RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-01-2020, 11:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9857
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Rise of the Stellarkings

Game NameRise of the Stellarkings
Game SystemStarfinder
ThemeRise of the Runelords IN SPACE!
FlavourWorld Destroying Evil, Unknown Heroes, Uncovering the Path
Plot SummaryThe space station Starpoint is medium sized station located in the Rukbat sector. A region of independent space, it is colonized by humans, but is home to all manner of species both normal and exotic. With no central government, law and order fall to the blaster and sword. However despite the roughness of sector, great wealth can be found here and it draws explorers, adventurers, and academia all in equal measure. It is here you found yourself drawn, on the last of your credits looking for a break. The station of Starpoint had a disaster five years ago when a ruptured fuel line exploded destroying the station chapel. It has taken a long time, but the citizens rebuilt it larger and grander, extending the hull and reworking the station. Now home to a mighty cathedral, they wait for a solar eclipse to occur in the upcoming week before they dedicate the new cathedral to Desna. As you wait for the ceremony, you set out to enjoy the Swallowtail Festival occurring on the station.

Sector InformationI am going to break it down from large to small.

Our SectorRukbat Sector- The formal region designation of this area of space. Towards the galactic core it is bordered by Retori Sector home to the Chelix Empire. Towards the western galactic edge is unknown space minus a handful of small solar systems that have been founded. These are mostly home to pirate and outlaw operations. Towards the Eastern Galactic Edge, the Christi system home to five or six small kingdoms. It has no formal government and is instead divided between 4 small solar empires and uncharted wilderness. Throughout this are small mining, exploration, and farming communities that trade with the four systems.

Player Portion

Deadline is Friday 2/21. I am will be making selections on Saturday.

So you are interested and want to apply. Some basic answers that always come up,

Pathfinder Races from the back of the core book are acceptable.
Wealth is standard. Everyone will start with 5 days of food, a canteen, and a 25 credit outfit in addition to whatever gear you buy.
Ability Scores will be Point Buy.

Additional, we will be using traits. You may pick 2, one from Rise of Runelords Player Guide. Please use this conversion guide for the skills and type bonus conversion. For gold to credits, it is 1 to 1 if you get bonus starting money from one. You may not use flaws or gain a third trait.

Here is what I need from you

Name:
Species:
Class:
Theme:
Description:
Personality:
Background:

DM PortionSo about me. I have been a DM and player here for just over 9 years now. Well at work, I thought of how much fun I had running Rise of the Runelords several years ago so I decided to do it again. However I wanted to give it a fun twist so I will be converting it to a Starfinder Game. Meaning well the basic idea of Rise of the Runelords and the plot will happen, things will be altered to work with the IN SPACE theme.

Last edited by mightymconeshot; 02-13-2020 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-01-2020, 11:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Player Name Character Name Species Class Theme Complete
KeanteHaliconShirrenSoldier Sensate No
abc123 FilthYsoki Mechanic Outlaw No
Icarus434R-T4K5 (Artaks) Android Soldier OutlawYes
Fearositos Krom Damya Lashuntas Envoy ScholarYes
Exhbit A Ellie-5 Android Biohacker Scholar Yes
rngrbob Torin Kev Lashunta Korasha Solarian Spacefarer Yes
Bellona Quinn Human Mystic (Akashic) Spacefarer Yes
Silent Rain Jake Orwell Human Vanguard GladiatorYes
PaleShadow Danica Vera Human Witchwarper Bounty Hunter Yes

Q and A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keante View Post

Do you have a posting rate in mind?
It will be sporadic this month. I am closing on my house and moving, however it isn't that hard to run an advert thread and take care of making characters. After that, outside of my few weeks of crunch time in May and December when I am doing grades/concerts, it will be 2 to 3 times a week depending on how much player action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibit A View Post
Will you allowing races from outside the CRB?
Starfinder races yes, pathfinder races or homebrew no, but I will need a SRD link for it as all of my books are packed. Also, I reserve the right to say no to anything not core or create a modified weaker version if it with you if it seems extremely strong compared to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
It would be my first time with Starfinder, would that be a problem?
Not at all. New players to both system and site are welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus434 View Post
I was a bit confused by the trait selection. You said we can pick two, one from ROTRL so where can I choose the other trait? Are 2 traits optional?
For the second trait, you have to convert it from Pathfinder 1E. The link I included will tell you if a skill name was changed like Knowledge Local to Culture for example. If you need more help figuring out how to convert it let me know and I can look at it.

But here is a list of what is probably close to every trait ever published for Pathfinder. Some are probably more useful than others, but again let me know if need help converting one or ideas. You don't have to take two, however it is a free bonus to your character so there is almost no conceivable reason not to take a second one.

Last edited by mightymconeshot; 02-10-2020 at 10:26 PM.
Old 02-02-2020, 09:44 AM
...go on.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 897
Keante Keante Keante Keante Keante Keante Keante
Cool!

Honestly, I love this idea. Do you have a posting rate in mind?
Old 02-02-2020, 10:00 AM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 60972
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Cool idea, mighty!

(and let me say, I've been gaming with Mighty for almost 7 of those 9 years? More?

He's a steady, solid gamer.)
Old 02-02-2020, 10:57 AM
DAGRON

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5896
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
Love this idea. Will you allowing races from outside the CRB?
Old 02-02-2020, 11:34 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
8 of 9.

It will be sporadic this month. I am closing on my house and moving, however it isn't that hard to run an advert thread and take care of making characters. After that, outside of my few weeks of crunch time in May and December when I am doing grades/concerts, it will be 2 to 3 times a week depending on how much player action.

Starfinder races yes, pathfinder races or homebrew no, but I will need a SRD link for it as all of my books are packed. Also, I reserve the right to say no to anything not core or create a modified weaker version if it with you if it seems extremely strong compared to others.
Old 02-02-2020, 03:16 PM
...go on.

Tools
User Statistics
Keante's ApplicationName: Halicon
Species: Shirren
Class: Soldier
Theme: Sensate
Description:
Personality:
Background:

Last edited by Keante; 02-03-2020 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-02-2020, 07:01 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Cap Ut
A few questions:
- What exactly can we take from Rise of Runelords for character creation, apart from the trait?
- From which sources can we choose the second trait?

Last edited by Cap Ut; 02-02-2020 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-02-2020, 08:38 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24685
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Fantastic idea! Good luck.
Old 02-02-2020, 09:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I don't understand your first question. Species, Class, and Theme should be Starfinder or converted Pathfinder (from the back of the Core Book). Location wise, Starpoint has all the various spots and people of Sandpoint, just in a space station instead of a town on the coast and more non-named NPCs. The various regional locations all exist except instead of being a nearby bandit den or mountain range, it will be a moon base or a asteroid belt in a nearby system. Most of the galactic map is generated from the world map of Pathfinder, just expand it 3D instead of flat surface. So Chelix on the map is bordering to the south, in this universe it is a region of space towards the Galactic Core. I hope that helps.

Any from a Paizo source book outside of another adventure path. A good list can be found d20pfsrd.com
Old 02-04-2020, 12:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I see a lot of interest, but not many apps. If there is anything I can clarify or assist with, let me know.

Last edited by mightymconeshot; 02-04-2020 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-04-2020, 03:52 PM
...go on.

Tools
User Statistics
It could be helpful to proactively work through those RotR campaign traits.

I'm kind of inclined to have the connection to Daviren Hosk, but what would Goblin Squash Stables become in this setting? And I'm guessing the trait benefit would be something other than the horse and related equipment.
Old 02-04-2020, 04:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I will see if I can make some time and re-write them all.
Old 02-04-2020, 05:36 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4625
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Posting interest. Should have something up by the end of the week.
Old 02-05-2020, 06:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I have updated traits for the Campaign Guide in my first post.