User Statistics
RPXP: 5636
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Isekai

Game NameIsekai
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeNormal people summoned as heroes to save another world
FlavourMeta humor, politics, war
Plot SummaryIn the land of Lodos, something unprecedented has happened. The savage races have joined forces to cut a bloody swath of destruction across the kingdoms of the civilized peoples. Knowing they cannot win against such numbers and reckless hate, they prey to the heavens to send them heroes, and those heroes, are you.

You are an ordinary human from earth. Maybe you’re a nerd who dreams about being magically summoned to a fantasy world, maybe you’re a blue-collar worker who only thinks about retirement, maybe you’re a middle class family man focused on your kids’ education. Whoever you are, you are completely unaware that you are about to be called to a fantasy world where the fate of the world will be placed on your shoulders.

I’m looking for five 1st level characters

Race: human
Class: any official class.
Alignment: any good.
Stats: roll 2d6 +6 reroll 1s

What to expect:

Low magic setting, but not characters
Can choose one rare magic item to receive
Necromancy is not considered evil
Lots of big battles but also role playing

Application
Name
Nationality
Class
Backstory
Personality

Deadline 2/20

PlayerCharacterClassStatus
triedtherestJohn BlackArtificerComplete
ColorsOfTheHeart Elliot QuinnWarlock Complete
Elanir Michael VogtCleric Complete
DechadoSandraRangerComplete
Krow NestRock VahnBarbarianComplete
WidowsBaneWillow DunneedRangerComplete
MaximumUnicornSelene O'Reilly Bard Complete
Runetide Elton GrayWarlock Complete
KarlCullinane Jarnus HoothwaiMonkComplete
Chaos HavikBrian MooreFighterComplete
JohnStoneTatiana MoonRogueIncomplete
DuskskullyYorick IvanovPaladinComplete
MontageManiacNicholas LancasterWizardComplete
penbeast0 Dorothy DruidComplete

Last edited by Togot; 02-16-2020 at 01:17 AM.
Old 02-02-2020, 04:24 AM
Destroyer of Dreams

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 730
telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar
Someone has caught the dreaded Isekai-tis.
Old 02-02-2020, 05:56 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1554
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Hm, random stats, eh? Lets see how this goes.

Last edited by SalmonMax; 02-02-2020 at 05:59 AM.
Old 02-02-2020, 10:03 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24658
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Quote:
Originally Posted by telcontar View Post
Someone has caught the dreaded Isekai-tis.
*stoically adjusts glasses*

Dont worry Telcontar, I keep an AV cart handy at all times just for situations like this!

*Presses play on VHS machine*
Old 02-02-2020, 11:45 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 321
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Completed!

I deleted a roll with incorrect parameters.
Warning: rolls have been deleted from this post.

Last edited by triedtherest; 02-08-2020 at 06:28 AM.
Old 02-02-2020, 02:38 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3287
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
A very interesting concept! Let‘s see what the dice gods have in store...

Last edited by Elanir; 02-02-2020 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-02-2020, 02:52 PM
MostlyMaddeninglyMadMan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4974
Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad
*DICE]6x 2d6+6rc1[/DICE] For those that want a simple way to roll this up. (Replace * with [ )
"There's a slope down toward evil, a gentle gradient that can be ignored at each step, unfelt. It's not until you look back, see the distant heights where you once lived, that you understand your journey." - Prince of Thorns
Old 02-02-2020, 03:19 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for the tip, dear Mostly! It seems I am bound to make things difficult for me and others.

Interested in the game?
Old 02-02-2020, 03:25 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1536
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Oh this looks interesting. Let's see if the characters in this are less terrible than the ones in the actual anime.

...I say as I immediately start working on a lawyer.

Application-Complete
right-aligned image

Name: Elliot Quinn

Nationality: Irish

Class: Warlock (Great Old One Patron)

Backstory: Elliot is the youngest of three brothers. Born to Paul and Martha Quinn. His childhood was a normal, happy one, filled with family, laughter, and the occasional spat with his older brothers. It was in high school when everything started going bad. Puberty makes everything more awkward after all. Especially when you realize that you aren't normal. Elliot had never had crushes on girls when he was younger. But it was when he couldn't take his eyes off the guys at his school, especially during gym class, that he realized that he liked men and not women. Something that would only grow stronger as he got older.

The summer before his last year in school was the worst portion of his life to date. It was late at night, he and his oldest brother Callum were coming home from the premier of a movie they had both wanted to see. His brother was driving and he was in the passenger seat. At an intersection they were driving through like normal, when they were suddenly slammed into by a drunk driver. The driver side of their car was T-boned. Elliot's memories of the event are nearly nonexistent, the one thing he does recall is seeing is his brother, his neck twisted in an unnatural angle and glassy eyes staring back at him. Callum was killed almost instantly, his neck broken on impact.

Elliot was in a medically induced coma for about two weeks after the accident. The driver had gotten off with minor injuries and was already in prison awaiting trial. Elliot had multiple broken bones, a concussion, lacerations, a whole lot of bruising. Worst of all was that his right foot had to be amputated, having been crushed beyond recognition. Physically it took him a long time to recover. Mentally, well, he's still working on that and will probably never fully get over it.

It was while working with the prosecutors that Elliot decided he wanted to be a lawyer. He wasn't healthy enough to return to school yet when it started, so he finished his last year online. After that he went to university in order to get his law degree. Upon graduating, he immediately got a job as a lawyer. He's been working for the past several years for the same prosecutor that put the man who killed his brother behind bars.

During his two week coma, Elliot had vivid dreams. As if he was some place else while unconscious. During them he met an otherworldly woman who called herself the Time Witch. She claimed to be a creature that transcended time itself. Existing at all times at once, and yet none at all. She said she appeared to all in Elliot's state in order to protect them for the journey back to their bodies. But that everything came with a price. Elliot would owe her something in the future. Most did not accept her help. Elliot did. Thus he was able to wake up from his coma. He passed it all off as a result of the head injury and didn't think much of it for years. It is only upon his transportation to another world that he realizes that she is very much real.

Personality: Elliot is a level headed individual, able to stay calm in most situations. He is sympathetic and caring, and thus takes his job of prosecuting criminals very seriously. He's quite the charmer, one of those easy to talk to types. He's quick to listen, and slow to judge, that is the job of other people. He's clever and witty, able to spin words in ways that most people only dream of. He does have a competitive side as well as a combative one, taking challenges head on and not backing down until one side is the absolute victor. He's friendly enough, though he does like his solitude as well.

Though he is a talkative person, he seldom opens up about himself. He tends to be guarded in that sense. The accident messed him up both physically and mentally. He still has nightmares about the accident some nights, though they have gotten less frequent over the years. He does drink but refuses to let himself get drunk and still gets afraid and paranoid when getting behind the wheel of a vehicle, or even getting in a car at all. He suffers from paranoia, no longer being able to be in a crowd of people without being hyper aware of what other people are doing. His paranoia tends to lead to bouts of insomnia, which in turn makes the paranoia worse.

Last edited by ColorsOfTheHeart; 02-04-2020 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-02-2020, 05:03 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
@triedtherest, Entirely up to you. Quality is better than quantity. I just want an idea of what kind of person your character is and what their life is like
Old 02-02-2020, 06:11 PM
Watcher of the Myst

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1083
mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch
Are UA subclasses okay?

Old 02-02-2020, 06:13 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Michael Vogt
right-aligned image

Name: Michael Vogt
Nationality: German
Class: Cleric (Life Domain)

Backstory: Michael Vogt had accomplished by his late thirties everything he deemed as important in life. He was married to a lovely wife and had a two-year-old son that kept him on his toes – in a very good way. He worked in his own doctor’s office, had a staff of very capable and friendly individuals and thoroughly enjoyed the contact with the patients. He lived in a cosy house with a small garden that was perfect for lazy summer afternoons. All in all he had the perfect life – but it was also a life of constancy, each day repeated again and again.

In his younger days Michael had been a great fan of fantasy literature. He loved reading about mysterious, far away places of magic and wonder, often imagining how it would be to be living in a world where magical healing existed and where humans lived next to elves and possibly even goblins and orcs. As he grew older the time he could dedicate to his hobby became less and less, no more than a few days in month to play tabletop D&D or read one of his old Dragonlance novels.

It was only in the very rare occasions that he lay next to his wife unable to fall asleep, that he dared to even pose himself the old question: How would it be if he lived in a fantasy world like the ones that had given him such joy in the past? He sometimes imagined himself entering the Inn of the Last Home in Solace, holding in his hand Mishakal’s Blue Crystal Staff and meeting the Heroes of the Lance. He imagined himself channeling the power of the divine to heal ailments that even advanced medical science would fail to treat successfully. To use his magic to better the lives of those around him, bring them hope and keep them safe. With a smile Michael would eventually cease such ponderings and close his eyes in an attempt to fall asleep. There was no reason to be thinking about such silly things. Living in a fantasy world was something only children could dream of. There is absolutely no way such a thing could happen, is there?

Personality: Michael is a kind and understanding person, whose goal is the improvement of others‘ lives. Since both his father and grandfather had been medical doctors it was clear to him from a very young age that he wanted to follow in their footsteps. Having exactly the right amount of empathy allows him to both understand the patients‘ concerns and advise and treat them to the best of his ability.

Furthermore he is absolutely fascinated by the past, always eager to learn about ancient civilizations, their way of life and accomplishments. To occasionally visit a museum or read a history book is one of the pleasures he still allows himself despite his general lack of spare time.

Being a creature of habit, Michael likes things being organized and predictable. He loves spending hours planning even minor details of a trip or holiday and his wife soon realized that there are few things he hates more than surprises.

When anxious about something or stressed, he grows terribly quiet, a notable difference from his usually outgoing, pleasant self.

Above all else, Michael hates violence, both physical and verbal. He believes in finding a nonviolent solution to every problem and is eager for people to get along and cooperate. Mistrust and strife are some of the things that can really ruin his day.

Statistics:
Str 11, Con 16, Dex 12, Int 14, Wis 18, Cha 16

Magical Item: Staff of Healing („Blue Crystal Staff“)

Skills: History, Arcana, Medicine, Persuasion, Religion

Feat: Healer (from Human variant)

Last edited by Elanir; 02-12-2020 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-02-2020, 06:34 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
mystwatch, sorry but no
Old 02-02-2020, 06:44 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Garrettq
interest, stay tuned for a moderately successful petty criminal who just wants to get home back to his sibling/mother. Or maybe I'll spend someone who's overjoyed to get away from his crappy life to a realm he can rule like a king.

Last edited by Garrettq; 02-02-2020 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-02-2020, 06:50 PM
Watcher of the Myst

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1083
mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch
Hrm, so just published stuff, then? Are we just normal Human or can we be Variant Human? Let's see...