DnD5e Eberron: The Fickle Tendrils of Fate - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-04-2020, 08:51 AM
Confused and confounded
Outplay 2011  

Outplay 2013  

Outplay 2014

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26626
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
Completed!

Kassia - The Mourningstar

Name: Kassiani (Kass, Kassia) of Whitehorn - "The Mourningstar"
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Fighter (Psychic Warrior)
Background: Soldier
Theme: The Three Banners: Fanfare
Backstory and Goals:

It was during what should have been a relatively easy assignment, a reconnaissance mission into Cyre to determine the strength of a nearby Cyrean position, that Kassia turned from a happy, hazel-eyed young woman into... something else.

She was a newly accepted member of the famous Redcloak Battalion - Breland's elite forces found on the frontlines of fighting and working under the motto "first in battle, last to fall" - and eager to prove herself worthy of the crimson cloak on her shoulder. Riding hippogrifs, her unit passed over the enemy lines in the cover of darkness, set down before the break of dawn and began cataloging the position and movements of troops from a nearby hilltop. The date was 20 Olarune 994YK, and the mists started rising not 30 minutes later.

Out of the eight men and women that left on that mission, only Kassia returned, sobbing uncontrolably and babbling about ethereal visages that floated in the mist and killed everything it touched. It turned out the mist did not kill everything. Because it had touched Kassia too and marked her forever.

While everyone scrambled to make heads and tails out of the aftermath of the Mourning, Kassia struggled with her own aftermath. Her hair, once brown, slowly changed to a silvery white and her hazel eyes gradually changed hue until they shone clear purple. The changes affected more than her outwards appearance as well. Latent psychic and magical powers emerged, allowing her to manipulate the airs around her into bulwarks and wards, or, as she discovered when she lashed out at a colleague in frustration, cut open flesh with nothing but a thought.

Kassia has never really forgiven herself for being the only survivor from her unit, and when rumours started circulating among the Redcloaks that she was somehow cursed by the mist that consumed Cyre - and former allies cruelly began to call Kassia "the Mourningstar" whenever she was not around - she cut of all connections to her former comrades. Her cloak has been turned in, her commission resigned and for all intents and purposes she considers her past with the Redcloaks just that. Past.

Kassia now keeps to her own ways and prefers to spend as little time thinking about the war as possible. Her path has taken her to Sharn, where people tend not to ask too many questions about a person's background, and ekes a living as an occasional sword-for-hire. Her introduction to the Clifftop Adventurer's Guild happened through one of those jobs, as a representative of House Tharashk hired her alongside a bunch of other adventures to protect them during an outing.

Character Sheet: Kassia the Mourningstar

Picture:

New to EberronAre you new?: To DnD5E or Eberron?

I know *of* Eberron, and what I know has me excited and intrigued - but I've never actually played in the setting.

As for the edition, I've made all of one (1) character in DnD5E before. And never got to play that one for very long. That was also over a year ago, so for all intents and purposes I would say I am new (and most likely struggling).
If new to Eberron: I would love explore the politics between neighboring countries on the verge of war. The whole settings build-up with 100 years of war and the possibility of another one starting soon(tm) gives me an image of a world filled with tension so thin you could carve it with a knife - and I would love to see what effects it has on our surroundings as we weave our way through the story. Other than that I am a sucker for well-written lore, so I am just here to take everything in.

Last edited by Thorsten; 02-06-2020 at 07:53 AM.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:55 AM
Confused and confounded
Outplay 2011  

Outplay 2013  

Outplay 2014

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26626
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
Going to start putting something together for this. It'll take some time, I am not well versed in 5th ed.

@Unko: Do you allow feats and human variants that uses them?
Old 02-04-2020, 09:03 AM
A Most Skeptical Hippo

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2982
davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15
Quote:
Originally Posted by telcontar View Post
I'm sorry, but a Warforged Druid has to be just about the coolest thing I've ever heard of in DnD.

You just officially blew my mind.
Lol, thank you! Yeah, they've kinda been bouncing around my noggin for a while, and this is my first real shot at an Eberron campaign, so it seemed like a good time to bring them out!
Old 02-04-2020, 10:42 AM
Electrum DM 2019

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11350
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Alrightee, more questions!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornsten
Do you allow feats and human variants that uses them?
I will be allowing feats, and I will allow the Human Variant rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Unknown Red Person
WHAT YEAR IS IT?!
We'll be playing in 998YK, early spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embrodak
Can you see my char sheet?
Yep!

Now Recruiting: The Fickle Tendrils of Fate

Last edited by Unko Talok; 02-04-2020 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:06 AM
for the love of kittehs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 41274
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
You can say I asked, Unko. I don't need to be anonymous... I don't do it very well.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:19 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2417
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Completed!

Hey Unko! I came up with an application for your game- I'm mostly done, but it needs a bit more work. Please let me know what you think- any feedback, in general or to help make the character better suited to your game, is more than welcome!

Shelly
Are you new? To DnD5E or Eberron?
I have played a few campaigns in DnD 5e before, but none of those were set in Eberron. Honestly I knew nothing about the setting until I picked up the book, like, a week ago! I don't think there's anything specific I really want to see, but I kind of have an rather eldritch project my character is working on- any experiences with the otherworldly Daelkyr would actually help her research, I think. But no, other than that I am mostly just happy to see what you'll throw at us!

Name: Shelly, formely known as Z5-X013
Race: Warforged
Class: Artificer (artillerist)
Background: Folk hero

Backstory and Goals

Seventeen years ago Z5-X013 was constructed, like most Warforged, to serve in the conflict now known as the Last War. The foundries where she was given life were based in Cyre, the nation now lost to the Mourning. Fortunately for her, Z5-X013 was not in Cere when the calamity struck- upon her activation, the Warforged had been assigned to support a squad of soldiers from Breland, known as the 607th. The tragedies of war saw a great many soldiers join and die in combat, yet among them there were some to whom Z5-X013 felt particularly close- culminating in a particularly heartwrenching experience when they, too, found death on the battlefield. Z5-X013 grew ever more protective as a result, her initial purpose of protecting her squadmates strengthened by both her empathy for them, and the guilt she felt for those she could not save. Eventually Z5-X013's squadmates gave her the nickname "Shelly", both because she kept them safe like a protective shell would, and for her penchant to shell their enemies with whatever ammunition was available.

The high amount of casualties was in no small part due to the unit's commanding officer, captain Channa Perryn, who was less concerned with the lives of her soldiers than with rising through the ranks of the Brelish military. Shelly opposed the captain as much as she could without breaking the binding laws of her contract. Nevertheless, Shelly proved to have a knack for subverting orders, interpreting them to reduce the risk to her squadmates and civilians as much as possible- even if doing so meant accepting greater risk to herself. This earned her the respect of those she served with, although the enmity between Perryn and Shelly lasts to this day. Indeed, the resentful captain has apparently made it her life's goal to get in the Warforged's way, even two years after the war's end.

When the war ended, Shelly felt lost. The Treaty of Thronehold had given her freedom, but not purpose. Cyre's destruction meant the forge where she was created was lost, which hit her harder than expected. Worse, tensions between the various nations of Khorvaire continue to this day, making Shelly worry that one day, the war will once again threathen those she cares about. Few of her old squadmates survived the final days of the war- her only remaining friend is Kellark Urrison, a dwarven soldier from Sharn. The dwarf lost a leg during the war and spends his days and nights lamenting that fate in Sharn's many pubs. Shelly keeps in touch with the dwarf, listening to his stories and dragging him back home after he passes out from too much ale. Yet, despite the dwarf's nearly constant state of drunkenness, he did manage to finally give the Warforged her purpose. After lamenting the fact she got fired from her latest job at an orphanage for "scaring the children", the dwarf drunkenly suggested that Shelly tried to build a Warforged herself, creating a thinking, living machine to serve as her "child"- someone to protect and care for.

The more she thought about it, the more Shelly began to appreciate the idea. Ever since, her efforts are focused on finding a way to replicate or improve the process used by house Cannith. Yet she does not want to attract their ire- the Dragonmarked do not suffer rivals well, after all. Besides, Shelly doesn't want to make another Warforged- she wants to create something more, something better. Her people were created as tools of war- Shelly wants something different, something more noble for her "child". Unfortunately, most legitimate ways of earning the funds required for her research were barred from her, courtesy of captain Perryn making sure she couldn't get a well-paying job anywhere. And so, Shelly joined the Clifftop Adventurer's Guild, hoping that her employment there would earn her the funds required to conduct her research... And perhaps even help her find any arcane lore on the matter.

While Shelly hasn't quite managed to build anything possessing even a rudimentary sentience, she has, over time, learned to create machines capable of following simple orders- which, unfortunately, eventually all break down, much to her disappointment. Her greatest achievement to date is a small, transparent orb filled with water, in which swims a tiny copper goldfish propelled by clockwork. It is a small thing, but nonetheless a small step in the right direction. During times of quiet reflection, Shelly can be found holding the orb in her hand, lovingly watching the metallic creature within.

Optional

Last edited by DemonSlayer; 02-07-2020 at 06:23 AM. Reason: completed!
Old 02-04-2020, 11:28 AM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6433
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Welp! I had to put in for this one! Feedback is always welcome!

Completed!
Talus Alizarin

Name: Talus Alizarin
Race: Tairnadal AncestryHalf Elf
Class: Paladin - Oath of Conquest
Background: Noble
Theme: The Wolf and the Swallow

Appearance: While Talus is slight in frame, for most who first meet him he wears an imposing and intense aura. He is driven and calm, his pale-grey eyes seizing whoever his gaze rests upon. Silky black hair is shorter than the traditional long hair of the Elves-- though it is completely expected from an Alizarin. Often aloof, it is unsurprising due to Elf nature and the recent destruction of Crye. Talus wears a full set of impressive armor and a family hairloom-- a double-bladed scimitar.

Character background:
Talus Alizarin was the second eldest of three brothers, born of a proud line of Elvish warriors versed in magical warfare. His birth, however, is a black mark on an otherwise impeccable house after a dalliance with a human resulted in his subsequent arrival.

Talus has known nothing but battle nearly his entire life. A century has been marred by the scourge of The Last War, and his family believed it was the perfect time to implement their fierce tactics and ensuring the House Alizarin, along with House Cannith, were the upper echelons during the conflict-- with the Alizarin’s wielding impressive weapons made by the Cannith’s in holy rites, the family was considered unrivaled in combat potential. Even so, they were decidedly on the losing end.

All three brothers held positions in the Aundair. Talus spent most of the grueling century of The Last War on the frontlines, perhaps in due part of his unwanted heritage, and that's where he was when the cataclysm of the Mourning began. Separated from the main force, Talus had taken command of a small regiment to regroup when the Mists advanced like a shadow across Cyre. He and the few band of men struggled to escape the Mists-- but many fell to the twisted corruption.

Both of Talus’s brothers perished on the Day of Mourning. Not having seen them since the last time he set foot in Cyre, he assumes their dead. As the sole surviving heir to the Alizarin bloodline, the future of the House was set squarely on his shoulders. It was a heavy burden he accepted...At first.
  • Personality Trait: When I set my mind to something, I follow through no matter what gets in my way.
  • Personality Trait: I judge people by their actions, not their words.
  • Ideal: Respect. Respect is due to me because of my position, but all people regardless of station deserve to be treated with dignity.
  • Bond: I am guilty of a scandal, and I dishonored my family because of a choice I made. I would do it again.
  • Flaw: My pride will probably lead to my destruction.

The BreakdownAre you new? I’ve been playing 5e for about four or five years, but most of my games have been in homebrew settings. I've just recently jumped into official adventure modules and I'm loving it so far! Eberron has always looked interesting to me.

If new to Eberron: Okay, so, love exploring consequences on any scale! Playing a character from the now-lost Cyre sounded awesome, particularly the political aspect. It is a wading pool that I'd love to explore, and uncovering what happened to Cyre, and having a stake in the future of an entire people, sounds too crazy-good of an angle to ignore.

I took the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Odyssey; 02-06-2020 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-04-2020, 12:24 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Bigmig
Kelten Irebound

Status: Completed! (Or atleast I think it is, if there is anything you would like me to fix just say and i'll fix it right away!)

Are you new to5e: No, I've been playing/DMing for over 5 years.

Eberron: Yes, I am new to Eberron, and have liked what I read the google doc. This would also be my first PBP, which I'm pretty excited about. Also, Sharn itself sounds pretty cool and I would love to explore it.

Name: Kelten Irebound
Race: Scourge Aasimar
Class: Paladin (Vengeance)
Religion: Dol Dorn
Background: Soldier

Backstory

Kelten Sunfield was never a man of many words. This coupled with his naturally glowing yellow eyes meant that he was constantly picked on and made fun of. But Kelt never let it get to him, even at such a young age he knew that they were just scared of what they didn’t know. Growing up during the last war was difficult, friends you grow up with leave and many not return was a sad reality of war. And when the time came that he was old enough, he took up his civil duty and fought for his home country of Cyre. His mother wasn’t too happy when he told her his decision, but he had never seen his father (Breddrick) look more proud.

It was during his military training that he found something he was truly passionate about. He loved to fight, the sound of steel on steel, the adrenaline rush from defeating an opponent, he loved it all. After training, he frequently fought on the front lines, his fellow soldiers used to call him “Golden Balls” as a joking nod to his golden eyes and to his bravery on the field of battle. Kelt didn’t care what they called him, he was just proud to be able to help keep his friends and family safe.

So needless to say when the news of The Mourning reached the front lines, he couldn’t believe it. All his friends and family were dead, regret boiled over first. He hadn’t gone back to see his family in years, only sent them the occasional Letter. But the regret quickly turned to anger and hatred. It was on that day he swore an oath of vengeance, an oath to find and kill anyone who was even remotely responsible for such a tragedy. After speaking his oath, he heard a voice say to him “I Dol Dorn, have heard you. With your Oath you will be my champion, find the coward who caused this tragedy. Find them and bring justice to those who were lost. You are no longer Kelten Sunfield you are now Kelten Ironbound”. And with that, he felt a newfound strength enter him and his eyes turned from glowing gold to a glowing red. Whether that voice was truely Dol Dorn or just a figment of his imagination in his time of strife, Kelten may never know. Either way, he has chosen to keep that moment close to his chest, lest someone think he had gone insane after losing everyone he loved.

Kelten spent the last two years acclimating himself with his new powers and becoming closer to his god, but not without trying to find an answer for who or what caused The Mourning. His last lead brought him to the City of Sharn. Looking for a Hobgoblin named “Khovlun” who he was told could have had some sort of connection to magical genocide that killed his friends and family. But in the meantime, Kelt had to find some way to sustain himself and not be forced to sleep on the streets. So he joined up with the Clifftop Adventurers Guild as a way of doing some good and making some coin.

Goals: Obviously to find out who/what caused The Mourning and bring it to justice. But also he is happy fighting to make the world a better place.

Pciture:

Last edited by Bigmig; 02-05-2020 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Grammar stuff, Feedback!
Old 02-04-2020, 12:34 PM
Electrum DM 2019

Tools
User Statistics
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Okay, I'm going to try and take a look at the apps currently listed as "completed" and see if I have any questions or comments. They'll be in private in this post. You all can choose to respond in private, publicly, or not at all. Whatever you like.

If you would like feedback but haven't listed your app as "Completed", please make a separate post asking for feedback or I may miss it in your app. I'll do my best to give feedback to everyone, time permitting.

If you've got any questions that I haven't answered, please make a new post in here with the question, as I must have missed it. If your app is completed, please let me know and put the blue "Completed" text at the top (or something similarly flashy) using this code: [size=3][b][u][color=blue]Completed![/color][/u][/b][/size]

Last edited by Unko Talok; 02-04-2020 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-04-2020, 01:52 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey

Old 02-04-2020, 02:07 PM
Electrum DM 2019

Tools
User Statistics

Old 02-04-2020, 02:13 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4712
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Just flagged my app as complete
Old 02-04-2020, 02:47 PM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23321
Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak
Old 02-04-2020, 02:50 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics

Old 02-04-2020, 03:18 PM
Trial by stone!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23372
Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric
Going to have to withdraw my app for this one, have fun gang!

Last edited by Cedric; 02-19-2020 at 04:16 AM.