Other Aberrant: Bigger, Stronger, Faster - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-05-2020, 09:56 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 263
Shaquille Oatmeal Shaquille Oatmeal Shaquille Oatmeal
@Kerchunk

My initial intention is that your cell will be sent on assignments all over the world. So a nova from any location will do.
Old 02-05-2020, 10:28 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 752
Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk
Good to know.

Within Teragen, I'd say that the best faction for the PCs to be a part of would be the Suits. Someone mentioned earlier that being straight-up terrorists wouldn't be a good idea and I agree with that. The Suits allow for alot of different types of novas. Combat types, mega-socials, infiltrators, etc. They could have many different kinds of missions that they go on to expand the Teragen cause, crossing swords with Utopia or whoever without it being one slugfest after another.

That's my idea anyway.
Old 02-05-2020, 10:37 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
For any of the players who might be new to Aberrant, I have posted a quick reference guide for character creation. Tells you were all the page numbers are for everything. Hopefully it helps. I have also put a copy of Sirviantis' table in the top post of the thread.

Last edited by Shaquille Oatmeal; 02-05-2020 at 10:38 AM.
Old 02-05-2020, 10:44 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 231
Sir Swindle Sir Swindle Sir Swindle
It doesn't help that the table of contents for the core book is literally on page 100!
Old 02-05-2020, 10:52 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
At the top of the thread, I have also posted a primer about the Teragen for those who want to read up. It summarizes everything you really need to know about the faction.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:55 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
Good to know.

Within Teragen, I'd say that the best faction for the PCs to be a part of would be the Suits. Someone mentioned earlier that being straight-up terrorists wouldn't be a good idea and I agree with that. The Suits allow for alot of different types of novas. Combat types, mega-socials, infiltrators, etc. They could have many different kinds of missions that they go on to expand the Teragen cause, crossing swords with Utopia or whoever without it being one slugfest after another.

That's my idea anyway.
I also agree that straight-up terrorists is not the way to go.

Most of the factions have a good amount of flexibility and can use you in different ways. More than anything, it'll be the composition and disposition of your cell that determines how you'll all be used.

On a separate note, I do have one request for characters.

It's common sense, really, but please make characters that are willing and able to work with others. Avoid anti-social lone wolves or novas who are so insane that they can't function in groups. For playability reasons, I want everyone to be able to work together. That doesn't mean I expect characters to always get along, or to even like each other (conflict and tension between PCs can be a lot of fun); I just want to prevent real life frustration and headache.

I've had one or two Terat players in the past who have made novas with god complexes, and who would continuously employ Domination and social enhancements to force others (including other players) to worship them. Obviously, this caused problems and a lot of friction between players. That's the kind of stuff I want to avoid.

I'm not expecting any of that from this group. I just felt like it deserved mentioning.

Last edited by Shaquille Oatmeal; 02-05-2020 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-05-2020, 12:21 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3541
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
No need to worry about me. Gerardo doesn't have a god complex (yet at least). Regardless, I've always felt that compelling adoration is a cheap trick, any god worth their salt needs to earn the praise.
Old 02-05-2020, 04:17 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Ugh, Matter Creation is really hard. I can get the character to just below where I would really like him but then he is stuck with Taint 7. Probably 8 tbh.
Old 02-05-2020, 04:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 752
Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk
Yeah, it's really hard to do Q5 with level 3 powers in a 30 point game.
Old 02-05-2020, 04:39 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
Can you do a slightly more limited version with lesser requirements? Otherwise, it might be time to go back to the drawing board.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:08 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Strictly speaking it is just really hard to get to Q5 and then get ranks in a L3 Power. Spending all my Nova Points (no Taint or Bonus points) I would only be able to pull off 2 ranks in Matter creation so I wuld be able to summon up a bb gun or something (+2 damage).

Going as full hog as I could (BP for quantum and all tainted) I could get, 8 Ranks in MC Which at least then I could whip up a sniper rifle or a big cannon. But I would be irrevocably insane.

But yes, Drawing Board time. Is there a starting character Taint cap? Did I imagine the number 5 or did I read it somewhere?

My backup character ends up fairly limited because of the restrictions on Distrupt. But I might be looking for an unreasonable level of brokenness from it. Also the fact that it can't do anything against Super Strength (the #1 killer of Abberant characters).
Old 02-05-2020, 05:24 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
5-6 taint was Shaq's suggested max, but no hard cap.
Old 02-05-2020, 06:54 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Bigmig
I know it wasn't advised but I made a character sheet with my character because going through the process usually helps me out with figuring out what kind of character I want to make. The basic concept of this guy is he is a giant armored "Behemoth" (Hence the aberrant name) who joined up with Teragen because he isn't accepted by regular society due to him looking like a monster. He also has a cult as an adversarial background, they want to kill him and eat his body in some fanatical notion that it will bring them eternal life. If I did anything wrong in the calculations feel free to tell me.

Picture (Pre Eufiber suit)

Name: Mark Holt Nature: Gain Willpower whenever you make someone else back down.Bravo Allegiance: Teragen Nova Name: Behemoth Concept: Homeless Archetype: The Monster
Initiative: 4 Soak: 26B 21L Walking: 7m Running: 14m Sprinting: 26m  

Willpower: 4 Quantum: 2 Taint: 4
Pool: 4 Pool: 24 Pool: 0/10

Health Levels Bruised Bruised Bruised Hurt Injured Wounded Maimed Crippled Incapacitated Dead
Current Health  
Penalty
-
-

Attributes & Abilities
STR: 4 (Brutish)
MEGA- STR: 2 (
  • A nova with this enhancement can move roughly (3 x Mega-Strength) cubic meters of loose earth, sand, and other soft materials per turn with her bare hands.
  • When digging through stone, concrete and other dense materials, the Burrowing nova can move (Mega-Strength) cubic meters of it per turn.
  • When this enhancement is used as a mode of travel, the Burrowing nova may tunnel at (3 x Mega-Strength) meters per turn through soft materials, and at (Mega-Strength) meters per turn through dense materials. Most tunnels created by means of this enhancement are unstable, and will collapse immediately about a meter behind the Burrowing nova. If the Burrowing nova desires to create a somewhat more permanent tunnel, she may spend 1 quantum point to “stabilize” a tunnel for (Mega-Strength x2) turns. Please note that “stabilized” tunnels can only be created while digging through dense materials such as stone.
  • It should also be noted that a Burrowing nova faces the same risk of suffocation as anyone else when underground (Aberrant core book, p. 257), usually as a result of oxygen depletion or encountering subterranean pockets of dangerous gases such as methane. For this reason, most Burrowing novas will also have a few dots of Mega-Stamina and the Adaptability enhancement. This enhancement is fully compatible with the Enhanced Movement Mega-Dexterity enhancement.
  • Using Burrow costs 1 quantum point per turn.
Burrow)
-Brawl 4
-Might 4
-Throwing 3
DEX: 1
-Athletics 3
-Melee 3
STA: 5 (Enduring)
MEGA -STA: 3 (
  • Whenever the character is hit with a kinetic attack inflicting lethal damage (bullet, knife, missile,etc.), she may spend a quantum point and roll her Mega-Stamina dice against a Standard difficulty. If she succeeds, the incoming damage is converted to bashing damage, which she may soak with her bashing soak score.
  • The character may not convert energy attacks (fire, electricity, Quantum Bolts, etc.) in this manner, nor may she use this enhancement against bashing damage applied after she is Incapacitated.
Durability,
  • A nova with this enhancement may spend quantum points to instantly heal bashing and lethal damage, at the rate of one quantum point per health level healed. Doing so is an automatic action, but the nova may heal a maximum number of health levels per turn equal to her Mega-Stamina rating.
  • Additionally, this enhancement allows a nova to regrow severed limbs or organs, but doing so takes a very long time (weeks or months, typically).
  • Regeneration does not heal aggravated damage.
Regeneration)
-Endurance 4 (Long Distance Exertion)
-Resistance 4 (Ignore Pain)
PER: 2
-Navigation 3
-Awareness 2
INT: 2
WIT: 2
APP: 5 (Imposing)
-Intimidation: 3
MAN: 2
CHA: 1
Powers
Quantum:
  • For each dot of Armor, the character may add three to soak bashing and lethal damage.
  • At the Storyteller’s option, the player may vary the ratio of the soak, assigning more to bashing and less to lethal or vice versa.
  • The power is permanent, costs no quantum points to maintain and can be turned on and off at will.
Armor 3 (lmpervious soak is not reduced by Armor Piercing, and it converts any aggravated damage into normal lethal damage, which can be soaked normally.
Impervious)
Body Mods:
  • The nova has a huge mouth (as big as that of a shark), complete with razor-sharp fangs.
  • This will allow him to make bite attacks for Strength +3 lethal damage, and he can also swallow whole anything that’s up to half the size of his body.
  • Two problems with this are:
    1- this body modification will make the nova appear very inhuman (if not outright bestial) imposing a difficulty penalty of +1 or higher (depending on the details) in most social interactions.
    2- the nova’s unusual mouth structure will cause him problems with speaking clearly (all rolls made to understand the nova’s speech are penalized by -2 dice)
Gaping Maw
  • Unlike the quantum power of the same name, this body modification permanently grants the nova small retractable claws (or a similar natural weapon, such as knuckle spikes) that can inflict (Strength) lethal damage.
  • The claws can be extended and retracted at will as an automatic action.
  • This body modification will also add +3 dice to any climbing checks made by the nova.
Claws 1
Background
Beneficial:
Eufiber 5
Node 2
Adversarial:
Cult 4 (Total)
Numbers 2
Devotion 2
Wanted 3
Merits
  • You're a big one, over two meters tall with a build to match.
  • You have one extra Bruised health level and +1 Stamina for soaking bashing Damage.
  • Your size may make it difficult for you to fit in enclosed spaced and to use some equipment designed for normal-sized people.
  • You must have a minimum STR and STA of 3 (or 1 dot in either MEGA-STR or MEGA-STA) to take this merit.
Huge Size
  • You recover expanded quantum energy more quickly than most novas.
  • Each point in this Merit increases the amount of quantum points you recover by one per hour.
  • So a nova with three points in this Merit recovers 5 quantum points per hour (7 if she's sleeping or meditation).
Quantum Recovery 3
  • You are especially in-tune with eufiber materials. They adapt easily and well to your quantum signature.
  • Each point in this Merit allows you to store an additional quantum point in a eufiber colony attuned to you.
  • You may subtract your rating in this merit from the difficulty of Weave rolls
  • You get an extra die per point in this merit for Style rolls involving Eufiber clothing
  • Must have at least one dot in the Eufiber Background to take this Merit.
Eufiber Attuned 3
Flaws
  • Although Project Utopia has improved the level of education worldwide, there are still people in many nations lacking even basic education. You are one of them.
  • It costs you two Ability dots or three bonus points to gain one dot in any Intelligence-based Ability at character creation, and you may not raise those abilities higher than two dots.
  • Once the game starts, you may pay six experience points for a new intelligence-based Ability and [current level x5] to raise one.
  • Linguistics is the one exception to this rule; you pay normal prices for it.
Uneducated
Abarration
  • A nova with this aberration will shed her skin on a regular basis. When molting, the nova loses all facial and body hair, and her skin will shred and peel. Any tattoos, piercings or scars are lost, as are suntans.
  • Penalties during Molting (Lasts for [Nova's Taint] in days):
    If the nova has a form of the Armor power that depends on “armored skin”, that power will be negated
    The nova’s base Appearance is lowered by 2 dots, although her Appearance can’t be lowered below 1 by this process.
    The nova loses 1 “Bruised” health level.
    The nova’s skin will also itch horribly, requiring the nova to spend a Willpower point to stop scratching herself for 1 scene
  • When this aberration is first manifested, the nova will normally molt only once a year. This will become more frequent as the nova’s Taint increases, with the nova undergoing another molting per year for each additional dot of Taint she accumulates.
  • At the Storyteller’s discretion; molting may also be triggered by stress, fear, or exposure to toxic chemicals.
Molt

Backstory
WIP

Last edited by Bigmig; 02-19-2020 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Forgot to remove nova point values on powers, Formating, Didn't factor in free 3 dots to Resistance and Endurance
Old 02-06-2020, 10:34 AM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
EU fiber gives you 1b+1L per Quantum point it can hold which with your merit & background would be an additional 8b+8L.
Is that correct Shaq?
Old 02-06-2020, 01:55 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Bigmig
Ah, I just re-read the EU fiber stuff and you're right! I'll edit it in. Also, great thinking with using TT in your sheet kanly. I'll probably use it in mine too