Other [Witcher TRPG] The Ofieri Heist - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-10-2020, 02:25 PM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1774
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
[Witcher TRPG] The Ofieri Heist

Game NameThe Ofieri Heist
Game SystemOther Roleplaying Games
ThemeOrganized Crime, Dark Fantasy, A Grand Heist
FlavourDark Fantasy, Personal Stories and Organized Crime
Plot Summary
The I've also seen it written as "Ofir", but according to the Core Rulebook it's "Ofier", so I'll just be rolling with what's in the rules.Ofieri Heist
A Witcher Tabletop RPG Campaign
A tavern called the Leaking PurseThere is many a place among the provinces of Nilfgaard that one would suggest a merchant rich in wares dare not venture: Gheso "Bandit's Road", the infamous town of "Claremont", Ebbing... And gods help you if you so much as step too close to a Vicovarian rose bush. There's little reason for a successful merchant to pass through Ebbing, unless it's on their way to Maecht. The skies above are looking grim, as though the sky itself was reflecting upon the state of the roads you travel. The sound of horses and carvan wheels turning were the only noise made as you guide your cart to a tavern on the side of the road, backed by marshes and swamplands. The tavern identifies itself with a not-so-proud sign, visibly aged and unmaintained with scratches and holes from arrows in it. The tavern name you can just about make out as being the 'Leaking Purse'. You decide it may be best to take a rest here, maybe even have a drink if the service is good... Though in the countryside of Gheso 'good' is rarely the word used to describe services.

You step inside the tavern as people are drinking and arguing, you cast your eyes across the room and spot a lone cloaked man who sits alone at a table, hood pulled up as to obscure his facial features as he holds his drink in one hand and in the other, a gold coin with the head of what looked to be a striped equine on it. The man looks up from the coin in his hand, grinning his grimy teeth at you, holding the coin up towards you and motioning for you to sit before him. You take up the man's offer and sit down across the table from him.

"You've never seen a coin like this before, 'eh? It's an Ofieri trinket, a commemorative coin of something or other. I don't know what it's commemorating or what it even says, but it sure is worth a pretty penny to the right people." he begins, flicking the coin in the air and catching it with cat-like grace, holding the clutched hand to his chest "But see, the thing with Ofieri goods is that sometimes, they aren't everything they seem to be." the stranger starts, opening his hand to you, revealing that the coin is now in fact gone, having vanished from his grip. The stranger suddenly begins to have a coughing fit, beating his clenched fists against his chest before he opened his mouth and spat the coin out into his open palm, spittle, and droplets of blood on the eyes of the horse. A curious trick indeed. "You wondered why we never really see any Ofieri traders here among the Nilfgaard provinces? It's quite the story, I assure you." said the Stranger, looking over to the corner of the tavern where a ring of men had formed and started cheering as two patrons began to beat each other. The Stranger laughs and shakes his head at this display "Typical Gheso... As I was saying, it's quite the story, a group of people brought together by a nobleman's castle filled with treasure, the rise of an uneasy syndicate. An elven female who runs an extortion operation, forging evidence of crimes and holding it above the heads of Ebbing's merchants and craftsmen.Fethlan the Crook, A religious zealot who runs a currency and artwork forging operation. A majority of Gheso's False Coins and forged artwork come from Orthidin Dckelzond's partner in crime.Orthidin Deckelzond, A female Nilfgaardian human, Nalava Aep Gulloch is a big player in the ongoing banditry around Gheso and Ebbing's borders.Nalava Aep Gulloch and A Mahakam exile, Yerdun Vunlar is the head of Gheso and Ebbing's biggest stolen goods fencing operation with contacts across The Continent.Yerdun Vunlar forming an alliance to rob a Nobleman of something greater than coin." the Stranger exclaims with a grin, pulling a GWENT card from within his cloak and slapping it down on the table.

"How about you go get some mead, get out your Gwent deck and sit down as I'm about to tell you a tale you wouldn't believe..." The sound of thunderous cheering came once more as a tall bald-headed man collapsed to the ground among a ring of men, his shorter opponent raising his arms as the boisterous victor before he was handed a mug, which he immediately drank... Five minutes later the man begins to violently shake and froth at the mouth, falling dead in a bowl of vegetable soup.

So what's the plot?The campaign will be focused around a band of players who have fallen into debt (or are perhaps in servitude) with different Gheso / Ebbing crimelords who have all come together to plan a heist under the sponsorship of an anonymous benefactor, the party will be in charge of preparing and executing the heist while also being the ones who have to bring the loot to the pawn in Gheso. Upon delivering the loot, the party will be free of their debt.
  • Noble a corrupt Nilfgaardian noble who wishes to see their coffers grow.
  • Sorceress/Magician, men and women of magic, who in their right mind could turn down the chance at examining some magical Ofieri artifacts?
  • Doctor, a sawbones or even organ marketeer who has had enough with simply being a cog in the machine and finally wants to taste some of that upper-class pie.
  • Druid/Priest being part of the Church for the Holy flame can be... Beneficial at times, though the coin is notably insufficient that or you owe a favor to a certain crime boss.
  • Bard nobody questions a bard walking into a tavern or traveling any of the many roads of the continent, they've seen use as spies, informants, even rats for the empire.
  • Criminal a career criminal is quite at home among the organized crime rings of Gheso and Ebbing: Slavers, thieves, charlatans, they're all in the same illegal business and most often than not they come to Gheso to sell off their loot and hide from their bounty-riddled tracks.
  • Man-At-Arms a Highwayman or enforcer, someone who knows how to hold and use a weapon, someone who knows the difference between wielding a sword and mindlessly swinging it.
  • Merchant, criminals steal, a fence peddles and you sell it straight back to the original owner! That's the nature of the business: it's all about coin, trade and a friendly face.
  • Craftsman, someone has to repair stolen or damaged goods and there's good coin in it, that person may as well be you.
  • Witcher, a Witcher who owes a favor to a criminal overlord is a dangerous asset indeed, even more so if the life of crime is of his own choosing.

If it's not obvious, I am intending for this game to be dark and there's entirely the possibility that a character might die, whether it's falling to your death, the blade of a Nilfgaardian Secret Serviceman or even beheading. That being said though, I won't be completely ignoring rays of hope or joyous/comical moments. I'm here to write a story about player-made characters in a world I love with other people, not ruin your day with a post about how an Arachas ripped your leg off, a Bruxa devoured your baby or how a Katakan married then murdered your cousin twice-removed.

In this game, I will be sticking to my normal one Witcher & Mage per-party rule. If you're interested in playing a Witcher or Sorcerer/Sorceress, please mention it in your application! I will be rolling to determine who gets to play the party Witcher in a separate thread.

The Character Creation ProcessIf you've any experience with R.Talsorian's Cyberpunk 2020, then you'll no doubt be familiar with the Lifepath character generation. Those not familiar with it, it works a little bit like this: You choose your characters name, race, profession, and sex then roll for a number of factors in your characters life such as Homeland, Family Status, Number of siblings and Life Events (one for every 10 years of living).

In my previous experience of running The Witcher TRPG, I've come to learn that the default starting points of 60 tend to result in superhuman characters for everybody, not just Witchers. As a result of this, I am putting a rule in place - unless your character is a Witcher you cannot have a Physical/Mental stat Unless it's a natural bonusover 7, the same goes for Mages except instead of a Physical Stat, it's a Mental stat.

The total number of points you, as the players will have allocated to spend on your character's stats in character creation are 49.
In regards to rolling lifepath, we will be handling that in a private thread for each character.
The application deadline is - 02/March03/2020

Player ApplicationWhat profession are you interested in playing?: [Noble/If Mage, please select a second/third profession you would be interested in playing.Mage/Doctor/Druid/Priest/Bard/Criminal/Man-At-Arms/Merchant/Craftsman/If Witcher, please select a secondary/third profession you would be interested in playing.Witcher]
What is your experience with the Witcher?: [Read the Books/Played the Games/GWENT Addiction/Binge-watched Witcher George/The Witcher Netflix Series]
What kind of subplots & themes are you interested in seeing?: [Character Lifepath Events/Dealing with Character Rivals/Planning the Heist/Criminal Activities]
What is your post frequency? [1/2/3 Posts a week]
Character Example: [An example of a previous character you have played. Any TTRPG system is applicable.]
Post Example: [An example of your posting format/style]

The World of The Witcher'The Witcher' whether you first heard of it through the Sapkowski novels or the CDProjektRed RPG trilogy, it's more than likely you've heard of this series of fantasy novels/games at some point in the past few years. Hearing about it doesn't necessarily tell you what it's about, though. The Witcher is (geographically) based on the war-torn "Continent", where there are three main political bodies to be concerned about: The Redania, Kaedwen, Aedirn, Temeria, Skellige, Kovir & Poviss, The Hengefor's League, Lyria & Rivia, Cidaris, and Verden.Northern Kingdoms, Nilfgaard, Etolia, Vicovaro, Gemmera, Ebbing, Maecht, Mettina, Gheso, Nazair, Mag Turga, Angren, and CintraThe Empire of Nilfgaard & Mahakam and Dol BlathannaThe Elderlands.

In recent history, the two main political bodies of the Continent have been the Northern Kingdoms and their southern neighbor: The Empire of Nilfgaard, which has aggressively expanded and conquered the Nordling kingdoms. Nilfgaard sees the Nordlings as savage and uncivilized, while the people of the Northern Kingdoms typically see the Nilfgaardians as cruel and heartless slavers, of course, that isn't to say every Nilfgaardian or Nordling is loyal to their respective kingdoms.

Below are the summaries of the first two These events are important to the history of the Witcher World but are by no means necessary to read. The "Conjunction of the Spheres" & Witchers information spoilers are the only events I would claim to be a must-read to understand the Witcher world.Northern Wars, these (especially the Summary of the first and second Nilfgaard War) contain potential Book, future Netflix Seasons and Game spoilers. You have been warned.

Below are details about The titular monster slayers themselves.The Witchers, Why there are so few Witchers in the world today.The Fall of The Witchers and the The event that brought Magic and Monsters to the world.Conjunction of The Spheres. These may contain spoilers for extended reading materials and the Games, so proceed with warning.

Applicants
UserProfessions of Choice
LtTibblesCriminal / Man-At-Arms/ Priest
Howling Winds ofNoble / Criminal / Mage
GodBobDoctor / Bard
DuskSkullyWitcher
EddasMage / Man-At-arms
DaniloreBard / Man-at-Arms / Criminal
KymrelWitcher / Criminal

Last edited by Marshmallow; Yesterday at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:41 PM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Giving this a lil bump!
Old 02-10-2020, 08:48 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 611
LtTibbles LtTibbles LtTibbles LtTibbles LtTibbles LtTibbles
Getting together a application still but I'm extremely excited for this game!
Old 02-11-2020, 05:11 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1457
Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtTibbles View Post
Getting together a application still but I'm extremely excited for this game!
I second this comment 100%!
Old 02-11-2020, 05:50 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1457
Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of
Post reserved for the application below

What profession are you interested in playing?: Criminal, Noble or Mage
What is your experience with the Witcher?: GWENT and a little bit of games experience (mostly Witcher 3). I have heard many good things about Netflix and the books, but have yet to read them!
What kind of subplots & themes are you interested in seeing?: Would like to see a mix of character and party development. If that is through Lifepath events/or story arcs, then so be it! Would also like to see he group, as a group, pull off the heist!
What is your post frequency? 2 to 3 a week
Character Example: I will add this!
Post Example: I will add this!

Last edited by Howling Winds of; 02-12-2020 at 02:59 AM.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:22 AM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for the express in interest, I'll be adding the table for player/character applications soon.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:49 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 541
GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob
Perfect timing for this thread, last week I was looking at the Witcher TTRPG wondering if I'll ever get the chance to play it!

What profession are you interested in playing?: Either Doctor or Bard

What is your experience with the Witcher?: Recently finished Witcher 3 and Hearts of Stone (currently playing Blood and Wine), and watched the Netflix series. I picked up The Last Wish but I haven't read it yet - still gotta finish reading ASOIAF :P

What kind of subplots & themes are you interested in seeing?: I would love to see how the Lifepath system plays out throughout an adventure as a side-quest ordeal (or wrapped directly with the main objective). Planning out and executing a heist is also always a fun time in tabletop!

What is your post frequency? 2 posts/week

Character Example: Merylynn Gravelgut, a Dwarf from the mountains of her homeland who is on a quest to make a legend of herself that matches her ancestral heirloom: a magical warhammer known as Troll's Bane

Post Example:
Merylynn meeting some of her new allies, carousing at a pub
Same character in a fight
Old 02-11-2020, 10:58 AM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
I've run about 3 games of this system and I've honestly not seen a single person pick bard before, believe it or not, which is a shame because it's got some pretty fun and useful class abilities.

Last edited by Marshmallow; 02-11-2020 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-11-2020, 01:42 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 611
LtTibbles LtTibbles LtTibbles LtTibbles LtTibbles LtTibbles
Player ApplicationWhat profession are you interested in playing?: [Criminal/Man-At-Arms/Maybe Priest]
What is your experience with the Witcher?: [Reading the Last Wish Currently/Played the Games/Binge-watched GoT/The Witcher Netflix Series]
What kind of subplots & themes are you interested in seeing?: [Character Lifepath Events/Planning the Heist/Criminal Activities]
What is your post frequency? [1/2 Posts a week]
Character Example: Baltu, a Vulture PersonTsing Goun camel herder who's village was wiped out by another clan of raiders. Now traveling in hopes that he can gain the strength and coin to take his revenge on the clan the had destroyed his life.
Post Example: First encounter with one of the raiders that destroyed his village and hearing that she would be sold into slavery.
Baltu waking up after being saved from getting himself killed.
Finding out he's being forced into a duel to the death for his freedom.

Last edited by LtTibbles; 02-11-2020 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-11-2020, 02:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3457
Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade
Just sticking my nose in here as a massive lover of all things Witcher and Witcher lore. Good luck with the game, it looks absolutely amazing. I only wish I had the RPG or knowledge of the rules otherwise I’d be putting in an app .

Recruiting for: Voyage to the Edge of the World - an epic seabound voyage fraught with peril
Old 02-11-2020, 06:28 PM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
I was going to say there's the Easy Mode introduction booklet, but that's not so much a free starter pack than an alternate free introductionary pack.
Old 02-11-2020, 07:57 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6065
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
This is really cool! I wish I had time for another game, but alas I do not. I will be watching though, great to see a game like this come along!
Old 02-11-2020, 09:20 PM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry to hear that Sageheart! If you're interested in seeing a bit more of the system, there's an official R.Talsorian podcast (with Doug Cockle on the cast!) or you can check out my "Family Matters" game that's ongoing right now.
Nomad
Old 02-11-2020, 10:17 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 541
GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob
That does remind me, are you looking for players that are familiar with the system? I haven’t played it yet and have browsed the PDF a little, so if I were in I’d probably have a lotta questions right off the bat lol
Old 02-11-2020, 10:47 PM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
You don't need to be familiar with the system, this is open to people of all experience.