DnD5e Rogue Roulette (An Eberron Mini-Adventure) - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-27-2020, 04:09 AM
Rusty Wordsmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1026
BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord
@TheRatQueen: Have you played in Eberron? It's a different flavor.

@Clawsome: Works for me! Eberron is it's own beast.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:56 AM
In partial shambles.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9585
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
@BinnFord - Since I had to Google what Eberron was, I'm gonna say "nope"...lol.

On the plus side, I just discovered how many different 5e worlds there actually are...wow. Awesome, looks like I'll be a newbie after all!
Old 01-27-2020, 05:35 AM
Rusty Wordsmith

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah, the whole D&D universe is pretty expansive! It's a bit overwhelming, sometimes. I really love Eberron, though. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:24 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1681
Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager
I'm not going to apply. I'm experienced in all the things listed, though my eberron game folded, sadly. Mind if I read along?
Old 01-27-2020, 09:25 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 602
InfamousDasher InfamousDasher InfamousDasher InfamousDasher InfamousDasher InfamousDasher
Lucca Character Details
Name: Lucca "Ringo" Wix
Race: Shifter (swiftfoot-Lemur)
Subclass: Inquisitive
Birthplace/Country of Origin: Sharn (Dura)
Background: Guild Artisan (Tinkerer)
Starting Alignment: Neutral Good

Appearance:
Aside from the grease stains she’s obtained working with her father in their shop, Lucca usually sports ragged overalls accessorised with the occasional screwdriver or wrench hidden in the deep pockets. Under that she usually prefers either an ill-fitting smock or tight bandages around her chest. Her frizzy charcoal colored hair is always styled into either a pony-tail or pigtails that are untamed, a screwdriver commonly stashed there only to be lost to the jungle of frizz. Scattered about her thin arms are scars of various sizes from her job as a mechanic, one or two from her childhood in the Clifftop district. Being a shifter, Lucca has oversized yellow eyes and slightly pointed ears that end in small tufts of light gray fur. Her nose is a bit flat, taking on more of the appearance of a lemur’s. Her fingers are fairly long, a dark gray gradient that starts at her knuckles and comes to a point with small claws. If it wasn’t obvious enough that she was a shifter, she normally likes to sport a fluffy tail 5ft in length with perfectly spaced black and white stripes.

Traits
Personality Quirks: I have a tendency to forget things...and I might be a bit bull-headed when I want to do something.
Bond: Family- We are a clan, clans stick together. I love my family and want to make them proud.
Annoyance/Intrigue- V1D10 is a fascinating creature, but just so critical of everything I do and everything around them. I don't understand if I messed something up when I was repairing them, or if this is how they were back before the Day of Mourning.
Flaws:
Untidy- I can never find any of my tools. I swear I put them away, but then they aren't there. Sure....my part of the shop is a mess, and so is my room, but that doesn't mean anything.
Hardheaded- I have a tendency to be a bit stubborn when it comes to something I want to do or have done.
Forgetful- Most of the time I can't remember what I had for breakfast...or if I even ate. Please don't tell me anything important, I'll never remember.
Ideals: I want to know my mother better and take care of my father. The best way to do that is through my work with The Last Resort

By no means a girly-girl, Lucca has always tended to lean towards being more boyish. She can be headstrong and impulsive most of the time, getting herself into trouble on multiple accounts as she was growing up. Lucca is a forgetful creature, more often than not she will misplace her tools or forget important bits of information. She will own up to her faults and tries to do better, it just never seems to work.

BackstoryOnce upon a time there was a mechanic, Martin, under the employ of Merrix d’Cannith and a rogue, Giselle, employed with The Last Resort. The mechanic had a decent job, the pay was fair, but he stepped down from the Cannith House to support his new wife by opening a shop. His wife, Giselle, did not approve of the changes immediately but came to understand why he made such a big decision. She was pregnant with their first child, and he wanted to keep the family together without risking her position within the guild. Eventually they lost their middle class status and moved into the Clifftops District in Dura and did what they could to make the best of life. A few months later, Lucca was born and they couldn’t have been happier. Martin had managed to establish his shop, The Rusted Bolt, and Giselle was able to return to The Last Resort to help with some minor jobs until she fully recovered from childbirth. It was just before Lucca’s first birthday that tragedy struck the Wix household, Giselle was sent on a mission that she didn’t return from. Martin didn’t know what to do after that. He struggled with his grief but eventually overcame it and pursued his shop in memory of his late wife, still wanting to support the guild.

When Lucca was old enough, the young lemur shifter would run around the streets with a handful of other roughians, getting into fights or pocketing random “treasures”. Martin felt that Lucca was acting out because she was bored with her new surroundings, and decided that maybe she would enjoy working with him in the shop, possibly just cleaning up or helping with tools. Much to his surprise, she took right to it! Lucca was quick to learn what each of the tools were and what they were used for. She was even able to help with simple repairs. Martin was so proud as the young girl grew up and showed interest in working on more complex things.

During her time in the shop guild members would talk to Lucca eagerly, telling her stories about her mother and some of the missions she would be sent on. Through these precious moments with the guild members, Lucca was inspired. She wanted to join the guild and be like her mother. Panicked that Lucca was showing so much interest in the guild, Martin told her that he didn’t want her to join out of fear of what happened to Giselle. He didn’t want it happening to his little girl too.

Years rolled by and the shifter joined her father as a partner at The Rusted Bolt, and despite Martin's wishes she joined The Last Resort as well. Lucca had seen the shop start to go under as some jobs had to be put on hold due to lack of funds. The Rusted Bolt was her father’s dream and she didn’t want him to lose it. This was also a way for her to be involved with something that her mother cared so much about. As much as Martin hated it, her odd jobs within the guild helped them stay afloat, and if anything made them prosper even more.

A retrieval expedition to Crye was announced for the guild and Lucca was immediately on board. There was a decent amount of coin offered, but also a good chance for her father to gather material that he needed around the shop. She managed to convince him to go with her since the expedition wasn’t supposed to be too dangerous so he could get what he needed.

The mission went smoothly. They were able to retrieve what the assignment was for, but also found a decently intact warforged among the rubble in Crye. As soon as they arrived back in Dura, Martin and Lucca set in on repairing the poor creature. It didn’t take long before the pair were able to get the warforged back online. What they got, however, was not what they were expecting. V1D10-601345 was nothing short of a haughty nobleman, clearly disapproving of his new surroundings. Lucca couldn’t fault him for the initial disappointment, seeing as he had been offline when his home was destroyed. Waking up to a messy garage is less than appealing, sure, but the disapproval continued beyond that.

Last edited by InfamousDasher; 02-03-2020 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:26 AM
Internet Abjurationist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3938
Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore
MOSTLY DONE: READY FOR DM ADVICE

PART ONE: Character Details
left-aligned image
Name: V1D10-601345 : Pronunciation: Say the word "video" but with the same syllabic inflection as the word "potato". Coincidentally, "Goleas" uses the same pattern.(Vidio Goleas)
Race: Warforged
Subclass: Arcane Trickster
Birthplace/Country of Origin: Cyre (Deactivated since The Day of Mourning)
Mechanical Background: Time Lost Nobility (Custom borrowing heavily from Noble/Courtier Backgrounds)
Starting Alignment: Neutral (?)

Physical Appearance: V1D10 is crafted from the finest metals and components (just ask them, they'll tell you) that glimmer and gleam like gemstones in an otherwise "drab" world. It's framework was deliberately designed to be on the smaller and lighter end (less is more, as they say) to be better suited for tasks both mundane and sinister. Vidio's golden plates must always be buffed and shining bright, and their attire neat and clean. Many less cultured warforged aren't inclined to wear clothing, baring their "parts" for all to see, but not this 601345 model - they know the squishy flesh races are inferior, but they have to look it, too. While free from the concept of gender, V1D10 does have a preference for masculine clothing of the most exquisite qualities.
PART TWO: Character Traits
Trait 1: Indulgent - Simple machines may struggle to enjoy life's decadent luxuries, but I know better - I'll have the finer things, thank you.
Trait 2: Immaculate - Dirt and grime are for the poor and insignificant. I'll be looking as flawless on the outside as I am on the inside.
Ideal: Heritage - While difficult for the fleshling's to wrap their soft little brains around, I am nobility. True, most of my kind are mere servants and fodder, but they didn't have the good fortune to be elevated by my family. Wherever they may be...
Bond: Indentured - I have begrudgingly found myself indebted - and by indebted I may mean "reprogrammed" - to an eccentric bestial woman named Lucca, who found me dilapidated while on an expedition into what is apparently now called "The Mournland" to harvest crafting materials and technology. How lucky she is to have found the greatest thing ever created: me.
Flaw: Narcissism - I'm sorry, 'flaws'? I'm afraid I don't understand the question. It's not my fault I was made perfect. Now if you'll excuse me, I was quite busy being better than you.

Personality
V1D10-601345 is what you get when you take all of the charm of a haughty aristocrat and give them the body of a mechanical cut-throat. A sense of entitlement to extravagant materialism matched only by their dizzying confidence, Vidio seeks fulfillment through lavish opulence. Refined clothing, valuable jewelry, even fine dining top the list of motivating forces behind the ostentatious construct. Bold peasants might point out that a warforged doesn't even NEED to eat - to which they would respond with something along the lines of "Of course I don't NEED to eat. I NEED to remind the common rabble of their place, and what better way than to consume a 5 star meal that serves no other purpose than to show my supremacy?" As likable as they surely seem by now, there are even more quality elements to the being that might not ever make it past the surface. Goleas does possess a semblance of honor, regarding those who assist (or flatter) them as having to have some intrinsic value, albeit mostly to their own interests. This has resulted in a "favor for a favor" type relationship with those who don't somehow immediately fall in love with them, and those that manage to stay on their good side might even be promoted from "savage bumpkin" to "tolerable acquaintance".

Since being rediscovered (and modified) by Lucca and her father, their personality has been what they would strongly consider a "work in progress", attempting to (and even sometimes successfully) re-calibrate their perception of their self and others. While the woman who found Vidio is awe strikingly different, she is determined to bring out all of the best in the time lost being - even if it is not entirely of his own will.
PART THREE: Character BackstoryTo understand just how V1D10 became such an unorthodox character is to know of the nobility that took them into their lives. Like many warforged at creation, 601345 was educated in lethal arts, making them a prime candidate for bodyguard duty. More uncommon however, was the addition of specialized equipment to replicate magical abilities through technology. If that wasn't strange enough, much of the focus was on functions that would provide entertainment when utilized as intended. Trained in their peculiar specialization, V1D10-601345 was sent off to Cyre to join their masters, the noble Yavelan family.

It was here the reasoning behind such specifications would be made clear: Vidio was meant to both provide protection AND amusement (by way of using his tech to produce small animations or perform tricks and such) to the 9 children as well as the lord and lady themselves. However, he was not treated as some kind of property like many of the life blessed constructs. Of important notice is that this was about 6 years before the warforged gained their freedom in 996 YK, as the Yavelan's (while they were many questionable things) were quite "essentric" (to put it lightly), which helped explain why they would have taken in someone that most nobles would happily consider mere property. Due to this, they happily embraced Goleas as a genuine member of their clan - for better and for worse. While this provided an arguably higher quality of life, Vidio found them self adopting their personalities and mannerisms, which could be justifiably considered insufferable. This persona however, would be one of the only shreds of proof left that the Yavelan family every existed, due to 601345 being the only known connection to them alive after The Day of Mourning obliterated the entire nation of Cyre.

This was the event that left V1D10 in a state of disrepair, and it wasn't until being rediscovered by Lucca and her genius father that the V1D10-601345 model was once again brought "online". Having been dragged to the unfamiliar landscape of Sharn, and through time itself, made for a difficult awakening process. In truth, Vidio was at their most vulnerable at this point, having to face the fact that the life they knew before was gone, and that the two who brought them back were the only immediate connections they had. In time, like the pair they were now indentured to, Goleas found a comfortable circle and source of profit from The Last Resort - but their ultimate goal was to reclaim their place in the noble family in which they were adopted, if there were in fact any remaining members left at all.
Message To Binnford: What The Hell Is An 'Eb-o-ran'?While I am not new to the forums by any stretch, it may come as a surprise that I have NO experience with Eberron. In fact, all of my games have been in home brew settings except for the Phandelver newbie module - which I never finished. So, if that isn't a deal breaker, here is my paired application!
Secret Text for BinnFord

Last edited by Theore; 02-03-2020 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:54 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3928
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
I love rogues so I'm throwing my hat in here. I've been trying to get in an Eberron campaign for a long time, no luck yet.

Character Details
right-aligned image

Name: Cadge
Race: Half Orc
Subclass: Assassin
Birthplace/Country of Origin: Mud Caves, Sharn
Mechanical Background: Criminal/Enforcer
Starting Alignment: Neutral

Physical Appearance:
Cadge stands about a foot taller than the average man, with a heavily muscled frame which appears statuesque underneath his brownish-gray skin. His head is shaved bald and gleams in the light, and his hard facial features are surprisingly handsome for a half orc. He has a strong brow and dark penetrating eyes, with a wide nose and just a trace of tusks emanating from his lower lip. His posture is proud and almost regal in its appearance, and his movements seem methodical as if he only moves when he wishes to. He is finely dressed in the latest fashions, with a long dark green jacket embroidered with silver covering a loose white tunic and black breeches with a pair of expensive looking and well polished boots. A thick belt with a silver buckle adorns his waist from which hangs an ornate rapier in a quality looking sheath. His voice is surprisingly polished and eloquent for a half orc.

Last edited by Grouchy; 01-29-2020 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:09 PM
In partial shambles.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9585
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
PART ONE: Character DetailsName: Thia Naïlo d'Phiarlan
Race: High Elf
Subclass: Thief
Birthplace/Country of Origin: Born in Sharn
Mechanical Background:
Starting Alignment: Chaotic Good
right-aligned image

Physical Appearance (including any defining feature or Dragonmark): Thia is 5'6" tall, 120 lbs, with a graceful, willowy build. Her long black hair is usually kept tied back into a tail when she's on a job, but kept loose while "off the clock". She has the bronze skin typical of her race and dark blue eyes flecked with gold that change color slightly in the light. Her clothing is poor and threadbare, but well-maintained, as are her weapons, and she generally wears long sleeves to conceal the Shadow Mark on her left shoulder. She looks quite young, something she is rather sensitive about as elves generally aren't considered adults until they've lived a century. However, living among humans has matured her far faster than if she'd lived among her own kind, though she still resents the fact that her kin would consider her a child. A simple, but sturdy-looking, rapier hangs loosely at her side, with a small tie on the scabbard to keep the end fastened to her leg, should the need for stealth arise. A bandolier containing a pair of daggers crosses her chest, and when she's about town she carries a shortbow and quiver of arrows on her back.

PART TWO: Character TraitsPersonality Quirk(s): I am incredibly slow to trust. Those who seem the fairest often have the most to hide.
Ideal(s): Charity. I steal from the wealthy so that I can help people in need.
Character Bonds (including Dragonmarked House involvement): My ill-gotten gains go to support my family.
Flaw(s): It's not stealing if I need it more than someone else.

Thia slipped a silver coin into her boot, separate from the rest of her hard-earned gains, with a silent thanks to Olladra for a successful mission. I'll have to swing by the temple on the way home, she thought as she slipped quietly into an alley with a quick glance around for tails. She seemed to melt from shadow to shadow, quiet as an alleycat, as she made her way downward through the hubs of the city. She slipped past any patrolling guards, many of whom she knew and liked, avoiding any confrontation that might force an unfortunate encounter. Making a quick detour to the temple of Olladra, she left the silver with the priest...that was one offering she wasn't going to skimp on, not if she wanted other missions to be successful as well. The Sovereign is fickle enough, she thought, without earning her disfavor.

An hour or two later, Thia slipped into the abandoned building in High Walls, giving a subtle signal to the small boy perched on a box outside to let him know she was a friend. She knew the boy, and he knew her, but the signal was still given. Her eyes adjusted to the near-darkness almost instantly, giving her an advantage over those who usually had to feel and stumble their way through...or knew the way by heart. Passing through groups of refugees who eyed her warily, those who knew her relaxing and giving a nod or wave, she made her way to a small room in the back. There, an aging halfling with his back to her greeted her without turning. [You're back early,] he said in Halfling. [Were you unsuccessful, or just very lucky?] Thia grinned, hopping up to sit on the desk the halfling was working on, much to the halfling's irritation. [My luck held. The information I received was accurate, and it was a good night,] she said, then rolled her eyes and hopped back off the desk at his shooing. She tossed a small pouch onto the desk...minus her share, of course...and it gave a satisfying 'clink' of coin that earned a curt nod of approval from the halfling. I also found this, Milo, she said, switching to Common and dropping any hint of humor or frivolity and withdrawing a rolled-up scroll, the broken seal still clearly showing the image of an animal's claw. Milo's brows raised, and he took the scroll carefully, almost gingerly. "Did you read this?" he asked, his eyes shifting briefly to hers. Thia merely shrugged. "The Phiarlan will want to know about this," she said. Milo didn't comment. Taking the scroll back from the halfling, Thia walked silently toward the door. "Be careful," he said without turning around. Thia didn't bother answering...she was always careful.

PART THREE: Character BackstoryWhen Cyre was destroyed on the Day of Mourning, not all the elves in the area fled to Valenar. Thia's father, Paelias, was killed on the Field of Ruins, and her mother, Quelenna, fled with Thia in whichever direction seemed the least deadly at the time. Alas, between the invading armies that survived the blast, the roving mobs of refugees and criminals, and the outright devastation of the land, the danger eventually caught up with the mother and young daughter. Renegade mercenaries ambushed the small group Thia and her mother were traveling with, and Quelenna delayed the mercenaries long enough for Thia to escape, sacrificing herself for her only child.

Thia wandered the lands, half-mad with grief and nearly dying of starvation and exposure. She managed to stumble upon a camp that would eventually become New Cyre, where she recovered her strength. However, the sight of so many of her former countrymen reminded her too sharply of her losses and pain, and she moved on as quickly as she was able.

She found that post-war Breland was not welcoming of vagabonds with no roots, and didn't stay very long in any one spot. Once she was noticed, sentiment generally turned against her, and she either fled or was pushed out. As such, she began to develop a knack for remaining unnoticed and unseen to avoid such confrontations. She also developed skill at taking what she needed to survive, since she had no coin or valuables. This served her well enough to last until she reached Sharn.

Sharn was like nothing she had yet seen in her half-century of living. Larger than she thought men could build, and with more people than she'd ever thought could live together, it was a shining jewel and burning fire all at once. Remaining unseen was so easy it was nearly automatic, and she quickly discovered the upper tiers contained enough wealth that the people she stole from wouldn't suffer. She also discovered that wealthy people can afford better guards, and she eventually found herself in the grip of one such guard after trying to abscond with a merchant's bauble from his cart. The guard grabbed her arm, jerking her toward him, tearing her sleeve at the shoulder. As the guard pulled Thia toward him, dragging her down the street, the merchant she'd tried stealing from rushed up, waving his arms. "Apologies, sir, many apologies! I've made a horrible mistake! I didn't realize that she'd left payment to the side of my cart. See?" The merchant extended a hand full of coin, more than Thia had owned since she left home. The guard growled, clearly annoyed at having been robbed of his prize, and thrust Thia toward the merchant. "Be more careful then, before you call for the guard!" the guard snarled, before turning on his heel and storming off, scattering gawkers and passers-by.

Thia was scared out of her mind and confused, so all she could do was stare at the merchant inquisitively. Nobody had acted out of that much kindness since she'd left home. The merchant understood her reaction, and put his arm around her shoulders...discreetly exposing the skin beneath the tear in her sleeve. "How long have you born that mark, m'lady?" he asked in serious tones, indicating a mark on her skin. "W-what?" she stammered, staring perplexed at the reddish blemish on her shoulder. "Only recently..." In truth, it had been a year since it appeared, and she'd been politely ignoring it since, assuming it to be some sort of infection from her base living style. "Tis a rash, nothing more, I assure you!" She was now terrified that the man would pronounce her a plague victim and call the guard. But...he'd just rescued her from the guard, so...what...?

The merchant stared at her for a moment, then nodded his head. "How old are you, girl? It's hard for me to tell, with you elvish types." "Just past fifty, sir..." she said, faltering. A child, by elven standards, but most humans didn't understand that. Nodding again, the man led her, not ungently, down the road. "There's someone you need to meet," he said. "I suppose you could consider them long-lost relatives." He chuckled as if he'd made a joke, though Thia couldn't tell what that joke might be, or at whose expense, at the time. "B-but...what about your cart?" she asked, glancing back. "You're the only one around here foolish enough to steal from me, as luck would have it," he chuckled again, tugging her along. Glancing down at her, he added softly, "Or perhaps not luck, after all." With a shrug, he said, "Matters little to me. They'll reward me, and it's doubtful you'll have time or inclination to pester me any longer, once they've set you on your path. Keep you busy, they will!" That brought full-gut laughter from the merchant, though Thia still didn't understand the joke. "Who??" she demanded, flustered and near panic.

The merchant stopped laughing and replied with only one word. "Phiarlan"

Last edited by The Rat Queen; 02-12-2020 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-27-2020, 02:08 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4441
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Not new to RPGCROSSING but still consider myself newer to 5E, and Eberron. So going to throw my hat in.

Any and All feedback is welcomed!

PART ONE: Character DetailsName: Kortana d'Medani
right-aligned image

Race: Half-Elf (dragonmarked)
Subclass: Inquisitive
Birthplace/Country of Origin: Brelan
Mechanical Background: House Agent (Medani)
Starting Alignment: Neutral Good

Physical Appearance: Kortana is average height for a female half elf standing approximately 5'8" in height with a lithe muscular figure. Her eyes are an amber in color and framed by short black hair parted in the middle to one side, uncommon among half-elves. Her gaze almost seems to have a piercing quality to it as if she is seeing right into your soul. Upon her right forearm is the Mark of Detection about midway between her wrist and Elbow.

PART TWO: Character Traits
Background: House Agent
Personality Quirk(s): I represent my house and take pride in my looks; I never forget and insult against me or my house; When you use your dragon mark, it animates and adopts the appearance of your dragon marked house's
emblem for 1 minute.
Ideal(s): I want to learn all I can, both for my house and my own curiosity.
Character Bonds (including Dragonmarked House involvement): My house is my family. I would do anything for it.
Flaw(s): My house and bloodline make me the best.

Kortana is a friendly and outgoing young lady who always represents herself in the best light she can. She is always dressed in suitable clothing for the situation and ensures her physical appearance is well groomed and maintained at all times. As a representative of House Medani, she takes great pride in her family and ensures her efforts reflect upon her house favorably at all times. She does however have an ego, as a dragonmarked member of the house. She firmly believes she excels at her skills, and refuses to accept a sub par performance on her own part.

As a result she works hard to hone her skills and be the best she can be. Striving for perfection in all she does. She is her own worst critic, which pushes her to always try and do better. She is a fast and reliable friend and would willingly stand up for a friend should the need arise. On the same token she is also very vigilant in the defense of her family and reacts quickly in response to any slander towards herself, her friends, or her house.

PART THREE: Character Backstory
Kortana is young still and finding her way as an Inquisitive, she was relatively shelter from the harshness of the last war due to her birthright. As such she is not overly familiar with the suffering of the average citizen during the war except those of Brelan itself. This is not to say she was sheltered overly, but her focus as she grew was more on her studies and developing her talents as a dragonmarked member of the family. She was afforded the best training her family could provide both in combat, investigation and persuasion. Despite her comfortable life she was eager to see the outside world.

Once of age and the end of the war Kortana sought the opportunity to find her way in the world and learn of its many wonders. Granted permission to leave Brelan and explore until called upon to server the house. Released from her sheltered life at last she set out in the world to make her own mark and help those she could utilizing the skills she had spent years honing. Moving from place to place working with local authorities as well as on behalf of those who could not afford such aid on their own. Kortana takes great pride in her efforts and helping to represent her house in all she does. She has traveled for over a year visiting many cities until finding herself at last in Sharn.

It was fate that brought her in line with the Last Resort she had found a wanted poster and in the process of searching she came across the guild. Free of familial obligations she decided to make use of the resources available. It worked out well and within a week she had caught the criminal she had been searching for with information she gathered through the guild. Since then she has kept ties with the guild finding occasional work as it becomes available, when not working directly with the local guard or on private jobs. Of course her being a full member and descendant of House Medani didn't hurt her acceptance into the guild either. Not many could say they had such affluent members. She rarely lacked for work her years of training and inherent abilities keeping her in ready demand.

Last edited by JaredSyn; 01-31-2020 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:17 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 636
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
I have always liked the Eberron setting and I like the all rogue idea. Did this years ago in 4E. Am still learning 5E.

Question about the modified 4d6 roll. Is that just the normal 4d6 and drop the lowest or is there more to it? I ask because I prefer to roll stats over point buy.
Old 01-28-2020, 01:41 AM
Rusty Wordsmith

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draidden View Post
Question about the modified 4d6 roll. Is that just the normal 4d6 and drop the lowest or is there more to it? I ask because I prefer to roll stats over point buy.
To be honest, I'm tossing around a few ideas and was going to let the group decide between them. I ran a one-shot recently where rolled 1s for beginning stats counted as 3s instead, and that didn't seem to break the game too terribly--mods like that. Does that help?
Old 01-28-2020, 02:52 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 104
Zangul Zangul
WIP
Tolkin "Tum Tum" StickyFingers
NAME: Tolkin "Tum Tum" StickyFingers
RACE:Halfling
SUBCLASS:Thief
BIRTHPLACE:Waterdeep
BACKGROUND:Magician
ALIGNMENT:Lawful Neutral
PHYSICAL APPEARANCE: Tolkin is a halfling standing 3ft 5in tall and 125lbs. He has light brown hair ,and green eyes. He is plump around the waist, always has a peice of food he seems to always be working on. Wears green and brown shirt with brown trousers. always has a smile on his face, he is bubbly and perky attitude.
Criss crossed his chest is two belts holsters containing 10 throwing knives. In his belt stays tucked is two daggers, and his lucky charms a knife and fork, you never know when a good meal will come by.

Personality:Loves to tell stories and jokes Never a dull moment when Tolkin is involved. Of course there is one thing he loves more than stories and jokes, that is FOOD.
Ideals: The hand is quicker than the eye, not my fault you couldn't keep up, What was yours is now mine. CHARACTER BONDS: A crowd is my forte (or playing field) the bigger the better. Also makes for easy marks or pickings. And to kill Antoeneo Montoya rabbit killer.
Flaws:some like shiny things, not me , Food is where its at. Most likely me as well. We all have to eat, so whichever way the gravy flows im right there to follow.
BACKSTORY: It started 7 years ago when a boy begins to be his own man. I had taken to my usual street corner and set up for my 3 maybe 4 acts for the day.I got the table up, and put three shells and a button on the table. The first act or trick was Trope. You know the one with three shells and find which one holds the object.
"Good morning ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, step right up if you think you can stay with the hand. I will place a button under the center shell, then I will shuffle the shells like so." (shuffles the at average speed)
"Okay now find the button? Is it left, right or center?" (folks in the crowd) "Center.......Left.......Right" (all at once) "LEFT!"
I lifted the left shell and revealed the button. "See nothing to it. Now this one is for 3 copper pieces." places three copper pieces on the table. "You guess right you will get my three copper pieces, i win i get your three copper pieces.come one come all try your luck and see if Lady Luck be with you today."

Six folks out in the crowd took a chance and made a bet. Slight faster with shuffling the shells. Three chose center, and three chose right. The reveal showed it was left. Did Trope a few more times till the crowd start losing interest. "Gather round everyone plenty of room. Listen while I Tell you a story." pulling out a deck of cards. Holding out the deck of cards. "There was a big house," pulling out four jacks (thieves) with three other cards hidden behind the thieves. "four thieves were interested in robbing. So one climbs up on the roof, the other goes in on the second floor window, the third goes to the front door and the fourth enters through the basement." slipping a hidden card on top the deck, a second hidden card somewhere in the top middle of deck, the last hidden card somewhere below the second. and with the jacks all on bottom of the deck. "A few moments later they here the city watch headed to the house. " Shuffling the deck untill the four thieves go from bottom of deck to top of deck. "So the thieves run to the roof as the city watch enters the house. The thieves climb down and escape. " drawing the first card, second, third and fourth, revealing all four thieves escaping together.

"Now for my final act for the morning i will pull a live rabbit out of my hat." pulls hat off if head and pass it around the spectators in the mediocre crowd. When it makes its way back to me, "Hoppity Hoppity hop i bring to life the white rabbit." Reaching in the hat and pulling out (kids crying and women and men gasping and screaming) a dead white rabbit soaked in blood with a knife and a piece of paper stuck in the rabbit.
message on paperI got to your rabbit. Your next Hahahahaha.
Your nemesis Antoeneo Montoya.

So you know what happens next........ No not that.

Flashforward a few 4 years, I was hot on Antoeneo Montoya's trail, on the outskirts of the town that time forgot. When a courier just appeared from thin air. And asks "Are you Mr.Stickyfingers?"
"You see any other fat halfling around? "
"Very well, You have three days then.... Well that all that was said to tell you." and poof he is gone.

Last edited by Zangul; 02-07-2020 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:12 AM
Internet Abjurationist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3938
Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore
@BinnFord: I am doing my best to google some information about the nations of Eberron. I've learned Cyre was one of the major 5 places, now known as the Mournland.

Would Cyre be an appropriate answer to the question of Birthplace, or is that too broad? Would it be impossible for a Warforge to have remained dormant until a tinker type person (InfamousDasher) found them and reactivated them, or given the time difference would I have to pick somewhere else?

Thanks in advanced!

Last edited by Theore; 01-28-2020 at 03:16 AM.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:36 AM
Rusty Wordsmith

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theore View Post
Would Cyre be an appropriate answer to the question of Birthplace, or is that too broad?

Would it be impossible for a Warforge to have remained dormant until a tinker type person (InfamousDasher) found them and reactivated them!
Cyre is a perfectly reasonable answer to the Birthplace question. That said, I'm happy to provide some background/lore on anything you Google or have questions about!

It's also reasonable that some of the Warforged were forgotten on the assembly-line or never fully functional or simply marked for storage or future research/upgrades when the war came to an end, but most of these would still be the property of House Cannith, who created the Warforged. I imagine that Cyre's cataclysm could have displaced some of these Warforged--which would open up room for the tinker backstory.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by BinnFord; 01-28-2020 at 03:36 AM.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:29 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4441
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
OK so do you want us to put the effort into creating character sheets now or wait? If we are creating character sheets now are you saying use 4D6 drop the lowest and ones become 3's? If that is the case i think i would much rather roll as well even though the dice roller on this site hates me LOL.