DnD5e Eberron: The Fickle Tendrils of Fate - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-05-2020, 01:32 PM
Electrum DM 2019

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11300
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Getting to feedback, etc, as I find the time today. Boy, y'all are keeping me on my toes!

Now Recruiting: The Fickle Tendrils of Fate
Old 02-05-2020, 02:38 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 221
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
I'm jumping the gun (Staff? Wand?) But I was trying to fill out my character sheet in case I do get accepted. Would we start off with 1st level starting gold, or any extra?
Old 02-05-2020, 02:38 PM
Insert User Title Here.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21995
Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond

Last edited by Still_Pond; 02-05-2020 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-05-2020, 03:43 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2394
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Thanks for the feedback DM! Yeah, many games does die out early. A couple of months ago I finished a game that went for 5 years. Man, that was awesome. A diamond in the rough I guess.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:24 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 65
MarsComulus
Old 02-05-2020, 08:16 PM
Adult Sphinx

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 352
Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius
Completed
...at least for now. I may add a Roleplay Sample or sheet if I have extra time in the near future.

Application Name: Karrantor Soranath
Race: Hill Dwarf
Class: Mountain Druid/Monk
Background: Hermit
Backstory and Goals: Karrantor was born to house Soranath decades before the last war. As an heir of Soranath, Karrantor was expected to be a great craftsman. While he did not like his father Dekkalironís forcefulness, he was yet enthralled with masonry itself, the molding of earth into a new form. When he first had the chance to put his own hands to the shaping of stone, he heard a voice call to him. He eventually discovered this to be the voice the Dragon Between, Eberron herself. As he heard her speak to him, he realized that he must leave his home to commune more directly with her and ran away to the foot of the Hoarfrost Mountains to live in solitude. He spent the entire span of the last war alone in the caves below the Hoarfrost, not entirely unaware of the conflict, but more concerned with the guidance of Eberron, who taught him what little of the Dragon Prophecy that he could understand. She told him of a role that he must fulfill in this prophecy which was soon to come. Eventually the call to act was given to him, he was told that an ancient evil would soon come to light, a force that must be stopped. So he left his life of seclusion, prepared to serve his lady and defend the good that live upon her face.
Am I New? To 5e, no. To Eberron, yes. I do find the lore very interesting though and Iíve pushed to include a good amount for my character concept. Honestly, Iím just looking forward to interacting with a dragon that is literally the planet Iím standing on.

Old 02-05-2020, 08:17 PM
Adult Sphinx

Tools
User Statistics
This game looks super fun! Iíd love to get some feedback too, when you have the time.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:48 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4517
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
I have added a RP sample to my app.

Old 02-06-2020, 07:53 AM
Confused and confounded
Outplay 2011  

Outplay 2013  

Outplay 2014

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26426
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
I've completed my app pending any feedback.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:39 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3073
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by kymrel; 02-06-2020 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-06-2020, 11:56 AM
Electrum DM 2019

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11300
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
A quick note-- if you think your application is complete, but it's not marked as complete in this table, please make a new post in this thread letting me know. Same goes for if you've asked a question that I've missed.

Alrightee, back to answering questions and feedback! First, there's a question to be answered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest
Would we start off with 1st level starting gold, or any extra?
Short answer: You get starting gold/equipment for this game, no extra.

Slightly longer answer: I'm still getting my head wrapped around the gold/treasure economy of 5E. All the sources I've found suggest starting wealth for lvls 1-3. I've been so used to the supra-linear wealth-by-level pattern you see in DnD3.5/Pathfinder. But 5E seems to be a bit more loosey-goosey with gold and equipment. I'm trying to make sure I give out "enough" wealth per adventure, based on some resources I've found online. But chances are I'll be checking with the players throughout the game to make sure I'm offering enough treasure... And they will always, 100% of the time, say "MOAR TREASURE!!!" Y'all can help me learn and grow as a DM, right?

Now Recruiting: The Fickle Tendrils of Fate
Old 02-06-2020, 12:36 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3073
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by kymrel; 02-06-2020 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-06-2020, 01:11 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6400
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Alright, I think my app for Talus is completed. I may add an RP for kicks, of course. I have Talus's voice down pretty well, however. He's a transplant from a game that didn't last I hope that's okay!

I took the Oath of Sangus
Old 02-06-2020, 01:17 PM
Insert User Title Here.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21995
Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond

Wealth is tricky in 5e, I agree. I played a wizard in my last game and really felt the lack of wealth a lot. If my familiar died, I couldn't afford to call it again. If I found a spell, I couldn't afford to copy it. Fighters can coast for many levels without much more than drinking money, but a caster needs more. I suppose it depends on how many consumables a class's power is based on. I'd probably go with starting wealth and then try to imagine what loot I'd have given out as a DM for a few levels worth of encounters to get to level 3. Then give everyone that bonus gold platinum, or possibly just bonus equipment. For example, maybe making sure the rogue has thieves tools or that the caster has that expensive pearl for identify - stuff like that. Or, if you want to keep it lean, just have the PCs be a little hungry.

Old 02-06-2020, 01:19 PM
Adult Sphinx

Tools
User Statistics