Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 993
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Dorothy "Liz" Harney
Class: Druid
right-aligned image

Nationality: Liz grew up in Lively, VA, a small county seat town on the Tappahannock Bay.

Backstory: "Liz" was actually short for Lizard breath, which she'd earned by going dinosaur crazy for, well, her entire teenage years. Still, it was better than "Dot" or "Dottie" which was what her family called her and no one outside her childhood friends needed to know that. She gone on to UVA undergrad and then George Mason for her PHD in archeology but didn't have the contacts or superstar grades to get one of the rare paleontology slots which would lead anywhere. So, she listed her Lene Lenape ancestry and leveraged her 1/4 Native American blood into field work on a dig near Roanoke. However, she was soon disappointed again as she found out that the tribal elders didn't like whites who tried to claim their ancestry, women with scientific degrees, or archeologists in general who they considered ghouls or grave robbers. To be fair, the more of her follow post docs she worked with, the more she was coming to agree with them.

Personality: Liz is smart, outdoorsy, and not terribly interested in romance or fiction. Her disappointments in her chosen field have left her with a thin veneer of sarcasm and cynicism, but underneath it is still the wide-eyed dinosaur nut that memorized the scientific name of every known dinosaur before turning 14.

Warning: rolls have been deleted from this post.

Last edited by penbeast0; 02-14-2020 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-02-2020, 08:20 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5636
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
you can fluff them around

mystwatch, you can do variant

Last edited by Togot; 02-02-2020 at 08:22 PM.
Old 02-02-2020, 10:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 232
Rave Rave Rave
But are the isekai'd characters hit by a truck?...

Edit...: im totally not just trolling. However i have no experience with 5e. I may or may not apply. Delends on my muse. But everyone do please enjoy

Last edited by Rave; 02-02-2020 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-03-2020, 11:31 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 321
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Is this based on a specific anime? I've tried looking for it, does anyone have a link?
Old 02-03-2020, 11:37 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 553
Thalric Thalric Thalric Thalric Thalric Thalric
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
Is this based on a specific anime? I've tried looking for it, does anyone have a link?
If I'm not mistaken, this looks related to "Rising of the Shield Hero"
Old 02-03-2020, 02:52 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5636
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
No, this isn't based on a specific anime, though it does take some inspiration from several.
Old 02-03-2020, 04:27 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 284
Dechado Dechado Dechado
Sounds fun! Let's see how it goes for me.
Sweet dice lady, smile upon me.

[EDIT]
Oh crap... If I had known I'd get those rolls, I'd have gone for a melee class lol

Last edited by Dechado; 02-06-2020 at 01:27 AM.
Old 02-03-2020, 05:07 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 321
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalric View Post
If I'm not mistaken, this looks related to "Rising of the Shield Hero"
Thanks, I have found it on YouTube. Hopefully any Royals in this game won't deserve a shield to the face like these ones do!
Old 02-03-2020, 05:36 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1910
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Application
left-aligned image
Name: First name is actually BROCK but he goes by RockRock Vahn

Nationality: American

Class: Barbarian (Totem Warrior)

Backstory: Rock lives with a divorced mother. His father, a while after the divorce, passed away in a car crash, leaving Rock with just his mother. The relationship between him and his mother slowly got more unstable, to the point where he either locks himself in his room or stays out of the house, just to stay away from her, since she tries to tell him what to grow up into.

It's graduation year... A consideration for a future does sound like a good idea. Though it seemed to not last long, while during a thunderstorm, while Rock was on his way home, lightning struck a nearby tree... the tree fell... and Rock woke up, elsewhere.

Personality: Rock is standoffish and can be blunt with his words. In rare cases, if he has any likeness to a person, he can try to be helpful, though his bluntness gets in the way of that. He enjoys music, a game of chess every so often, and meaty foods.

Dice Roll:
2d6+6rc1 (2, 6 (Rerolls: rerolled 1))+6 Total = 14
2d6+6rc1 (2, 3 (Rerolls: rerolled 1))+6 Total = 11
2d6+6rc1 (2, 6 (Rerolls: rerolled 1))+6 Total = 14
2d6+6rc1 (5, 6 (Rerolls: rerolled 1))+6 Total = 17
2d6+6rc1 (4, 4 (Rerolls: rerolled 1))+6 Total = 14
2d6+6rc1 (4, 4 (Rerolls: rerolled 1))+6 Total = 14
Old 02-03-2020, 05:50 PM
Pastel Goth Ki-Rin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1986
MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn
I've been thinking of doing an Isekei- based game myself, and now I don't have to! I'll get something together tonight.
Old 02-03-2020, 06:39 PM
for the love of kittehs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 41274
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Hi all, this is your friendly heads up that there may still be ways to hijack dice rolls in app threads which aren't immediately obvious to the poster of the thread (the GM). I don't think I saw any so far, but with editing posts and all, it is technically possible to do. If you want to be positive there's been no funny business with the dice, I recommend that you roll dice after the forum is created, which will be after there has been enough interest that the GM has a party plus choices (4-5 in party, assume 8-10 is enough to choose).

~ game approval mods
Old 02-03-2020, 09:55 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 178
WidowsBane WidowsBane
Application

Name: Willow Dunneed

Nationality: Australian

Class: Ranger

Backstory: Willow grew up in a small farming town in regional Victoria, Australia. Her mornings began before sun rise when she would go out and milk cows, collect eggs and make sure the cattle and sheep were okay. While she would get ready for school, her mother would cook breakfast for the family and just after 7am she would walk to the local bus stop. It took just over an hour and a half to reach school, and during that time she would catch up on reading her favorite series, "Adventures Await". School passed by slowly. She wasn't academically minded, she enjoyed reading and learning, but the classes just never seemed to apply to real world problems. If she wanted to study the Environment, she would plant trees in riverbanks to slow erosion, or test paddocks for their pH level to ensure a good crop. If she wanted to teach herself math, she would watch her father as he did the farm accounts and monitored livestock sales prices. Art, that could be anything from carving something from wood to painting a new mural on the side of the barn. English, well she learned plenty of interesting words from simply reading as much as she had time for.

After school she would change out of her uniform and put on dirty jeans, well faded, and a khaki button up shirt. Her trusty boots were worn almost through, but they still felt better than any other shoes she owned. This was Willow, the tom boy farm girl who was raised like her brothers. Wrestling sheep, practicing archery and shooting for hunting purposes and generally returning home for dinner covered in mud and dirt. This was real life, but she always wondered if something more was just over the horizon. Not shopping in the city, or sharing a sneaky beer with friends while fishing. Something bigger.

Personality: Willow is quiet, and curious, pondering many questions and keen to find answers. She is more likely to avoid confrontation than to charge headfirst into it, there is more than one way to get a bull into a pen. She is logical, and understands that panic and fear are very dangerous. So is being naive or arrogant. Generally she has a good grasp of how to control her feelings. You can only cry so many times from getting charged by a ram, or kicked by an angry cow. She has seen drought destroy their herds, and has put down many family pets. It is the way of the land, and she is tougher than most girls her age. She prides herself on knowing how to look after herself, but isn't afraid to ask for assistance.

Last edited by WidowsBane; 02-06-2020 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Added image+Magic Weapon+Stat block
Old 02-04-2020, 03:49 AM
Pastel Goth Ki-Rin

Tools
User Statistics
MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn
Application
left-aligned image
Name: Selene O'Reilly
Nationality: American (Irish descent)
Class: Bard (Collage of Swords)

Backstory: Minerva, Indiana is one of those weird little towns you'll run into every now and then across the Midwest that's tiny but extremely well-to-do and filled with upper-middle to lower-upper class rich folk. Selene was born and raised there, her father a hedge fund broker and her mother the typical Stepford wife. Her life in this tiny little bubble of wealth was farily typical with her peers, with two notable events influencing it. First, there was the 2008 Beijing Olympics, which allowed a young Selene to see fencing for the first time. She became fascinated with the sport to the point of obsession, and spent the remainder of her youth participating in it, even making State on the high school fencing team all four years.

The second, and far more personal, event was the 8th grade history report she wrote on the famed French fencer/opera singer Julie d’Aubigny. Going into the research, Selene had been wrestling with a deep internal self-doubt. She knew there was something different about herself, but she didn't have a good word to put to it. But something about d'Aubigny's infamous burning down of a convent to break out her girlfriend touched some deep part of the young woman's soul, and the next few months were spent on delving deep into the internet, devoring everything she could on the LGBTQ+ world.

Unfortunately, her parents were not the most thrilled to hear that there daughter had decided to start her freshman year of highschool by coming out as a lesbian, but treated it with dismisive apathy, convincing themselves it was just some type of phase. This lead to a slow-burning friction bewtween parents and child, and as she grew closer to the freedom of adulthood Selene tried to figure out a plan to get away from Minerva and live her life just like her historical idol. Now 18 and a high school senior, the days slowly count down towards the deadline of graduation, and the start of the new freedom...

Personality:: Selene is a rather personable young woman, always forthright and honest. She considers holding onto things and not sharing them just the same as lying, even if that runs to her detriment. She also possesses a natural charisma that makes people just like her, serving as both the vice-president for the student body the past two years and the elected leader of the high school's LGBT club before it was shut down.
Old 02-04-2020, 01:13 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1536
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Elliot's application is now complete!

I would also like to point out that there are two red headed, gay, Irish, characters in a very small number of applications and I love it.
Old 02-05-2020, 02:45 AM
Pastel Goth Ki-Rin

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsOfTheHeart View Post
I would also like to point out that there are two red headed, gay, Irish, characters in a very small number of applications and I love it.

I assure you, that was completely by accident.