Other Aberrant: Bigger, Stronger, Faster - Page 9 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-09-2020, 01:40 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 263
Shaquille Oatmeal Shaquille Oatmeal Shaquille Oatmeal
Someone messaged me with this question, so I’ll post this answer here.

As far as your faction within the Teragen goes, it doesn’t really matter. Teragen factions are not formalized orders and crossing faction lines is very common. A mixed cell is not unusual, nor is it out of the ordinary to associate or work with groups other than your own. That said, I recommend avoiding affiliation with the more extreme groups in the Teragen, such as the Primacy and the Harvesters (and some of the more radical elements of Nova Vigilance).

Alternately, many Terats are faction agnostic and don’t align with any particular group. That’s also an option. Ultimately, it won’t have a huge impact on the game.
Old 02-09-2020, 02:27 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Unfortunately, Kerchunk has had to bow out of the game. So I’m open to one more player potentially joining up with us. If no one else applies in the next few days, then we’ll start with what we’ve got.
Old 02-09-2020, 02:48 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
The Fifth Baldwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille Oatmeal View Post
Unfortunately, Kerchunk has had to bow out of the game. So I’m open to one more player potentially joining up with us. If no one else applies in the next few days, then we’ll start with what we’ve got.
Too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Greenteeth
Also, does Professor Singularity want a lab assistant? Eve makes a pretty awesome lab assistant (Fast Tasks, Engineering Prodigy and Synergy)
“Indubitably! Professor Singularity welcomes those with the right amount of genius and a touch of perceived insanity! But beware! To work in my laboratory means never stopping to ask ‘what’s the worst that could happen?’ Science demands pushing the envelope!”

Last edited by The Fifth Baldwin; 02-09-2020 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:13 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 211
Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Baldwin View Post
“Indubitably! Professor Singularity welcomes those with the right amount of genius and a touch of perceived insanity! But beware! To work in my laboratory means never stopping to ask ‘what’s the worst that could happen?’ Science demands pushing the envelope!”
"Well, with a name like Professor Singularity, I'm guessing the worst that could happen might involve accidentally releasing a black hole that consumes the entire planet in a matter of moments. Also, I'm pretty sure that Science demands documentation, publishing and independent verification of results. Pushing the envelope is just fun. So, have you got a moon base yet?"
Old 02-10-2020, 02:46 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 231
Sir Swindle Sir Swindle Sir Swindle
Posted some backstory and description into my sheet.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:00 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3541
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
Sorry for lack of communication, but I have been sick for the last few days.
Old 02-15-2020, 02:57 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
My apologies everybody. Got swamped with work the last few days. I haven’t forgotten about the game.

Good news is that the Aberrant game has been approved by the admin. I will be making the first post for the game by Monday.

I may message some of you this weekend if I have any last minute questions.
Old 02-15-2020, 02:58 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Swindle View Post
Posted some backstory and description into my sheet.
Thank you, Sir.
Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
A note about experience...

XP will be awarded each time the group reaches a particular point in the story; often times at the end of a battle, or a long or important scene. XP will be awarded in lump sums. I tend to award sizeable amounts of XP due to the fact that PbP moves so slowly. If I adhered to the actual criteria for XP, it’d take forever for anyone to make progress. Consequently, I err on the side of being generous.
Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Oh something else to consider before the game begins is your character’s Archetype. Some of you have already noted your Archetype on your sheets. For those who haven’t, here is a run down:

Teragen novas have two traits that no one else in Aberrant gets: Archetype and Chrysalis.

Archetype reflects how your nova views himself through the lens of Teragen philosophy, and his path of evolution from human to something more. Archetype options are detailed in the Teragen Primer thread. Each of you picks an Archetype. Archetypes provide guidelines for personality traits, powers, and aberrations. However, these aren’t hard rules, just suggestions.

Chrysalis is the ability of some Terats to enter a sort of quantum cocoon, in which they take an evolutionary leap, coming out more powerful but less human. Everyone starts with a Chrysalis rating of zero. Once you’ve accumulated some permanent Chrysalis points, they can be cashed in to enter Chrysalis. However it takes a while to accrue the points needed to do this, so it’s not something that’ll affect you anytime soon. The short term benefit of Chrysalis is that it permits a Terat to tolerate larger amounts of Taint before becoming an unplayable character.

A character cannot enter Chrysalis for the first time without the help of a mentor.

Last edited by Shaquille Oatmeal; Yesterday at 02:33 PM.