Game Thread Rock and Wind - Page 14 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #196  
Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 11:25 PM
Kainti's Avatar
Kainti Kainti is offline
Pissant
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 3rd, 2014
RPXP: 300
Kainti Kainti Kainti Kainti
Posts: 1,696
The time for inaction has passed, again, but moreso! Sylin took off on all fours and circled the human members of the party, barking wildly. Hopefully, with their attention, he halted his frantic movements. With a hop on two hind legs Sylin made his eyes wide. After landing he repeatedly opened, and closed his jaw. Then he scratched behind his ear, because it was itchy.

Surely, they would understand the meaning of this!

Oh who the hell am I kidding? Sylin began to rigorously scratch that ear of his, oooooh yeaaaahhh.
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old Oct 24th, 2008, 07:36 AM
mountainbound's Avatar
mountainbound mountainbound is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 13th, 2024
RPXP: 35717
mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound
Posts: 10,662
The big black bear makes an inarticulate grunt, then turns to Jorgen. He faces the cleric for a few moments, then lumbers over to sniff the new puddle on the ground. Just can't resist investigating a nice fresh piss...
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old Oct 24th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Embrodak's Avatar
Embrodak Embrodak is offline
Lemon Eater
Good People  

Elder Event Judge  

Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 24th, 2023
RPXP: 25373
Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak
Posts: 20,223
JÝrgen looks from Roy nodding his head as he turns looking to "the Wretch".

"Who are you? Who are you to speak to us with out moving your lips? Who are you to have a strange set of woman's lips?" the priest says firmly. "Are you actually the witch? Why are you going to all this trouble to get us to see you?"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old Oct 24th, 2008, 09:49 AM
TheChuck's Avatar
TheChuck TheChuck is offline
Big Muscles
Event Judge  

Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 30th, 2024
RPXP: 36965
TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck
Posts: 17,465
Preston remains lost in thought, his memories of his beloved wife overcoming the need to pay attention to his surrounding for a moment.

Snapping back to reality, he replies to the man, This "god" of which you speak, what does he profess as his commandments? What must be done to earn his favor? If we find this Witch of Wildmear will she cure us? Or just point us in the direction of someone else who supposedly can help us? We were all drawn to this place, for what reason we know not, but you are certainly odd enough that finding you may have been our purpose here.

Preston turns to his companions, noting the wolf and bear acting strangely, and asks them, What say you? Listen to this old mad man, or find our own way?

 
__________________
Post of the Month! Go nominate someone!
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old Oct 24th, 2008, 10:43 PM
ridin gaijin's Avatar
ridin gaijin ridin gaijin is offline
site dinosaur
Event Judge  

Former Staff  

Hall of Fame DM 2008  

Hall of Fame DM 2009
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 12th, 2024
RPXP: -9600
ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin
Posts: 10,866
"Ha aha ha. No. I am not the Witch. I know of her, merely. The fact is, the person you're speaking to is miles away.

"The Witch might cure you. I don't know. We are all on a journey, and yours--all of yours--has many more twists and turns than most. The Witch of Wildmear lies on your path, that much I do know.

"The new God...if you seek the new God out, in time you will find Him and Her. He, and She, is a God of Knowledge, of Light in the darkness, of succor in the wilds. Of shelter through shared endeavor. The new God comes to bring peace and civilization to these northern lands...

"...You might say, to bring mankind out of its rough and bestial state."


The chained form remains unmoving, except for the mouth. "I think I shall take my leave."

__________________
ridin status: all good here.

NO xp please! It's no longer possible to earn negative xp. These gray dots are highly endangered! Don't kill them!
Reply With Quote
  #201  
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 01:46 AM
mountainbound's Avatar
mountainbound mountainbound is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 13th, 2024
RPXP: 35717
mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound
Posts: 10,662
Roy is cynical. Cynical of promises of curing the curse that has plagued him for 2/3s of his 30-odd years... Cynical of some god who for some "benevolent" reason wants to civilize the inhabitants of these northern lands who call themselves humans... Cynical of the lure of some poor bastard who speaks with somebody else's mouth. But...

But... Roy has been fighting a bear blacker than most could ever imagine -- present company excluded. A bear who lives for food, for the kill, for the merciless moon, and cares nothing for the shreds of a normal life he might have once tired to preserve. And so promises of a cure, however far-fetched, cannot be simply disregarded. Hope springs eternal, and for a FUCd sufferer, the hope for a cure easily outweighs any pessimism that might introduce something called reason into the equation.

A cure? Sure. I'm listening.

Last edited by mountainbound; Oct 25th, 2008 at 10:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Ascendant's Avatar
Ascendant Ascendant is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 10th, 2011
RPXP: 82
Ascendant
Posts: 2,433
Ulric has remained silent, staring at the eerie chained . . . man . . . with rapt attention. A cure is such a miraculous offer that he's almost incapable of any reaction other than skepticism. A trap, I know it's a trap. He nearly objects vocally to the concept of relying on a witch, but then he considers how his own powers might be viewed but the general peasantry and clamps his jaw shut again.

And a new God . . . Ulric knew well the worship of the old ones, but they hadn't done much to help the one priest he ever really knew. He looks at the others to see their reactions and nods along with their statements as he backs away slowly. He obviously doesn't want to interact with this . . . whatever-it-is any more than he absolutely has to.

 
__________________
"Back me up, and I'll cut a path through these guys . . . Wait, did I say 'path?' I mean a five-lane blacktop highway with a two-lane service road - and I'm packin' a fist full of tokens and a radar detector." Belkar
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old Oct 27th, 2008, 10:27 AM
TheChuck's Avatar
TheChuck TheChuck is offline
Big Muscles
Event Judge  

Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 30th, 2024
RPXP: 36965
TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck
Posts: 17,465
Preston's face turns sour upon noticing the discrepancy between the chained man's too large lips and words. With the disgusted look on his face, he goes on, Then I ask this, why help us? Who are you that claims to know so much about us?
__________________
Post of the Month! Go nominate someone!
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 09:58 PM
ridin gaijin's Avatar
ridin gaijin ridin gaijin is offline
site dinosaur
Event Judge  

Former Staff  

Hall of Fame DM 2008  

Hall of Fame DM 2009
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 12th, 2024
RPXP: -9600
ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin
Posts: 10,866
OOCI am very sorry for the absence! An intense new job, combined with no internet yet in my new apartment, constrain my time. Internet should arrive Thursday, but then is Halloween (kids trick or treating) and the day after (The Day of the Dead, in Mexico) is my youngest daughter's birthday. I apologize again for being scarce!



The figure is completely silent. He ignores all requests or commands to reply...eventually, of course, someone will go up to him, maybe give him a shove. And that's when that someone realizes that this man has been dead for about a day.

When the figure is touched, the nearly-obscene mouth vanishes, revealing the man's normal features.
__________________
ridin status: all good here.

NO xp please! It's no longer possible to earn negative xp. These gray dots are highly endangered! Don't kill them!
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 10:27 PM
TheChuck's Avatar
TheChuck TheChuck is offline
Big Muscles
Event Judge  

Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 30th, 2024
RPXP: 36965
TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck
Posts: 17,465
Preston's grimace of disgust deepens further with the revelation that the man is dead, and has been for some time. Well that was exceedingly odd. Looking around the room again, the were leopard sees the tunnel from which they entered and then the tunnel, presumably through which they must travel to continue on their quest. What do you guys think? Go find this witch? Kill the giant? Both?
__________________
Post of the Month! Go nominate someone!
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Kainti's Avatar
Kainti Kainti is offline
Pissant
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 3rd, 2014
RPXP: 300
Kainti Kainti Kainti Kainti
Posts: 1,696
With a whimper Sylin backed away from the corpse. He noted mentally that, being that he couldn't speak as an animal, he should take advantage of his other senses. In example, smelling a body to reassure hiself that it wasn't a corpse.

Preston's question perked up Sylin's ears a bit. Though unable to contribute, the youth felt part of something now. Not in a good way, like being accepted into a group. This, second only to being a lycanthrope, was the weirdest thing he had ever seen. The corpse was meant for them, meaning Sylin too! For what reason, what motive? The concept twisted his mind. Damn the villagers and their giant, if he was no longer a wolf they wouldn't have the problem. Then again, this group of like-cursed individuals did pack the power needed to end terror in a way that the villagers and their worthless prayers and sacrifices could not.

Torn, Sylin turned his attention to sniffing about. Whatever was to happen, he'd just follow along, be part of the difference for a change.
 
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Embrodak's Avatar
Embrodak Embrodak is offline
Lemon Eater
Good People  

Elder Event Judge  

Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 24th, 2023
RPXP: 25373
Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak
Posts: 20,223
JÚrgen looks to Preston. "Really... What else is there to do... Go our separate ways and pray we don't fall prey to the beasts within. Or should we stay together and track down this witch?"

The man begins to walk towards the light. "I have nothing better to do so I say we stick together. Let's kill two birds with one stone, take out the giant on our way to the witch."
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old Oct 30th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Ascendant's Avatar
Ascendant Ascendant is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 10th, 2011
RPXP: 82
Ascendant
Posts: 2,433
"'Kill two birds with one stone'? If we try to fight a giant, we'll be the only ones getting killed," Ulric retorts, "though, probably, it will be with stones. Giants are good at killing things with stones." He throws up his hands, partially in exasperation and partially just to stretch in the cavern after the cramped tunnel. The action aggravates the not-yet-fully-healed wounds on his back, and Ulric quickly lowers his arms with a grimace. "Ugh . . . anyway, why are we still even talking about the giant? I thought we were just going to forget about that . . . With the witch, even if she has some kind of weird magic, if it comes down to it we can probably overpower her. And I don't think we have that option with the giant."

He crosses his arms and rubs them a bit. He really wasn't dressed for spelunking, and the cold dark cave was starting to make him shiver. He looks at Jorgen's retreating form, and jogs a bit to catch up, calling after him. "Listen, I know you don't like it, but you know we're far too dangerous with this - this curse, to help anybody. We need to get cured, and this is the only lead we have. We won't have this chance if we let ourselves get eaten by some giant . . ."

Ulric's eyes go wide. "Dear gods . . . and wait, what if we don't kill the giant but we wound him? What if he gets cursed like us? If we don't fight the giant one village suffers, but if we give it this . . . power . . . what happens to all the human settlements anywhere near there?" Gods, I can't believe I never thought of that. This is a disease . . . we can infect other people just like we got infected ourselves . . .
__________________
"Back me up, and I'll cut a path through these guys . . . Wait, did I say 'path?' I mean a five-lane blacktop highway with a two-lane service road - and I'm packin' a fist full of tokens and a radar detector." Belkar

Last edited by Ascendant; Oct 30th, 2008 at 01:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old Oct 30th, 2008, 02:28 PM
mountainbound's Avatar
mountainbound mountainbound is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 13th, 2024
RPXP: 35717
mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound
Posts: 10,662
Silent, the bear-Roy lumbers at the back of the pack. With a heavy fur coat on, the damp of the cave doesn't bother him. None-the-less, he's ready to see the sun again. As he walks, his mind wanders to thoughts of roast leg of giant, smothered in a rich Madeira sauce, and garnished with a sprig of parsley.

 
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old Oct 30th, 2008, 09:45 PM
ridin gaijin's Avatar
ridin gaijin ridin gaijin is offline
site dinosaur
Event Judge  

Former Staff  

Hall of Fame DM 2008  

Hall of Fame DM 2009
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 12th, 2024
RPXP: -9600
ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin
Posts: 10,866
Jorgen doesn't seem to respond to Ulric's protests, and, with varying degrees of motivation, the group moves out into the midmorning sunshine. The valley those farmers mentioned is, after all, on the way to Verge, and Wildmear. Perhaps the words of the corpse--or rather, whatever agency was speaking through the corpse--turn over in your thoughts...The Witch...her minders...needing to be paid...and perhaps, too, memories of the hunters' comments about the missing craftsmen on their way to the Silver Fair strikes a note.

Regardless, the next phase of your journey seems about to begin. With skeleton warriors and spiked traps, to say nothing of the speaking dead, Toar Amon could well be the stuff of nightmare for a few days to come; and no one can truly be sad to see its naked, ruin-strewn slope fade from sight behind you.

You're moving north now, three men, a bear and a wolf. Morning turns to afternoon...




if you mean to be looking for food and water, we'll need some Survival rolls plse
__________________
ridin status: all good here.

NO xp please! It's no longer possible to earn negative xp. These gray dots are highly endangered! Don't kill them!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:51 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB