RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-04-2020, 08:35 PM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 61022
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wumbology Major View Post
Is there any room left here?
There's always room for Jello.

Old 02-04-2020, 11:25 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9222
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Interested in playing an Iophanite angel aegis and got a couple questions. Their cr is one lower than their hd so do I go off cr or hd? Second question would my aegis abilities apply when in shield form since mental functions still happen or no? Mainly ask because a +1 spiked shield at level 14 isnt particularly helpful but a +1 spiked shield that gives you permanent enlarge or flight may give some occasion where being the shield form would be worth it. Also curious with nontraditional physiologies like with an Iophanite being a literal disk of metal would it be able to be enchanted like a shield?

Name: Avitel
Racial Makeup: Pure Iophanite angel
Class: Unchained Rogue 3/Aegis to fill.
Description: Five feet in diameter, approximately six inches thick, and made out of what appears to be mirrored silver Avitel is a curious Iophanite in that it actively suppresses its light through its day to day existence and over time its light has changed from the yellowish orange of a candle to a soft purple. Avitel is uncertain if the change is due to its own change in personality or the time it has spent in hell.

Short Bio: Birthed in the fires of the War of Decimation Avitel was not trained as a messenger like so many of its kin but rather as a blade to shred the heart of their foes. Avitel was in the front lines acting as a shield for its kin and, if they lost, it was taken to the camps of the armies of hell and when it's time was up it would return to it's natural form and remove key targets or kill as many demons and devils as it could before soaring off and returning to the camps.

The Iophanite assassins had the most dangerous job in the war. They could be broken in the fighting itself, they where often killed in their assaults, but both of those were blessings compared to what happened when an Abrikandilu demon found them. The Breaker Demons would shatter them again and again as the Iophanite retained its mirrored finish no matter how broken it became. When an Iophanite was broken into slivers an Abrikandilu would begin devouring the shards screaming not in agony from the shards of angel burning them from the inside out and killing them but rather from their hatred of themselves. The demons would wail about how they were unworthy of existence and how their visage was an abomination and all the assassins could do was sit in their shield form and listen to the demons cries as they ravaged the corpses of their fellows which made the Iophanites all the more ferocious in their future assaults.

Not long before the end of the war Avitel went to its commander and quit. The commander in question, an angel that would later come to be known as The Lord of Light, did not take the retirement well and if it weren't for Avitel's speed it would have been turned to ash. Avitel fled to the hells and for what felt like eternity it simply tried to stop existing, spending centuries in its shield form letting whatever happened to it be left up to fate.

Having no mouth with which to get drunk, no blood to suffuse with drugs, and with no physiology to let it get lost in the flesh of a lover finally Avitel went to The Spire of Repentence when its self loathing grew too great to bare. It's time in The Spire was transformative but perhaps not in the way one would expect, The Spire made Avitel confront the root of its self-destructive desires and when it left it did so with a smile in its soul as it strove to act as an aegis and not a dagger. It took up residence in Mushroom Town and has been a guardian of the town's residence ever since.

How you know Seikarath and why she would trust you to help her: Avitel met Seikarath when it came to Mushroom Town and the two have been close ever since. Avitel has acted as guardian angel, both literally and metaphorically, to the alchemist and many others in it's time within the town but its greatest contribution to Seikarath has been in its ability to gather ingredients for her. Where environmental hazards would make passage impossible for others Avitel's lack of flesh allows it to go through without suffering any ill effects and its psionic coating has made it difficult to harm even when facing accomplished killers.

[Fieldset=Avitel's thoughts on others][spoiletbutton=Keltesh]"Sweet girl that Keltesh. She doesnt have a mean bone in her body as far as I can tell but I cant say if that's from her time in The Spire or if she was always this way but I am the last being in the universe that has a right to judge someone on their past. Her soul seems too young to have been from the great war but I cant help but wonder if she went to The Spire to forget that time like I did."[/spoiletbutton]

Last edited by MundayKnight; 02-06-2020 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-05-2020, 12:19 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2444
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Hey MundayKnight, been awhile. The way we are doing it, is using CR. So if your pc is say...a CR10, then you would add 4 levels of another class.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:58 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Wumbology Major Wumbology Major
Are there other races of outsiders as well, such as azatas and inevitables and the like? I have an inkling to play a ghaele
Old 02-05-2020, 12:33 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9222
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Coolio.
Old 02-05-2020, 03:08 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13068
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wumbology Major View Post
Is there any room left here?
Anyone is welcome to make my job picking players harder.

Last edited by Ysolde; 02-05-2020 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-05-2020, 03:27 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20175
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
@Mundayknight: Ysolde also approved swapping Racial HD for Class levels, but if you do, you do not get extra free class levels from progression to compensate for inferior racial hd as per Monsters as PCs

Your Iophanite Angel, as a CR 4 with 5 Racial HD, could end up with 14 class levels and 1 Racial HD left.
Old 02-05-2020, 04:33 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6800
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
I have added a section about how 'Nessa knows the local alchemist. Without knowing much of the personality or character, I don't know how much detail I should go into. Otherwise, awaiting review, unless I am missing something else on my application. I was saving attaching a character sheet until after peoples are chosen.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2444
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Never played a monster type before and it should be cool!
Old 02-05-2020, 06:10 PM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
so, what does a racial hit die do for a PC?

Like, Munday's.... it has one racial HD left. What does that do for the build?
Old 02-05-2020, 06:21 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Dirk View Post
so, what does a racial hit die do for a PC?

Like, Munday's.... it has one racial HD left. What does that do for the build?
More hit points (D10), more skills (6+Int), an extra feat for having 15 HD rather than 14, +1 Base Attack, +2 to 2 saves as a starting point which should boost overall saves nicely, (usually Reflex and Will).

It is fairly valuable I think.
Old 02-05-2020, 06:29 PM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
So, if I get into the game, you are on retainer, right Leo?
Old 02-05-2020, 06:37 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
If I make it in too, sure... lol
Old 02-05-2020, 08:00 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2175
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
@Ysolde,

I have made changes and will be cleaning up the app over today and tomorrow.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 500
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
I'm revising my application based on CR calculation.

The rules here: http://legacy.aonprd.com/bestiary/monstersAsPCs.html - give character level = CR, and give a "rebate" of 1 class level, per 3 monster CR. So the character would be due some additional class levels.