Notices

Old Jan 17th, 2023, 06:07 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 148
Dodge7 Dodge7
Hello there!

Hey there, everybody! Just joined up, recently started trying out PbP in another forum and decided to branch out here
My previous experience with ttrpgs is pretty limited, a short one-person game with a friend in D&D 3.5 (which ended after about 2 sessions) and a currently ongoing play by post 5e game. That said, I like reading and watching videos about the game, so I know my way around a d20 (or so I'd like to think). I'm also down to try out new stuff, though, especially Pathfinder
Hope we can have some fun together!
Old Jan 17th, 2023, 06:17 PM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11335
Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil
Howdy Dodge7,

So do you drive 7 different Dodge vehicles? Do you dodge the number 7? Or, does it take a roll of 7 to dodge something in your games? Enquiring minds want to know...well, at least mine does. You have defintiely come to the right place to add to your RPG fix and to branch out.

Truth in lending, I'm a D&D player to my core. Lately it's been 5e, which I like a lot but my favorite version is AD&D. At one time or another I've played a whole host of RPGs. We have a little bit of everything here and lot of some games, D&D 5e and PF to be specific. Do you prefer games that tell stories or hack and slash? What is your favorite character class and race if you have one? Star Trek or Star Wars?

This is a great place to scratch your RPG itch and interact with some great DMs and players. There is some incredible role playing going on here. I thought I was a pretty good story teller, but I have been put to shame by the quality of many of the players...and I have learned a lot. I sent a link to one such site below that has been going on continuously for over 40 years and has been only for close to twenty. I've been lucky to be a part of it for three years...so yes, there are some games that have longevity here. You should check out the Hall of Fame games over the years for others.

To start, you may want to check out a solo game. Even if you have PbP experience each site is a bit different.

This is a place where the people are welcoming, where the games are interesting, and where generally they only expect you to post a few times a week. I've been playing D&D for a very long time and I thought I've seen it all, but this site has some amazing games going on. I've been playing (storytelling as much as rolling) for a few years now in a game that has been going on continuously for four decades, started tabletop and moved online two decades ago. It's set in an alternate Europe where the worlds of Tolkien and Howard existed in ages past. So there is a hint of LOTR and a hint of Conan in it and since it's set in an alt Europe it somehow feels familiar.

This is just one example and there are other great campaigns on RPGX. You should take some time to "stroll around" the site and see if anything catches your eye.

I hope to see you around on the boards.
Old Jan 17th, 2023, 06:22 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 83602
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Welcome!

glad you popped in and joined us here. Pathfinder is GREAT... most excellent game to try, and to learn. Maybe I'll see you in a game or ten then.

Good luck, and happy gaming!
Old Jan 17th, 2023, 06:39 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32893
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
Wecome to RPG Crossing, Dodge7! I've just been reminding myself how to play Pathfinder (1e) in the hopes of hopping into one of Dirk's games. One of my favourite systems. Really hoping Dirk isn't getting too impatient with the lack of a fleshed out character materializing already.... Anyway, have fun exploring and I hope you find some games that you love! Let us know if you have any questions.
Old Jan 17th, 2023, 07:47 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 930
Loun Loun Loun Loun Loun Loun Loun Loun
Welcome!
Old Jan 17th, 2023, 07:48 PM
Psalm 144

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6334
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Welcome to the RPG Crossing Dodge7. (Kind of wonder what happened to the other dodges before you...)

There is a strong pathfinder presence here, so I am sure a game or two will pop up on a regular basis for you to consider. And since you like trying new things, have you ever considered trying the Hero System?

Let us know if you have any questions. You will find that this is a very supportive site.

Last edited by Kenjitsu; Jan 18th, 2023 at 12:52 PM.
Old Jan 17th, 2023, 08:42 PM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55266
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Hi, Dodge7! Welcome to the site. I think there might be a few of us ready to take a second look at Pathfinder after the events of the past few weeks, so I imagine you might see a boost to an already strong Pathfinder community here. So what type of characters have you enjoyed creating and paying the most? Your name suggests artificer, cause whether its Dodge the autos or Dodge the city of gunslingers, your name would have it covered!
Old Jan 17th, 2023, 09:23 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 148
Dodge7 Dodge7
Wow, such a warm welcome!
Answering some of the questions: I go by Dodge because I have a knack for not getting hit in every game I play, and the 7 is for luck. Either that, or I like leaving home at exactly 7PM to try and avoid very specific vehicles. Which one is it? The world may never know...

I'm partial to Wizards, myself. Love being a living Batman toolbelt to cover whatever utility the party lacks, support allies and weaken foes, and pop like a balloon if an owlbear so much as scrapes me. Then again, the most memorable moment from the short-lived 3.5 game I played with my friend was when a Ranger ally got crit by a dire rat and fell unconscious from full health, so maybe not just a Wizard thing...
That being said, reading up on PF also made me like the Magus. And Artificer is just cool in general, yeah. Guess I like the Int classes, basically

Don't have much preference on races, though I lean towards Elves and Half-Elves
I've watched more Star Wars than Star Trek, but don't know much about either, honestly.
I think I like a good balance of roleplay/story focus and fighting things, maybe leaning a bit towards the latter? Honestly I'm kinda trying stuff out and seeing what I like best

Lastly, this the first I've heard of the Hero System, but I'll definitely check it out, I like the sound of all that customization of how your powers work

I'll definitely have a good look around and get acquainted with the place, the idea of a game going on for 40+ years is unbelievable! Looking forward to some great times here with y'all
Old Jan 17th, 2023, 09:43 PM
Purrs & Roars

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5557
Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra
right-aligned image

‘Allo and Welcome Dodge7!

May you have many grand adventures and meet new friends along the way.
Old Jan 17th, 2023, 09:56 PM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55266
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Aha! An OG dodger…hadn’t thought of that.
Yeah, wizards and owlbears … owlbears and wizards … not a match made in heaven, is it?
(Unless you’re a hungry Owlbear!)
Old Jan 19th, 2023, 06:32 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33694
Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc
Goodmorning Dodge7,

Welcome over here my respect for the 'leaving at 7PM exactly to avoid very specific vehicles'. I am sure that you meant to avoid this!!! There was a news article just recently they are a nuisance to all

So yes, completely lost the subject of greeting you properly, your reply was just too funny ;-)

please check out our Solo Games a private luxury DM will be included for free
~ standard weekends offline ~
Old Jan 19th, 2023, 04:51 PM
Flightless buzzard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20413
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Welcome to the site!

Can confirm PF Magus is pretty cool. Although my favourite PF character is a tie between a kobold bard and a hobgoblin brawler. (Once you know the system, brawlers can be a ton of fun.)
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 01:21 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2192
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Dodge7 and a D20 player. Must be one hell of a bonus or there should be a funny tale to go with that failure

SW vs ST is basically Magic the Tech VS Tech the Tech *substitute fancy words as required (still like both though)

Ski Season is coming up and whilst I have every intention to still be here stuff happens. NPC me as soon as you need to.
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 03:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6787
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
Welcome, Dodge7! I hope your enjoying the site! I just wanted to add that half-elves are definitely the way to go !

Happy Gaming!