DnD5e Eberron: The Fickle Tendrils of Fate - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-03-2020, 02:34 AM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7354
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
Complete

ApplicationAre you new?: To DnD5E or Eberron?: No
If not new to Eberron, is there a part of the world you would like to see explored?: I'll have to think about it, but I always wanted to go the the continent of dragons, might be out of the scope of this game though.

Particulars

Name: Karen and Janice
Race: Warforged Juggernaut and Cat
Class: Eldritch Knight

Background: Soldier (Infantry)
Trait: I face problems head-on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success.
Trait: I'm always polite and respectful.
Ideal: Greater Good. Our lot is to lay down our lives in defense of others. (Good)
Bond: I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.
Flaw: I made a terrible mistake in battle cost many lives and I would do anything to keep that mistake secret

History
Backstory

First there was light, it was the first thing that Karen could remember. She opened her ocular inputs and took in a blinding yet flickering light. She didn't know she was a she, she didn't know she was alive, she just new light for a few moments. After that she knew sound and then touch and smell. Taste never came, but she never expected it to anyways, by the time she knew it was missing she had already grappled with the fact that she was made and not born.

Her maker was the Artificer Beanado Squiggormol, a gnome who happened upon her discarded frame and just enough components to build her. She was scrapped together with as much precision as the poor gnome could manage. Karen never really saw him as a father figure, because within two days of activation he sold her to the Breland Army. At the time it was difficult, but the gnome was stern and harsh with her, so she held out hope that one day she would return to the Lower City in Sharn and confront him about her mistreatment.

Two years ago, when the army was done with her, Karen made her way back to Sharn and sought out the Beanado. She found the workshop where she was made, but it now housed a new set of tenants. She asked about the fate of her maker and the new owners mentioned something about debts that couldn't be managed.

Karen spent a year wandering around Sharn, she didn't need a bed to sleep in, so she lived rough on the street. She hadn't given up on life by any means, she just had to figure out her direction. One day she stumbled upon Morgraves University and began speaking to one of the lecturers. The lecturer was a human named Bennett Marks and he was a wizard with a cat familiar.

Karen was taken aback by the feline which was odd, because she had seen hundreds of alley cats in her time on the street, but this one seemed to be very interested in her. The grey tabby was charming and over the next few weeks during the meetings that she had to speak to the lecturer who was fascinated with her construction she formed an affection for the animal.

While there were several Warforged in the city, Bennett had ideas about them that he shared with Karen, but none of them seemed to ring true to her. He was also perplexed as to why she identified as a female, when nearly all warforged identified as male. Karen did not have an answer for him. Bennett's final experiment was to take Karen to the university library.

He showed her many dusty tomes, which she read with eagerness. She had little understanding of history, she was only five years old after all. The fact that the world had been carrying on for thousands of years and a record of the events existed was amazing to her. She was given leave to read and study in the library, and she made the most of it, spending several months pouring through the tomes. She eventually made her way to the books of magic. She started with theory, and then moved on to practical applications.

Bennett found out about her progress and was very excited about the knowledge that Karen had gained. He took her to one of the training rooms and showed her her first spells. Scribbling them down in a new spell book for her.

A week later Karen summoned Janice, an all black cat with piercing yellow eyes. She had a friend, or at the very least a servant who felt affection for her and she was glad of it.

One day it dawned on Karen that in a training room and with only the books at the library for company she was not living up to her full potential. She decided that she would seek out a means of helping others, it was only partially motivated by her want to learn and try new spells that Bennett and others had kept away from her, "for your own good", they had said.

Bennett recommended the Clifftop Adventurer's Guild. Karen applied. Now she and Janice are new members, eager to lend a hand to those less fortunate, and to fight evil where ever it is found.

Goals

In no particular order:
  • Find Beanado
  • Learn more magic
  • Help others
  • Learn what it means to be a warforged in a world dominated by soft bodies.

Roleplaying Sample

Bennett smiled, an expression that Karen could not manage herself, she instead developed the custom of tilting her head slightly forward and to the right in order to acknowledge. It seemed to do the trick for most people, especially after a couple times of meeting. The four of them, Bennett and his tabby Midas and Karen and her familiar Janice were in a training room. They were practicing spells. A straw dummy was on the other side of the room.

"Your magic isn't that strong yet Karen, you will need to be ready to strike with your fist as well as magic. You need to memorize your spells if you are expecting to be effective with both disciplines," Bennett said as he took a few steps from the large cobbled together warforged. He regarded her for a moment, before gesturing for her to put down her spellbook.

Karen agreed with Bennett's assessment of the feasibility of delivering both spells and fists in combat whilst trying to juggle a spellbook, she put it down. Bennett nodded sagely and then said, "Now let us see you cast that last spell from memory. Whenever you are ready."

Bennett took a few steps further away, a small group had gathered to see the warforged practice, behind a protective force wall. She wasn't an oddity for her ability to use magic, she was an oddity because she was obviously built for melee combat. She had huge steel fists and thick armor platting all over her body, even if it was mismatched, she appeared to be every bit the bruiser.

She readied herself and then began to picture the words in her mind, she put the syllables together and began to form the motions. She could feel the magical energy working up from deep inside her, she was doing it, and she did not have the book in front of her. Three darts of twisting energy formed above her head, the motions of her right hand were just about done and then with her left your made a pushing motion. All three darts sped off for the dummy, slamming it with magical energy. Straw flew out of the hapless proxy and when the third bolt hit the wooden post holding up the dummy shattered at the base.

Bennett clapped from beside her, Karen was concerned, "Will I need to pay for that dummy, Bennett? The excitement got the better of me, I do apologize for my excessive use of force."

Bennett laughed and said, "You did excellent Karen, this dummy is on the house."

Janice walked up with her tail held high over her back and a regal look upon her face. She rubbed up on Karens leg arching her back, Karen scooped her up absently.

Bennett chuckled, "Look even Janice is impressed with your growing magical talent Karen."

If Karen could have smiled she would have then.

Last edited by Pendragon; 02-07-2020 at 03:35 AM.
Old 02-03-2020, 03:04 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2444
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Hey Pendragon, haven't seen ya for sometime!
Old 02-03-2020, 03:32 AM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7354
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
Hi Seekr34, nice to see you. I was thinking about doing a druid too, possibly spore druid, but I decided I would try something else completely different. I have never committed to a Wizard before, and this one has a bit of a twist with the level of Cleric in there. I thought it would make an interesting character.

Good luck with your application
Old 02-03-2020, 06:08 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3073
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Very interesting! I have been looking to get into an Eberron game since picking up the book. I'll have a think about what kind of character I want to apply with.

Since, as you mention, creating an actual character sheet can help with developing the character concept, it would help to know what method we'll use for generating stats.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by kymrel; 02-03-2020 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-03-2020, 08:01 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 106
MarsComulus MarsComulus
Application

• Name: Leslie Mycroft St. Claire (pronounced Sinclaire. Yes, really.)
  • Race: Human Variant
  • Class: Rogue(Inquisitive)
  • Background: Mechanically, the Acolyte background but instead of being trained as a cleric or a paladin as most priests, he was trained as an Inquisitor.Inquisitor
  • Description:

• Personality:

• Backstory:

• RP Sample:

OtherAre you new?: To DnD5E or Eberron? Been playing DND5e since it began. I have the 3.5 Eberron Sourcebook but never played in the setting.
Is there a part of the world you would like to see explored? Sharn definitely and possibly the Mournlands

[/fieldset]

Last edited by MarsComulus; 02-03-2020 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:13 AM
A Most Skeptical Hippo

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2982
davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15
Completed!
Application
Are you new?:
I'm an old hand at 5e at this point. This would be my first foray into the Eberron campaign setting, but I've admired it from a distance for a while.
If new to Eberron:
I'd be interested in exploring the status of Warforged following the Last War. The reaction to these artifacts of war slowly and uncertainly integrating back into a society scarred by the very event of their inception seems really interesting to me. In fact it's more or less the primary premise of my character!
The Deets

Name: Digger
Race: Warforged Envoy
Class: Druid of Spores
Background: Hermit
Personality Traits
  • I am very idiosyncratic in my view on life, death and undeath.
  • I am still learning many things in this world, and am prone to ask many questions.
Ideal: Compassion
All beings need compassion in life, as they cross the border, and as they lie forever in death.
Bond:
The shifter community of The Eldeen Reaches welcomed me into their fold when I was alone and did not know how to proceed. They helped me find a purpose worth living for, and I feel very protective of them.
Flaw:
I am still very young and naive.

Backstory and Goals:
Background & RP SamplesDigger was commissioned by Aundair less than two years before the close of the Last War. They were intended to fill the sorely depleted ranks of combat medics. After their creation they were trained in the arts of medicine and healing by their creator, and in how to scurry about the battlefields quickly enough to patch up the wounded without being immediately skewered. They deployed to Aundair immediately after their training was complete, but by this point the long war of attrition was coming to it's end and Digger never actually saw combat personally. Even so, the depredations of war had left a grisly task behind, and it quickly became Digger's task to prepare and bury corpses rotting on old battlefields.

Before long the Treaty of Thronehold was signed, officially bringing the Last War to a close, and Digger planted the few remaining bodies to rest in the ground before being released from service to their own devices.

Not knowing what to do, Digger retreated from society and went into the deepest parts of the forests of The Eldeen Reaches. They found a quiet place with shade, and a small cave to inhabit, and thought about death. When men and beasts died, their bodies were claimed by nature. When Warforged died, their bodies remained preserved from nature. They sat and meditated on this for a great deal of time.

That was where Tieth, the Cliffwalker Shifter, found them, standing silently still in a glade staring at a dying poplar unmoving.

Digger began training as a druid under Moonspeaker Eleorosh. They spent the next year learning much from the old shifter about nature and about life. The warforged proved a surprisingly adept student, quickly picking up the ways of nature and the druidic arts.

During their training Tieth would make regular visits at Eleorosh's Glade, and they quickly came to view her with great fondness. Fortunately for them, she seemed to feel the same way. Though she was destined to become a Loreguard, for digger this was some other inscrutable role in Shifter society.

Because of his advanced age, Eleorosh had a hard time travelling between the Shifter clans, so once they became adept enough, he sent Digger out in his place. At first the shifters found this strange to the point of affront. But with the help of Tieth and Eleorosh's blessing Digger began to be viewed as a member of the community.

Less than two years after beginning their training, Digger was summoned urgently back to Eleorosh's Glade. They found the old man in poor shape.

Digger stayed by Eleorosh's side continuously for the next three days as the old man drifted into and out of consciousness, sometimes he was well enough to tell stories of the old days, of his own adventures across Khorvaire. Other times he could do little more than lie in bed quietly. Then, on the morning of the fourth day, he didn't stir. Digger sat there with his master's now stiffened hand cradled gently in their own.

Tieth, who had been sitting vigil as well, came in to find the two of them in that motionless state, like a tableau. Wailing she grabbed Digger and hugged them tightly, crying onto their stiff wooden shoulder.

Once again, Digger did their duty, preparing the body and burying it in the glade. Planting a poplar to mark the spot where their master would rest for eternity.

The next day, Digger and Tieth set out for Sharn.

Optional:
Character Sheet: WIP

Last edited by davide15; 02-05-2020 at 03:59 AM.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:25 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 106
MarsComulus MarsComulus
Completed Application

Application:

• charsheet
  • Name: Leslie Mycroft Pronounced Sinclaire. Yes, really.St. Claire
  • Race: Human Variant
  • Class: Rogue(Inquisitive)
  • Background: Mechanically, the Acolyte background but instead of being trained as a cleric or a paladin as most priests, he was trained as an Inquisitor.Inquisitor
  • Description:

• Personality:

• Backstory:

• RP Sample:

OtherAre you new?: To DnD5E or Eberron? Been playing DND5e since it began. I have the 3.5 Eberron Sourcebook but never played in the setting.
Is there a part of the world you would like to see explored? Sharn definitely and possibly the Mournlands

Last edited by MarsComulus; 02-04-2020 at 02:53 AM.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:30 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3073
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Application is completed!

Required Information Are you new? I’ve been playing 5E ever since it came out, but I’m new to the Eberron setting.

If new to Eberron: Often the little things strike our fancy. In my case a brief mention of the Cairdal Blades, an elven espionage agency run by house Phiarlan, was the spark that started me on the path to this character. I would be quite interested in exploring the agency, and the house in general. Other than that, I’m new to the world so everything is new and fresh. Whatever path we might explore I’m sure will be exciting.

ApplicationName: Larien Phiarlan

Race: High-Elf from Aerenal with the Mark of Shadow

Class: Bard (College of Swords)

Background: Criminal (Spy)
Traits:
- I am very ambitious and will do almost anything to get ahead, both in life and in my agency.
- I love the thrill that comes with danger, be it walking a line over a precipice or pitting my fighting skills against a competent warrior.
Ideal:
- Discovery. I like nothing better than finding out something others don’t want me to know. If it benefits my agency and furthers my career, so much the better.
Bond:
- I have pledged my life to the Cairdal Blades espionage agency. As they prosper, so shall I. Should they fall, I will go down with them.
Flaw:
- My confidence in my own abilities and the superiority of the elven race can make me come off as arrogant, so I try to hide it as best I can.

Backstory and goals:

Character Sheet: Larien Phiarlan – A draft sheet.

Appearance:

Larien is a lithe elf of average height with long, blonde hair that he usually ties up with a leather cord when performing or expecting trouble. His attractive face has the high cheekbones characteristic of most elves, full lips, smooth skin and piercing blue eyes. Although he isn’t particularly bulky, he has well-toned muscles and carries himself gracefully.

Larien usually wears dark leather clothes and armor, but when not performing or expecting trouble he usually tries to offset that with lighter colors. He carries a pair of thin-bladed and slightly curved swords on his back and usually has a bandolier with daggers across his chest, used both for juggling and throwing.

The clothes conceal the dragonmark that manifested itself on his chest, right over his heart, when he was a teenager. The mark is dark-blue in color, and covers an area slightly larger than the palm of his hand. Only when in the presence of another who also bears the same mark does the color of Larien’s shadow mark change, becoming pitch black and tingling slightly.

Roleplaying sample:

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by kymrel; 02-07-2020 at 06:51 PM.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:30 AM
Rusty Wordsmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1026
BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord
Completed!

Super-excited for this!

Required QuestionsAre you new?: I'm neither new to D&D 5e nor Eberron, but I do love both. Unfortunately, I've only ever DM'd in Eberron; I'm dying for a chance to play!

Because the current focus is on Sharn, I'd love to explore something in Cyre (The Mournland). I can't quite let go of the mystery surrounding The Mourning.

Required ApplicationName: Charming
Race: Warforged
Class: Artificer (Battlesmith)
Background: House Agent (Cannith)

Backstory and Goals: By the time of The Mourning, no one needed to be sold on Warforged anymore. The possibilities--for war and worse--were already well-explored, and recent advancements into leadership and true autonomy were rumbling across Eberron. Sentience was given value and equated with a soul, at least for some, and this shift began to breed both suspicion and wonder.

It was Charming, so long in service to House Cannith--thirty-three years long--who began to see the path to freedom. This warforged had commanded armies of machines and men and monsters; he'd acted as obedient servant and slave to foreign dignitaries and ambitious businessmen; he'd taken up books and strategy and learning, made a true study of magic, and became adept at working the forges--so much so that, for a time, Charming helped create the very race he was trying to unchain.

It was only sheer luck, the very best of good timing, that had Charming away from Cyre when The Mourning occurred. Still, it shook him--so many lives lost, so many lives prevented. His were a finite number, now, made even more real by the Treaty that prevented warforged propagation. In his years observing the peoples of Khorvaire, Charming had realized that small groups had smaller voices; what, then, would become of the warforged, who could now only live and die out?

A people need dignity if they're to be respected. A people need to demonstrate talents outside death and destruction if they're to be respected in wider circles. The warforged were becoming a people, loosely, but Charming had begun to wonder if they could become actual, accepted people. He spoke these thoughts aloud, but few of his fellow constructs would listen, their purposes all but perished in the cataclysm. With determination and a single-minded drive to lift his race from the doldrums, Charming set forth to become as charming and talented as possible. He encouraged modifications. He encouraged proper dress and etiquette; at times, he encouraged partaking of food and beverage, or at least the actions of such, just to make others feel more comfortable in his presence.

Charming was a great purveyor of tea, not to mention an excellent sommelier.

Some laughed at him. Some did much worse. Yet, there were a few who saw value in adopting this new role. Thirty-three years ago, one of the first out of the forge, Charming had a much different name. He could still remember it, still bore it with pride among those of his House—those who remembered. Here we have AV3307, affectionately known as Victory: The line that started it all.

Victory, he would have.

ConnectionsBaron Merrick d'Cannith: Although Charming's interaction with Merrick of Sharn seems much tempered and terribly rare these days, the warforged can recall a time when he was Merrick's gem--a glowing advertisement for the possibilities presented by sentient constructs crafted for war. Although Charming has little time for gods and spirits, it could be said that the warforged worships Merrick, mostly from afar, absorbing the man's teachings and discoveries and hoping desperately to be included in Merrick's inner circle. Much of this is borne from the loyalty Charming had for Arren d'Cannith, his ultimate creator, and there is little that would make Charming betray a cause that helps put Merrick ahead of the other House Leaders--or that would prevent Charming from taking on a mission that could catapult his beloved Merrick ahead of the others in the House.

Lisel Lightfoot: Although it may seem strange that an old warforged would befriend a youthful halfling, Lisel and Charming have been fast friends for nearly three years, ever since Charming visited The Honoured Hound and saw the girl getting etiquette lessons by her mother. Intrigued by the exercises in ways that Lisel was not, Charming managed to ingratiate himself to both mother and daughter, and Lisel suddenly had a friend with whom to endure her studies. In truth, Charming excelled in etiquette where Lisel faltered, but the halfling's improvements were so great from the disaster she once was, her mother allowed the relationship to continue. Born in Sharn, Lisel dreams of one day travelling to the Talenta Plains and riding the raptors her father swears exist--and, of course, she'll be taking Charming for protection. The warforged, who never really had a friend before, absolutely adores and dotes on the girl, and he believes that one day, perhaps soon, they will take that trip!

Last edited by BinnFord; 02-05-2020 at 07:51 AM.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:37 AM
Electrum DM 2019

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11350
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Alrightee, I'm back from my travel, and now it's time to start looking things over and answering questions. I'll do my best to answer questions now, then get the application table updated, and then see if I've got any time to start reading over any completed apps and giving feedback (again, no promises, but I'll give an effort).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon
I'm here, where is my large Coke?
The House Ghallanda folks are working it up right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34
1. House Vadalis, it says if using human character for Mark of Handling, to replace the ability scores in PHB with the one listed (in eberron book), since my character is shifter, I ignore the one in the book since the shifter has its own ability scores, correct?
I'm a little confused by the question. Are you saying that you would like to play a Shifter with the Mark of Handling? If so, I'll have to disallow it-- Only Humans have that particular dragonmark. However, as a Shifter you could certainly work for the House Vadalis. They run the Handler's Guild, which largely deals with acquisition, care, and breeding of animals. But in this case, you wouldn't have the mark of handling, and wouldn't have to worry about differences in stats-- just use the base Shifter race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34
I also have "Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron", it's 5e and you can see it on the DND Beyond site. It pretty much gives the same info as "Eberron: Rising from the Last War." except for some info here and there. For Mark of Handling, here is the info from the Wayfinder's;
Only difference here, is Wayfinder's has Expert Handling and Rise doesn't. So wondering if I can use Expert Handling or leave it out. Your call.
We'll use the material from Rising from the Last War. My understanding is that it's canon (while Wayfinder's Guide is not), and has been playtested a bit more thoroughly. As far as I can tell, all of the mechanical stuff found in Wayfinder's can be found in RftLW, even if the exact rules are different. If there's something that is only found in Wayfinders but not in RftLW, let me know and I'll consider. EDIT: I've added a version of this Q and A to the FAQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymrel
Since, as you mention, creating an actual character sheet can help with developing the character concept, it would help to know what method we'll use for generating stats.
Good question! We'll use the standard 27 point buy, as outlined in the PHB on pages 12-13. EDIT: I've added a version of this Q and A to the FAQ, as well as edited the Application Guidelines to include the stat generation method.

Now Recruiting: The Fickle Tendrils of Fate

Last edited by Unko Talok; 02-03-2020 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-03-2020, 11:02 AM
Electrum DM 2019

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11350
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
As I go through to update the applicants table and offer feedback, I'm noticing that I don't have a way to know if an applicant believes their app is completed or not! My mistake. I'll edit the main post with this information, but if you think your app is completed / ready for feedback (assuming I have time), please put the following code (or something similarly attention-grabbing) at the top of your post:

[size=3][b][u][color=blue]Completed![/color][/u][/b][/size]

Now Recruiting: The Fickle Tendrils of Fate
Old 02-03-2020, 12:24 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4712
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Completed! (Though I will be adding a RP Sample)

right-aligned image

Are you new? I am not new to either DdD5E or Eberron. I would love to explore any aspect of Sharn and the political rivalries among the various houses.

Name: Sorsha d’Deneith
Race: Mark of Sentinel Human
Class: Warlock (Hexblade)
Background: House Agent (Deneith)

Description: Sorsha stands nearly six feet tall. With crimson hair, green eyes and an easy smile, she is considered beautiful by human standards. Her attire is usually feminine and stylish, but it also possesses a functional bent that some might find off-putting. Until recently, she was never without a wand tucked firmly in her belt.

History: Sorsha is the 6th generation of humans that have had the privilege of carrying the Sentinel's mark. Shortly after its appearance and her family joining with House Deneith, all of its descendants cast off their original family name and assumed their house's.

Much like others of her house, Sorsha's family has always considered their calling a responsibility that must be adhered to. Her family however, has another secret as well. Long before they became dragonmarked, they were presented a gift of a wand, known only to them as the Raven Shard. Why it was given to the family has been lost to time, but they have passed it down from generation to generation, bequeathing its power and responsibility onto the next. Sorsha has recently been given the wand from her mother.

Although her house was heavily involved in the Last War, selling their services as mercenaries to all sides, Sorsha was never directly involved in the fighting. Instead, she had been tasked with aiding and protecting the countless refugees from those that would prey on their situation.

After the Mourning and the signing of the Treaty of Thronehold, Sorsha was called back to Sharn and given a new directive. In order to fulfill her responsibility to her house and become a Sentinel Marshall as those in her family before her, the House has sent her to the Clifftop Adventure's Guild, so that she might do good in her own right and obtain the experience necessary to become a Marshall.

Contacts:
Laureline d’Deneith: Sorsha's mother and matriarch over her family. Her husband, Richtor Deneith, died during the Last War. Since then, she has guided her family deftly through the murky depths of political maneuverings among the houses and even within House Deneith. It was she that passed the Raven Shard to her daughter. Although she had never envisioned the life of a marshal for her, she cannot deny her daughter's spirit (or the prestige it will bring to their family within the House).

Grimly d'Tharashk: The rivalry between House Tharashk and Deneith started almost immediately upon The Triumvirate moving House Tharashk into the mercenary trade, directly and intentionally cutting into House's Deneith's business. A member of House Tharashk , a man named Grimly d'Tharashk, has bumped into Sorsha on several occasions. At first, she cast it aside as chance meetings. After a House Deneith spy within House Tharashk was able to determine that Grimly is actually looking to take the Raven Shard, she has been on her guard should they cross paths again.

Last edited by Silent Rain; 02-05-2020 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02-03-2020, 04:15 PM
Imaginary

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2248
Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben
Yay Eberron! I'm all in on this.

COMPLETE

EberronAre you new? I'm not new to DnD5e or Eberron, although I have not yet played a campaign in this setting. I do own the Eberron book, however, because it is such a great setting and I'm very interested in the set up for the story for this game.
Exploration? The Mourning is obviously the big question mark for the setting, but from a character standpoint, I think Corr would have fun with exploring a Colossus. Sharn is also a super detailed place, so I would't be sad with a whole campaign just set in the city.

ApplicationName: Corr Khel
Race: Human (Mark of Making)
Class: Artificer (Artillerist)
Background: Urchin

Backstory and Goals: Corr has lived his whole life in the City of Towers. The illegitimate son of Potential NPC #1some House Cannith heir, Corr was raised in the slums of lower Dura's Oldkeep. Something of a scourge for taking things apart and (mostly) putting them back together, Corr's proclivities didn't truly make sense until his Dragonmark manifested. Against his mother's advice (and good common sense), Corr chose not to approach House Cannith for a position, angry at them for how they treated his mother and distrustful of the wealthy Houses in general. Instead, Corr has decided to sate his desire for greater knowledge on his own. Corr's mother, Potential NPC #2Miriam Khel, seeing potential danger in her son's ambitions, introduced the young man to a Cannith excoriate and Cyrean refugee named Potential NPC #3Omar Eisahn. An older human male, haunted by his own past and with no connections outside the fallen kingdom of Cyre, Eisahn found his own solace in teaching Corr the basics. Despite the fatherly relationship, it was always clear to Corr that Eisahn was holding something back, and the old man's eventual disappearance only deepened the mystery.

Corr, however, was undeterred in his studies. After failing spectacularly at making his own Warforged (an endeavor doomed to failure given the current lack of access to a Forge), Corr discovered the library at the Clifftop Adventurer's Guild. At first reticent about service for hire, Corr made peace with it in order to gain access to the Guild's resources. After a few missions, he discovered that he actually rather liked the lifestyle as well as the opportunities for gaining more experience that it presented. While all his free time is still spent on tinkering projects, Corr is happy to take on contracts for the Guild (although he'd never admit that to anyone else). So far, Corr has been able to avoid the notice of House Cannith, although their disapproval of his work is a constant risk. Corr's interest in the Warforged was diverted to other endeavors, although a complete Warforged shell still takes up space in his cramped workshop.

Although the sword that is the dragonmarked houses hanging over his neck is a concern, Corr would never consider hiding his Mark or discontinuing his efforts to learn more and advance the blossoming post-war technology of the kingdoms. Despite his antipathy for the Dragonmarked Houses, Corr would never condone an approach like that of the rumored House Tarkanan either. He only wants the freedom to pursue his own interests (which may or may not include one day resurrecting a Colossus), and, learned from his work with the Clifftop Adventurers, for others to be able to do the same.

Physical Description: Corr is a young man rounding the corner into true adulthood. His most notable feature is his unruly mop of dark hair and generally gaunt build, both products of his upbringing in the rougher parts of Sharn and his distraction with all things arcane and mechanical. Set deep in his thin face, Corr's piercing green eyes convey a spark of intelligence. Fortunately for him, Corr's Dragonmark is located on his left forearm, more easily hidden than a mark that manifests on hands or face. Corr is also unreasonably tall, for a human, which, when paired with his thin frame, gives him a gangling appearance that belies his natural dexterity.

Storyline Material* One of my favorite things about the Eberron setting is the expansive economy based on magical goods and services. Corr could be motivated to participate in this sort of exchange, and given his background and worldview, he wouldn't be terribly concerned about who he is selling things to.
* When it comes to new arcane inventions, Corr has very little consideration for his own well being. He is perfectly happy to test things on himself or interact recklessly with untested technology. This might make him particularly susceptible to the attractions of a symbiont item.
* As hinted in the application, Corr has chosen not to pursue membership with House Cannith, despite having the proper mark. While there is no interest (and even active disdain) on Corr's part, I'm open to how the House would react to a rogue Maker who has shown some skill.
* Corr has in the past unsuccessfully tried to make a Warforged from scratch, at the time being unaware of the necessity of a Creation Forge. Given the prohibitions in the Treaty of Thronehold, Corr's mentor talked him out of any further attempts while providing less than helpful detail on the mysterious process, but it might be interesting to explore any consequences in trying to create what is now recognized as a sentient being and/or the current status of the (as far as the public knows) shuttered Creation Forges.
* Corr's mother works as a sort of nanny for the various workers and wrights and their families in Dura as she has done as long as Corr can remember. He grew up with a rotating assortment of children spending the day at his mother's house while their parents were off at work. They are close, and Miriam Khel could provide a window into the life of a Sharn commoner. She is a well loved figure in her area, now raising a second generation of Sharn's children.
* Corr's mother is also infamously tight lipped about her own past and Corr's father. This is a source of frustration for the young man, but an old, well worn frustration that he no longer dwells on.

Edit 2/10 - Clarity about Corr's Warforged experiments and a name and background for Corr's mother.

Last edited by Quick Ben; 02-10-2020 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-04-2020, 12:13 AM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23321
Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak
Unko.

I completed my Application.

I built my PC in DnDBeyond. Can you see the Sheet (the link is in his Name).
And reproduced here.

https://www.dndbeyond.com/profile/Em...cters/22665179
Old 02-04-2020, 12:16 AM
Destroyer of Dreams

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 730
telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davide15 View Post
Name: Digger
Race: Warforged Envoy
Class: Druid of Spores
Background: Hermit
I'm sorry, but a Warforged Druid has to be just about the coolest thing I've ever heard of in DnD.

You just officially blew my mind.