RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-30-2020, 03:17 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7301
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
I would not imagine that the feat tax is as excessive of a change to the system as moving over to 2e. After all, the 2e changes the system by the ground up rather than merging similar feats and making finesse baseline.
Old 01-30-2020, 04:10 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2956
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
You know getting to describe a half-fiend forgeborn is really fun
Old 01-30-2020, 04:50 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 680
AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV
I am unsure how the CR into Class Level thing works even though I have read up.

Would a Pallid Angel CR12 get 4 Class Levels?
Old 01-30-2020, 05:02 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20817
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Pallid Angel, at CR 12, can add 2 Class levels to reach CR14. You can then convert up to 12 of its racial HD to class levels as per Ysolde's ruling.

Total 14 Class Levels for EL 14 Pallid Angel. No racial HD remain.

- Lord Byron
Old 01-30-2020, 05:48 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Eleishar
Well, maybe I'll try my luck. I have some idea for a race +templates, and my character name will probably be Paradox (because of many contradicting features).
Old 01-31-2020, 01:17 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2932
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
I have the pathfinder 2e, read it and I didn't care for it. Perhaps later one I might get into it, but not right now.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:50 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Character Bio

left-aligned image

Name: Epinoia the Sorrowful
Race: Pallid Angel
Class: Eldritch Scion Magus

TBC

TBC

Last edited by AegorIV; 01-31-2020 at 06:53 AM.
Old 01-31-2020, 11:22 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2932
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
wow! awesome pic!
Old 01-31-2020, 11:46 AM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
That's an impressive app format...

- Lord Byron
Old 01-31-2020, 07:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3811
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
App
Character:
The Gardener

right-aligned image

Name: Aedan Villin Rummage
Traits: Battlefield surgeon, Pocket Space
Racial Makeup: Half Fiend (1) Bramble (1) Spriggan 3
Class: Greenrunner Hunter 12; Mid-caster
Class Bonus Spheres (Talents): Beastmastery (Handle Animal, Animal Companion, Animal Empathy)
Feats: Healing Hands, Boon Companion, Planar Focus, Signature Skills (Heal), Extra Talent (Life), Extra Talent (Boxing), Monkey Style
Casting Spheres (Talents): Alteration (Bestial Reflexes), Warp (Distant), Weather, Enhancement (Natural), Light (Bound Light, Encompassing Light), Protection (Community)
Combat Spheres (Talents): Scout Sphere (Heightened Awareness, Lurker), Athletic Sphere (Mobility, Swift Movement, Tumbling Recovery), Barrage Sphere (Mobile Focus)
Drawbacks: Limited Protection (Aegis), Lycanthropic, Bodily Enhancement (Natural), Personal Warp (Distant)
Roles: Scout (Stealth, Track, Find Traps | Range Damage), Backup Healer, Backup Tank, A bit of a Battlefield Controller

See Aedan sheet for more details. Villin sheet offshoot of Aedan

Concept:
descriptionWhether in his small or large form, Aedan Villin, has the same wild look. His short torso is overshadowed by elongated limbs with oversized hands and feet whose digits end in claws. Bat-like wings flutter out from his back providing him some flight ability. His thin and bony body is covered by veins that appear as a tangle reddish vines on top of yellow bark-like skin. Three knob-like horns poke out on his forehead and long pointy ears peak out of briar-ish hair. His beard and mustache also consist of the same reddish brown shrubbery hair. Large feral yellow eyes rest under thick spiny brows are separated by a large bulbous nose.

”Short Bio” Rape, an ordinary event, combined with the multitude of different races, produces all types of mix blood offspring. Aedan Villin is one of the many. His childhood was one of violence and bloodshed; another common occurrence. He was never alone as Aedan had Villin and Villin had Aedan.

He is Villin while in his smaller form; in which he enjoyed sneaking around and spying. This is where Aedan Villin learned a variety of skills and gained vital information of people and places. He, in his larger form, as Aedan, had the strength and health when a physical touch was needed. This is how Aedan Villin gain the experience, skills and knowledge to fight and kill.

Other talents came to him on their own, each having to do with some aspect of the natural world. One such capability allowed him to form a bond with another creature. A beast. At the moment, this beast is a large feline, with a club like tail, Aedan Villin calls Burr.

”Seikarath” Aedan Villin has used his gifts to build relationships. Through these contacts he met Seikarath. Seikarath upon meeting him hired Aedan Villin to use his rare abilities to find/procure rare components for her alchemist studies. In return she had placed him under her protection and had begun to teach him the basic knowledge of alchemy. Later, as she got more familiar with his skill sets, she hired him full time as her gardener and he takes care of her plants above and below. Aedan Villin will protect Seikarath, not at the risk of their own life but more so then anything else outside of Burr.

Aedan Villin lives in a small shack within sight of Seikaraths home just on the outer edges of her garden. The inside of the shack has a hammock for a bed, a small wood stove and a few chairs with a banged up table. It also houses a small forge as part of the fireplace, two well kept tables contain a variety of tools and materials for alchemy and leather working. Off to the side sits a workbench full of carpentry and mason tools in disarray. A small rug in the far corner lays on top of a dirt floor. This rug covers a secret. Underneath, after adjusting his claws to match a badger, burrowed himself out another home. The entrance was small, barely allowing Villin to enter. The entrance leads to a tunnel which empties into a cave tall enough for Aedan to easily stand fully erect. This cave environment is much different than the land above; but still requires constant upkeep by Aedan Villin. The cave comprises of three thin circular moats separated by rings of land with a small island in the center. The grounds are covered by a multitude of different plants, herbs and mushrooms which are fed by a constant daylight spell attached to the dome ceiling. Aedan Villin constantly tends to the greenery. He also uses his ability to alter the weather to create a mist within the cave to provide the much needed moisture. Villin has clawed out multiple small passages that lead upwards each stops short of the surface into a dead end except for one. This one leads to Seikaraths home. Each of these passages can be used as an escape route if the individual could burrow out the last part.

Animal Companion:
right-aligned image

Name: Burr
Racial Makeup: Fiendish Digmaul
Class: Martial Beast (Animal Companion Archetype) 14
Feats: Combat Reflexes, Deft Maneuvers, Armor Proficiency - Light, Improved Natural Attack (Claws), Brute Sphere (Hammer, Drop)
Combat Spheres (Talents): Scout Sphere (Lurker), Brute Sphere (Follow-Through, Unstoppable)
Tricks (Handle Animal): Attack, Guard, Seek, Heel, Withdraw and Flank
Tricks (Skirmisher): Bolster Companion, Hobbling Attack, Rattling Strike, Uncanny Senses, Vengeance Strike
Roles: Tank, Battlefield Control

Last edited by Kshnik; 02-11-2020 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-31-2020, 07:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3811
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
I still have a bit to review. Need to double (Triple) check work. Once done I can start the fun part of description, background and bio.
Old 01-31-2020, 07:55 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoByron View Post
That's an impressive app format...

Indeed i must thank you for the formatting
Old 02-01-2020, 04:03 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2956
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
I have added my characters background, i think that completes him. barring any minor tweaks. Feedback would be very much appreciated

I also noticed that i am not on the applicants list....

Last edited by Rylus; 02-01-2020 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-01-2020, 05:35 PM
Season starts THIS week

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 66504
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylus View Post
I also noticed that i am not on the applicants list....
When your check clears...

At least, that's what I have to do to get on applicant lists. That's standard for everyone, right? It's not just me???
Old 02-01-2020, 06:08 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
I pay my dues on my knees...

You know...

Begging.

- Lord Byron