RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-11-2020, 12:46 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1197
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
Thank you for running this! I'm new to V20, but am a fan of all things Vampire.

Is there a good quick start guide or suggested reading for character generation? Or is it best to dive into the core rulebook?
Old 02-11-2020, 03:47 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 172
Ermine Ermine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviticus View Post
Thank you for running this! I'm new to V20, but am a fan of all things Vampire.

Is there a good quick start guide or suggested reading for character generation? Or is it best to dive into the core rulebook?
I personally just dove right in.

Kinda like running this.

Because it's my first time running this.

But at least I have the first post drafted already? (I'm excited to run this).

Last edited by Ermine; 02-11-2020 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-11-2020, 01:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1197
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
Thank you, Ermine. That makes great sense. I'll dive right in, too.

@taleteller50, I'm working up a character that would work as a bouncer in your nightclub.
Old 02-11-2020, 07:32 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1497
swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82
Hey Starflier, I was able to get a bit of the idea for Di down and figured I'd talk with ya about how she and Wren could work off each other.

Way I see it Di and Wren could probably bond over stories over overbearing parents but while Di shook off the bridle keeping her under the 'rents control Wren hasn't been able to find the strength to do the same. She what Di could have been if she hadn't rebelled and Di wants to change that, at least as far as she sees it. Of course Wren isn't the type to just get over her mothers oppression with a big ol' shove in the right direction, she'd just curl up and let it happen before returning to the status quo. Di recognizes this and knows she has to do things slow, leading by example until Wren is ready to punch out of that cage herself.

Of course Di's passionate enough that there might be a time or two where her own ideals get pushed to the forefront, while Wren just follows behind without thinking, but Di's ideology of freedom first will help to keep a balance since she doesn't want Wren to just be dragged along. Di want's Wren to take the step herself.

It's kind of like that 'Bad Girl' friend who keeps trying to convince the 'Good Girl' to break out and have fun but who still respects the 'Good Girl' enough to dissolve her life into total chaos or really hurt her. Meanwhile Wren can help Di to control her more abrasive qualities out so not to cause her friend trouble rather then out of respect for authority which Di would balk at.

What do you think? Seems to me they'd balance each other pretty well.

Last edited by swordplay82; 02-11-2020 at 07:37 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 04:22 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5939
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviticus View Post
Thank you, Ermine. That makes great sense. I'll dive right in, too.

@taleteller50, I'm working up a character that would work as a bouncer in your nightclub.
Always good to have some muscle
Old 02-12-2020, 04:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2871
Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier
Quote:
Originally Posted by swordplay82 View Post
What do you think? Seems to me they'd balance each other pretty well.
I think they could have an interesting relationship for certain, depending on whether they knew each other before the embrace or not. As performers they would likely run in some of the same circles so even if they weren't good friends, they might recognize the other; a friendly face among the newly damned. Laverne and Shirley and Gehenna. Wren's background is purposefully pretty vague at the moment, so while I have an idea of the more important stuff that brought her to this point, there's plenty of room for addition.

In other Vampire related news, my first attempt at a character sheet was... not good. It was good practice to familiarize myself with the process, but without having a good frame for how the game actually plays or how the in-game setting plays out it's tricky trying to place some of those points. I also completely messed up one part, but I've got that sorted now. I think. Round 2...
Old 02-12-2020, 05:01 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
If you need any help Starflier, I'd be happy to give some assistance.

ALSO..

I was wondering what kind of Club Vic should be making. This is for Everyone. Given that we might have a pair of performers it looks like it might be one with a live performance stage; possibly with a puck or rocker vibe.

Hey Starflier, any idea the type of music Wren will be performing/focusing on?

Also.. Also..

A question for our GM. For us to have a link to a blood bag service, like a blood bank or other source of extracted blood, would that be Herd? Maybe Allies? What do you think? Technically Herd gives you sources of Blood but the people also ack as stoolies. I guess Vic does need a bar staff.

Last edited by taleteller50; 02-12-2020 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 05:08 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2417
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Hard rock café. Sixties and seventies music, obviously. Several pool tables, lots and lots of cigarette smoke.

… as a Vietnam veteran, Dean might be a bit biased .

In all seriousness though, I was thinking that, since Dean looks out over a community of homeless people, maybe Vic could be persuaded to give some of them a job?

Also good to see you again, taleteller! Looking forward to gaming with Vic again .
Old 02-12-2020, 06:21 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1497
swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82
Di would go for the punk or rock vibe. Even a rave like party could work. Just NO Pop music. It's got to have an edge to it.1

Last edited by swordplay82; 02-12-2020 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:22 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Ermine Ermine
Quote:
A question for our GM. For us to have a link to a blood bag service, like a blood bank or other source of extracted blood, would that be Herd? Maybe Allies? What do you think? Technically Herd gives you sources of Blood but the people also ack as stoolies. I guess Vic does need a bar staff.
Would just be something you could do with Resources.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:56 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonSlayer View Post
Hard rock café. Sixties and seventies music, obviously. Several pool tables, lots and lots of cigarette smoke.

… as a Vietnam veteran, Dean might be a bit biased .

In all seriousness though, I was thinking that, since Dean looks out over a community of homeless people, maybe Vic could be persuaded to give some of them a job?

Also good to see you again, taleteller! Looking forward to gaming with Vic again .
Nice to see you too Demon. This Vic is a little different given the scope of the game but much will be similar. As for your homeless friends I don't see Vic having a problem hiring them for janitorial work or other behind the scene work; especially if it means he can have you and them keeping an eye on things around the area. Vic plans on having the club a little higher class so it's unlikely he'd put them out front but a shower in an employee locker room would at least let them get cleaned up for work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
Would just be something you could do with Resources.
Thanks. Went with a few Herd as well to just have some employees who aren't necessarily skilled but could be at least trusted.
Old 02-13-2020, 01:09 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Ermine Ermine
Based on the introduction, Vic will have to be introduced later than everyone else; the rest are meeting with the elders first.

Edit: I guess he could have met a few beforehand...

Last edited by Ermine; 02-13-2020 at 01:30 AM.
Old 02-13-2020, 01:14 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2871
Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier
Quote:
Originally Posted by taleteller50 View Post
Hey Starflier, any idea the type of music Wren will be performing/focusing on?
Less and less every time I go back to thinking about it.
Old 02-13-2020, 01:51 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
Based on the introduction, Vic will have to be introduced later than everyone else; the rest are meeting with the elders first.

Edit: I guess he could have met a few beforehand...
I don't really see a reason he couldn't know a few of the others, even if they don't work with him yet. Di and Wren appear to be musicians he could have hired to represent the house band. Leviticus's says his character might be a bouncer type. Even Dean might know of Vic from when he is hiring people for the bar. I figured the introduction I presented was general enough that it could have been anyone coming into the club looking to party or to catch a quick snack.

He might have offered jobs to them at some point but that doesn't mean they would have said yes at the time.

I can rework the introduction if being called in by city elders is the first time the group has met each other. I wrote it the way I did more as a way to show Vic in his element and how he might meet other vampires rather then a specific introduction during a summoned meeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starflier View Post
Less and less every time I go back to thinking about it.
With your character's personality this makes perfect sense. Maybe she was trained for multiple styles by her mother but her 'team up' with Di has aimed Wren towards Rock, Punk, and Dance since she couldn't make up her mind herself. She didn't choose these styles of music, Di did and now Wren's 'adapting' to her new social circle because she sees this as her only chance; since none of the other venues have put her on stage yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have the first floor of the club done, what do you all think?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vic's Club - 1st Floor.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	618.5 KB
ID:	83123  

Last edited by taleteller50; 02-13-2020 at 01:57 AM.
Old 02-13-2020, 03:29 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Ermine Ermine
Do you have a name for the club?