RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Old Jan 14th, 2023, 08:09 AM
E X • N O X • L U X

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15411
ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex
A game over Facebook? My brain can't even! Please tell us more! How do you do it?

Welcome (back) to the Crossing, Garath!

Old Jan 14th, 2023, 08:58 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 248
Garath Garath Garath
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderOblex View Post
A game over Facebook? My brain can't even! Please tell us more! How do you do it?

Welcome (back) to the Crossing, Garath!
Thank you!

The GM set up a page dedicated to the actual game with several tabs to show his own house rules for game mechanics etc. Then there is a thread or threads for the actual game, plus an extra chat room for us to talk about the game out of character etc.

The main game page is by invitation only to be able to post on as is the side chat.

As the game has progressed we had a fair amount of information regarding the main quest line, so I set up a page dedicated to in game information every player would know. I've set it up so that anyone who is part of the game can post on the page so we all have access to the information and can stay on the same page for the main plot.

Edit: Forgot to add dice rolling is on the honor system, but we just put the raw rolls, the GM takes care of the bonuses. We roll our own damage.

Last edited by Garath; Jan 14th, 2023 at 09:37 AM. Reason: for to talk about dice rolls
Old Jan 14th, 2023, 01:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6787
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
Welcome, Garath! That is really cool with how y'all pulled that off on Facebook. Sounds fun!

Hope you find a few fun games to join on the site. I'm a big fan of the Solo Bazaar games if you enjoy one-on-one gaming.
Old Jan 15th, 2023, 10:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2192
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Hi and welcome to one of my faves places on the internet. So only Palladium or you tempted by some of the other treats here?

Ski Season is coming up and whilst I have every intention to still be here stuff happens. NPC me as soon as you need to.
Old Jan 16th, 2023, 09:13 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 248
Garath Garath Garath
Quote:
Hi and welcome to one of my faves places on the internet. So only Palladium or you tempted by some of the other treats here?
I made an application posted in the 5E solo adventure games as advised a few days ago but haven't heard anything back yet. I've also been looking around at several of the other threads, but will hold off applying for any other games until I get more confident with the mechanics of the site. Especially regarding dice rolling and the like.

Last edited by Garath; Jan 16th, 2023 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Had the wrong quote somehow
Old Jan 16th, 2023, 10:25 AM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11335
Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garath View Post
I made an application posted in the 5E solo adventure games as advised a few days ago but haven't heard anything back yet. I've also been looking around at several of the other threads, but will hold off applying for any other games until I get more confident with the mechanics of the site. Especially regarding dice rolling and the like.
Yeah, the dice rolling looks daunting but it isn't bad. I'm about as technologically illiterate as they come and I figured it out...with some help from friends. Just remember, if hitting quote and then copy and paste is your friend. Also, you can send yourself a PM experimenting with the different controls to see how they work. Most, although not all, work in PMs.

Here are some Hit the quote button and then copy whatever you need from a message...then modify and make it yours.dice rolls you can copy and use to play around with:

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling, Till, My Hands Are Swollen
Dice Stealth:
2d20+7kh1 (16, 13 (keeping 16) )+7 Total = 23

Dice Attack 1:
1d20+5 (5)+5 Total = 10

Dice Damage 1:
1d8+3 (4)+3 Total = 7

Dice Damage Hunter's Mark:
1d6 3

Dice Attack 2:
1d20+5 (8)+5 Total = 13

Dice Damage 2:
1d8+3 (1)+3 Total = 4

Dice Damage Hunter's Mark:
1d6 6

You can change the text inside the quotes to rename what you are rolling. PM me if you need help with anything. If I don't how I can find out.

Last edited by Ildrahil; Jan 16th, 2023 at 10:29 AM.
Old Jan 17th, 2023, 07:48 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 930
Loun Loun Loun Loun Loun Loun Loun Loun
Welcome Garath!
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 01:10 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2192
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
"Good BBCoders imitate - Great BBCoders steal." - pretty sure I saw that quote around here somewhere...

Ski Season is coming up and whilst I have every intention to still be here stuff happens. NPC me as soon as you need to.
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 05:27 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 143
NatCaemor NatCaemor
Hi! Welcome!