Game Thread Adventure Four - On the Wings of Silver - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old 02-24-2020, 01:45 PM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is online now
All the world's a Stage..
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-29-2020
RPXP: 7474
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 3,007
AAAHHAHAH!!
Assault on your Carriage - 3pm - Day2of3 travel
left-aligned image

urious Fortune! Misguided timings! The moment is ripe with conviction! And now is the great time for vibrant action!! These gnolls must be frightfully EVIL, as they cheer and chide, and laugh and torment amongst each other, eyeing down your great wagon to be torn apart in crazed and gregarious jubilance! Great axes twirl about with seething thoughts of sunder and destruction. Javelin tips are being ignited into frightful flame(!), as the group looks to be planning to launch them at your wagon as part of their grievous assault. The goblin in the tower jeers and cries in wild, hysterical delight despite circumstances, fueling his bellows furnace further, and cranking out a powerful beat on his goblin war drum! Eerie it is! The rhythm, the sound is droning, exciting and riveting! There seems to be a scratchy rattle coming from the procession as well, and a violent clanking of a great anvil being struck with a powerful hammer! How is he doing this!? How is he producing these Numerous emanations all by himself!?

No need! You all take note, Gut’threek is helpful, BUT YOU ARE GETTING OUT OF HERE! No need for all of this skirmish preparation. Matthias squeals in the goblin tongue for the creature to brace himself for swift locomotion forward. Mari vigorously weaves through the confining compartments of her constructed contraption-- furiously needing to reach the throttle, the driving force, the POWER of her great rolling beast as fast as possible! Illercyes witnesses all the preparations going on… and she sighs a heavy sigh… Oh No... another bout of queasiness begins its upwelling. She never liked the bumpy, uneven movement of this great wagon from the get-go. With hand cupping her stomach she shoots her magical brick of butter up and atop the roof, slathering and booby-trapping the surface in layers of slippery mess, abating gnolls from the roof. Another hand quickly swirls and manifests her smokey servant to IMPLORE Silvermare to take action-- "BLAST SOMETHING! For Pete’s Sake Silvermare!"

Lastly, her abominable creation, the summoned horror from the dark, fleshy, rotting realms -- the one summoned atop your captive in the form of a vile gnoll -- lurches and groans and reels forward -- and CRASHES through a window in its stooping lumber -- Crying out in guttural craziness and agony, wailing like a BANSHEE! Now on the ground, it stumbles over and picks up a great rock! The witnessing gnolls cry in fright(!), and laugh in terror at the spooky newcomer! High above its head it raises a mammoth boulder… aaaannnnnd…. SMASH!-- it plows into a gnoll, knocking the victim prone and shattering its arm!

"WE MUST GO NOW TEAM!"-- Silvermare pivots with her shooting words and casts her great trench coat aside with gravitas to reveal her bandelier of vibrant vials sparkling in sight, her eyes narrow down sharp with confidence fixed on her next actions… "This won’t hold them for long, but I will do what I can!" Withdrawing a glowing serum in crystal glass, enchantingly blue it shimmers, she threads it into a receiver at the top of her mysterious pistol with such swiftness and meticulousness of a great marksman. Now peering out the window just shattered by the ravenous summoned zombie gnoll, she holds down firm on the grip of the blistering firearm as it begins to come alive wild with a ringing buzzzz of terrifying activation and of mounting crescendo!!

 


Battle Map:
 

Actions
 
OOC
 
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; 02-25-2020 at 07:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-25-2020, 06:57 PM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is online now
All the world's a Stage..
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-29-2020
RPXP: 7474
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 3,007
Assault on Wagon - 3pm - Day2of3 travel
left-aligned image


M ari, sitting in her pilot's water basin, furiously scrambles in EXTREME anxiety to THINK! THINK! THINK! THINK!! OOOMMMGGG!!!

Her eyes dart around to examine dials, levers, and gauges... ALL LOOKS NORMAL! "MARI GO GO! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!!!"-- Mari begins to sweat, maybe for the first time in her undine life. "...erm... I'm trying."-- As she frantically tries to understand the situation.

Meanwhile, the assailants encroach further. Luckily, although, some of the grappling hooks thrown up to the roof to pull the wagon over-- ARE NOT TAKING HOLD! Some are simply sliding off benignly because of the layer of magical butter slathered on the roof! The slick seems to be hampering the spread of flames, as well! One or two rope hooks are cut by Gut'threek as he savagely slices a little dagger through the air to help stave off his looming stronghold, all the while, his war drums continue to tremble, even as he deals with these other pressing objectives. His thundering music must be magically maintained! You can only assume.

AHH HAH! WOW, IT MUST BE! Mari snaps to an amazing conclusion! In the midst of the sheer torment, trying to think and examine all the things that could possibly be wrong amidst the agonizing rage from outside-- she's come to a strong Just making the DC20 with her Know Eng roll. conclusion...

--THAT POP SOUND! And that bleeding off of steam when the vehicle came to a stop just awhile ago... IT MUST BE THE MAIN AIR CAPACITOR!!! -- IT MUST HAVE RUPTURED!! -- AND THAT'S NOT AN EASY FIX! -- "HOW AM I GOING TO SEAL IT UP?! AND HOW AM I GOING TO GET TO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!?!"


"BECAUSE THE STINKING THING IS OUTSIDE AND UNDER THE WRETCHED WAGON!!"


Battle Map:
 

Actions- Gnolls 5,10,and 11 destroy summoned fester.
- Gnoll7(-11 of 45hp)
- Gnoll6(-29 of 45hp)
- Gnoll3(-29 of 45hp)
- Fester scuffle rolls here
OOC- Alright team. Time for some clever, tactful ideas and maneuvers as you are already gathering in OOC thread. Mari needs to get outside and under the front of the wagon to address the problem with some more skill rolls. Take liberties with your creativity.
- You guys decide which way the doors open.
- Flames on vehicle are just starting to take root from Javelins thrown at windows, roof and against walls etc. These gnolls look to have some experience with igniting javelins and pillaging acts. No concerning damage from flames until about the 1 minute mark.
- Ille is The character takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.Sickened currently, roll another fort DC14 or become A staggered creature may take a single move action or standard action each round (but not both, nor can he take full-round actions). A staggered creature can still take free, swift, and immediate actions. A creature with nonlethal damage exactly equal to its current hit points gains the staggered condition.Staggered for the duration, or until remedied, from intense circumstances.
- No INIT order needed at the moment. You team act first, followed by gnolls.
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; 02-25-2020 at 08:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 02-25-2020, 07:25 PM
Vaerdis's Avatar
Vaerdis Vaerdis is online now
Rules of Paradise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-29-2020
RPXP: 7115
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Posts: 8,639
Mari
right-aligned image
Sweating, though physiologically impossible for an undine, occurs. Mari, not knowing many curses, feels the urge to swear, but fails to do so. For a rupture to form in the engine means that no matter how much power she puts in to the thing, there isn't going to be enough force to move the axles. She, for the first time in her life barks orders, "Someone, give me time!"

Taking a deep breath, she concentrates on the feelings of last night, cocooning herself in aetheric energy, disappearing to all senses, but for the faint distortion of light. She then runs out the primary view port, and hops outside. Its a short jump, so she lands upon her feet where a gnoll is dumbly bashing at the wagon. It is a true wonder if they even have the intellect to make the weapons they wield, or if they just stole them. Her footfalls make no sound, and, if the gnolls aren't paying any attention, they aught not have seen the faint shimmer of her movement as she crawled under the beast of her making.

ActionsStandard: Activate You weave strands of aether, bending light and dampening sound; this works as invisibility except that the aetheric bending is easier to notice than normal invisibility, so your bonus on Stealth checks is halved (+10 while moving and +20 while perfectly still). However, the dampened sound allows you to avoid automatic detection via sound-based blindsense and blindsight, but you do not receive the bonus on Stealth checks from this wild talent against a creature with such abilities.Telekinetic Invisibility
Move: Assuming the west side of the map is where the front of the wagon is, Mari aught to pop out at 2i, and use whatever movement she has left to crawl under to see what the problems are. Stealth check:
Dice Roll:
1d20+22 (19)+22 Total = 41
(41)

 

Last edited by Vaerdis; 02-25-2020 at 07:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 02-26-2020, 12:21 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-29-2020
RPXP: 17373
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 21,163

The little thrush lands on the rushing undine engineer's shoulder. It chirps in surprise as she goes this way and that. He supplies magical Guidance to her efforts. After she shouts her next intents, Cedric quickly hops within her cloak. Hiding out with her, it continues to supply her with subtle support.

Meanwhile, the boy fencer starts at Mari's shout. With a determined frown, he calls out, "Will do! Celica, Ille, Silvermare cover the rooftop and keep them off us. I'll get the doorway." He activates his magical scarf to conjure a glow around his blade again. Stopping at the door, Matthias yanks it open with one hand. With his sword arm, he lashes out with his blade, and the blade afterimage strikes the gnoll at the door in the legs. After the brute tumbles to the floor, the prince yells out, "Hey, mangy beasts! You want inside? You have to come through me."
ActionsSwift: spend 1 panache on blue scarf - 10' reach
Move: to door & open
Standard: trip gnoll#5
Dice Trip CMB:
d20+10+2sch18 (19)+10+2 Total = 31


 


 
__________________
Happy Easter!
"The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon."
-G.K. Chesterton, Tremendous Trifles (1909), XVII: "The Red Angel"

Last edited by dbaque; 02-26-2020 at 12:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 02-26-2020, 03:06 PM
Sirviantis's Avatar
Sirviantis Sirviantis is offline
Master of Madness
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-29-2020
RPXP: 4925
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Posts: 2,757
Mister Matt, I don't feel so goodThe wagon lurching into motion was allmost as displeasurable as it grinding to a halt allmost immediately after. While Illeryces' stomach seemed quite insistent that whatever she'd just eaten was still quite alive and held some strong oppinions on being eaten. Blast that goblin to the nine hells, she didn't quite know what the alchemist had been feeding her, but to say it disagreed was an understatement. And **** Mari for ever building this damn contraption of impeding death. She's allways hated this machine, and to be forced to defend it now was a vile perversion on her personal ideals and oppinions. Still, it was either stand tall on the roof of this blasted contraption or be slaughtered by a horde of slavering Gnolls in retribution for stealing their princes. And **** Matthias for ever taking her hostage, she felt forced to add.

Despite the dire circumstances of her current situation, and the rotting feeling inside her, Illeryces stood tall. Or at least she attempted to, but she felt nauseous and didn't rise higher than a hag-like hunch. To further augment the general clumsyness that Illeryces experience, she didn't have Larvamada with her. The workings of her mind was reduced to only what one mind could compute, further limiting her abilities to act here. An attempt to reach out to her unseen servant revealed it's mind to be much, much, more less accesible and significantly more primitive. Focus Illeryces told herself. A gout of acid reached for the summit of her throat, but the young artist managed to keep her breakfast in for the moment.

Her head spun as she moved around, and lame fingers made their way for the scabbard of her sword. clumsily she slashed at the spiderweb of rope grapnels that started to form on the roof of this cursed wagon. Her sword scraped over the slickened woodwork as it impacted the ropes. Strength was in short supply in this moment, a wave of hunger struck her. And she gave in, hoping if she'd take a bite to eat it'd pass. She had some licorice in her bag of implements for magic and paints. Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't eat the licorice I keep with my paint, she thought as she ironically bit that particular stick of licorice.

It didn't help. Like a pendulum, her feelings of discomfort shifted from malnutrition to near-vomiting. As she forced her jaws closed, she caught her cheek between them. She screemed out in pain, and shifted the pained noises into an evocation: "Sukekuro!" And soon her misery metronome in her stomach started seesawing quicker and quicker. But as it did she knew it'd come to a halt sooner and sooner. Magic affected her body strangely: it now felt tired and allmost skeletal, but significantly lighter as well. She used this absent, nihilistic vigor and channelled it into another strike with her sword.


 
__________________
Illeryces & Larvamada - Failed artist & Pe(s)t - Aaron - Illiterate wannabe - Ion - Megalomania incarnate
I got a job, I love having a job (even if it's just a cassier job), especially in quarantine! So if I'm not posting, might be 'cause I don't have time management skills.

Last edited by Sirviantis; 03-02-2020 at 03:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 03-03-2020, 09:03 PM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is online now
All the world's a Stage..
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-29-2020
RPXP: 7474
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 3,007
Round 1 - Assault on Wagon - 3pm - Day2of3 travel
left-aligned image

ep! That’s it! Holy Moly! "What a terrible entanglement in this bellows air capacitor! At least it’s not torn, just all jumbled up!" Mari, down on her knees under the great behemoth of a wagon, her baby, her love child of mechanical life and brilliance(!), now being assaulted by a pack of wanton gnolls hell-bent on violent and gregarious destruction, oh baby! She ruffles her nose and bites down hard on her teeth with renewed focus and steadfast determination. This needs to be fixed now! The journey down here was easy enough, although, bending aether in-on-itself to refract light and to muffle the sound of her own footsteps was no difficulty at all, despite the heated circumstances all around. Now just accurate eyes and deft hands are needed to mend this malfunction, and hopefully, without any further… interruptions…

Illercyes atop the great wagon under siege(!), her new slicer in hand, and the other cupping her stomach in wincing bouts of pain, her face of granite stone chiseled in determination, holds tight focus on her objective of cutting these various grappling hooks as her new saber rings out true with some rope-leads, indeed, getting severed and falling back down, inert and useless to the ground. Huzzah! Combat fervor is activated as well! The swift summoner also turns up the juice for herself, and for her fending companions. Haste Spell activated for all team members.The game is on! But then, a volley of flaming javelins from the gnolls below rains in, and one connects with her!

The main door flies open!! The brazen Matthias with battle-senses furious(!), yanks open the door and cries out the most captivating battle cry imaginable, in hopes of, yes, captivating the numerous gnolls around him, and to draw their attention to his person instead of his teammates! A savage trip attempt immediately finds its mark and topples the first gnoll closest to the door. The tripped gnoll then scurries to his feet but gets lashed senselessly further by the vigilant swordsman. Another gnoll begins to charge in and bash the stalwart prince but gets easily tripped as well. Other gnolls turn to the brazen, golden boy as he chides them to dare approach on him. Bloodlust in their eyes and flaming javelins in their hands! A volley streams through the air in response, and one finds a chink in the lad’s armor!

At the same time, the fearless Finch flutters furiously after the invisible undine as she launches herself out the porthole window and down under the wagon. Unfortunately... Not unfortunately, it turns out the finch is exceptional at flying stealthily and mysteriously. He streaks through the air, completely unnoticed by any ambient gnolls, and stows himself easily in the undine's cloak, and thus disappearing altogether under her guise of aetheric invisibility. The surrounding gnolls simply take no notice at all, and continue their attention elsewhere for the moment. He seems to have been spotted in the chase. One of the gnolls reels with delight as he calls out to his comrades in his native tongue. As quick as anything, the delighted gnoll gets a hair-brained idea and begins to advance under the wagon with a flame-tipped javelin -- as he means to smoke out the finch from under the carriage…
Some of the other gnolls follow suit.



Battle Map:
 

Actions
 
OOC
 
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; 03-04-2020 at 03:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 03-08-2020, 05:34 PM
Sirviantis's Avatar
Sirviantis Sirviantis is offline
Master of Madness
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-29-2020
RPXP: 4925
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Posts: 2,757
Some rather clever spellweaving"****!" As the burning steel bit into her skin that was all the summoner could think, and she couldn't stop herself from shouting profanities. The singed flesh hurt, a lot, but it also distracted Illeryces from the nausea for a spell. She looked quickly, and she shouldn't have. A metal spiked rod through her pants and grazed her thigh. The pain of the severing played second fiddle to the burning sensation of cauterised flesh, but adrenaline sped up her mind and purchased her a few moments of clear thinking.

Her training with the sword paired well with a cape wielded in the offhand. Using it to shield and obscure herself. From the top of this wagon, Illeryces' training proved little useful. And she badly wanted a cape to obscure herself. Behind her wounded leg however Illeryces saw a discarded sheet. She knew how that got there, her unseen servant dragged it behind her. And she only needed a word to instruct it to defend her. "Sheet!" She called, and the bedlinnen hovered up to shield her. It wasn't a cape, but cover was cover and cover was vital.

As the cloth rose to shield her from sight, she stabbed her sword in the roof of the wagon, hilt pointing up. She was allready hunched over, more out of feelings of misery than actual tactics or technique. Still, it left her sword dangerously close to hand, and she had to lean forward less to pick up her bow. By the time the sheet unveiled her she was standing with the same haglike posture but she now had an arrow trained on one of the gnolls.

She didn't use the arrow though, Illeryces had different plans. Her licorice didn't quell the queasy hunger she endured. And perhaps it was time to communicate that to the world. Her left hand let go of the bowstring as her right worked the arrow to the side of the bow. The freed hand reached for the gardening equipment. Illeryces meant to throw it in a graceful arc, and on any other day she'd succeed at that, but today it ended up a mere two feet in front of her. No matter, the tool merely served to satisfy the law of sympathy and she could still invoke it's powers. "Kummundo funkii" She commanded the world, and shared her sick hunger. The earth sympathised, reality itself warped and close by the earth echoed Illeryces' hunger. Flat land formed into a hungry maw, swallowing up gnolls with ravenous, insatiable hunger.


 
__________________
Illeryces & Larvamada - Failed artist & Pe(s)t - Aaron - Illiterate wannabe - Ion - Megalomania incarnate
I got a job, I love having a job (even if it's just a cassier job), especially in quarantine! So if I'm not posting, might be 'cause I don't have time management skills.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 03-10-2020, 04:00 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-29-2020
RPXP: 17373
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 21,163

A javelin lances into his shoulder. The fencer grunts in pain through grit teeth. His buckler hand yanks the shaft free as he glares at the savages. The summoner's magic fills his limbs with familiar alacrity. Shifting back into his stance, Matthias aims his saber toward a swarm of beasts on his right. ... And then, they fall into a cavern that appeared out of nowhere. Blinking, he glances down. He shrugs, not wanting to question the good fortune.

Turning his saber to his left, Matthias flicks his blade in a flurry across the gnolls on his flank. He lashes with likewise ferocity as the felled savages try to rise. "That all you have! Who's next?"
ActionsFull-round: full attack
-trip gnoll#5
Dice Trip CMB#1:
d20+10+2+1sch18 (2)+10+2+1 Total = 15

-(haste) trip gnoll#5 - try again
Dice Trip CMB#2:
d20+10+2+1sch18 (20 (natural 20))+10+2+1   Total = 33

-attack prone gnoll#10
Dice Attack#3, damage:
d20+5+1sch13cx,18 (3)+5+1 Total = 9
d6+3ci (1)+3 Total = 4
d6rl5t 6 (Rerolls: less than 6) Running Total = 10


Swift: demoralize via Menacing Swordplay vs gnoll5
Dice Intimidate:
d20+14 (11)+14 Total = 25



 


 
OOCAny gnoll that ends adjacent to the pit has to make a reflex save +2 to avoid slipping in.
__________________
Happy Easter!
"The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon."
-G.K. Chesterton, Tremendous Trifles (1909), XVII: "The Red Angel"

Last edited by dbaque; 03-10-2020 at 04:13 PM. Reason: added AoOs & demoralize
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 03-11-2020, 05:04 PM
Vaerdis's Avatar
Vaerdis Vaerdis is online now
Rules of Paradise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-29-2020
RPXP: 7115
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Posts: 8,639
Mari
right-aligned image
All of Mari's expletives conjured forth from the situation are muffled to the point of silence beyond the film of her barrier of telekinetic force. She can see the breach, see what the problem is, but she lacks hands and the gnolls bashing the wagon like dullards isn't of any help. At this rate, the wagon will be up in smoke and splinters by the time she can force the metal chamber closed that somehow formed a massive gash in it. This is most certainly the last time she takes the advice of a goblin in constructing her designs. Once this is over, she is going to spend most of the night redrawing the schematics in a correct position, especially removing that control from the tower, and filling the engine room with all the vital parts so that exiting the vehicle for repairs is not necessary lest it be chassis damage.

ActionsStandard: Repairing failure
Move:

 
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 03-17-2020, 11:27 PM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is online now
All the world's a Stage..
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-29-2020
RPXP: 7474
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 3,007
Round 2 - Assault on Landship - 3pm - Day2of3 travel
right-aligned image
left-aligned image

ass Hysteria is at its complete height! Amazing! Sheer and utter madness! Bedlam abound! Flames ensue, Cackling and Screaming from the surrounding bipedal Hyenas disrupting the quiet open air on this once sunny afternoon. Blood thirsty and vengeful they are, hell-bent on pillaging your faithful contraption. But in the midst of it all, atop the roof a lone figure secures her footing finally and emerges into a commanding presence. Devilish, windswept she is, blonde hair flying freely like the golden mane of a mad Siren bent on carnage and magnificent destruction, Muhaha! … maybe on her period too ... and maybe on DRUGS, who knows! She raises her twitchy, sparkling hand high into the air with a face of pure vengeance and a cry of sheer terror… AAANND EARTH RUMBLE and CRACK!!

The ground opens up below and three gnolls instantly tople into it, squeal and scream in pain hitting the bottom. The surrounding gnolls reel back in total fright! The noble prince blocking the main doorway then roars out more menacing and taunting words at the same moment, followed by his signature lash from his golden and extended saber. Gnolls are tripped! Gnolls are struck! Gnolls begin to push through and storm the entrance-- UP IN THE PRINCE’S GRILL(!), he flails and deflects! He fights them off endlessly! The diversion from the Prince, the hold up at the door is enough(!), and the distracted Gnolls succumb to the edges of the beckoning pit below, lose their footing, and slide into the marvelous crater, toppling upon their friends just a moment ago, and enduring more glorious and anticipated fall damage!

Javelins continue to fly! A Barrage courses through the air towards the menacing Illercyes atop the wagon, but the witch is way too fast, and the floating bed sheet is simply too confusing for her assailants to pin-point her exact whereabouts. Down on the ground a few more javelins fly at the obscuring swordsman, but are dodged easily by his vibrant and deft maneuvering!

The remaining Gnolls won’t dare get anywhere near that gaping hole of a pit as they have just witnessed their compatriots fall to their misfortune. They stand for a moment, deciding what to do next. Finally they witness their friends, the initial three Gnolls that first succumbed to the fall of the sudden pit appearing under their feet, manage to scurry their way out, up the sides of the pit, and scamper away from the terrible hole that caused them so much trouble.

Four gnolls fixed on Illercyes around the back of the wagon then begin to mount and climb the wagon after her! Their eyes are fuming with blood-thirst, and a taste for blond elven flesh…


Mari under the wagon, with Cedric whispering delicate words of wisdom under the guise of her aetheric light refracting mechanics… Make valiant efforts in unraveling the bellows entanglement. The problem is almost fixed! Maybe a bit more fiddling!

Silvermare trades some slashes back and forth, fending off two meddlesome and flanking Gnolls. In between deflects and dodges she calls out to Mari, "You got this, Mari! Slow down and focus!"



Battle Map:
 

Actions
 
OOC
 
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; 04-04-2020 at 08:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 03-18-2020, 02:34 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-29-2020
RPXP: 17373
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 21,163

The fencer ducks beneath the swarm of javelins. Standing up unscathed, the swordsman swings his speedy saber. The furious flurry floors the ferocious fiends. His sharp reflexes send his saber's afterimage all over the battlefield.

Bouncing on his feet, the boy breathes hard over his spell-boosted pace. Some of his swings are getting sloppy. So far, he is keeping them back, but he is not sure how long this will last.
ActionsRolls & AoOs

Full-round: full attack
-trip gnoll#7 - success
-(haste) trip gnoll#11 - success
-attack prone gnoll#7 - miss

Swift: demoralize via Menacing Swordplay vs gnoll7
-intimidate 17

 
__________________
Happy Easter!
"The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon."
-G.K. Chesterton, Tremendous Trifles (1909), XVII: "The Red Angel"
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 03-20-2020, 06:14 PM
Sirviantis's Avatar
Sirviantis Sirviantis is offline
Master of Madness
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-29-2020
RPXP: 4925
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Posts: 2,757
Twang!For a moment Illeryces allmost felt better, as if she'd superimposed her own stomachache onto the world around her. The feeling didn't last long though. Dispair struck the dreadcaller as she heard the cackling behind her. She looked and limped away from the edge as she saw the sinewy hands raise above the roof of the wagon. Her ring and index finger pivoted an arrow into shooting position, and her left hanf manouvred the bowstring into the slit at the shaft's end. Illeryces strummed the bowstring like an overenthousiastic harpist, and sent a first shaft flying towards the first gnolls' hand. Aim to maim she instructed herself, it was what Matthias would want.

After a first arrow shot at the gnoll, Illeryces' stomach wound up once more. It felt like her large intestine developped ouroboros-like tendencies as heat surged to the surface from her - now overfilled - belly. Acid reflux raced to her throat, but Illeryces swallowed the sour taste back. Her skin flushed the heat: Sweat erupted from her skin, and she felt it running cold down her sides. It's worked before, she reasoned, and once more she gave into her bodily needs, lending magic to share it with the world. "Lubis Supren!" She cried out as she once more superimposed her own feelings of nausea onto the world. This time, a surreal display as the woodwork on the wagon started to sweat, or maybe bleed, oil-like resin from the gaps between the the planks. Slickening the surface with a layer of grease.

Despite the magic expelling her discomfort and weaponising it towards the enemy Illeryces still didn't feel right. But she pushed through. Her quiver was fastened to her leg and arrows were easy to acces. Her hands found them quickly and moved them to her bowstring once more before loosing another shaft towards the ascending gnolls as the sheet danced around, covering her.


 
__________________
Illeryces & Larvamada - Failed artist & Pe(s)t - Aaron - Illiterate wannabe - Ion - Megalomania incarnate
I got a job, I love having a job (even if it's just a cassier job), especially in quarantine! So if I'm not posting, might be 'cause I don't have time management skills.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 03-21-2020, 02:17 AM
Vaerdis's Avatar
Vaerdis Vaerdis is online now
Rules of Paradise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-29-2020
RPXP: 7115
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Posts: 8,639
Mari&Celica
right-aligned image
Gritting her teeth, the tomboyish engineer of an undine gets to work with both her hands and aether to fix the issue at hand. The heat building up is close to burning down the frame of the wagon, and her friends are desperately trying to maintain the fight to keep the wagon secure. Then, a moment of clarity occurs despite all the sweat, pressure and combat, and she performs the last minute repairs. She almost wants to shout, though it would only be to Cedric, and her own benefit.

Finishing the repair, Mari crawls out from under the carriage, and attempts to get back on deck so the team can get moving.


left-aligned image
Celica, the sensible, strong-hearted mage was cursing under her breath. These feral rubes decided to hit the wagon with their spears like it was a great beast to be slain, when obviously there are very-softskinned people aboard that cannot easily deflect blows if they just hopped on board. Especially that goblin, aside from squawking he wasn't doing much up there.

Collecting herself with a heavy sigh, Celica prepares her magic, and directs a charming cloud toward one of the rubes held at bay by Silvermare, hopefully keeping the gnolls off the back of Mari, that disappered who-knows-where. She waves her fingers and chants, in arcane tongue, "Friend, go away, go away, don't come back, any day!"

Actions
MariStandard: Repair Success
Move: Try to get back inside the wagon.

CelicaStandard: Charm person on gnoll 14


 
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 04-02-2020, 12:25 AM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is online now
All the world's a Stage..
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-29-2020
RPXP: 7474
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 3,007
Fight Finale - 3pm - Day2of3 travel
"Great Scott -- I GOT IT!!"

Mari slides her weaving fingers out from under the beast of an aether bellows, locks it finally in place… and Bellows out for all to hear-- "HA HAH! I gotz it team!! LET’S MOVE!!"

--THEN--

GAHH!!-- a mighty stream for vibrant fire ROARS out from atop the look-out tower!! The goblin raging bellows, blast furnace, fire contraption-- shoots down a devastating line of terrible flame DOWN INTO THE PIT OF GNOLLS!! GAHHHH!!!

Gnolls are burnt alive! Gnolls are singed beyond comprehension!! Gnolls cook in their own evil juices!!!-- And the goblin at the top of his tower can only cheer and chide with the wildest of goblin jubilance! " Cash’kar! Cash’kar! WHOOOOOO’ZAR!"

Mari, with Cedric stowed underneath, zips past Silvermare as she clashes with two gnolls, pats her on the back with an appreciative, invisible hand, and scurries back into the cabin and jumps into the pilot's basin! *SPLASH!*

Matthias LASHES one last round with incredible, extended, serpentine-arm, saber SLASHES-- that spike and trip and befuddle TWO absolutely bewildered gnolls. As the second one falls, the Prince goes in for a follow-up lash but pulls a muscle in his shoulder and winces in pain!!!! "GAHHH!!!"-- he ROARS out at the missed gnoll while cupping his tender shoulder!! The gnoll in response cries out like a whimpering baby being crushed verbally by a tyrannical parent in a fit of rage!!

GAHHH!!!!!-- the queasy and swaying Illercyes stares down the arrow shaft of her nocked and loaded projectile! The Beast of a vicious gnoll is about to crest the roof and assail her beyond belief… probably… well, he’s hoping! *PLINK!*-- the first arrow PLINKS him directly in the head, and a glorious wafting of spectacular, cascading, warm, buttery, GOO(!)-- comes spilling out! It coats the gnoll in slippery goodness and all down the side of the wagon in a ten foot spread. AGAIN ILLE!-- but the second arrow shot misses. No matter. The point-blank gnoll scrounges to regain his hold on the cart, but the smelly slipperiness greases his wee fingers, and he comically, slides right off the side!

**VROOOM!!!**

Uh-oh! Mari is back in the driver’s seat(basin), and the whole ship-on-wheels ROARS to life with crazy, renewed vigor! Gnolls stop suddenly and arc their heads around like spooked dogs amidst something strange. The BBQ pit below still rages high with savory smells of seared gnolls. Wild chanting of crazed goblin connoisseurs, rings out in all directions! The sun shines down bright! Birds take no flight! Nature is terrified and silent, beholding all that is going on. The scene is completely unbelievable! ~*


From nestled atop Mari’s shoulder, Little Cedric whispers out, "Step on it, Ms. Mari…" *SCREEEEACH!!*

The spoked wagon wheels SPIN FURIOUSLY!! DUST EVERYWHERE! "erm… HOLD ON EVERYONE!!! SILVERMARE GET IN!!"

The landship immediately rumbles forward! Silvermare leaps up just in time and SMACKS against the front side-- holding on for DEAR LIFE! A charmed gnoll slowly saunters away under a delightful spell by the witchy Celica. He evades a collision with the roaring rig just in the nick of time! Gnolls that were climbing the side-- JUMP to their safety, not wanting anything to do with the raging behemoth any longer. And Illercyes! Holy Hell! She’s on the roof, and it’s slicked with a layer of her own grease! Oh-Geez! SHE MAY FALL!! ... But fortunately for (because we are all very tired and depleted-- and Ille is just that damn bad-ass)her… she manages to plop down into a shaft, leading back into the cabin, just in the perfect timing. PHEW!!

Small flames flicker from the roof, rickety creaks from damages to the structure, rumble and groan throughout, but all is well, all is holding together easily--- as your marvelous vehicle makes its final and dramatic exit, in an immense "FU" cloud of chocking and obscuring, hot summer day, thick and caking road dust. ~*





OOC- Let’s have some triumphant and parting words, team.
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; 04-02-2020 at 05:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 04-05-2020, 01:01 AM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-29-2020
RPXP: 17373
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 21,163

The shouts and blast of flame are the only warning Matthias receives the wagon begins to rumble to life. He scarcely pays his previous foes mind before hopping back inside. He slams the door shut and braces himself.

Despite his preparation, the sudden lurch of the wagon nearly sends the fencer off his feet. It is enough, though, to knock him about against the walls like a rubber ball. A bit of battering later, the prince regains his senses as their vehicle eases into a steady speed. A certain little thrush is chirping in congratulations to their engineer. Shaking his head, Matthias stumbles up the staircase. "Hey, everyone all right & accounted for? No stowaways?"
ActionsFull-round: Hang on for dear life
Free: talk

 
__________________
Happy Easter!
"The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon."
-G.K. Chesterton, Tremendous Trifles (1909), XVII: "The Red Angel"

Last edited by dbaque; 04-05-2020 at 01:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:16 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB