Notices

Old Jan 12th, 2023, 10:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 154
Exeter Exeter
Hello from Exeter!

Hello to everyone! I'm new here, followed someone else to the forum. I've done a little forum based RP before but never with mechanics. I've mostly played in Pathfinder 1e but done one in 5e about a two years ago. Hope to see you in a game and having fun!

Last edited by Exeter; Jan 12th, 2023 at 10:44 PM.
Old Jan 12th, 2023, 10:52 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32893
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
Welcome to RPG Crossing, Exeter! Awesome that you came with a friend -- hopefully that'll make it a lot easier to get going. One nice thing about forum play is that it gives you a lot of time to look up rules in between actions, if you aren't familiar with the mechanics. I have definitely used that to my advantage in the past. Have fun exploring, and let us know if you have questions!
Old Jan 12th, 2023, 11:24 PM
Psalm 144

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6334
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Howdy Exeter. Welcome to RPGx.

I highly recommend checking out the New Player Solo Game in the main forum's Solo Games/New Gamers folder. There are 13th Age, Call of Cthulhu, DnD (3.5, 4, 5), FATE, Pathfinder (1), and Travelers many game systems to pick from and once signed up, you will be paired with a patient and helpful GM that can help show you the ropes of how to do things at this site. They can also be an excellent person to ask any questions to while you are getting up to speed on things.

And you are in luck, because Pathfinder is one of the more popular games here.

While the game pace may be slower, you have a lot more freedom to write. Not to mention, we have a dice roller supported in the forums too.

So, by chance, ever play any games with the Hero System, like Champions?

Anyway, let us know if you have any questions.
Old Jan 12th, 2023, 11:42 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 154
Exeter Exeter
Thanks for the info,

Never played with a hero system. I did a three different ones, of just forum based (no rules or mechanics) hosted by one of my friends, in the star wars, star Trek, and Harry Potter universe. I like mechanics in my game so looking forward to this.
Old Jan 13th, 2023, 12:40 AM
Purrs & Roars

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5557
Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra
right-aligned image

‘Allo and Welcome Exeter!
May you have many grand adventures and meet new friends along the way.
Old Jan 13th, 2023, 05:45 AM
Flightless buzzard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20413
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Welcome to the site!
Old Jan 13th, 2023, 08:56 AM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11335
Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil
Howdy Exeter,

I take it you know Airroneous? Truth in lending, I'm a D&D player to my core so I'm going to try to steer you that way! Lately I have mostly played 5e, which I like a lot but my favorite version is AD&D. At one time or another I've played a whole host of RPGs. We have a little bit of everything here and lot of some games, D&D 5e and PF to be specific, which seem to be your sweet spot. Do you prefer games that tell stories or hack and slash? What is your favorite character class and race if you have one? Star Trek or Star Wars?

This is a great place to scratch your RPG itch and interact with some great DMs and players. There is some incredible role playing going on here. I thought I was a pretty good story teller, but I have been put to shame by the quality of many of the players...and I have learned a lot. I sent a link to one such site below that has been going on continuously for over 40 years and has been only for close to twenty. I've been lucky to be a part of it for three years...so yes, there are some games that have longevity here. You should check out the Hall of Fame games over the years for others.

You may want to check out a solo game. It'll help get your feet under you regarding the site mechanics and you'll also get a taste of the game mechanics offered here.

This is a place where the people are welcoming, where the games are interesting, and where generally they only expect you to post a few times a week. I've been playing D&D for a very long time and I thought I've seen it all, but this site has some amazing games going on. I've been playing (storytelling as much as rolling) for a few years now in a game that has been going on continuously for four decades, started tabletop and moved online two decades ago. It's set in an alternate Europe where the worlds of Tolkien and Howard existed in ages past. So there is a hint of LOTR and a hint of Conan in it and since it's set in an alt Europe it somehow feels familiar.

This is just one example and there are other great campaigns on RPGX. You should take some time to "stroll around" the site and see if anything catches your eye.

I hope to see you around on the boards.
Old Jan 13th, 2023, 10:07 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33644
Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc
Goodday Exeter,

Whohohow, how brave to join on Friday the 13th, hehe ;-). A double welcome for that and I have to confess that I am curious --> 'Hello to everyone! I'm new here, followed someone else to the forum' who who who???????
Do you have a preference right now between Pathfinder and 5e? (spoiler alert: my preference is definitely 5e ;-)

please check out our Solo Games a private luxury DM will be included for free
~ standard weekends offline ~
Old Jan 13th, 2023, 11:44 AM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55266
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Hi, Exeter! I can’t believe that name was still open; good on you for snagging it!

So the Star Wars, Harry Potter, Star Trek thing … was three different games, I imagine. But let me enjoy, for a second, imagining it as one cross-genre mashup … it would be glorious!

Anyway … welcome to the site! Hope you find a game to your choosing.
Old Jan 13th, 2023, 12:16 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32893
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabadger View Post
So the Star Wars, Harry Potter, Star Trek thing … was three different games, I imagine. But let me enjoy, for a second, imagining it as one cross-genre mashup … it would be glorious!
That seems super doable.... what system would you choose?
Old Jan 13th, 2023, 01:28 PM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11335
Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabadger View Post
Hi, Exeter! I can’t believe that name was still open; good on you for snagging it!

Anyway … welcome to the site! Hope you find a game to your choosing.
Voldemort with photon torpedoes and a cloaking device while teaching abilities to the Sith...sounds fun!
Old Jan 13th, 2023, 06:20 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 83552
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Welcome!

You followed someone else? Cool. I used to do that, but Birched got a court order (something about stalking) and now, I can't follow people anymore. Sit outside their house for a month, and... they get all court ordery.

Glad to have another Pathfinder gamer aboard... I know 5e is tempting, but let me welcome you to the pathfinder hood again! We need all the imaginations we can get!

Of course... you can play either one, or both if you want. not trying to start a war... just joshin'But Pathfinder is best, eh?

Happy gaming!
Old Jan 13th, 2023, 06:38 PM
Player Four has Entered

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1108
Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis
Hey! Welcome to the site!
Old Jan 13th, 2023, 06:40 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5620
Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman
Welcome Exeter, i like the handle
Old Jan 14th, 2023, 01:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6787
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
Welcome, Exeter! I see you're already into some PF games! I hope you enjoy those and enjoy the site!