Notices

Old Jan 21st, 2023, 01:05 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Redwing
An eclectic gamer joining a table for a tale

Greetings and salutations. My resume of RPGs is very diverse and began seated at a basement table playing Empire of the Petal Throne. With a lowly starting wizard who lost his footing on a slippery winding stairwell descending into dangerous tunnels below to begin an adventure. The wizard’s health did not survive the fall and thus ended my first character’s life minutes after creation, so long ago. Such were rules without death saves, negative hit points, or getting max hp starting out. I kept a 2 on a d4 with no bonuses.

Since that night, I have gamed for several decades and it seems like I’ve played over 100 different RPGs. Early days included Dungeons & Dragons (blue box), Cyberpunk (original), Call of Cthulhu, and James Bond 007.

Currently, I’m GMing Symbaroum’s Chronicle of the Throne of Thorns (Original Symbaroum mechanics, not the 5E “Ruins” version) at my household table.

My travels have brought me to RPGX to enjoy my first chance playing in an Amber diceless game along with others. It’s great to be here and certainly looking forward to reading many amazing tales.

Last edited by Redwing; Jan 21st, 2023 at 01:17 AM.
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 01:07 AM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32893
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
Welcome to RPG Crossing, Redwing, and thanks for supporting the site as a CS member right from the start! Sounds like you've already got a group lined up. I hope your game goes well! Have fun exploring the community, and let us know if you have any questions.
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 04:29 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33644
Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc
Goodmorning Redwing,

First of all, thank you for your trust in the site to become a CS straight from the start. Therefore; a token of appreciation, a song to say thank you :-). And ofcourse, welcome.

Impressed by your roleplay experience, and awesome you are still playing in real life. We played for years with friends, even started using an online live-setting (Teams) to keep going when times were rough but in the end, the lack of time and energy stopped our adventures. Are your household-table players also joining the Crossing, and/or are you going to DM them an adventure over here?

please check out our Solo Games a private luxury DM will be included for free
~ standard weekends offline ~
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 07:07 AM
Flightless buzzard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20413
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Even just scratching the surface that's quite a gaming resume. Welcome to the site! Hope you settle in nicely.
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 07:36 AM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 83552
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Welcome!

cool avatar, and cool name. Always amazed at cool names that haven't been taken already. You sound like a superhero!

Glad you joined us, sounds like you've got a plan for gaming, so I'll let you get to it with your friends. Enjoy!
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 07:46 AM
rawr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5860
Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23
Ooh, a symbaroum fan! Bhope you decide to run something here at some point.

Old Jan 21st, 2023, 09:08 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17882
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Welcome!

I wish I could relate to your gaming experience, but sadly I'm relatively new in comparison. Considering you've shared your first character's prompt demise, what was your longest running character?
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 09:10 AM
Psalm 144

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6334
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Howdy Redwing, welcome to RPG Crossing.

Have you ever played with the Hero System? I have to agree with Dirk that Redwing would work well as a superhero character in Champions.

So, what kind of games are you looking for? What kind of characters do you like to play?
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 11:42 AM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55266
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Love Symbaroum and delighted that somewhere in the world it is getting a good run.
Welcome to the site! And, as Choco said, thanks for joining up and becoming a community member right away. One of the things that drew me and keeps me here is that the emphasis is on the gaming and the interactions--nobody is trying to sell you anything or promote anything that forces you to reach for your credit card--it's by gamers and for gamers ... and now we have one more, highly experienced Red Wing gamer among us, and I'm looking forward to meeting you around the boards!
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 12:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Redwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birched View Post
Welcome to RPG Crossing, Redwing, and thanks for supporting the site as a CS member right from the start! Sounds like you've already got a group lined up. I hope your game goes well! Have fun exploring the community, and let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you so very much for the welcome. I have only browsed some of the vast features of this amazing site, and am very impressed with all it has to offer. It's great to have found such a robust community of gamers.
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 12:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Redwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotsuSama View Post
Even just scratching the surface that's quite a gaming resume. Welcome to the site! Hope you settle in nicely.
Appreciate the welcome! The community here is quite friendly and supportive. A real gamer's paradise.
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 12:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Redwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Dirk View Post
Welcome!

cool avatar, and cool name. Always amazed at cool names that haven't been taken already. You sound like a superhero!

Glad you joined us, sounds like you've got a plan for gaming, so I'll let you get to it with your friends. Enjoy!
I also was surprised that Redwing was available. I never thought of it in that context. Guess I'll have to join forces with Nightwing and save Gotham. LOL
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 12:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Redwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocoladevla View Post
Goodmorning Redwing,

First of all, thank you for your trust in the site to become a CS straight from the start. Therefore; a token of appreciation, a song to say thank you :-). And ofcourse, welcome.

Impressed by your roleplay experience, and awesome you are still playing in real life. We played for years with friends, even started using an online live-setting (Teams) to keep going when times were rough but in the end, the lack of time and energy stopped our adventures. Are your household-table players also joining the Crossing, and/or are you going to DM them an adventure over here?
I really enjoyed watching the video, Dutch isn't it? At least that's what Google translator told me. Thank you for that welcome!

To confess, my household-table is currently only my wife and myself. She became interested in RPGs 5 years ago. And together we have explored different systems and versions of RPG's. Her early favorite was Firefly RPG. Now she has come to love superhero games the most. Guess there is something about saving the community/city/world from evil threats. :-)
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 12:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Redwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysUntold View Post
Welcome!

I wish I could relate to your gaming experience, but sadly I'm relatively new in comparison. Considering you've shared your first character's prompt demise, what was your longest running character?

The beginning is a magical place to be. The possibilities are endless and the stories all fresh. Yes, learning systems can be challenging, but it's the camaraderie in the game that brings that magic to life.

I usually am in the GM chair. But, my longest running character was Slynor Tariksland, a 1st edition D&D cavalier from my college days. Our group played every weekend and after graduating would get together at the GM's house, traveling from around the country for a game-fest. That fizzled as real life took over after many years. But the magic of that character and game lives with me forever.

May every character and game you play bring you joy and happiness.
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 12:57 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 333
THAN0S THAN0S THAN0S THAN0S
I personally like the Heroes Unlimited (Palladium) system, but also really liked the Marvel Universe RPG (MURPG) that was effort based (no dice) and XP was given out as a 'Line', like in a comic book panel. Very interesting concept for gaming and well adapted to telling a comic book like story. However, the game system is now defunct and they moved to a different dice based one.