Other Aberrant: Bigger, Stronger, Faster - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-06-2020, 02:12 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3541
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
It just gets so cluttered otherwise (or you have to remember WAY to much stuff which just isn't happening for me).

@Shaq
I went with actual flight instead of wings and quantum leaping because a line in my Tail mod specifically called out not being able to jump. It is the same price and is functionally quite similar so...

Last edited by kanly; 02-06-2020 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-06-2020, 02:41 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
@Bigmig
Also just looked up the rules in the base book and it appears that 5 stamina gives you 5b+2L not 5 in each (P. 134 & 241 core rules)
Old 02-06-2020, 03:14 PM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4513
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
After lurking the threads a bit, paging through the books and doing a spit take on the posting rate I'm going to drop out of this race.

Goodest of lucks to you lot!
Old 02-06-2020, 03:34 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 231
Sir Swindle Sir Swindle Sir Swindle
Where are Merits and Flaws for this game?
Old 02-06-2020, 03:50 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
Aberrant players guide.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:53 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
OK, I might be able to pull off my first concept if I get some BP from Flaws.
Old 02-06-2020, 05:50 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 263
Shaquille Oatmeal Shaquille Oatmeal Shaquille Oatmeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Swindle View Post
Ugh, Matter Creation is really hard. I can get the character to just below where I would really like him but then he is stuck with Taint 7. Probably 8 tbh.
Yeah, to add on to what everyone else has already said, investing in Quantum 5 and a Level 3 power would eat up most of your points. Most of the time you end up being a one-trick pony: having one really impressive power but not able to do much else.

But some people like that idea.
Old 02-06-2020, 05:53 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Swindle View Post
Where are Merits and Flaws for this game?
P. 68 of the Players Guide.

Forceful Personalities also has “adversarial backgrounds” if you are interested. They serve as backgrounds that are disadvantageous for the character.
Old 02-06-2020, 05:54 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirviantis View Post
After lurking the threads a bit, paging through the books and doing a spit take on the posting rate I'm going to drop out of this race.

Goodest of lucks to you lot!
No problem. Thanks for the interest.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:00 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmig View Post
I know it wasn't advised but I made a character sheet with my character because going through the process usually helps me out with figuring out what kind of character I want to make. The basic concept of this guy is he is a giant armored "Behemoth" (Hence the aberrant name) who joined up with Teragen because he isn't accepted by regular society due to him looking like a monster. He also has a cult as an adversarial background, they want to kill him and eat his body in some fanatical notion that it will bring them eternal life. If I did anything wrong in the calculations feel free to tell me.

Name: Mark Holt Nature: Survivor Allegiance: Teragen
Nova Name: Behemoth Concept: Homeless

Attributes & Abilities
STR: 4 (Brutish)
MEGA- STR: 2 (
  • A nova with this enhancement can move roughly (3 x Mega-Strength) cubic meters of loose earth, sand, and other soft materials per turn with her bare hands.
  • When digging through stone, concrete and other dense materials, the Burrowing nova can move (Mega-Strength) cubic meters of it per turn.
  • When this enhancement is used as a mode of travel, the Burrowing nova may tunnel at (3 x Mega-Strength) meters per turn through soft materials, and at (Mega-Strength) meters per turn through dense materials. Most tunnels created by means of this enhancement are unstable, and will collapse immediately about a meter behind the Burrowing nova. If the Burrowing nova desires to create a somewhat more permanent tunnel, she may spend 1 quantum point to “stabilize” a tunnel for (Mega-Strength x2) turns. Please note that “stabilized” tunnels can only be created while digging through dense materials such as stone.
  • It should also be noted that a Burrowing nova faces the same risk of suffocation as anyone else when underground (Aberrant core book, p. 257), usually as a result of oxygen depletion or encountering subterranean pockets of dangerous gases such as methane. For this reason, most Burrowing novas will also have a few dots of Mega-Stamina and the Adaptability enhancement. This enhancement is fully compatible with the Enhanced Movement Mega-Dexterity enhancement.
  • Using Burrow costs 1 quantum point per turn.
Burrow)
-Brawl 3
-Might 4
DEX: 1
-Athletics 3
-Melee 2
STA: 5 (Enduring)
MEGA -STA: 3 (
  • Whenever the character is hit with a kinetic attack inflicting lethal damage (bullet, knife, missile,etc.), she may spend a quantum point and roll her Mega-Stamina dice against a Standard difficulty. If she succeeds, the incoming damage is converted to bashing damage, which she may soak with her bashing soak score.
  • The character may not convert energy attacks (fire, electricity, Quantum Bolts, etc.) in this manner, nor may she use this enhancement against bashing damage applied after she is Incapacitated.
Durability,
  • A nova with this enhancement may spend quantum points to instantly heal bashing and lethal damage, at the rate of one quantum point per health level healed. Doing so is an automatic action, but the nova may heal a maximum number of health levels per turn equal to her Mega-Stamina rating.
  • Additionally, this enhancement allows a nova to regrow severed limbs or organs, but doing so takes a very long time (weeks or months, typically).
  • Regeneration does not heal aggravated damage.
Regeneration)
-Endurance 4 (Long Distance Exertion)
-Resistance 4 (Ignore Pain)
PER: 2
INT: 2
WIT: 2
APP: 5 (Imposing)
-Intimidation: 3
MAN: 2
CHA: 1
Powers
Quantum:
  • For each dot of Armor, the character may add three to soak bashing and lethal damage.
  • At the Storyteller’s option, the player may vary the ratio of the soak, assigning more to bashing and less to lethal or vice versa.
  • The power is permanent, costs no quantum points to maintain and can be turned on and off at will.
Armor 3
Body Mods:
  • The nova has a huge mouth (as big as that of a shark), complete with razor-sharp fangs.
  • This will allow him to make bite attacks for Strength +3 lethal damage, and he can also swallow whole anything that’s up to half the size of his body.
  • Two problems with this are:
    1- this body modification will make the nova appear very inhuman (if not outright bestial) imposing a difficulty penalty of +1 or higher (depending on the details) in most social interactions.
    2- the nova’s unusual mouth structure will cause him problems with speaking clearly (all rolls made to understand the nova’s speech are penalized by -2 dice)
Gaping Maw
  • The nova has darts of some sort naturally growing from his body, which he can fire at will by means of special muscles in his skin. These darts can be modified spines if he also has that body modification, or they might simply be formed as needed from the nova’s hair or dead epidermal cells.
  • The nova will possess (Mega-Stamina + 1) volleys of darts on his body, with each volley being composed of (Stamina) + (Mega-Stamina x 2) darts.
  • A dart attack will use the nova’s (Strength + Throwing) as the dice pool for determining if it hits the target. The “damage” inflicted with this dice pool is only valid for determining whether or not the dart attack overcomes the target’s soak ratings, as each dart will only inflict 1 die of lethal damage.
  • The range of the darts is (Strength) + (Mega-Strength x 2) meters.
  • Please note that the nova can choose to fire either a single dart or a volley of them. Single darts fired will be subtracted from the nova’s next volley of darts.
  • The nova can regrow one volley’s worth of darts in the same amount of time that he could heal two levels of bashing damage.
  • If the nova is injured, he will not be able to regrow any darts until he fully recovers from his injuries
Darts 1
  • Unlike the quantum power of the same name, this body modification permanently grants the nova small retractable claws (or a similar natural weapon, such as knuckle spikes) that can inflict (Strength) lethal damage.
  • The claws can be extended and retracted at will as an automatic action.
  • This body modification will also add +3 dice to any climbing checks made by the nova.
Claws 1
Background
Beneficial:
Eufiber 5
Node 2
Adversarial:
Cult 4 (Total)
Numbers 2
Devotion 2
Wanted 3
Merits
  • You're a big one, over two meters tall with a build to match.
  • You have one extra Bruised health level and +1 Stamina for soaking bashing Damage.
  • Your size may make it difficult for you to fit in enclosed spaced and to use some equipment designed for normal-sized people.
  • You must have a minimum STR and STA of 3 (or 1 dot in either MEGA-STR or MEGA-STA) to take this merit.
Huge Size
  • You're able to shrug off the effects of injury more easily
  • Reduce all of your wound penalties by 1, so you function as if you were unhurt when Hurt or Injured and Injured when you're wounded and so forth.
  • You still suffer damage like anyone else and still drop when you're incapacitated.
High Pain Tolerance
  • You are especially in-tune with eufiber materials. They adapt easily and well to your quantum signature.
  • Each point in this Merit allows you to store an additional quantum point in a eufiber colony attuned to you.
  • You may subtract your rating in this merit from the difficulty of Weave rolls
  • You get an extra die per point in this merit for Style rolls involving Eufiber clothing
  • Must have at least one dot in the Eufiber Background to take this Merit.
Eufiber Attuned 3
Flaws
  • Although Project Utopia has improved the level of education worldwide, there are still people in many nations lacking even basic education. You are one of them.
  • It costs you two Ability dots or three bonus points to gain one dot in any Intelligence-based Ability at character creation, and you may not raise those abilities higher than two dots.
  • Once the game starts, you may pay six experience points for a new intelligence-based Ability and [current level x5] to raise one.
  • Linguistics is the one exception to this rule; you pay normal prices for it.
Uneducated
Other
Willpower: 4
Pool: 4
Quantum: 2
Pool: 24
Permanent Taint: 4
Pool: 0/10
Abarration:
Ravenous
Initiative: 4

Movement:
Walking 7m
Running 14m
Sprinting 26m
Soak: 26B 24L

Lol, I like the cult idea.

It looks pretty good, so far. I’m at work but I’ll give the character a closer look once I get back home.

With eufiber, keep in mind that it only provides soak for each point of Quantum it’s charged with. So if you have Eufiber 5, but it’s only charged with two points of Quantum energy, then the Eufiber can only soak 2 damage.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:00 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Bigmig
@kanly Ah okay, thanks! Updated my sheet to have the right lethal soak
Old 02-06-2020, 06:01 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanly View Post
It just gets so cluttered otherwise (or you have to remember WAY to much stuff which just isn't happening for me).

@Shaq
I went with actual flight instead of wings and quantum leaping because a line in my Tail mod specifically called out not being able to jump. It is the same price and is functionally quite similar so...
That sounds like a good idea.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:02 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Bigmig
@Shaq I got you. Do I start with it fully charged or do I have to put in 8 points from my pool?
Old 02-06-2020, 06:20 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmig View Post
@Shaq I got you. Do I start with it fully charged or do I have to put in 8 points from my pool?
You’ll start fully charged.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:29 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille Oatmeal View Post
Yeah, to add on to what everyone else has already said, investing in Quantum 5 and a Level 3 power would eat up most of your points. Most of the time you end up being a one-trick pony: having one really impressive power but not able to do much else.

But some people like that idea.
Ya, it would be different if the power were less versatile. But being able to make anything and everything with only a couple rounds of effort seems like it should have plenty of possibilities.

Technically I can make Eufiber then make it permanent with willpower? If I can pull off making a suite is that any different than the Eufiber background?