RPXP: 0
Bellona
QuinnName Quinn
Species Human
Class Mystic [Akashic]
Theme Spacefarer

Description
left-aligned image

Quinn blends into a crowd as she is neither a towering giant nor a scurrying Gnome. She is a human female with long, unkempt brown hair with a mind of its own, and deep green eyes that hunger for knowledge. Her frame is sturdy, slim, and portrays years of rugged adventuring and constant movement. Quinn can often be seen carrying a knapsack full of various books, datapads, and an odd trinket or two. She tends to wear mundane clothing--dark browns and tans, if possible--in order to draw little attention to herself and to not have to worry about clothing upkeep.

Personality
Quirky. Focused. Opinionated. Quinn is a young woman who is not afraid to speak her mind when it comes to the mistreatment of individuals. She believes in doing what is right and helping those who cannot help themselves. But Quinn is driven by her desire to uncover the mystery behind The Energy and will chase a lead with unrelenting determination.

Background
I was born on Kaer Maga 25 years ago. While I cannot prove this, I believe my birth was a mere accident, or a mere happenstance of two lovers lost in a world surrounded by crime and death. I also believe it is a miracle I am alive. I was birthed to a rusty medical droid and cared for by my mother for only a few days before my parents left me on a shopkeeper's doorstep and left me behind. Fortunately, this shopkeeper was benevolent and kept me alive. I would write "raised me," as would be tradition, but the disgruntled, old Lashunta woman who kept me alive constantly berated me and turned me into a living servant around my fifth birthday.

The only benefit I can attribute to my birth on Kaer Maga is my connection to The Energy. My Lashunta caregiver was gifted in The Energy and could manipulate small objects to her will as well as read minds. Even when I performed tasks around her shop such as cleaning or keeping inventory, I would always find time to watch this woman wave her hand and move items from one place to another by mere thought alone. I was fascinated. I do not know how it manifested in me, only that I was able to move objects with my mind after I fell one day, knocked into a table, and almost sent a damaged droid torso crashing on top of me. I reached out with my hand and the torso froze in the air. I moved out of the way and the torso clambered to the floor. I earned a few whips from my provider but I tapped into The Energy for the first time in my life. It changed me. Forever.

As I aged, I started to question The Energy. Where did it come from? What is it? Why do I have it, but the beggar down the street does not? I began researching as much as I could about The Energy near my tenth birthday but soon realized there was not much for me to get my hands on to actually read. So I made my escape. I hide aboard a visiting freighter and left my home behind. I do not regret my decision in the least.

For the next fifteen years I called dozens of spaceships my home as I ventured from planet to planet, abandoned station to abandoned station, looking for anything that would tell me about The Energy. I believe I am the only one who is trying to determine what this mystical force is. It is my job--no, my duty--to document everything I uncover in order to discover what The Energy is and how it can be used. This is why I write this entry aboard the great Starpoint space station. I used most of my remaining credits to charter a ride here. I believe the upcoming Swallowtail Festival combined with the unveiling of the new cathedral to Dresna will bring exotic travelers, and exotic travelers will bring exotic texts and tomes. Hopefully.

Last edited by Bellona; 02-08-2020 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-08-2020, 11:23 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4712
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
right-aligned image

Name: Jake Orwell
Species: Human
Class: Soldier
Theme: Gladiator

Description: Jake is of average height for a human and has dark eyes and short cropped hair (a habit from his gladiator days). His clothes are almost always formal and expensive, but not ornate. For Jake, function always trumps form. His meticulous attention to detail lends itself to his attire, as it is normally orderly and well cared for. His face is kept clean shaven, not because he dislikes beards, but because he finds it more orderly.

Personality: Jake is a creature of extremes. Normally, he is quite and reserved (some would even say polite), but can explode into violent outbursts should the need arise. Even then, his actions are not fueled by anger or rage, but by a matter-of-fact focus to utilize whatever means necessary to get the job done. Those that are close to him know that there is a pool of chaos swirling beneath his calm veneer that he has long since learned to temper into a controlled force of destruction. Though he now works as a freelance mercenary since his gladiator days are behind him, he still possesses a strong moral compass that informs all decisions he makes and jobs he accepts.

Background: From a young age, Jake never could stay down. As he was usually sticking his neck out for someone else that could not protect themselves, he often found himself on the receiving end of numerous beatings in his youth. Some he won, most he didn't, but whatever the case, he was always standing at the end of it, regardless of his injuries, staring down his opponent.

As he grew older, not much changed. He joined the Korvosa military and found belonging and a family there, but ultimately he was not content with the restrictions on what he could and could not do. Having left the military and in need of credits, he began fighting in entry-level gladiator combat in Korvosa. He was not the best fighter in the arena, but was always the last one standing. The crowds began to love the punishment he could endure and the arena sponsors loved that he was attracting crowds. He quickly moved up to higher profile fights and was eventually dubbed 'The Immortal'. Fans would scream his name when they saw him in the streets and greet him with praise. He had become a celebrity.

This lasted for a few years until one day a man greeted him as he was preparing to enter the arena. The man informed him that tonight, he would fall and stay down. He told Jake that he worked for the Helios Syndicate out of Riddleport. Even Jake had heard of Helios, though he had never seen any presence of them in Korvosa. He could only assume that they were betting heavily against the odds of Jake falling. Before the man left, he said that if Jake did not do as he was asked, there would be consequences. Not one to take threats well, he fought one of his best matches that evening. Later that night, Jake received news that his father had been brutally beaten and killed that very night. He left for Riddleport the next day.

With only his burning desire to make the Helios Syndicate pay for what they had done, Jake entered the underground to-the-death fights under an assumed name and wearing a mask. He knew that if he attracted enough attention, the leader of the Syndicate, a man by the name of Hector Lindossa, might visit him before a big fight as he had heard of him doing numerous times before. Jake spent two years working his way up the underground fighting circuit until Hector greeted him one night while he was getting ready for his next fight. He asked Jake to remove his mask, which he did. Hector looked upon Jake's face, trying to place it. He saw the look in his eyes as he realized who's face he was looking upon. Hector rose to yell for his guards, but it was too late. Jake moved with practiced ease and stabbed him twice in the heart with a knife. Jake watched in grim satisfaction as the light faded from his eyes. The Helios Massacre is what that night later became known as, reported that a masked arena fighter brutally killed every last Syndicate member down to a man and then simply disappeared.

Jake returned to Korvosa and began working as a freelance mercenary, taking the odd job to make end's meet. Unfortunately, much of the work available was exceedingly illegal and Jake only took jobs where innocents were not harmed. So it was that he found himself in Starpoint, a last ditch attempt to find work, having spent the last of his credits to get there.

Last edited by Silent Rain; 02-20-2020 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-08-2020, 12:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9857
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Some feedback for completed apps.

Old 02-08-2020, 01:28 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Old 02-08-2020, 02:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
You have a choice for that. If you want more of an underground street fighting type, pretty much anywhere is appropriate.

A unarmed type of leaques (boxing/martial arts/MMA) would have tours or home grown league around inhabited areas so that would be appropriate anywhere as well. A small town/station might hold annual boxing matches during New years or something similar. Big city /station would have regular tournaments, guilds, sponsorships.

The formal weapon use leaques are in the big empires. So Magnimar and Korvosa both have small ones that are very formal, no death, blunt weapons etc., But hold regular competitions year round.

Riddleport and Kaer Maga both are closer to the death bloodsport style. Competitions are very regular. They feature a lot of betting and gambling on the matches. Some are dirty slave/criminal fights where it is 5 or 6 criminals against some beast or maybe a gang fight between groups. But weekend matches are extremely common where as big ones happen usually every few months.

If you go out of this region of space, feel free to create one.

So depending on how you see your gladiator, you have a set of choices.

Last edited by mightymconeshot; 02-08-2020 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-08-2020, 04:43 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
PaleShadow
left-aligned image
Name: Danica Vera
Species: Human
Class: Witchwarper
Theme: Bounty Hunter

Description: Danica has been through a lot and it shows. Her red hair is often wild and hangs loosely around her pale features. She often tries to look nice but more often than not her outfit is ragged and torn. Her right eye was gouged out when she was younger by a team of mercenaries dressed in black and she wears a band around her face to hide the missing eye. Her remaining eye is a light brown that sometimes looks almost orange or red when she's in the heat of battle.

Personality: Danica had a rough childhood but she tries not to let it get her down. Full of bravado, she has a forceful personality and can be quick to anger if she doesn't get her way. If anyone tries to get in her way they'll soon suffer her wrath. However, with those who respect her she can be quite pleasant.

Background: Danica grew up in Riddleport and had a mostly quiet pleasant childhood despite the areas high crime rate. Her parents were loving and kind and when she began to manifest magical powers they found her a small magical academy, the Institute of Magical Understanding (or IMU), where she could learn to control them. Danica was nervous of her powers at first, afraid that she might cause someone else to come to harm. The headmaster of the IMU, Professor Ceranno, took a particular interest in Danica, sensing a great latent power that could either propel her to great achievement or destroy her. Over the course of two years the patient instructors gradually eased her fears and she started to learn some modicum of control, even finding ways to use her powers to make people smile or laugh.

All good things must come to an end, and the end to Danica's peaceful childhood came swiftly when she was 17. A group of dark cloaked mercenaries came to Riddleport stirring up trouble and asking questions about old magical artifacts. They quickly came to the IMU, and despite the heroic actions of the professors, they were able to break into the archives, steal ancient records and unfortunately even killed several of the students. Like headmaster Ceranno, they also took particular interest in Danica, but their interest was more sinister. They pinned Danica down and ripped out her eye with a strange ritual dagger telling her that her eye contained latent magical energy that would be better served for their purposes. This brutal attack where Danica lost not only her eye, but many of her friends, shattered her previously innocent view of the world.

It took her some time to recover but when she was healed Danica swore vengeance against the black-cloaked killers. She refused to return to the IMU even after repairs were complete, the need to find the people who had stolen her eye and killed her friends consumed her. She went to the local law enforcement but they were hesitant to assist, and even her own parents were oddly unhelpful. Becoming increasingly unstable and distrustful of others, she ran away from home, using her powers to take jobs as a bounty hunter to make a living while she sought information on the mysterious black-cloaked killers. It's been 3 years since the attack on the IMU. 3 years of a life on the road, and this time hunting down violent criminals has done nothing to cool Danica's increasingly hot temper. She had a few leads soon after the attack as to where the black-cloaked killer's might be operating, eventually those leads brought her to StarPoint after hearing a rumor of mysterious strangers dressed in black visiting the spaceport. Arriving at StarPoint she's keeping an eye out for more work and, hopefully, information on the gang that stole her eye.

Last edited by PaleShadow; 02-12-2020 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-09-2020, 01:54 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
@mightymconeshot History has been added to my app. I believe that it should now be complete. Please let me know if you need anything else.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:33 AM
Mandalorian Bounty Hunter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 490
rngrbob rngrbob rngrbob rngrbob rngrbob
Old 02-09-2020, 07:30 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56
Icarus434
Fair enough, Mighty. Let me rework some stuff and I'll just change the original post.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:14 PM
DAGRON

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5896
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A

Last edited by Exhibit A; 02-10-2020 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-10-2020, 06:53 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Icarus434
I have altered my original background. Let me know what you think, Mighty.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I will see if I can get a second round up/response/review tomorrow evening. I don't have time today.
Old 02-11-2020, 04:24 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Icarus434
Also, I changed my theme to Mercenary. Hope that's cool.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:40 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Did a second round of reviews looking at the changes. If I missed anyone, let me know.

Last edited by mightymconeshot; 02-11-2020 at 10:41 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 01:07 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
PaleShadow