Other Aberrant: Bigger, Stronger, Faster - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-07-2020, 01:08 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Bigmig
Updated my sheet format to hopefully make it a little more concise. Gonna do a deep dive into the Teragen Primer and start working out a backstory!
Old 02-07-2020, 01:25 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 231
Sir Swindle Sir Swindle Sir Swindle
I'm going with Fabricator as a Nova Name assuming I don't have to switch the concept. I think he's going to be a bit of a Nova supremacist so he probably won't have a human name that he goes by.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:35 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3541
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
Professor Singularity sounds like a gravity controller.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:58 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 263
Shaquille Oatmeal Shaquille Oatmeal Shaquille Oatmeal
@kanly,

What are your dots for your Mega-Attributes?
Old 02-07-2020, 02:11 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3541
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
1 each
Old 02-07-2020, 02:15 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
So here's what we have so far. I've included powers, attributes, and such so people can gauge what everyone else in the party is capable of. This has also been posted at the top of the thread. I'll continue updating this table as I get more information.

Player Character Name Nova Alias Mega-Attributes Enhancements Quantum Powers Taint & Aberrations
kanly Gerardo Torrado Quetzalcoatl Mega-Strength 1, Mega-Dexterity 1, Mega-Stamina 1, Mega-Perception 1 Soft Fist, Electromagnetic Vision, Hardbody, Stunning Blow Flight, Intuition, Body Modifications (Chromatophores, Serpentine Tail, Serpentine Trunk, Spines) Taint 0
Kerchunk Cletus Pratt Kokopelli Mega-Manipulation 2 Persuader Armor 2, Flight 1 Taint 0
Bigmig Mark Holt Behemoth Mega-Strength 2, Mega-Stamina 3 Burrow, Durability, Regeneration Armor 3, Body Modifications (Gaping Maw, Darts 1, Claws 1) Taint 4, Molt
Sir Swindle Paul Taylor Fabricator Mega-Intelligence 1, Mega-Wits 1, Mega-Dexterity 1 Engineering Prodigy, Quickness, Accuracy Matter Creation 5 Taint 5, Brain Bulge, Machine Wounds
The Fifth Baldwin Maxwell Cunningham Professor Singularity Mega-Intelligence 5 Inventive Genius, Compartmentalized Mind N/A Taint 5, Bald, Blue Skin, Big Head
Jenny Greenteeth Leanne Fitzroy Event Horizon Mega-Intelligence 1, Mega-Wits 1, Mega-Dexterity 1, Mega-Stamina 1, Mega-Charisma 1 Engineering Prodigy, Artistic Prodigy, Synergy, Fast Tasks, Adaptability, Centre of Attention Warp 1 Taint 0
GleefulNihilism Frederick McGowan Alchemy Mega-Stamina 1 Regeneration Disintegration 2, Matter Creation 1, Molecular Manipulation 2 Taint 5, Black Eyes

Last edited by Shaquille Oatmeal; 02-08-2020 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-07-2020, 02:48 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
The Fifth Baldwin
My character is mostly done. I'm bringing him over from an older Aberrant game that I was involved in.

How do you want me to handle the super inventions? I need to do some rolls. Then I can send you the character sheet.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:00 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Baldwin View Post
My character is mostly done. I'm bringing him over from an older Aberrant game that I was involved in.

How do you want me to handle the super inventions? I need to do some rolls. Then I can send you the character sheet.
Ok sounds good.

Keep in mind that Aberrant has “gadgets” and “inventions.”

Gadgets are one-of-a-kind super-science devices. They are fueled by quantum energy. As such, they can violate the laws of physics, but only novas can use them. Mechanically speaking, gadgets mimic quantum powers.

Inventions are improvements on existing technologies; they work within scientific principles and can be mass produced for everyone to use. This is where flying cars, nanotech, and other stuff comes from. Inventions are how many mega-intelligent novas make their money. But mechanically, inventions take a lot more time and effort to develop.

You can't do any rolls on this thread. However, once the game is approved, I'll create a thread for you to get your rolls done.

In regard to gadgets, there is a background in the Directive book called "Equipment." It's intended for Directive characters to represent the fancy gear that they can requisition. In your case, you can take it to represent how many completed gadgets that you start with. Each dot will represent a gadget (so three dots in the Equipment background means you begin the game with three gadgets). Hope that helps.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:12 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
The Fifth Baldwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanly View Post
Professor Singularity sounds like a gravity controller.
I'm going for a slightly campy, mad scientist type of alias. But a gravity manipulator device is something I might whip up one day.

Last edited by The Fifth Baldwin; 02-07-2020 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:13 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
The Fifth Baldwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille Oatmeal View Post
Ok sounds good.

Keep in mind that Aberrant has “gadgets” and “inventions.”

Gadgets are one-of-a-kind super-science devices. They are fueled by quantum energy. As such, they can violate the laws of physics, but only novas can use them. Mechanically speaking, gadgets mimic quantum powers.

Inventions are improvements on existing technologies; they work within scientific principles and can be mass produced for everyone to use. This is where flying cars, nanotech, and other stuff comes from. Inventions are how many mega-intelligent novas make their money. But mechanically, inventions take a lot more time and effort to develop.

You can't do any rolls on this thread. However, once the game is approved, I'll create a thread for you to get your rolls done.

In regard to gadgets, there is a background in the Directive book called "Equipment." It's intended for Directive characters to represent the fancy gear that they can requisition. In your case, you can take it to represent how many completed gadgets that you start with. Each dot will represent a gadget (so three dots in the Equipment background means you begin the game with three gadgets). Hope that helps.
alright thanks Shaq!
Old 02-07-2020, 03:43 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
The Fifth Baldwin

PROFESSOR SINGULARITY

"Preposterous! If God didn't want us to magnetize elephants, then he wouldn't have given us elephants and magnets."

Concept: SUPERVILLAIN!!!

Nature: Visionary

Allegiance: Teragen

Attributes
Strength ••
Dexterity ••
Stamina ••
Perception ••
Intelligence ••••• (Imaginative)
Wits ••
Appearance ••
Manipulation •••
Charisma •••

Abilities
Athletics •••••
Drive ••
Endurance ••• (free)
Resistance ••• (free)
Awareness ••
Investigation •
Academics ••
Bureaucracy ••
Computer ••••
Engineering •••••
Linguistics •
Science ••••
Survival •
Arts •
Biz •
Rapport •
Style •••
Streetwise •
Subterfuge •••
Etiquette •
Perform •••

Backgrounds
Cipher ••
Contacts ••
Equipment •••
Followers •••
Resources •••••

Adversarial Backgrounds
Wanted •••••

Mega-Attributes
Mega-Intelligence ••••• (Inventive Genius, Compartmentalized Mind)

Quantum: ••••
Taint: •••••
Willpower: •••••
Quantum Pool: 28
Initiative: 4

Aberrations: Bald (Brainwaves, p. 49), Blue Skin, Big Head (Brainwaves, p. 49)

Last edited by The Fifth Baldwin; 02-07-2020 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:44 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Fabricator
Birth Name: Paul Taylor
Paul was born in suburban Metro-Detroit. He did ROTC through college to get his engineering degree and went into the army corps of engineers after college. He served two tours and then went back to school to get his PhD. in Engineering. He did a few years in the private sector before he started teaching.
Nova Name: Fabricator
Because of his scarring and the nature of his aberrations it is fairly difficult for Paul to hide his identity. As of a few years ago he had Fabricator added as a legal alias and routinely signs documents with the name. If someone yelled Paul in the street he probably wouldn't even look at this point.
Nature: Survivor
Eruption: House Fire

After his time in the Army Paul found time to date and eventually marry the girl of his dreams. When they started dating he didn't realize that Becky was actually the Nova "Girl of Your Dreams" in he Dormant civilian identity. That didn't bother him really her powers were a bit invasive but seemed pretty fun for "recreation" and who didn't want a super-humanly gorgeous wife? He has his own Eruption when an Anti-Nova group fire bombed his home. The uncontrolled surge of his new powers were able to put out the fire, but even then Becky died of complications from the fire and Paul was severely burned across most of the left side of his upper body.
Allegiances: Teragen

Appearance: Paul lived a fairly active life style and while he never seemed to take on muscle mass he has always had a lot of muscle definition. He keeps his head and face shaven since the burns on his face keep hair from growing on the other side any way. He typically wears a baseball cap to hide some of his head and he wears sunglasses or lens-less glasses to disguise his lack of eyebrows. Otherwise he tends to dress in fairly utilitarian clothes; comfortable jeans, boots, typically a light jacket but always long sleeves even if it is warm out.

The way his aberrations manifested whenever he is injured enough to break the skin the barred flesh and muscle appears to be mechanical. The aberration is compounded by the burn scars on his upper body so he kind of always looks like a Terminator with machine bits apparent under molten patches of skin. His mental powers have also caused his brain to swell pretty outrageously. He has two long tails of brain matter and fat extending from the back side of his head the aberration seems to protect itself well enough with a layer of fat and skin calloused almost to the point of being chitinous and when they have been cut or scrapped in the past they appear to be thick electrical conduits under the skin, due to his other aberration.

When he's doing nova work he is perfectly capable of generating whatever costume or armor he needs at the time.

WILLPOWER 5
TAINT 5
QUANTUM 5
POOL 30
ABERRATIONS
-Twilek style lekkuBrain Bulge
-If he is wounded it appears that his insides are machanical. Including his facial scarring.Machine Wounds

ATTRIBUTES AND ABILITIES (29)
STRENGTH 2

DEXTERITY 4 (1)
-Drive 2
-Firearms 5
-Pilot 1

STAMINA 2

PERCEPTION 2
-Awareness 1
-Investigation 1

INTELLIGENCE 4 (1)
-Academics 3
-Computer 3
-Engineering 5
-Medicine 2
-Science 3

WITS 4 (1)

APPEARANCE 0

MANIPULATION 3
-Interrogation 1

CHARISMA 2
-Command 1
-Etiquette 1

BACKGROUNDS (7)
Node 2
Resources 3
Mentor 2

MEGA-ATTRIBUTES
Mega Int 1 (Engineering Prodigy)
Mega Dex 1 (Accuracy)
Mega Wits 1 (Quickness)

QUANTUM POWERS
Matter Creation 5

FLAWS (10)
Disfigured (Facial Burn Scars) 3
Flashbacks (Burning Buildings) 3
Eu-fiber Rejection 2
Debt 2

BONUS POINTS (25)
2 Willpower 4
3 Quantum 21

Nova Points (30)
1 Quantum 3 T
1 Matter Creation 5
4 Matter Creation 12 T
1 Mega Int 3
1 Mega Wits 3
1 Mega Dex 3
6 Abilities 1

Last edited by Sir Swindle; 02-10-2020 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:49 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
The Fifth Baldwin
I'm not quite done. I need to double check my numbers. I changed some things and wrote it down really fast. I also need to include my point expenditures. But that's the gist of it.

Last edited by The Fifth Baldwin; 02-07-2020 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:57 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Bigmig
Yay smart novas! Gonna need someone to balance out Behemoth haha.

Handsome Megamind Professor Singularity looks great and i'm excited to see what crazy stuff Fabricator can pull off with Matter Creation 5!
Old 02-07-2020, 04:18 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I can fairly trivially create a cubic meter of hydrofluoric acid (as seen on Breaking Bad).

There are vanishingly few ways for me to be better at this (more Int and Mega-Int specifically). But it is still really hard for me to make a car.

I could have converted a lot of my ancillary Mega-Attributes but the way I have it I make a damn good super assassin (Summon rifle multi-action super-aim/Shoot). A created Sniper Rifle doesn't even leave a bullet or shell casings behind!