Notices

Old Jan 20th, 2023, 05:20 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 143
NatCaemor NatCaemor
I hope I'm doing this right...

Hey! I'm Natalia (she/her, 25) and I tried this website years ago (back in college). I started playing again because my IRL friends are all sad adults like me now and we don't have time to play together anymore lol So I'm just searching for a nice group I can tell stories with.

PS: Did I post it in the right place? Gosh I hope so... XP
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 05:50 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32893
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
Welcome to RPG Crossing, NatCaemor! I hope you find your nice group here and tell some great stories. Have fun exploring, and let us know if you have any questions!
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 06:02 PM
Psalm 144

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6334
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Howday NatCaemor, welcome to RPG Crossing.

Yes, you did it right. This is the right place to introduce yourself.

So, what kind of game are you looking for? What kind of character do you want to play?
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 06:07 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
NatCaemor NatCaemor
I really want to play a court poet (skald/bard) so I can challenge myself to make inspiration checks and other spells by rhyming. It can either be funny and cringy or I can come up with something pretty cool.
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 06:09 PM
Psalm 144

Tools
User Statistics
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
I have known some players who did that (and did it well). I remember doing something similar, but all I remember was that it took a lot more effort to do those posts. So, I am sure it will be fun and worth the effort.
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 06:12 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32893
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCaemor View Post
I really want to play a court poet (skald/bard) so I can challenge myself to make inspiration checks and other spells by rhyming. It can either be funny and cringy or I can come up with something pretty cool.
I'm very tempted to do something like this fueled by ChatGPT. It makes absolutely terrible poetry, in my few attempts. But it does make it. Two things hold me back: 1) I'm not sure I want to inflict this on anyone else, and 2) ChatGPT has been down 3 out of 5 times I've thought to play with it recently.

That said, it just worked for me. I asked it to "write a haiku about an RPG gamer NatCaemor who really wants to play a court poet (skald/bard) so she can challenge herself to make inspiration checks and other spells by rhyming."

This is your poem:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChatGPT
NatCaemor dreams deep
Court poet's role to play and rhyme
Inspiration calls
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 06:12 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 83552
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Welcome!

Glad you joined us. It sucks, doesn't it, when being mature gets in the way of good gaming! Worst part of growing up is people expecting your imagination to die. Well, you came to the place where imaginations LIVE!!! Hope yours gets a shot of new life, and we can see it in some games.

Happy gaming!
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 06:18 PM
Psalm 144

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birched View Post
I'm very tempted to do something like this fueled by ChatGPT.
What a wonderful idea. I have only played with ChatGPT a little bit, but was very impressed when I asked it to write some serial port code in C and it did. A guy that I work with asked it to give instructions on how to get a peanut butter sandwich out of a VCR written in old King James style English. And it did that as well. I guess I need to go back and play with ChatGPT a little more while it is still free to play with.
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 06:29 PM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55266
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
That’s how they’ll get us. The robots will have us stick peanut butter sandwiches into VCRs and then—and only then—will they give us instructions on how to get them out.

Naetcamor, you have come to us at the end times of humanity (and VCRs), it seems, so please enjoy the gaming while it lasts!
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 06:56 PM
Flightless buzzard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20413
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Welcome to the site!

Quote:
It makes absolutely terrible poetry
You just don't, like, get it.
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 08:15 PM
Purrs & Roars

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5557
Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra
right-aligned image

ĎAllo and Welcome NatCaemor!

Come on in and have a look around. There is a lot to see and do. Enjoy and have fun.
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 08:53 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 115
Nuric Nuric
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCaemor View Post
Hey! I'm Natalia (she/her, 25) and I tried this website years ago (back in college). I started playing again because my IRL friends are all sad adults like me now and we don't have time to play together anymore lol So I'm just searching for a nice group I can tell stories with.

PS: Did I post it in the right place? Gosh I hope so... XP

I know the feeling . Sites like this have been an incredible source of fun after years of having a terrible work schedule, and a few misfires with live games. Welcome back!
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 04:40 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33644
Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc
Welcome NatCaemor,

Yes! You posted in the right place! So you passed your first two tests, set up a thread to introduce yourself AND shed your yellow new player username. So yeah, you are one of us now . The lack of time and energy in real life is so familiar, we tried to play live online but at one point, it was such a challenge to find a date and time that it slowly faded away. To share some personal stuff, interests changed so instead of getting D&D sessions going we now have regular game night, playing boardgames.

So, happy that this place exists, we can play together despite time zones, even though it is slow it provides so many opportunities and fun adventures. Welcome over here

please check out our Solo Games a private luxury DM will be included for free
~ standard weekends offline ~
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 03:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6787
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
Welcome, NatCaemor! PbP is the perfect potion to combat lack-of-time-to-game. A great way to get started on the site and with PbP in general is with a New Player Solo Game. There are tons of different systems you could apply for .

Happy Gaming!
Old Jan 22nd, 2023, 02:10 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
NatCaemor NatCaemor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Dirk View Post
Welcome!

Glad you joined us. It sucks, doesn't it, when being mature gets in the way of good gaming! Worst part of growing up is people expecting your imagination to die. Well, you came to the place where imaginations LIVE!!! Hope yours gets a shot of new life, and we can see it in some games.

Happy gaming!
I'm already excited. This place is great, I needed a community like this.