Other Bonds of Fate (L5R Fifth Edition) - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-12-2020, 05:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3131
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Okay, laying it on!

I am a little unclear/unsure how to conceptualize Kamiko's lord. Do I have total freedom to determine this? What's a 'typical' example? Is it expected they be of the same Clan? I'm also a little unfamiliar with Japanese feudal titles.

Second verse!

Kamiko has laid claim to some item; an heirloom related to the ancestor she was named for. According to the rules, you and I each pick a Quality for that item. I'm also a little lost as far as what the item should be, though I do have some ideas. My first thought would be another mask...a very different one than her usual. Full-face covering, like a noh mask perhaps... Open to other ideas as well!
Old 02-12-2020, 06:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1756
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
The sacred quality is always good no matter the item. If you are going spymaster, concealable would be a good choice if there’s something you really don’t want someone to see or know about (like a scroll satchel to make people think you’re just a courtier especially because if you combine it with your school technique). Concealed armor with some quality is also good for a shugenja.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Yeah, I was looking at the potential for concealable armor, though my shujenga robes are weirdly decent as armor...

Sacred IS good, but a finger of jade is only 1 koku...

I do like the idea of a concealable scroll satchel though. That's a good one.
Old 02-13-2020, 01:54 AM
Watcher of the Myst

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1107
mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch
Hrm, are we deciding heritage specifics already? I thought it could wait until we're actually selected XD I mean, at least for the parts that the DM would decide...

Last edited by mystwatch; 02-13-2020 at 01:55 AM.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:00 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
...that's a valid point. I was just going down the question list, but if I'm getting ahead of myself, I'm content to wait and see who makes the cut.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:57 AM
A is for ASSKICKING!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10316
XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor
Daidoji Agatamori
right-aligned image
Name: Daidoji Agatamori
Clan: Crane Clan
Personality: Always calm and courteous, Agatamori is pleasant to be in his company. However a dark cloud of cruelty follows him and only few know who he truely is. He hopes one day he would break this evil reputation.
Description: Agatamori is a young looking man with handsome features. He has long dark hair, some of which is tied to a low top-knot. A single black feather hangs from the bow that keeps his hair in check. He dresses in the same blue attire which the Crane clan's members frequently does, however his clothes are as practical as they are tasteful. He carries himself with poise and immaculate calm.
Background: Sensei Daidoji Hiroís dojo have always been my home. I was raised here and was taught everything there was to learn for a young samurai about Bushido and my duty to the Crane clan. I was told my parents died when I was still a baby and I was sent to Sensei Hiroís dojo. We are all orphans, and by allowing us to grow up under Hiro-samaís tutelage, the clan did what it could to remind us of our parents sacrifice. As long as we were under sensei Hiroís roof, we were each otherís family. When the day arrived and we would see through our Gempukku ceremony, we would receive our story of our parentsí death. I was the oldest among Hiro-samaís pupils. That was why I made great effort to be the good example for the other students and not fail my responsibilities before sensei.

When my Gempukku ceremony came, I was shamed to hear the truth about my parents. They had not died, like the parents of my fellow students, but have broken the Crane clanís trust by selling out the clanís secrets. When the clan found out they searched their home, but found nothing save for their abandoned baby. I swore my bitter revenge and vowed to find and punish them.

As I travelled Rokugan for my parents, I found clues of them passing through a village in the Lion clanís land. There were only two days between them and me. I was ready to pursue them when a farmer begged me to help. His daughter was ill and needed to be brought to a doctor. On the same day the village celebrated Inari. He couldnít take the journey as he feared it would anger the kami if he didnít participated. It would ruin the harvest. If he didnít bring his daughter Ė Tsuyu Ė to the doctor, she would die. I carried the young girl to the doctor, who lived a distance away from the village. I lost the trail of my parents, but I cared not; revenge could wait, the girl couldnít.

By the time the war broke out between the Lion and Crane clans, my parents were dead by my sword and I was ushered to participate in the battles. I still served the daimyo and my loyalty was unbreakable. One winter far inside Lion clan land, my army was starving. I had to provide them rice or turn back. The village where Tsuyu lived was near and I decided to go there with a squad of bushi and take their harvest. The villages didnít want to hand over their harvest, lest they would starve themselves. They begged for mercy and brought Tsuyu forward. I recounted the story of how I had saved her life and my bushi bowed in admiration. The village folks smiled relieved. One flash of a blade and it was over. I cut her down then and there with an iaijutsu strike. The army had their rice and my loyalty to the Crane clan remained unblemished.

My daimyo have asked to attend the Iuchi wedding as his niece's yojimbo. I gladly accepted: I was weiry of the constant struggles at our borders and needed a change of air. But when Sasori parted the noren between the rooms, my heart dropped at her beauty. She was the clan's court star in the making, and I understood why. If I should ever receive love and admiration from a single person for the rest of my life, let it be hers. I bowed deep and accepted again my charge before them both.

20 questions

Last edited by XQbitor; 02-14-2020 at 02:12 AM.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:28 PM
Watcher of the Myst

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1107
mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch
I went and made Eve a Shiba Artist instead. Hope that's not too problematic. Could always switch back if it is?

Last edited by mystwatch; 02-14-2020 at 02:29 AM.
Old 02-14-2020, 02:13 AM
A is for ASSKICKING!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10316
XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor
App is done and just in time. If someone can look it over and give some C&C I'd be happy.

Happy valentines day everyone !
Old 02-14-2020, 06:36 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13
AbstractCloud
Name: Shika Ichi

Clan: Deer

Personality: Ichi is a seemingly harmless and endlessly curious woman that often indulges in flirtation when she finds someone she is attracted to. This is tempered when out of her clans forests as she is supposed to be more impersonal and avoid getting attached, however this is occasionally ignored for favor of something Ichi finds exciting, attractive, or otherwise worthy of more emotion than is proper.
Ichi is serious about her duty to her clan despite all of these things, and will try to put it before any other distractions if a choice between the two must be made.

Description: Ichi is a woman of medium height and a slender but well muscled build honed by years of training, exercise, and living in the forest rather than pampered in a castle. She is rarely seen out of the armor given to her by her clan for her Yojimbo work, and when she is it's usually in some other sort of work oriented outfit and almost never standard clothing unless she is forced to by circumstances out of her control. The one exception to her standard dress is a bright green scarf provided to her by her mentor that she wears at all times somewhere on her body, occasionally concealed if needed.

Ichi is quick to smile, and has eyes that might betray how much she relies on them. They are always wide or squinted, focusing on something or taking in as much information as possible, which is fitting given her reliance on sight to understand the world since she is deaf. Ichi watches peoples mouths as they speak and is always extremely thankful to meet someone who knows hand talk.

Background: Shika Ichi was born to a pair of Deer clan samurai that, as is so common within the clan, married for love rather than any sort of political or familial obligation. They were extremely proud when they finally had a daughter, and brought her up from birth with the goal of encouraging her growth into the role of a Shika Spear Dancer. Ichi of course took to all of this like a fish to water, constantly determined and excited to learn new techniques of combat or knowledge about the forest around them.

She was often underestimated by most of her classmates, but given her friendly attitude she still made plenty of friends, one of which - Shika Yin - was instrumental in Ichi's success in her education. It was thanks to Yin that Ichi was able to outperform the rest of the young samurai children in their Gempukku and earn her place as an adult and as a spear dancer of the Deer clan. It was her unassuming appearance and friendly attitude that had her whole class overlook her as real competition, and allowed her to sneak into a place of honor and respect.

After becoming an adult and undergoing the further training required to become a full spear dancer, Ichi was assigned her first few tasks outside of the forest. Each of them was a short mission as a Yojimbo for a minor courtier in various courts across the land, ensuring that balance was maintained and that these courtiers survived to do what the Deer clan needed them to do. She also performed a few tasks for her clan in the roll of a Shinobi, providing surveillance and a single assassination as directed by her clan - something that hse does not enjoy having to have done, but accepts the necessity of it regardless.

Now, after proving herself and coming into her own as an adult, a speardancer, and a Samurai, Ichi has finally been given a task of some import at the wedding of Iucho Aseo and Toritaka Hamako. Protection of a Unicorn delegate and ensuring that they survive the entire wedding to do what they must for the Deer clans plans to continue.

Twenty questions are attached in the form of screenshots I took of the character sheet I have. I made it on the PaperBlossoms character creator, so if you also have that I can simply provide an import file for you! Some things need to be worked out between me and the GM that I couldn't decide on my own. Aside from that, this is my first L5R experience so hopefully I got the sheet done properly and I look forward to playing with you if I am accepted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sheet_1.png
Views:	8
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	83136   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sheet_2.png
Views:	4
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	83137   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sheet_3.png
Views:	6
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	83138   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sheet_4.png
Views:	6
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	83139   Click image for larger version

Name:	d9jrgeq-1129825d-b48c-44d2-b6b7-86f5335262c6.png
Views:	5
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	83140  

Last edited by AbstractCloud; 02-15-2020 at 03:09 AM.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:39 PM
Pastel Goth Ki-Rin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1999
MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn
Alright alright alright, the day has finally come and gone. I do apologize on the slight delay, had some car troubles that consumed my yesterday. But here we are!

A lone Miya messenger on horseback arrives, presenting wedding invitations to...

Kaiu Katsura played by WidowsBane
Ide Eve played by mystwatch
Shosuro Kamiko played by SalmonMax
Shika Ichi played by AbstractCloud
Miya Kosuke played by Elanir

Thank you for all of those who applied. Those who made it, please find your way to the game here.