Notices

Old Jan 11th, 2023, 07:27 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 248
Garath Garath Garath
Saying Howdy to everyone

Hi everyone! I joined the site more than a year ago but then go busy with real life stuff and never got back to make an introduction.

I am hoping to find a Paladium system game to join if there are any on here who are accepting new players.: Heroes Unlimited, Rifts, Night Bane etc.
Old Jan 11th, 2023, 07:59 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 233
Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89
Hello and welcome, Garath!
Old Jan 11th, 2023, 08:26 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32893
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
Welcome (back) to RPG Crossing, Garath! 3rd party systems can be a little harder to find company for, but maybe with all the D&D OGL drama right now you'll be able to catch a wave of interest. You can try looking for game ads; you can also try watching active games to see if they might need an extra body.

It sounds like most of those games would be in our 'Other' category. You got me interested, so I made a little list of active games in that category. You can visit them by adding the forumid numer to the link https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f= (after the = sign). Here it is:
  forumid title 
  10805 Conan RPG: Sword and Sorcery in the Hyborian Age  
  10054 Conan: To Save a Kingdom  
  17092 The Solo Bazaar  
  18938 The Untamed West  
  19431 The Spiders Web  
  19867 It's A Milk Run, Honest  
  19647 The Color of Terror  
  19736 Wanderhome: The Road has a Song  
  19760 Ryuutama: Walking the Dragon's Egg  
  19789 To All a Good Night.  
  19851 Savage Worlds - Deadlands: Hell on Earth (Post Apocalypse) - The Siege of Crooked Creek  
  19895 The Fall of Boterovo (Lancer)  
  19939 The Red Peninsula (Worlds Without Number)  
  19992 Forbidden Lands  
  20005 Star Trek Adventures: To Boldly Go  
  20038 In The Shadow of Aufstrag  
  20147 An Evening at Strychmoor: The Last Supper of Lady Malissa Forthaught  
  20116 The Troubleshooters: The U-Boat Mystery  
  20126 Mothership: The Haunting of Ypsilon 14  
  20156 Alien RPG: Chariot of the Gods  
  20245 Cyberpunk - The Edge of Glory  
  20157 Our Animon Story  
  20159 (Rogue Trader) The Cambrian Depths  
  20268 The Magical Misfit Manor  

Have fun exploring!
Old Jan 11th, 2023, 08:35 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 83552
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Welcome!

Glad you broke the ice here, and said something! Always good to have new imaginations.

Happy gaming, and don't let another whole year go by, without a few more posts!
Old Jan 11th, 2023, 08:39 PM
Purrs & Roars

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5557
Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra
right-aligned image

‘Allo and Welcome! May you have many grand adventures and meet new friends along the way.
Old Jan 11th, 2023, 09:39 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 404
Ladytron Ladytron Ladytron Ladytron Ladytron
I'm surprised to see a Ryuutama game in there. I have the system, always wanted to try it.

Btw Garath if you want to see some Rifts here, why not run a game? Be the change in the world you want to see!
Old Jan 11th, 2023, 10:38 PM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11335
Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil
Howdy Garath,

Welcome back. There is a pretty wide selection of "other" games on this site, but you have to do a bit of digging.

Truth in lending, I'm a D&D player to my core. Lately it's been 5e, which I like a lot but my favorite version is AD&D. At one time or another I've played a whole host of RPGs. We have a little bit of everything here and lot of some games, D&D 5e and PF to be specific. Do you prefer games that tell stories or hack and slash? What is your favorite character class and race if you have one? Brie or feta?

This is a great place to scratch your RPG itch and interact with some great DMs and players. There is some incredible role playing going on here. I thought I was a pretty good story teller, but I have been put to shame by the quality of many of the players...and I have learned a lot. I sent a link to one such site below that has been going on continuously for over 40 years and has been only for close to twenty. I've been lucky to be a part of it for three years...so yes, there are some games that have longevity here. You should check out the Hall of Fame games over the years for others.

To start, you may want to check out a solo game. Even if you have PbP experience each site is a bit different.

This is a place where the people are welcoming, where the games are interesting, and where generally they only expect you to post a few times a week. I've been playing D&D for a very long time and I thought I've seen it all, but this site has some amazing games going on. I've been playing (storytelling as much as rolling) for a few years now in a game that has been going on continuously for four decades, started tabletop and moved online two decades ago. It's set in an alternate Europe where the worlds of Tolkien and Howard existed in ages past. So there is a hint of LOTR and a hint of Conan in it and since it's set in an alt Europe it somehow feels familiar.

This is just one example and there are other great campaigns on RPGX. You should take some time to "stroll around" the site and see if anything catches your eye.

I hope to see you around on the boards.
Old Jan 12th, 2023, 03:09 AM
Flightless buzzard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20413
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Welcome to the site!

(While we're listing Other options, I'll shout out the Solo Bazaar as a more unique listing there - it's not so much a single game as it is a hub and meeting point for one-on-one or true-solo gaming. It's different to the New Player Solo Game offering, which might be better for starting out with a solo intro to the site, but keep the Bazaar in mind down the road too!)
Old Jan 12th, 2023, 04:38 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33644
Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc
Welcome back :-)

please check out our Solo Games a private luxury DM will be included for free
~ standard weekends offline ~
Old Jan 12th, 2023, 09:01 AM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55266
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Happy return, Garath!

I haven’t played in the Paladium system, so I’m curious to hear more about it from a fan.
What do you like about it? Do you think it translates well to play-by-post gaming?
Old Jan 12th, 2023, 10:07 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 248
Garath Garath Garath
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabadger View Post
Happy return, Garath!

I haven’t played in the Palladium system, so I’m curious to hear more about it from a fan.
What do you like about it? Do you think it translates well to play-by-post gaming?
I like the variety of skills in the system as well as the combat system, while a bit clunky at times, takes more things into consideration, like the ability to dodge or parry an attack. Yes I know it is considered to be automatically included in the combat of the D&D system but the Palladium system has rules and bonuses/penalties included. And Yes I am positive the Palladium System translates very well to play by post style. I've been playing in one for a little over 2 years now on Facebook.

And a big thanks for al the warm welcoming posts. A little more about me. I started playing Dungeons and Dragons in 1981 and actually ran an AD&D game for more than 3 years with the same group back in the 80's. I still have enough AD&D book to write up a decent campaign but I just don't have the patience for it like I used to.

Also, thanks for all the great suggestions of places to look for games on here, I will definitely be looking into them.
Old Jan 12th, 2023, 10:53 AM
Psalm 144

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6334
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Welcome to RPG Crossing.

I too highly recommend checking out the New Player Solo Game in the main forum's Solo Games/New Gamers folder. There are 13th Age, Call of Cthulhu, DnD (3.5, 4, 5), FATE, Pathfinder (1), and Travelers many game systems to pick from and once signed up, you will be paired with a patient and helpful GM that can help show you the ropes of how to do things at this site. They can also be an excellent person to ask any questions to while you are getting up to speed on things.

All these things can be done with the Hero System. Champions, Dark Champions, Star Hero, and Monster Hunter International (that is based on the novels of the same name).So, ever wanted to be a superhero fighting crime to make the world a safer place? Or don a mask and make the criminals fear your brand of justice? Or go where no man has gone before and explore the outer reaches of the known universe and beyond? Or have you ever wanted to join the Monster Hunter International (MHI) team to track down things that go bump in the night while the Monster Control Bureau (MCB) does everything they can to keep those things a secret and dreading the day you have to deal with the Special Task Force Unicorn (STFU) teams from the MCB?

Anyway, enjoy your time here and let us know if you have any questions.
Old Jan 12th, 2023, 06:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 154
Exeter Exeter
Hello to everyone!
Old Jan 12th, 2023, 06:20 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32893
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exeter View Post
Hello to everyone!
Welcome to RPG Crossing, Exeter! I suggest that you make your own Introduction thread to tell us a bit about yourself and start a conversation by clicking this link: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/newthrea...ewthread&f=861
Old Jan 13th, 2023, 06:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5620
Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman
Welcome Garath