, suede leather with a fur-lined collar and hood. On her wrists, she wears black leather bracers with small silver bells stitched in a checkerboard pattern.
Personality:
A succubus, is a naturally a lascivious, and beautiful soul, and Bennunessa is no exception to this rule. Though the difference between her, and most of her kin, is her lack of manipulative edge. While she is no poor liar by any means, she simply does not lie with the intent to plot or cheat someone of goods, mainly for manipulative intent reminds Bennunessa of her mother. She is, despite the literal hellscape she is born in, a cheerful, and positively-minded person, for whatever situation she is in, she can find a silver lining in it. For example, when she was captured by bandits long ago, she found it to be an opportunity to help out their appetite for a beautiful woman, which she was more than willing to provide in exchange for draining with her kisses.

Like many, many others, Bennunessa is attracted to Queen Etienne and uses her as a muse for her music and a goal to achieve. Thus she finds it difficult to leave the realm, despite the great competition for the Queen's affections. Bennunessa likes music, art and other expressions of senses and sins. While hatred is not a part of her vocabulary, Bennunessa strongly dislikes mindless violence, undead and betrayal. She only slightly dislikes vermin such as spiders and flies, and the sensation of cold.
Short Bio:

Last edited by Vaerdis; 02-05-2020 at 03:30 PM.