Game Thread Chapter 1 - Lost - Page 12 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > The Lawless City > Group A
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #166  
Old Jan 4th, 2023, 12:16 AM
Lentil Sponge's Avatar
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge is offline
Cleaner of the Royal Butt
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 26th, 2023
RPXP: 3934
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
Posts: 1,855
 


 

Last edited by Lentil Sponge; Jan 4th, 2023 at 03:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old Jan 4th, 2023, 09:07 PM
CatCanCook's Avatar
CatCanCook CatCanCook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 26th, 2023
RPXP: 7342
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Posts: 7,277
Liana Xirkul shot first!
right-aligned image


Well, they had been warned that the girl would come under attack, by multiple unknown assailants. So it was not a surprise, exactly, to Liana when she saw the assassins lying in wait, though their exact means and methods of ambush were a surprise and not fully understood by her. She felt a thrill of both fear and excitement jolt through her body.

And then, inexplicably, she thought. "Black Dog? I wonder if Big Dog is related to Black Dog. I'll have to investigate."

Then she thought, how foolish. I or someone else may be about to die, it's not time to be thinking about yet another side mission.

Fear held her back as she took a fraction of a second to assess. How far away were the persons about her, Vyeggar ahead and the unknown persons near him? How far were the two goblin snipers?

Tiny fractions of seconds were slipping by as her thoughts raced.

They had not attacked yet, but with weapons pointed, and with a prior knowledge expecting attackers ... should she wait to let them shoot? No. They could murder the poor girl. Whatever heathenish, foolish, false religious beliefs she has -- this foolish prattle about the "Three" when there patently were so Many. Nonetheless, she did not deserve to die. Not while Liana and her allies were on duty!

The next thought to flash through her mind was not verbal but a vision: a death bolt of some kind comes from that goblin's mysterious weapon, Ariadne slumps over, bleeding, killed instantly. Cestine, she thought. It must not happen to another girl. That finally galvanized her into action.

So Liana dropped into the Stance of Piercing rays. She gave a soft lion's growl to herself; bolstering her morale. With her curious psionic split-mind, one half of her focused on amplifying her precision.

Then she fired a deadly-aimed barrage at one of the Goblin snipers ... (or maybe both snipers should her first shot drop the one).

Her motions were lightning fast, and her aim was true!

 

Warning: rolls have been deleted from this post.

Last edited by CatCanCook; Jan 16th, 2023 at 09:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old Jan 8th, 2023, 05:30 PM
Dylan Scott Dylan Scott is online now
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 26th, 2023
RPXP: 4643
Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott
Posts: 903
Grim
right-aligned image

Having done all he could for now to identify Ariadne's apartment, Grim made himself comfortable and waited, and watched. As the minutes stretched into what seemed like hours, Grim grumbled quietly, an evening on watch with Damien or an evening in bed with the Lovely Emerald. What had he been thinking picking the former? Grim chuckled to himself and rolled his eyes as he resumed his watch, splitting his attention between the road and Damien as his companion silently approached the building.

Before long he spotted Ariadne approaching, with Tarbin. Grim's grin grew even larger as he watched the two approaching, glad to see his suggestion was working, the young woman seemed quite smitten with the statuesque Mr Haldar and much friendlier than they were lead to believe she would be. As the couple approached, Grim noted there was no sign of Kara or Liana following, although he knew if they were indeed following behind he was unlikely to see them, they were very adept at moving around unseen when needed. Vyeggar on the other hand was not so skilled and as he passed Grim's position, apparently oblivious to him, Grim saw he was playing to his strengths and made no attempt to hide his position. A man of his size and appearance trying to be inconspicuous would have the opposite effect, Grim knew this and was glad to see Vyeggar appeared to realise it as well, despite his best efforts to hide the fact, Grim knew the Half Orc was a lot smarter than he made out.

From his position at the side of the street, Grim started to call on his magic, ready to send a message to Vyeggar when his attention is caught by the two figures following the man. Two women, One human, one Gnome, both attractive and both screaming of magic. His eyes are wide as he watches them following VYeggar, the magic he was calling on faltering and fading away as he looked at the Gnome, his mind in shock, thoughts racing

Thats Impossible! What is?! how is?! What!

There was so much going on, so many unique people collecting in the street Grim was at a loss for a moment on what to do, but with a steadying breath he called once more on his magic, he needed to do something quickly before things turned to Chaos. Once more he called to his magic and cast out his spell, muttering the words and throwing then out on the Aether to their target



Actions & Movement
 


Stat Block
 

Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old Jan 9th, 2023, 05:14 AM
Alatere's Avatar
Alatere Alatere is offline
Crazy Kobold
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 26th, 2023
RPXP: 9304
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Posts: 12,213
Tarbin Haldar
right-aligned image
The suggestion to change had been just that a suggestion and Tarbin did not push the point. He was not overly worried that Ariadne would be accosted due to her state of dress while he was with her though in the future if she were travelling alone then it would actually be more of a concern.

”Ha He who rolls? Is that so?” Tarbin replied with an amused chuckle. ”I would be most curious to see what a church of Shlka actually looks like though I guess the smell could be somewhat of a challenge…” Tarbin replied.

Tarbin then frowned at the mention of the priest of Jenne. ”Now that rings a bell… think I was warned about him while on bouncer duty… what was he supposed to have done?” Tarbin questioned with a slightly raised eyebrow.

”Now I’m sure I won’t be disturbing Miss Tilly… I’m not exactly planning to be climbing in to her bed or anything when I get back…” the large man replied with the slightest hint of a smile though it was justly for show as he could see the look of fear in the young woman’s eyes.

Tarbin’s eyes then briefly widened for a second as he heard a whisper in his ear that did not come from Ariadne.

”Actually before we part of you’d do me the kindness there is something a little personal I would like to talk with you about…” Tarbin declared as he reached out and placed one arm over the young woman’s shoulders and suddenly steered them in a new direction away from the young woman’s apartment… ”I’d err rather your boyfriend not hear what I have to say…” Tarbin added in explanation of the sudden diversion. ”You did say you live with your boyfriend right?” Tarbin questioned as he glanced about looking for the signs of an ambush.



oocUsing Self-sacrifice to provide Ariadne cover
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old Jan 11th, 2023, 05:29 AM
Noquarter19's Avatar
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 is online now
It's clobberin' time
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 26th, 2023
RPXP: 11479
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Posts: 3,116
Vyeggar Vugmuk
right-aligned image
Credit to @TSRodriguez14


Typical, Vyeggar thought with no small amount of disgust. So much for discretion. He watched from a distance down the street, his sharp orc eyes able to see Tarbin whispering sweet nothings into the delightfully delicate ears of the lovely Ariadne. They were the only two that Vyeggar could see; allegedly, Grim and Damien were out here, holed up, watching for movement that would indicate the presence of the dumb girl’s boyfriend and his idiot gang. Vyeggar flexed his fingers and listened to the loud pops of his knuckles. He tilted his head from side to side, hearing the much louder pops of his vertebrae. He wanted to fight, and despite how lucrative his shift at the conch shell game had gone, a small part of him regretted not teaching those little halfling pups a valuable and painful life lesson in the ring instead. But that was the past and could not be changed. He could no sooner brawl with the halflings than he could recoup that evening’s earnings which he had given away in a momentary lapse of weakness and vulnerability to that sweet goblin whore. Well. First time for everything.

The street seemed deserted, save for the three of them. Or – no, four; he’d forgotten about the strange woman behind him talking to a rock. That’s rich, her, talking to a rock, and yet they had the nerve to call me a drunk.

Wait.

Wait.

THEY?

Vyeggar turned around – slowly. In the fading glow of twilight, his golden eyes were like two polished amber gemstones, each flecked in the middle with a dot of obsidian which were slowly widening as the dark of night continued to descend. He looked at the woman and blinked as he looked past her at the second woman. His ears had not been deceived, for his eyes indeed saw two figures to go with the two voices. His mind wished it could have been false, for one of the pair appeared to be floating.

Maybe I am drunk? It could certainly have happened. He’d done stupid things before when he was drunk. He vaguely recalled telling Tilly that he’d be more than willing to help her out with more grunt work, and that, on top of getting so friendly with the rest of the Bucket Brigade, told him that yes, in fact, he was indeed drunk, and everything around him was just a product of a near lethal amount of alcohol coursing through his veins. This all around him, as real as it seemed, was nothing short of a very vivid hallucination. Boy, I must be bad off, for real this time. I must be unconscious somewhere – or in a coma? That’s probably it. That goblin got me good and drunk, robbed me, and left me for dead back in the room. That sorted, he gave the world around him a sheepish grin. ”Hello, world! Nothing you can do to me matters because this is all a dream! Yup, I drank too much and now I’m passed out back at the casino!” He gave a little jump up in the air and tried to click his heels together like he’d seen some of those fancypants dancers Tilly had working for her. Of course, Vyeggar was no dancer, nor was he especially dexterous, which was probably why he completely botched his jump and ended up falling flat on the ground with a painful thud that drove the air from his lungs. He’d fallen half on his side and now the point of his elbow was throbbing with the pain of the impact. That was real pain. This was real. Those two women, as crazy as his mind hoped it was, were actually there. And, in fact, what he had heard was real as well, he was beginning to realize: ”I paid a lot for your service, you know. I expect it to be good. Do you see the girl?”

“Do you see the girl?”


There was only one girl in the street, and that was Ariadne. These two, whoever – whatever – they were, were here for Ariadne, or whatever it was she was supposed to be carrying. And if that were the case, then perhaps it wasn’t the boyfriend he was supposed to attack at all. Perhaps it was these two?
Vyeggar got up. It wasn’t hard to pretend to stumble because he’d jobbed his knee pretty good when he’d landed. He was definitely awake, and this was definitely real, and unless he did something quick, these two weirdos were definitely probably going to try something unpleasant with Ariadne. They already thought he was drunk – what was the harm in leaning into that?
Vyeggar swayed slightly on his feet and ambled vaguely toward the two women while keeping his head aimed low like he was not actually focused on anyone. He had changed back into his personal clothes prior to ducking out from the casino. He’d always fancied himself as stylish, but his garments were still ripped and torn from the beating he’d received when they'd lost the chest. On top of that, Tilly’s words about the scum-bucket’s staying power had proved to be prophetic, for he still smelled like traces of whatever goop he’d helped scoop into the river. All told, it couldn’t hardly be too much of a stretch of the imagination to view the half-orc as anything more than a filthy, disheveled drunkard. He’d dusted himself off from his fall and was looking around dazedly. The two women seemed to have written him off as harmless and were walking/drifting toward Tarbin and Ariadne. He shuffled aimlessly along the sidewalk, not looking where he was going. When it seemed like they were nearly upon him and were about to pass him by on the side, he caused his shuffling feet to suddenly tangle like an uncoordinated drunkard’s might.

”Wh- whoa, ‘scuse me, ladies!” he mumbled as he fell, his forward momentum carrying his large frame
Dice * Trip 1 vs red robe (combat maneuver) :
1d20+4 (1)+4 Total = 5
into the legs of the red-robed woman, who had nowhere to go but I have no idea if she can even be tripped, but I figure it’s worth a shot.*Moot point! First trip was a failure. tumble into the legs of her ethereal gnome companion


 

__________________
normal image without text wrap
A watched game never updates...

Posting status: Always lurking. I post when my brain decides to work.
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old Jan 15th, 2023, 09:57 AM
Touketsu's Avatar
Touketsu Touketsu is offline
Mysterious Ice Ninja
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 26th, 2023
RPXP: 10314
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Posts: 5,131
Damien Buranta
right-aligned image


The lack of proper rest left Damien ill-prepared for the amount of patience he was having to display at the ineptitude of some of the parties involved in this. Not only was this puffed up, wannabe gangster elf using bottom of the barrel help on a sensitive job, but he'd purposefully decided to arrange the hand off of the item in the same place, at the same TIME, as a brokered sale for the very same item with what Damien could only assume was a dangerous individual not to be trifled with.

At least, that's what the vishkanya had to assume based on a cursory look at the gnome entering the area; hard to imagine her arrival was coincidental after having just heard they were planning to sell to a gnome.

This was... messy. Too many players involved. Too many unknown variables. Maybe if their job here wasn't to protect someone it would be different, but the girl was here already, totally unaware that she was being caught in the middle of what was about to be a pretty noisy (and likely deadly) conflict. No... if they were realistically going to keep Ariadne safe, it wouldn't do to get caught in a three-way fight. Damien tried to think of a plan on the fly, taking advantage of the momentary distraction as Vyeggar ran faux-drunken interference. Ambushing Big Fox and his goons directly was out of the question now... but maybe striking out at them in a different way wasn't.

'This is only going to work if I'm right... and the gnome doesn't know Big Fox doesn't have the gem yet. That elf better have been that smart at least.'

Keeping himself pressed to the shadowy wall by the window, Damien quietly cleared his throat as he channeled a bit of magic into a message.

"You're walking into a trap. The second Big Fox has your money, he's going to turn on you... unless you make the first move."

As he spoke, barely above a whisper, the words found their way into the strange gnome's ears. Hoping the warning would be taken as intended and not perceived as a threat of some kind, Damien unslung his crossbow, knowing he'd probably be using it soon regardless. Bringing a bolt up to his mouth, the vishkanya ran his tongue across the tip of it, coating the ammo in saliva before he loaded it into the weapon.
Rolls & Actions

Action: Cast Message, targeting the strange gnome.
Swift Action: Toxic - Damien coats the bolt in his crossbow with Injury; save Fort DC 10 + 1/2 the vishkanya?s Hit Dice + the vishkanya's Constitution modifier (14); frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d2 Dex; cure 1 save.vishkanya venom.
Free Action: Monster Lore - Goblins w/ Knowledge Nature (whiffed, rolled an 8).

Move: N/A
__________________
I have taken the Oath!
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old Jan 16th, 2023, 08:10 AM
Lentil Sponge's Avatar
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge is offline
Cleaner of the Royal Butt
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 26th, 2023
RPXP: 3934
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
Posts: 1,855
Location Map Season Day Time Weather
Burnett Mews South I7 Harvest 104 of 120 1:21am Clear

Before CombatTarbin had asked about the old man who came into the casino, and when he did, the humour in Ariadne's eyes left. "He killed her." Then her face twisted. "Well... no... he nearly did. Some of the others at the casino, they told me about this ritual he was trying... basically, he locked her in his basement to try and 'connect her to the subconscious'. Drugged her up and left her. She got out, but... well... in the state she apparently was in, she'd be dead in half a day." She looked out to the city streets, as if the girl would appear at her mention. "The ones at the casino who knew about it... they say when you go to the Meditation Gardens, you can still hear her wails... and I thought the Sophiites could be dangerous..."

left-aligned image
But then the large man suddenly grabbed her. He might have done so in a friendly gesture, but Ariadne was already on edge. One of her hands slapped onto his ribs, ready to push him away. She was weak enough that the muscular man barely noticed. Her other hand, however, went to the second of her coin-purses. From it, she drew not a fistful copper or gold, but a glorious looking gemstone. It shone with every colour of the rainbow. As she did, every hair on her arm stood up, and even her and Tarbin's cloaks shuffled in the air, as if they were gasping at the raw energy emanating from the gemstone.

"Mister Halder... I know you mean well... please don't make me hurt you!" Ariadne hissed very quietly. "It's my ticket out of Tilly's ****ing grasp! I won't hesitate to use it!"

Further away, a different confrontation was taking place. A "drunken" stumble from Vyeggar sent him careening into the robed human woman. There was an attempted trip, a nimble bit of footwork, and Vyeggar caught his foot in the robes and collapsed by her side. The woman and the gnome barely registered him. However, while Vyeggar was mid-air from landing directly onto his nose and ruining his already ruined face, he noticed something odd.

The gnome... flickered. Like a candlelight. She was there. She wasn't.

"What was that?!" the gnome snapped.

"Nothing, Missus Grimzinta, just the drunk again," the human answered robotically. She had begun to step away from the prone half-orc. "This city's full of them."

"No, no, it's not that," the gnome insisted as she flickered again. "Something's interfering with your trinket."

"Hmmm... sometimes other spells can cause problems," the wizard mumbled. She outstretched a full arm in front of her. It spun as she declared "Detect." The tattoos on her bald head suddenly shone, and she began to follow nothing at all. A strange smoke only she could see. "That's the Prism Gem... but I sense other spells... I sense..."

"Message Spells. It's an ambush."

The human's eyes widened, and her mouth fell open to question the gnome. The gnome who, despite it all, seemed thoroughly unbothered. "How can you possibly tell..."

BOOM!

The entire world stopped. The human looked. Ariadne looked. Up above the casino worker, exactly where Liana had fired a crossbow bolt, there was a smoking tube of metal poking out of the window. Her other bolt, sadly, fell short of its target, scattering onto the ground.

The smoking tube lilted back and forth. A telescope suddenly tumbled to the ground and shattered into pieces. Then, following it, was a goblin with a crossbow bolt in his eye. He fell with a gurgle from the high building all of the way down like a sack of fish, and when he landed on the cobblestone just a few feet in front of Grim he splattered into chunks of red viscera, almost looking like jam, save for bits of brain and bone which scattered all over. At long last, however, his weapon fell. It collapsed down and let out that ear-destroying BOOM! once again as the leftover gunpowder inside of it exploded.

There was another urgent, albiet quieter, bang. Right in front of Damien, a door suddenly flew open. Four goblins shoved their way out, all of them brandishing little shortswords and even shorter daggers, just perfect for the up-and-coming goblin criminal. None of them had even noticed Damien as he stood directly behind them.

Immediately following them was, obviously, their leader. He did not seem the type to associate with goblins in Julianople. He clearly belonged in a villa. An elf boy, fined dressed in a short toga made to impress rich girls who liked danger. He was tall, young, beautiful and athletic, tending to his short red hair with one hand and with the other idly playing with the clasp of the pouch that hung from his waist. The most distinguishing feature about him was a tattoo on his cheek - a curved fang with a crack running from base to tip, blood dripping from the end. He, too, seemed completely unaware of Damien.

One of the goblins suddenly pushed his way to the front of the little pack. "Ariadne! Where are you?!"

From behind Tarbin, Ariadne had to jump up to even see the goblin. "Sliggitz! I'm here! What's going on?!"

The other goblins, however, were clearly not so independent. "Hey, Big Fox?!" "What do we do?!" "I was just about to ask that, moron!"

The elf had no immediate answer. He first looked to the "remains" of one of his snipers, or rather the puddle containing five fifths of a shattered musket. Then he looked to Tarbin and Ariadne. Finally, he looked to the gnome and the human woman. Then he decided on a course of action as he lifted up a pistol in the air, swinging it as if it were a sabre and he was a general on the battlefield.

"That does it! New plan! Kill everyone!"


Location Map Season Day Time Weather
Burnett Mews South I7 Harvest 104 of 120 1:21am Clear


The Combat Begins!
Initiative
FirstDamienSecondGoblinsThirdVyeggar
FourthTarbinFifthGrimSixthLiana
SeventhBig FoxEighthWizardLastAriadne

"Hooray!" "Killing everyone!" "We can do that!"

The gaggle of giggling goblins ran forward so cheerily that they managed to knock Big Fox off balance, making him curse and swear. They just let out cackles and went to work. But just as they started to move...

BOOM!

It was from further away. The opposite end of the street. But Vyeggar saw the effects as, all of a sudden, the human woman was struck and her right shoulder exploded. Gore painted all over him, and it took a second of shock for him to realise it was not his own. Then he heard the piercing scream as the woman buckled and let out an agonised wail. There was a great tear in her robe that revealed a great tear in her body - her arm looked almost entirely detached, hanging on merely by exposed bone and strands of thin muscle.

The beautiful gnome, however, clearly had no sympathy, as she began to outright flash in and out of existence. "By the Eighteen, concentrate on the spell! You fuc-" She blinked out, and whatever insult wasn't finished until "-verly priced bint!"

Then a goblin suddenly appeared by the woman's side, shortsword in hand. He looked at her. He looked at the gnome. He looked at Vyeggar. Without any word from his master on who specifically to kill, he settled for vaguely waving his sword as if he could hit everyone, and instead hit no one. His companion targeted Grim, ran a few feet forward as he drew a knife, and threw it way over the gnome's head, while maniacally laughing as if he had just killed the entire city guard.

The last two looked to each other. "Protect the boss! I'll kill your girlfriend!"

"Wait, what?!" Sliggitz responded in horror. It was too late to stop him as he began to run forward, following the cackling goblin. "Don't kill my girlfriend!"

"Forget the whore, Sliggitz, protect me!" Big Fox cried out dramatically.

That actually did make Sliggitz stop, and he could only watch as the goblin drew a throwing dagger and hurled it towards Ariadne. Tarbin was already there, and with just a roll of his shoulder the handle of the dagger bounced harmlessly away. Behind him, Ariadne had drawn her gemstone as if it was a knife.

"Sliggitz, what do I do?!" she screamed.

"Just throw it over here and get out of here!"

However, that instruction was too much. She pointed it directly at Tarbin, tears in her eyes, her arms shaking as the gemstone glowed blue, then red, then violet, then yellow, all in his face. Timidly, she whimpered, "What do I do?"


NON-PLAYER CHARACTERS
 
ParticipantsBig FoxStupid Goblin (Black on Map)Idiot Goblin (Blue on Map)Moron Goblin (Red on Map)Sliggitz (Green on Map)Sniper (Eyeball suggests general direction, not on map)WizardAriadne
CurrentlyHOSTILE!HOSTILE!HOSTILE!HOSTILE!HOSTILE!HOSTILE!UNKNOWN!FRIENDLY!
StatusHealthy (Max HP)Healthy (Max HP)Healthy (Max HP)Healthy (Max HP)Healthy (Max HP)Healthy (Max HP)Major Injury (>33% HP)Healthy (Max HP)
Move ActionNone as of yetMove 30ft towards WizardMove 15ft towards GrimMove 30ft towards AriadneNoneNoneNone as of yetNone as of yet
Standard ActionNone as of yetSwing SwordThrow KnifeThrow KnifeNoneFire MusketNone as of yetNone as of yet
Targeting...Not his turnWizardGrimTarbinNo oneWizardNot her turnNot her turn
ActionsNot his turn yetAttack 4 FAILAttack 9 FAILAttack 9 FAILNoneAttack 20 SUCCESS Damage 6Not her turn yetNot her turn yet
Misc.       Holding the Prism Gem

Last edited by Lentil Sponge; Jan 16th, 2023 at 08:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old Jan 16th, 2023, 12:14 PM
Noquarter19's Avatar
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 is online now
It's clobberin' time
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 26th, 2023
RPXP: 11479
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Posts: 3,116
Vyeggar Vugmuk
right-aligned image
Credit to @TSRodriguez14


Okay then, Vyeggar thought as he got to his feet and watched the world around him descend into chaos. Now this, I can do. Out of nowhere, a spray of blood spattered his clothing as the red robed wizard beside him and the gnome grew a crossbow bolt from her arm. He stared impassively at the screaming woman and shrugged.

"Yeah, it's a tough ol' world, huh? Well, least you have the other one." The half-orc bent down and using a move action to activate Belier's Biteretrieved the jagged edge of a bottle lying in the gutter. One of the little goblin bastards was running over, chittering in the stupid high-pitched language their people used. Vyeggar
Dice * Attack vs Goblin (black):
1d20+4 (17)+4 Total = 21

Dice * Damage (unarmed) + Belier's Bite (bleed damage):
1d6+3 (1)+3 Total = 4
1d4t 1 Running Total = 5
lunged forward and downward with the fist gripping the bottle and grinned as the bulging fist made contact - albeit a glancing blow.

"Why don't you get the hell out of here before I put your sorry ass into the ground," he growled at the wounded goblin. He smiled brokenly at the goblin and gestured with the other hand for the tiny beast to try his luck against him.

 

__________________
normal image without text wrap
A watched game never updates...

Posting status: Always lurking. I post when my brain decides to work.
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old Jan 16th, 2023, 09:05 PM
CatCanCook's Avatar
CatCanCook CatCanCook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 26th, 2023
RPXP: 7342
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Posts: 7,277
Liana Xirkul presses with a relentless assault!
right-aligned image


Liana's first instinct was to retreat around the corner, putting solid wall between her and the sniper. But she suppressed that instinctive clutch of fear. There were a lot of goblins. And she was conscious of the danger her allies were facing. So, in zeal for her party's safety she advanced towards the battle, putting three of the opponents into close range.

Liana moved thirty feet to the north-west, putting her about ten feet from the closest goblin.

Still remained in the Piercing Rays stance, she performs a spinning-shot barrage. With lightning speed, snap, snap, snap, she fired three shots, one at each of of the goblins.

Her first shot missed the idiot goblin; her second struck the moron goblin closest to her with a deadly flaming blow; the third also missed the Sliggitzlast.

She spotted something as she moved closer. A distinctive emblem. That focused her mind. She wanted that elf, alive, long enough to learn whether he knew about the man who had called himself Big Dog.

"Grapple that elf," she suggested to Vyeggar. "He may know something."

She was unsure whether Vyeggar would listen to her, or even care if he heard. And she didn't explain why she thought the elf might know something. (It was actually her own business, so far as she knew, not his. Maybe she would wind up owing the awful lug something. If they survived.)

Pulse pounding the chaos unfolded around her. She could only track a fraction of it. Glowing jewels? Flickers of a magical gnome? It was too much to understand all at once so she focused on what she could grasp.

 


Last edited by CatCanCook; Jan 17th, 2023 at 03:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old Jan 17th, 2023, 04:06 AM
Alatere's Avatar
Alatere Alatere is offline
Crazy Kobold
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 26th, 2023
RPXP: 9304
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Posts: 12,213
Tarbin Haldar
right-aligned image
Tarbin hardly noticed the slap when he began to steer Ariadne away and to the casual observer it may have looked like the young woman had affectionately placed her hands upon the man’s chest. ”You won’t hurt me…” Tarbin replied softly with an inner confidence though he did eye the amount of energy the gem seemed to be giving off with a raised eyebrow.

The streets then erupted in to chaos and explosions seemed to be going off all over the place. Tarbin instinctively shielded Ariadne with his body but fortunately none of the shots were coming their way. The same however could not be said for the goblins and they began swarming in their direction. Turning to face the oncoming goblins the former gladiator deflected the thrown blade without fully registering it’s presence. ”Rude!” Tarbin then declared as he stared down at the little goblin.

Reaching in to the fold of his clothes Tarbin then pulled out of all things a simple looking rock that he kept for such occasions. Tarbin briefly registered the look of confusion in the goblin’s eyes before he drew back his arm and with an almighty throw he hurled the rock forwards (hopefully smacking the goblin straight in the face).

”Stay behind me I will let no one harm you!” Tarbin declared resolutely. ”And keep that shiny bauble out of sight…” Tarbin added as almost an afterthought as he repositioned himself to stand between Ariadne and everyone else.

”Sliggitz this is your one chance, do what is right and help me keep Ariadne safe from that b______d elf!” Tarbin called out as he locked eyes with the hesitating goblin.

Tarbin then turned his eyes on the elf and a cold anger slowly began to bubble up inside of the large man’s stomach. He wanted nothing more than to rush over and grab the elf by the throat and slowly squeeze his secrets from him but Tarbin would not leave Ariadne’s side. He would not let another innocent die… ”Never again…” Tarbin quietly muttered to himself as he narrowed his eyes.


oocContinuing to use self sacrifice on Ariadne

Improvised weapon attack on moron goblin

Dice Rock to hit moron goblin:
1d20+4 (10)+4 Total = 14
(vs flatfooted AC due to catch off guard feat)

Dice Rock damage:
1d4+4 (3)+4 Total = 7
(presumed damage of throwing a rock to be equivalent to a throwing dagger)


Last edited by Alatere; Jan 17th, 2023 at 04:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old Jan 17th, 2023, 09:52 AM
Touketsu's Avatar
Touketsu Touketsu is offline
Mysterious Ice Ninja
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 26th, 2023
RPXP: 10314
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Posts: 5,131
Damien Buranta
right-aligned image


Damien's eyes narrowed as he watched the gnome flicker in and out like candlelight. Something was wrong... the gnome seemed not to be entirely here, but as Damien cast his spell, there seemed to be something to suggest recognition. Had she heard him?

But before he could put two and two together on his own, all hell broke loose. The loud shot from above drew attention from most assembled, but it was quickly outdone by the second boom and accompanying splatter of dead goblin impacting the street before them all. Before Damien could attempt to rally the others, Big Fox and his men were at the door, bursting out in front of him ready to engage. For a moment, the vishkanya thought he was a goner... but his quiet step had served him in good stead here, and none of the gangsters appeared to have noticed him. Instead, Big Fox issued the kill order, and while most of the goblins failed to deliver, one particularly skilled shooter made quick work of the unnamed human woman's shoulder; terribly unfortunate for her, but it made the gnome's nature perfectly clear as she literally vanished and reappeared, clearly manifested here via some kind of spell. So, the human was here alone, wounded.

Perhaps they COULD be bargained with in the aftermath after all.

Taking advantage of the shadows, Damien took a step back, raising his weapon and leveling it right at Big Fox as he fired the poisoned bolt. The angle was poor; barely able to land a glancing blow. Still, a slice across the cheek was more than enough for his venom to do its job.

"Some advice Fox, one professional to another; pick your help better."
Rolls & Actions
Move: 5 foot step back from Big Fox to avoid penalty to attack.
Action: Fire crossbow at Big Fox
Crossbow vs Big FoxAttack: 19 vs flatfooted AC
Damage: 1 (oof)

Big Fox must make a DC 14 Fortitude Save to resist the effects of frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d2 Dex; cure 1 save.vishkanya venom.



Free Action: Monster Lore - Rolling to identify elf (Big Fox)
Monster LoreKnowledge - Nature: 27 (Natural 20)


Swift Action: N/A
__________________
I have taken the Oath!
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old Jan 18th, 2023, 10:28 AM
Dylan Scott Dylan Scott is online now
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 26th, 2023
RPXP: 4643
Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott
Posts: 903
Grim 1/7
right-aligned image

Grim was familiar with flintlocks from his travels, he had never had the opportunity or resources to use one himself but he had seen and heard of them. But hearing of one and actually hearing it in use were two very different things, He thought he had been prepared and steeled for the rapport of the weapon but even he was surprised and shocked by the earsplitting roar as it sounded above him. He had barely recovered from his shock when the body landed close by and he was covered in blood and viscera, drawing a stream of angry swearing from the gnome in an encyclopedic display of profanity in a multitude of languages as all hell broke lose around him.

Despite the tirade of swearing and the small cackling form of the goblin approaching him flinging knives wildly, His attention is focused on the Human and the Gnome, clearly displayed now as an Illusion as her image flickers in an out of existence. Most likely summoned by that stone the wizard is carrying and needing concentration to maintain the link, it will explain how she could be there in Julianople, thankfully in spirit not in person. I need to get that stone and break the link before she makes things worse

The scream of the wizard as her arm is practically torn from her body provides him with the opportunity he needs and with a brief glance at the still approaching Idiotic goblin, Grim gives him an offensive goblin gesture before vanishing from sight, tapping his innate magic, channelling the serpent Naga spirit in his blood and turning invisible, quickly moving away from his position and quietly making his way towards the injured wizard to relieve her of the channelling stone


Actions & MovementTurn Summary
Initiative:
Move: Move towards Injured Wizard
Action: Trigger Bloodline Power - Vanishing (Invisibility) and Stealth towards Wizard 41
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Other:
Conditions:


Stat Block
 

Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 05:56 AM
Lentil Sponge's Avatar
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge is offline
Cleaner of the Royal Butt
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 26th, 2023
RPXP: 3934
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
Posts: 1,855
Location Map Season Day Time Weather
Burnett Mews South I7 Harvest 104 of 120 1:21am Clear


The Combat!
Initiative
FirstDamienSecondGoblinsThirdVyeggar
FourthTarbinFifthGrimSixthLiana
SeventhBig FoxEighthWizardLastAriadne

For a second, Big Fox hadn't even noticed Damien's shot. After all, it was such a minor, glancing blow. But then the poison set in. Then the pain. His cheek began to go dark as the veins began to grow and pulse. His delicate fingers went to his cheek, patting the bulges. "Argh! You dirty rat!" he squealed boyishly, before turning around and planting a bullet into Damien's belly with a thunderous BOOM! There was smoke and the smell of cordite, and when the cloud faded it revealed the elf wearing a nasty, self-satisfied grin. He made a proud declaration. "Filthy vishkanya! You shall beg me, Big Fox, for mercy! I run this city, you know!"

The threat might have carried some weight if his goblin entourage had followed up on his words. The one who had targeted Ariadne had his head cracked open by Tarbin's throw, spinning him several times over. He stopped spinning when Liana's crossbow bolt passed cleanly through him from temple to temple. He was still spinning until he toppled to the ground dead.

The other was smashed by Vyeggar's vicious blow, but was still alive. He made a wild swing for Vyeggar, pained wails with glass in his face, easily dodged. The second, seeing his target suddenly vanish, turned to the deadly halfling with the crossbow who had just slain his partner. He made an epic charge, short-sword swinging, and managed to overcommit to a ridiculous cleave and hit the cobblestone between her legs.

That left Sliggitz, who was still paralysed in indecision.

The wizard, meanwhile, had made her choice. "... Protect..."

"No, focus on the girl!" the gnome hissed. "This has all been pointless and you don't get paid if you don't get my..."

She stopped.

She turned.

Looking directly at the invisible Grim, as plainly as if he was dancing in front of her. Her eyes widened in shock, and a small measure of disgust.

"Kitwi-"

She blinked out of existence.

"Thank the Eighteen," the wizard huffed as a pale blue aura began to shimmer around her, looking like armour made from mist and dust. She patted Vyeggar on the shoulder with her good arm, said "Thank you," and then marched her way towards Ariadne. "You! Give it to me!"

Ariadne shrunk a little behind Tarbin. "Where's my guarantee you'll pay-"

"If I don't have that Gem, we both die!" the wizard insisted. " can sense that weapon! I know it's power, I can use it better than you can!"

Sliggitz finally acted. He ran towards Ariadne.

"Boss, I'm getting the Gem!" he told Big Fox, before the elf actually registered, before he insisted. "Ariadne, she'll just kill us all and keep all the money! Throw it to me!"

Ariadne stayed behind Tarbin, but she made her decision on who to trust. She drew the Gemstone out of its purse and threw it towards her beloved...

... though she was a terrible shot, and instead it bounced rouhgly off of the back of Tarbin's head and onto the floor inbetween him, Sliggitz and the wizard. Sliggitz tried throwing a knife to the wizard, and it landed in her chest, but her armour caught it and left it dropping harmlessly to the floor in front of her.

The gnome finally winked back into existence once again, her gaze darting around. She settled onto the Prism Gem on the floor and blinked. "... huh. Interesting."


NON-PLAYER CHARACTERS
 
ParticipantsBig FoxStupid Goblin (Black on Map)Idiot Goblin (Blue on Map)Moron Goblin (Red on Map)Sliggitz (Green on Map)Sniper (Eyeball suggests general direction, not on map)WizardAriadne
CurrentlyHOSTILE!HOSTILE!HOSTILE!HOSTILE!HOSTILE!HOSTILE!UNKNOWN!FRIENDLY!
StatusMinor Injury (>66% HP)Major Injury (>33% HP)Healthy (Max HP)DEAD!Healthy (Max HP)Healthy (Max HP)Major Injury (>33% HP)Healthy (Max HP)
Move Action  Move 15ft towards GrimBleed everywhereNoneNoneMove 30ft towards Ariadne 
Standard ActionShoot PistolSwing SwordSwing SwordDieSwing SwordReloadCast Mage Armor on SelfThrow Prism Gem
Targeting...Not his turnWizardGrimDeadWizardWizardNoneHerself
ActionsAttack 16 SUCCESS Damage 4Attack 11 FAILAttack 13 FAILDeadAttack 10 FAILNoneNoneNone
Misc.Poisoned!    Anyone between the yellow lines next turn is a potential target. Anyone directly behind another creature from Sniper's perspective is safe  

Last edited by Lentil Sponge; Jan 20th, 2023 at 09:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 11:28 AM
CatCanCook's Avatar
CatCanCook CatCanCook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 26th, 2023
RPXP: 7342
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Posts: 7,277
Liana Xirkul spins and shoots and shoots and shoots and roars!
right-aligned image
She felt a pang of pity for Ariadne. The poor girl was being manipulated by a boyfriend who worked for a boss who had heartlessly commanded "kill everybody". And yet she still threw the magical gem to him? Well, one of her allies must sort that out: in the mean time Liana had a warrior's job to do.

Few would have mistaken Liana for a simple nightclub entertainment worker right now.

With fierce zeal, her psionically split mind worked overtime; one part passionate with battle-rage, the other part coldly analytical and working out the odds.

She took a tactical step 5' south; she augmented her own attack's precision. This aiding of another (even herself) allowed her to recover her Golden Lion's roar. She then immediately roared! Her allies were inspired to Her and allies get +2 to hit and damage, morale bonus, for 3 rounds.new heights of combat vigor.

She repeated her spinning shot trick, Her aim is good, she probably kills two of themtargeting all three goblins. Her hands moved with skilled extraordinary speed and precision. Click -- thwunk, Click -- thwunk, Click -- thwunk.. The Stance of Piercing Rays cause the night to light up as she hurled out flickering bolts of fire.

"Grab that elf! Take him down!" She has her own goals. Questioning that elf is almost as important as saving lives, and ranks well ahead in her mind over people's obsession about a glowing gem.

 


Last edited by CatCanCook; Jan 20th, 2023 at 11:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 12:51 PM
Noquarter19's Avatar
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 is online now
It's clobberin' time
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 26th, 2023
RPXP: 11479
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Posts: 3,116
Vyeggar Vugmuk
right-aligned image
Credit to @TSRodriguez14


"Ahah. Ahahahahah. Oh, man. Oh man, you're killing me. Figuratively, of course," Vyeggar chortled as he moving out of threatened square, triggers AoOface-pushed the nearby goblin away from him and half strolled/half danced in the direction of the fallen gem. He winked at Grim, who apparently knew? the gnome from the stone. So much of the situation was stupid and foolish and made him wish that he were back "home," in the casino. He really, really wanted to punch most of the people here, but he had a much more practical idea.

"You want a stone? Oh, you must mean this stone," he nonchalantly asked the elf as he strolled over and bent down to pick it up from where it sat in the middle of the street. "Sure, you can have it. All you have to do is come and take it from me, pretty boy." He blew the stupid elf a kiss, then looked in the direction of the incredibly vapid Ariadne.

"Why'nt you run on back to the casino. Don't want you getting hurt, and you probably don't want your idiot boyfriend's blood splashing on that pretty face of yours."

 

__________________
normal image without text wrap
A watched game never updates...

Posting status: Always lurking. I post when my brain decides to work.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:47 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB