twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2023, 11:27 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20474
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Enemy Within

Applications are Closed

THE ENEMY WITHIN

The Enemy WithoutThe year is 4512. On the surface, the Empire is all but invincible. It is the greatest of the galaxy's realms, both in extent and in military might. Founded four and a half millennia ago, it has withstood countless assaults by Greenskins, Skaven, Chaos, and its many neighbors. Beneath the banner of the twin-tailed comet, emblem of its founder-god Sigmar Heldenhammer, the State Armies of the Empire took to the field behind their mighty Griffon-riding Emperor, confident of victory.

However, scratch the surface and peer just beneath, and things take on a different aspect. There are worrying rumors concerning the Emperor’s health, and he hasn’t been near his Griffon for months. Deep in the remote forests of this vast realm, Beastmen and worse still lurk, even though the forces of Chaos were expelled from the land two centuries ago. The taint of Chaos touches everywhere, inflicting strange mutations that force good folk to hide from their neighbors or face the flames of the witch hunters. Strange and secretive cults worship blasphemous gods.

It has been two centuries since any Champion of Chaos has arisen with the strength to unite the Enemy Without. But rumor suggests a new Chosen of the Ruinous Powers exists spinward, beyond the Norsca Sector, and is binding the warlike tribes together. So, the rulers of the galaxy do not relax their vigilance. They keep their eyes steadily on this terrible external threat. And, in doing so, they overlook the Enemy Within.

Aethyric DisruptionThe Empire is steeped in tradition and a powerful fear (rightfully so) of magic and those that abuse it. While elves are born with the ability to freely command the Aethyr while demonstrating control over the taint of chaos, humans are not so gifted. Millenia of battle with Chaos and of those magic users that have become twisted due to the influence of Dhar, have led the Empire, and their dwarven allies, to embrace technology. This led to the exploration of the stars and the colonization of numerous other worlds. Despite this, not much else has changed. The Empire still reigns as the greatest human power across several sectors, magic is generally feared and witch hunters hunt those who abuse it (or just use it, depending on the week), the rich are still rich, the poor are even poorer, dwarves and elves still hate and mistrust one another, and Chaos and Skaven still vie for dominance over everything.

The primary reason why technology has not become more dominant is the existence of the Winds of Magic. These pervasive currents of energy emitted from the tear into the Aethyr located at the center of the galaxy have devastating effects on electronics. Any electronic device coming in contact with the Winds effectively shuts down as though it were affected by an electromagnetic pulse. For this reason, technology is not relied upon much planetside, where the Winds of Magic tend to gather.

In space, it is far easier to avoid the Winds, and so interstellar travel and the existence of space stations are possible if the necessary precautions are taken.

The Hook

You have seen Crown Prince Hergard's notice of his expedition into the Grey Mountain Nebula, which had been posted in most notice boards on and off planets throughout the sector. For one reason or another, you have decided to head to Altdorf on Ost to join the expedition.

You are all passengers aboard a starliner operating on the **Middenheim-Altdorf Starline**. Some of you may know each other already; the others will meet for the first time.

The RulesetThe game will be following the Warhammer Enemy Within campaign, but we will be using the Traveller 2e ruleset. You can expect about 2/3 roleplay and 1/3 combat. Mechanics for magic, prayer/miracles, corruption, the various player races, etc., have been added and converted to Traveller 2e rules. A guide has been created detailing all of this, which can be found HERE. Please know that I do not expect anyone to read or absorb the entirety of the guide. I will provide information as it comes up and is needed.

Character creation will not be using the normal Traveller lifepath generation. Instead, we will be using the background and career packages presented in the Traveller companion (all of this is detailed in the character creation section of the guide).

ApplicationsApplications should include:
  • Name
  • Race
  • Description
  • Background
  • Career
  • History (Some information about your time growing up in your selected background and the time in your career. Please also include an explanation as to why you want to join Prince Hergard’s expedition.)

Rolls needed for character generation should be made HERE. Please DO NOT make rolls in this thread.

InformationDeadline: 1/27
Posts per week: 1
Number of players: 5

Last edited by Silent Rain; Jan 17th, 2023 at 12:34 PM.
Old Jan 6th, 2023, 01:30 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6931
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
I am going to plant a tentative interest here as I might lose my current Traveller game. But since this seems to lean more into fantasy than sci-fi, the tentative interest.
Old Jan 6th, 2023, 08:40 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 605
keylan keylan keylan keylan keylan keylan
I'm interested in this game. Don't have much experience with Traveller but I'm a fan of warhammer. Will be posting a character concept this weekend.
Old Jan 6th, 2023, 08:41 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
ArdentTapestry
This is a Warhammer game, if I'm correct?
Old Jan 6th, 2023, 09:51 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Thanks for the interest.

Yes, this is a warhammer campaign, and the world is decidedly that of warhammer (not 40k), but with the added twist that it is a couple thousand years after the generic setting. Space travel and advanced technology are a thing.

The ruleset is that of Traveller with some added rules for some specific Warhammer mechanics. It's perfectly fine if you have no prior experience with either setting.

Last edited by Silent Rain; Jan 6th, 2023 at 09:55 PM.
Old Jan 7th, 2023, 12:08 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 605
keylan keylan keylan keylan keylan keylan
Name: Thorgrin Firebeard
Race: Dwarf
Description:Thorgin stands at just over 5.2 feet tall. He has a thick red
beard and green eyes. He keeps his beard in a bread as to not interfere with
his daily life.
Background: Colonist
Career: Military (enlisted)
History: WIP
Old Jan 7th, 2023, 02:17 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6931
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
retrieves her flag Well, I really did lose my Traveller game. But I am just not up to more fantasy. Good luck and happy gaming.
Old Jan 7th, 2023, 02:31 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
No worries, ithinka. Thanks for your interest.

Old Jan 9th, 2023, 11:03 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4390
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
I don't have a traveler game guide. But if you run low on people you helped me through Coriolis app. I would be willing to try this too.
" Dragons who fly alone, Die alone!" Games: Beast (5e) Storm(Westernmarshes 5e) & Wildblade(Adventure #1 pf1e) https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...06#post9374506
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...13#post9375113
Old Jan 9th, 2023, 11:55 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 299
Vesper Vesper Vesper
Very interested. Contemplating an Elf.
Old Jan 11th, 2023, 08:54 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 139
galenbd galenbd
I'm interested as well. I finally looked through the creation rules and they're accessible.

Name: Beordir
Race: High Elf
Description: Beordir is tall and slim like most elves. His hair is short and brown. His eyes are also brown. He dresses in light blue or green when on leave, otherwise it's a ship suit or a uniform
Background: Low-Tech
Career: Military (enlisted) or Wizard depending
History :

Last edited by galenbd; Jan 11th, 2023 at 04:48 PM.
Old Jan 11th, 2023, 04:15 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 139
galenbd galenbd
I'm curious whether the Dwarf will be a stowaway since the Letter specifically calls them out.
Old Jan 17th, 2023, 12:33 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics

Applications are Closed

Thank you for everyone's interest, but this game is not garnering enough to warrant attempting to run it. I still intend on running the Enemy Within campaign, but will likely try again shortly with a more traditional set. Stay tuned.

Closed Thread