DnD5e Eberron: The Fickle Tendrils of Fate - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-04-2020, 03:56 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1715
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Old 02-04-2020, 04:43 PM
Fork 2020

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14897
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Okay, seeing if I can give any more feedback to those who are completed / requesting it.

Old 02-04-2020, 04:49 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7992
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Old 02-04-2020, 04:49 PM
Ia! Ia! Aethera fhtagn!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 45487
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Hi all, this is just a friendly heads up. I am a mod, and thus can see your secret text. Please don't be concerned about this, I don't really read it, but if there's something you really want to keep from me (or other mods) you can put a spoilerbutton INSIDE your secret text that says "STAY OUT!!!" (or something more tactful). If you put the spoilerbutton outside the secret tags, everyone will see the spoilerbutton, it'll just be empty. If you put the spoiler inside, then only people who can see the secret text will be able to see it.

If I don't get into the game, of course, you can ignore all that completely.
Old 02-04-2020, 05:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2932
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Afternoon DM, my app is done, so you can take a look at it and let me know if there is something wrong.
Old 02-04-2020, 06:39 PM
Fork 2020

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14897
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
In my games, I tend not to use very much secret text anymore. That might change in a game where Sanity may windup playing a role, so we'll see how it goes. Secret text might be really important when different people are seeing different things... and one, both, or neither might be reality. For now, I'll try to remember to put things in spoilerbuttons inside of the secret text.

Old 02-04-2020, 07:11 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7992
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Old 02-04-2020, 09:46 PM
Insert User Title Here.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23870
Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond
Completed! (I'll fix typos as I see them, and may add an RP example if I have time. I too find it helps to write a bit to figure out my character a bit better)
New?
I am a long time member here and am quite experienced with PbP, 5th edition D&D and Pathfinder.

Not so much with the Eberron setting. For all practical purposes, I'm new to the formal Eberron setting. I've borrowed bits and pieces for my own games and have played in games that use warforged and the Eberron map, but little else. I know very little about the actual setting. I thought this might actually be an advantage regarding the exploration aspect of this game.

application[size]image credit: supergroverfanclub[/size]

Common Name: Meg
Goblinoid name: Corpse-Mother
Race: Bugbear
Class: Barbarian (Totem: Bear most likely, but am still reading all the options)
Alignment: Lawful Good (?) (she tries)
Background: Outlander (outcast)
Character Sheet: (In progress)
Musical Theme: (Insert tragic metal song here)

Concept: A grief damaged barbarian who harbors a seething hatred for evil of any kind, but from goblinoids especially. Good and Evil are concepts that she's still trying to understand, largely by trusting her own moral compass, but also in trusting in the laws of people she tends to see as just and good.

Backstory:
During the Last War, while her Marguul highland warriors fought, she remained at the encampments. Her duty was to the hearth and the children and preparing food for the warriors. War was a life she was born into and all she knew. It wasn't until she had lost her first child to war that she began to examine her culture more critically. She knew he died a warrior and for the good of the tribe, but the cost seemed too high; the value empty and hollow when she looked at his empty spot by the fire. Two more of her children would loose their lives to battle in the next few years. She had even embraced the way of the bear with the in the hopes that the totem's strength would protect them. It had not.

Like all of the other youths she fed and clothed, her children had been bloodthirsty for battle. Again and again she watched as young warriors died in pointless violence. Them and so many other youths, throwing their lives away, sometimes even literally over a scrap of meat around the fire when rations were low.

She had one more child before taking measures to ensure she would bear no more. She had also begun to notice how outsiders always viewed her kin, as monsters. They were attacked on sight if they encountered any other humanoid race. Why? She became mindful of just how sadistic her tribe was. Pain and violence were like siren calls to the hot-blooded young bugbears, leading them to be dashed on bloody rocks. She witnessed the pain and suffering they wrought on their enemies, something she had always accepted as a necessary part of war, but had noticed that their enemies did not do this. They would compassion and mercy on the battlefield, even to her own people. Dispite this weakness, the other races were just as strong in battle.

While out collecting herbs, she happened upon a group of gnomes who were camped near her territory. When she approached peacefully, they did not attack on sight, but they were clearly mistrusting. One of the gnomes, an older man who called himself Buddynutty, offered to share his meal with her. They conversed long into the night, largely about good and evil, the war, and what kind of future they all wanted. When she returned, it was like she saw her people through different eyes.

Her doubts became judgement, her faith turned to cynicism. She began to secretly hate her culture and her tribe. Her last child was young enough to maybe be saved from this perpetual cycle of violence. Working with a group of about eight youths, she tried, in secret, to teach them to control their rage and to consider that, possibly, the tribe's ways were wrong.

She failed. As they reached adolescence, they shunned her efforts. They insulted and mocked her. Then they did worse. She hated them for that, and for what they had become. She hated all of them, and pitied her own. One night, like one would put down a mad dog, she fed these eight young warriors their last meal, meat marinated in poison. After watching her child take his last breath, she laid him with his still brothers and sisters. Then she tried to remove the head of her chief, Tooth Breaker, the bugbear who had lead so many to their deaths. He was too quick, however, and her inexperienced cut too shallow. With his throat cut, he struggled to catch her as she fled, but he was unable to stand. His gurgling shouts called after her in the night. That was the last she saw of her tribe.

Word spread among goblinkin of her bloody betrayal. They spat a cursed name when they told the story, branding her the Corpse-Mother. She knew she would be hunted and killed if she continued alone. Then the mist came. She was spared by the deadly mist, despite her calling after it to take her. The war ended. Was there a place for her in this new era? Would she be able to find acceptance in the city? Years later, she was still trying, but at least she had found the Clifftop Adventurer's Guild.

Goals and other:
Find a new 'tribe' whatever that may be (adventuring party maybe). Ideally, a group of like-minded people who work to actively do good in the world. She doesn't expect to live long enough for long term goals, but she hopes that one day she might find a sense of personal peace and redemption. Perhaps be a grandmother, or grandmother type, with influence over children she that she can be proud of. She has a great desire to ensure that this new peace is a lasting one.

What relationship, if any, do you have with the Dragonmarked Houses?
I need to read more about this. I'm unclear about if this would be a goblinoid thing or not. Are PCs supposed to have such a mark? I'm guessing it is optional. I could see her having one if her tribe had one though.

Do you have a trinket, and if so how did you get it?
Yes. She wears a skirt made from arrow shafts and bolts. Each of them have been fired at her personally. In addition to those fired at her in combat, many came from simple pre-emptive strikes. Some came from outpost archers, others came from elven scouts, more than a dozen from travelers on the road, still others came from guards atop city walls. Over the past couple of years, she has collected them and used them to form her skirt.

What would bring your character fulfillment and/or peace?

Having an active role in achieving a lasting peace so that a generation of children wouldn't know war at all. In a more immediate sense, she finds enjoyment in happy children.

Flaws: I like to think about what flaws my character has. It is easy to get caught up in the coolness and power of a character and forget about the not-so-good parts. Meg buries her pain deep, for she views guilt and emotional pain as weakness. She also has a healthy hatred for herself and what she is, both as a race and what she's done as a person, but she tries not to show it. With all her repressed self loathing, guilt, regret, and fear she has little emotional room left for witch to deal with other people's baggage or drama. Also, she ironically tends to judge goblinoids quite harshly. She feels she has a reason to hate them on sight, because she knows them all too well.

About me:
I have no active games at the moment, (other than running one or two New Player Solo Games at any given time). I've been on this site for a long time and don't plan on leaving any time soon. I can post every day, but do better with a few days to post between DM updates. The most recent game I was in just ended. (The Return to Karredral) If you want to read my posts as an RP sample, feel free. I played a much different character in that game than I'm applying with in this game though (jolly gnome wizard).

bonus writing for funzies

Last edited by Still_Pond; 03-06-2020 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-04-2020, 10:34 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8660
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Hey Still! *waves* Happy to see ya over here

I took the Oath of Sangus
Old 02-04-2020, 11:04 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2932
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34

Last edited by Seekr34; 02-04-2020 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:06 PM
Insert User Title Here.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23870
Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond
Hey Odyssey! I was pretty sure I’d not be the only one of our group to go looking for a new game.

Old 02-05-2020, 03:37 AM
A Most Skeptical Hippo

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3425
davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15 davide15
@Unko Talok, thank you for the feedback!

Old 02-05-2020, 05:11 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3504
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Old 02-05-2020, 05:50 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5803
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
My application for Larien Phiarlan is now complete! I would welcome a review, if you have the time.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old 02-05-2020, 06:53 AM
Rusty Wordsmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4039
BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord
My application for Charming, the 33-year-old Warforged, is complete! Admittedly, I struggled a bit, so I'd welcome any and all feedback.

Last edited by BinnFord; 02-05-2020 at 06:54 AM.