Other Aberrant: Bigger, Stronger, Faster - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-07-2020, 03:28 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
The Fifth Baldwin
Hey Sir Swindle! After looking at your character, I realized that we both have biggish heads. Not positive what brain bulge does as an aberration, but I assumed it means you have a large head. Are you okay with that? I don't really mind changing my Big Head aberration to something else. I don't want to step on any toes.

Also I'm new to this site. How did you all set up your characters with links to your power descriptions?

Last edited by The Fifth Baldwin; 02-07-2020 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:32 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 240
Sir Swindle Sir Swindle Sir Swindle
Figured it didn't matter much mechanically where the extra brain matter was hanging from.

I figured you would have a mega-mind bulgey brain. I went with it is coming out of the back of my head like Star Wars Twi-lek head tails (lekku).

Head swelling is pretty common for Nova's with Mega-Mental Stats or High Node. So I doubt we are the only ones with similar Aberrations.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:59 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Bigmig
@Baldwin using {TT="power name"}description here{/TT} but with regular square brackets and not curly ones. If you want you can quote someone's post and you will be able to see what they used to make their sheet look how it does.
Old 02-07-2020, 04:11 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Bigmig
Also @kanly, I know you got 1 extra "Bruised" health from being big but where are you getting the second one from? Depending on what it is I might try and get it on Behemoth eventually.
Old 02-07-2020, 04:26 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4400
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
It's from mega stamina
It would be from Mega stamina If I had level 2. My Bad, I will pull it ASAP.
Also, you can purchase extra health levels with Body modifications.

Last edited by kanly; 02-07-2020 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-07-2020, 04:30 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
The Fifth Baldwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmig View Post
@Baldwin using {TT="power name"}description here{/TT} but with regular square brackets and not curly ones. If you want you can quote someone's post and you will be able to see what they used to make their sheet look how it does.
Thank you, Bigmig
Old 02-07-2020, 04:30 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
The Fifth Baldwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Swindle View Post
Figured it didn't matter much mechanically where the extra brain matter was hanging from.

I figured you would have a mega-mind bulgey brain. I went with it is coming out of the back of my head like Star Wars Twi-lek head tails (lekku).

Head swelling is pretty common for Nova's with Mega-Mental Stats or High Node. So I doubt we are the only ones with similar Aberrations.
Okay, just wanted to double check
Old 02-07-2020, 04:47 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 263
Shaquille Oatmeal Shaquille Oatmeal Shaquille Oatmeal
It appears most of us are good to go. I can still fit one more person, so I’m going to give the ad a few more days.

I’m the meanwhile, if you want, you can all determine if your characters know each other. And if so, how? Are you already a functioning cell?

Alternately, you could say that none of you know each other and that you are brought together for the first time during this game.
Old 02-07-2020, 04:51 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
There is no reasonable option other than we all know each other.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:01 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Bigmig
As long as all the nova's are team players I think we can get away with some higher-up calling us all together for the first time for some special job, but I'm honestly good with whatever.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:08 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
There is no reasonable option other than we all know each other.
I completely disagree. There are many different ways that we can be connected or not to each other. Earlier there was talk of some of us being in a band, there could be familial relationships we could be doing favors for our mentors, the faction could just tell us something that needs to be done, we could all attend the same event, etc... Of course it could any combination there of, and be different for each and every player.
Interpersonal dynamics can be... complex.

Last edited by kanly; 02-07-2020 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:28 PM
Semper Fi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 757
Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk
I think there are alot of good role-playing opportunities that stem from starting out separate or only being acquaintances. Much like the first episode of many tv shows (Leverage comes to mind). Speaking of which, now that our characters have taken shape, we need a faction to be a part of. Originally I had suggested the Suits but maybe that isn't the best idea in the world. I'm completely open to suggestions.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:32 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanly View Post
I completely disagree. There are many different ways that we can be connected or not to each other. Earlier there was talk of some of us being in a band, there could be familial relationships we could be doing favors for our mentors, the faction could just tell us something that needs to be done, we could all attend the same event, etc... Of course it could any combination there of, and be different for each and every player.
Interpersonal dynamics can be... complex.
Sure, Quetz and Gehemoth were in a band, Fabricator and the Prof were in a book club with Koko, Fab boned Quetz's sister that one time. Then we joined this cell did some stuff and we can start the game.

I don't like spending the first night of an in person game coming up with convoluted ways for a bunch of guys to get along. I certainly don't want to spend a month and a half doing it in a PBP.
Old 02-07-2020, 06:28 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Sure, Quetz and Gehemoth were in a band, Fabricator and the Prof were in a book club with Koko, Fab boned Quetz's sister that one time. Then we joined this cell did some stuff and we can start the game.

I don't like spending the first night of an in person game coming up with convoluted ways for a bunch of guys to get along. I certainly don't want to spend a month and a half doing it in a PBP.
*shrugs*
I don't know, as far as I'm concerned, that's 90% of what RP is. Coming up with interesting and consistent answers to the questions that face our characters. What is more basic than "Why are we here?"

Last edited by kanly; 02-07-2020 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-07-2020, 07:27 PM
Semper Fi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 757
Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk
Do people still say "boned"? I thought that went out with Cindy Lauper and feathered hair.

Anyway, I'm all for not knowing each other to begin with.