twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 12-15-2018, 06:07 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 603
Chattydash Chattydash Chattydash Chattydash Chattydash Chattydash
Arcane trickster rogue 5e help with spell choice.

I want to choose the arcane trickster subclass for two diffrent characters. When i reach level 3. I like to plan in advance.
I want to know what spells and cantrips should i choose for two diffrent settings.
The first is a no social or exploration game. It is just combat. (Character is called Shade.)
The second is a little bit of everything. (Character is called Midnight.)
Can only take Enchantment and Illusion spells. (With the exception of 1 1st,2nd,3rd level spells which can come from any school)

Shades spell choice
This is the character i struggle to pick spells as it is just for fighting. (I prefer to use range. Most spells knock enemy prone.)
I plan to go to level 14 with this character (10 known spells, 4 level 1, 3 level 2, 3 level 3,)
Can only take Enchantment and Illusion spells. (With the exception of 1 1st,2nd,3rd level spells which can come from any school)
Cantrips: Mage hand, True strike and Fire bolt. After level 10 i will take Green-Flame Blade
Spells;
Level 1: Colour spray, Tasha's Hideous Laughter and Find familiar(any school) (Owl). After level 4 i will take Silent Image.
Level 2: Shadow Blade, Hold Person, Shatter (any school but will change when get 3rd level spells.), Mirror Image.
Level 3: Fear, Vampiric Touch(Change shatter), and at level 14 i will take Blink (Any school)

Midnight spell choice
I plan to go to level 11 with this character (8 known spells, 4 level 1, 4 level 2)
Cantrips: Mage hand, Message and Fire bolt. After level 10 i will take Prestidigitation
Spells;
Level 1: Colour spray, Disguise Self and Find familiar(any school) (Owl). After level 4 i will take Silent Image.
Level 2: Shadow Blade, Invisibility, Knock (any school), Mirror Image.

These characters are going to be multiclassed.
Info: Posts: normal

Last edited by Chattydash; 12-15-2018 at 06:18 AM.