Yes to both
Old 02-04-2020, 08:07 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 680
AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV
Thank you,

What would be the major changes to the gunslinger?
Old 02-04-2020, 08:33 PM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1003
Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga
Nothing major, just an adjustment to the firearms you can start with.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:06 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Megscetera
Andra Aramina
Former future warlord; ifrit magus (eldritch scion)

AppearanceAndra is often mistaken for an elf rather than an ifrit, at least until the deep gold of her eyes gives her away. Pale skin and hair the silvery color of charcoal just before it collapses lend themselves to this interpretation, as do her slightly-pointed ears, likely a holdover from some distant ancestry. Her expression is a stern one, serious and thoughtful, though the occasional impish half-smile surfaces for just a moment, now and then, before her practiced demeanor overcomes it.

HistoryNote: I made a couple assumptions about how things might work in the Sword Sands, because that region felt thematically really interesting to me. If anything doesn't fit or if there are details that should be changed or incorporated, I am definitely okay with tweaking this to fit better!

Born the much-anticipated heir to a minor mercantile warlord in the Sword Sands, Andra was expected to take her mother's place eventually, to govern their small territories in the shifting sea of dune-riddled emptiness that was their part of the region. The girl had a sword in her hand nearly as soon as she could walk, and magic came to her nearly as easily as breathing. Her mother, a shred, calculating woman, delighted in the girl's natural talents, as well as the charm the child exhibited in dealing with potential trade partners.

Around the time Andra reached adolescence, though, the two women began to butt heads. Sulwyn Aramina was a brave woman, and clever, but also a hard woman, prone to bouts of what many—including her child—called cruelty. Though seldom directed at the younger girl, these tantrums often resulted in the destruction or loss of things that Andra held dear.

The conflict escalated gradually until, by adulthood, the girl and her mother barely spoke, interacting only as needed for both to fulfill the necessary obligations to the territory each had taken on. Never one to fight when she could instead use reason, Andra had pragmatically planned to simply bide her time, waiting until she could win the support of her mother's retainers well enough to allow for a nonviolent coup. With all her resources preparing for that end, it was only by the fortune of her own kind nature that she was able to escape before disaster struck.

One night, a mercenary in the employ of the household informed Andra that any hope of staying in the territory and surviving had been ruined: Sulwyn Aramina was pregnant with another child, and had begun to see Andra as a barrier to her goals. Assassins, he reported, would begin their attempts in earnest in the next few days, and if Andra wanted to live, she needed to leave immediately.

She didn't know if it was true, only knew that it felt true, felt like all the little pieces of a lifetime of uncertainty had clicked into place. She trusted her instinct, and left with nearly nothing. Hiring on as a merchant's guard, she made her way to Chroedale, working as an adventurer and guard for hire, just scraping out a living. The question of whether the mercenary had been telling the truth, of whether her mother meant to have her killed, haunted her, though, and after a particularly harrowing mishap in the course of a job nearly cost her her life, she knew she needed to know. While she couldn't simply return to her mother, she thought maybe a brilliant diviner might have answers for her.

And if not, well, perhaps he'd at least have some work.

Additional Information

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	andra.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	83102   Click image for larger version

Name:	andra_smol.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	83103  

Last edited by Megscetera; 02-09-2020 at 05:49 PM.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:51 PM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
That all works, good app!
Old 02-05-2020, 12:42 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4712
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
I have added some impressions to my app.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:12 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 680
AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV
The WandererCharacter Name:
Race:
Class: As normal, if you're playing a gunslinger or something similar I will have to make adjustments. The gods are greyhawk deities with a few adjustments, ask for clarification.
Description: Describe your character's appearance and personality. Images are encouraged but should not be used to supplement a description.
Character History: A couple hundred words to outline your character's history. At some point it should include a reason as to why you would seek out the services of a renowned divination expert. If you have a theme in mind I am more than happy to help pick out where in the world your character might have originated.
Writing Sample: At least 300 hundred words. This could be anything, a specific moment from your backstory, your first meeting with Heltan, anything that gives me a chance to see how you plan on playing your character.
Impressions:
Old 02-05-2020, 05:45 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 154
Miss Nomer Miss Nomer
Ihleraelyoyi "Lily" KallveiyairName: Ihleraelyoyi Kallveiyair… or "Lily," to those who have difficulty with her Elvish name.
Race: Elf
Class: Fighter / Warpriest
Description: Lily descends from a tribe of northern elves, whose features have molded over generations to mimic their arctic surroundings. She has stark white hair, snow-pale skin, and glassy eyes so reflective they practically glow with different colors depending on the light. Even for an elf, she is tall, almost two full meters, and slender like a reed. Her build would be almost comical if it were not constantly hidden underneath an exotic suit of armor made from overlapping leather scales and silver steel plates.

Lily does not smile, nor does she enjoy speaking elvish, even with kin. Even before her current life as a mercenary, she was cold, calculating, and distant, and the ruggedness of her profession has only honed those traits. She is austere in how she lives, never participating in gambling or drinking or other frivolities. To anyone who has hired her more than once, it is unclear what she actually spends her coin on, but it certainly isn't herself. She sleeps in simplest lodges, eats cheap food, and never buys new weapons or armor. Despite this, her purse is almost always a little too light to buy everything she needs.

ImpressionsKambur the Contrary: He possesses the discipline to train his body, discipline far beyond that of most, yet he lacks when training his mind. I respect his dedication, but he is still a fool if he believes he can navigate this world by rejecting the wisdom of his teachers.

John Legrasse: He served his order and his subordinates with honor. I know how heavily his defeat must weigh on him, perhaps more than most ever could.

I believe he is strong enough to persevere through. At least, I truly hope so. This world needs valorous men and women.

Sebastian de Valencia: One does not train in the martial disciplines for oneself, but to serve and protect those around him. Selflessness is more important than power or prowess, as it is the only quality separating the worthy from the tyrant. Until Sebastian learns this, he is no more than a child, taking pleasure in lording over those weaker than him.

Andra Aramina: I cannot imagine a mother trying to kill her own child... even less can I imagine what it must be like to believe my own mother were trying to have me killed. This poor girl... she displays such strength and perseverence to escape on her own, with nothing to her name. This poor, unfortunate child...

Nictis the Mad Chef: It is good and beautiful to pursue a craft or trade that one loves, but not to the point of obsession, and certainly not to the point of becoming cold, brutal... perhaps even a little psychotic. Although, I suppose I am not one who can pass judgement.

In any case, I honestly cannot tell the direction of his heart. Perhaps he is a kind person deep down, or perhaps he is simply a monster. I suspect he is a bit of both, depending on the circumstance.

Graggar: I have not met his kind before, although I imagine it is not surprising that there are no amphibians in the north. I find him to be wise and admirable, a breath of fresh air amidst mercenaries and sell-swords. He respects the past, and places the importance of mind and spirit above simply the body. He places is community above himself. Any mistrust he has of me is... well, it isn't without reason.

I suspect I would enjoy a long conversation with this one, on many topics. It has been some time since I have met someone who I feel such solidarity with.

Last edited by Miss Nomer; 02-18-2020 at 02:53 AM.
Old 02-05-2020, 06:07 PM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
Old 02-07-2020, 01:32 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 154
Miss Nomer Miss Nomer
Old 02-09-2020, 03:36 AM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
Old 02-09-2020, 05:50 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Megscetera
With the addition of an image and a couple more impressions I believe I've finalized my application
Old 02-10-2020, 04:17 PM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
Looks good! I'll update the table
Old 02-13-2020, 12:33 PM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
Just a reminder for everyone that I'd like to have all applications finished up by the 17th, as that gives me a few days of reading week to select the party
Old 02-14-2020, 01:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13353
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Alright i have finished of Nictis and added impressions for those other character that have been completed or have some sort of history or writing sample I can build off of: HERE

Last edited by OneDarkness; 02-14-2020 at 01:15 PM.