Notices

Old Jan 20th, 2023, 10:21 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 333
THAN0S THAN0S THAN0S THAN0S
Mid-aged Gamer, new to the site

Well, it finally happened, I landed here. Hope to enjoy a game of Amber with Wired*Nun and some other friends from back in the day.

Is there a way to change the background colors from the default?

Thank you for having me.
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 10:39 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Marvel Advanced was my first system, then Robotech via the Palladium system. D&D 2nd followed that with a foray into Shadowrun 2nd and RIFTs, but Amberdiceless was vastly intriguing since it did not have a means of random generation and I loved the books. High school ended and I went to college where I was introduced to the World of Darkness, homebrew D&D, and ran my very own Amber game to the delight of the many and the regret of one who could not get a handle on the 'diceless' aspect. That summer I also ran Amber for my hometown friends, in which I GM'd something like 8-10 hours of play and had friends visit me at work to 'play' while I made pizzas. The following year of college I GM'd another game that ended up with 12 players, 12 theater volunteers playing various elders and high profile NPCs, and I found my limits.

Since then it has mostly been Exalted, with one campaign lasting 10 odd years with a half dozen characters for each of the players. Following that it was mostly RPing on a different site (or 3-4) and the diceless MURPG that came out a decade ago.
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 10:50 PM
Purrs & Roars

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5557
Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra
right-aligned image

ĎAllo and Welcome THAN0S!

Have fun exploring the variety of games RPG Crossing has to offer and join in the fun.

To change your background you go to:

My Account - Edit Options - Scroll down to Miscellaneous Options - Forum Skin and use the drop-down to pick your background.
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 10:55 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 83552
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Welcome!

Glad you landed here. Been seeing you hovering up there in some kind of holding pattern forever. Like a drone or something. And you have friends here too, so... happy gaming!
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 10:58 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33797
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Welcome!

Ah Robotech... my first favourite anime as a boy.

There's plenty of middle-aged players here and some ancestors like Dirk.

I'm working on a new campaign setting, do you mind giving me feedback? Thanks.
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 11:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17882
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Welcome to the site! It's always so interesting to hear about how many ttrpgs there are out there that I haven't hear of.

Do you plan on DMing here as well or play in other games?
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 12:08 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
DM/GM/Storytelling is an option for the future when I am not teaching Biology, Chemistry, and Physics at the same time and for the first time in a handful of years. The school I teach at lost 3 coaches that also happened to be science teachers and needed me and I am certified, but would rather be teaching math. I took up the slack that nobody else could.
I have also played some war games with Battletech being my favorite, but Axis and Allies and Civilization near the top. There was an old game with a huge map set in the napoleonic era that I played two semesters (pulled chits for formations as the main combat mechanic) and was like Diplomacy, but I forgot what it was called. Very fun, but took a long time.
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 01:09 AM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32893
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
Welcome to RPG Crossing, THAN0S! There are no user-defined palettes, but there are a few to choose from in the pulldown at the bottom left of every page. Were you hoping for a dark theme? Or something more unique?

Good luck with your Amber game, and have fun exploring the site!
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 04:22 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33644
Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc
Goodmorning THAN0S,

Just to check for any future reasons, is there a digit zero 0 in your username or the letter O?
Besides that: welcome over here! And non-roleplay related, so cool you are a biology teacher, got a smart kid that participated at the International Biology Olympics. Couple of years ago, but still brag-able I think.
She is now in Costa Rica getting very happy about birds and frogs, hehe (something you would probably understand ;-)

Again, a very odd welcome, maybe it's just a morning like that

please check out our Solo Games a private luxury DM will be included for free
~ standard weekends offline ~
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 07:10 AM
Flightless buzzard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20413
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
That's a nice gaming history. Welcome to the site!
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 07:22 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33797
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Axis and allies and civilization ate thousands of hours of my life lol

I'm working on a new campaign setting, do you mind giving me feedback? Thanks.

Last edited by MoonZar; Jan 21st, 2023 at 07:23 AM.
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 09:05 AM
Psalm 144

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6334
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Howday Thanos, welcome to RPG Crossing.

I have a friend that has been running a BattleTech game for over a decade. We use MegaMech to handle the logic management. He loves writing, so he has been writing up the scenarios and taking us through the Mechwarrior history. While the interface we use looks like it came from the 80s, it still has been fun to command my mechs and roleplay the commander.

The same group has also played many Axis and Allies games. We even did the Warhammer Fantasy battles for over a decade when we were younger.

With so many people coming in for your guy's Amber game, I might have to do some research and be an observer to see how it works.

Anyway, glad you guys came to our little corner of the net. Let us know if you have any questions.
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 11:47 AM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55266
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Welcome, THANOS!
Did you get your screen default changed?
There are a few quirks about the default choices: Drake (no background) is the one most accessible and seems to guarantee that most of the colors and hyperlinks that others post will be visible. Behemoth seems to have a fanbase, and it shows off fairly well on mobile devices. Cool kids use Fresh Lime, but it makes crucial links really difficult to see at times. But that's the price to pay for being gorgeous, right?
Anyway, welcome to you and your gaming group! It's so cool y'all are coming in together and I hope, contrary to age-old wisdom, you might consider splitting the party at some time and search off for new games and make new friendships around here. Even the Fresh Lime crowd is surprisingly welcoming for a bunch of digital hipsters!
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 11:50 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@chocoladevla Yes, the zero verses the o is intentional so that nobody can get anybody in trouble for possible infringement of copyrighted stuff that might pertain to my favorite comic book character. On a side note, Thanos is a rare name used in India. Interesting enough my normal name Thanos_Infinity was already in use, but all of my passwords and email accounts were not recognized, so I went with the all caps version with the zero.
--I would still rather be teaching math or just Physics or maybe the two of them at the same time, but three science classes the same year is.....challenging.

@Kenjitsu & MoonZar

Civilization is very fun, but very long and involved. AaA has been regulated to computer only, but few people are willing to put in 4+ hours at game/hobby shops for any game that is not full on miniatures at least near me. I am sure there are a few, but scheduling blocks of time for 3 people is hard enough, let alone a real game of Civilization with the expansion.

Please do come over, and take a look, but if you really want to get into it, pick up Nine Princes in Amber at a used book store or the Great Book of Amber (all 10 novels). None of the original books is all that thick and only Guns of Avalon would be considered thick. heck, by todays David Weber 800-1200 pagers the Amber books are downright small.
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 03:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6787
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
Welcome, THAN0S! Am I understanding you right that you were GMing while working a job making pizza? If so, that is just awesome !

Thanks for bringing all of your RPing experience to the site! I hope your diceless Amber game goes well!