Notices

Old 05-31-2020, 03:52 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 228
PsychicNomad PsychicNomad PsychicNomad
Ad Closed with double the maximum number of players applied

Those already in the table in the first post can finish their apps by 5 June when I'll choose four for the game.

Last edited by PsychicNomad; 05-31-2020 at 04:06 AM.
Old 05-31-2020, 04:00 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@briar
Archivist sounds fun, and if it's not an AI but the awakened spirit of the object, it fits the game style very well. Information Overload (that needs to be seriously renamed) won't be a problem, especially since the class needs to burn spell slots to make it high.

@FayeFlight
Ooooh, a kitsune
Old 05-31-2020, 06:21 AM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1356
briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar
Ahaha, yes, I agree, the name is silly, but this isn't an anime so I won't be calling out the names of my attacks and abilities. Maybe, like, Supernatural Assault since hers will be a spirit embodiment. Anyway, I think I'm locking myself into Fighter (Eldritch Knight) / Artificer (Archivist), then. I tried a build with the Rune Knight but it didn't work as well as I was hoping, so this works for me

My weekend starts today, so I'll have the character concept and sheet finished either today or tomorrow!

Edit: Finished! Tynaiv is complete and ready for any review that needs to be done. Let me know if there's anything else I need~

Last edited by briar; 05-31-2020 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:55 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 447
FayeFlight FayeFlight FayeFlight FayeFlight FayeFlight
Himawari's form should be done! Finished out her backstory, did all the spell-checking to hopefully catch any errors and did my best to condense as well as I could while still making sure things made sense. If there's anything that needs to be edited do let me now.

@PsychicNomad
Yeah, I thought a kitsune would be fun to play around with in the setting, and I figured it could make an interesting character to write, not to mention build.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:04 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2732
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
DM, redid the task karma, so the app is now completely done.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:58 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@briar
Ochiramu is the Mad Warden, isn't he? The name is only mentioned once near the end of the story.
Otherwise, all seems ok with her.

@FayeFlight
Not really anything to repair, and the Kitsune mechanics with shifter and druid are a very good combination. Cool character.

@Seekr
Perfect, that's what I mean by the two types of karma.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:23 AM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1356
briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar
@Psychic Nomad

Yup, that is correct. I don't know how much of a gap in time there is between her generation and Ochiramu's, nor how direct their bloodline is. Figured I'd leave that up to you if you decided it became useful.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:57 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 527
cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina
Everyone has wonderful characters. I seriously have been playing around with different groupings of classes...and I have come up with several really fun parties. But, actually, if it were up to me I wouldn't be able to decide. I like all.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:20 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Don't make it even harder for me, please
Old 06-01-2020, 12:41 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@All of you

If you feel like, get together in the pre-game IC thread and introduce each other.

Also, feel free to invent entertainments and spectacles as you walk the streets.

IMPORTANT: this is optional, I'm not going to base my choice of characters on who participates in this.

Last edited by PsychicNomad; 06-01-2020 at 12:41 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:22 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 447
FayeFlight FayeFlight FayeFlight FayeFlight FayeFlight
@Psychic Nomad
Got it, just wanted to make sure nothing was excessively out of place or incorrect. Glad to hear it's good to go.

I'm with cappucina on this one, everyone's characters are really interesting and I can see this being a fun campaign no matter who ends up getting picked. Though I don't envy having to make the decision on who makes the final cut.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:31 PM
Ein Úlfur

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6326
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
Application complete!

Would like to hear some feedback, and read some of the other apps in earnest!
Old 06-01-2020, 09:47 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 527
cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina
Hurry over to the festival. C'mon!
Old 06-01-2020, 11:26 PM
Deus Ex Machina

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 480
Mechaniacal Mechaniacal Mechaniacal Mechaniacal Mechaniacal
The Wanderer
left-aligned image
Name: Na No (Lit. No Name) - The Wanderer
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Race: Human
Class: Barbarian (1) Fighter - Ghost Warrior (4)

The Story So Far:
The Wanderer was born a slave in Shenmen. Her mother before her was a slave, and likely her grandmother before that. Like most slaves, she was taken from her mother shortly after birth and raised by her masters, doing light labor as a child such as performing chores and greeting the guests of her betters. She was never given a proper name. Most slaves like herself didn't have one unless they were particularly favored by the masters, and it was early on in her life that she proved to be a little rebel, never quite gaining the sort of favor one might need to earn any sort of status among slaves.

The Wanderer had few friends growing up. She certainly spent time with the other children, most of them older, but had no time to play like most children might have. She was occasionally selected as a playmate for the master's children, but usually to be used as a glorified toy rather than anything approaching a real friend. She made no lasting relationships with her family or masters growing up; at least, nothing that she wouldn't have been willing to part with if offered an alternative.

While most of The Wanderer's early childhood was relatively simple and almost pleasant, her early teenage years were anything but. No longer seen as a child, she was expected to perform harsher tasks, and the punishment for doing them poorly was significantly more painful. As if the increased expectations weren't bad enough, she also became a target for some of the older boys, both slave and free person alike. It was mostly harmless teasing, though one of the boys was less gentle, and seemed to have a particularly adamant interest in The Wanderer.

As a slave, The Wanderer wasn't technically supposed to deny the masters anything, let alone their children, but she made up excuses to maintain her distance from the sort of trouble that the persistent young man represented, often making a hasty retreat whenever he came too close. One day, however, that boy made a plan. The plan made certain that he would be able to spend a great deal of time with The Wanderer without anyone else to interfere. When he finally had her where he wanted her, he made his move -- only for The Wanderer to respond violently, bashing the young man over the head with whatever was at hand. She wasn't entirely certain if she had killed the boy, but she knew for certain that if she was found anywhere near his body, whether he was dead or merely unconscious, she wouldn't be long for the world.

Out of desperation, The Wanderer made an attempt to flee. The fact that the boy had made sure they would be alone meant that there were very few guards, and thanks to that fact alone, The Wanderer managed to escape into the persistent mists surrounding the only place she'd called home for fourteen years. She was free, at least for now -- but now she had nowhere to go, and no one to rely on.

The Wanderer traveled through the mists south of the Spectrewood for what seemed like weeks, sleeping in caves, or in the branches of trees when she could find them. Food was scarce, but she managed to find enough to get by. Of course, she wasn't the only one that traveled in the fog lands. There were always said to be monsters out here, and after an unknown amount of time, she was inevitably found by a pack of them.

Fleeing had done her good the last time she'd been in trouble, but this time with multiple beasts that were far more used to the poor visibility than she was, there was no real place to run to. Luckily, she didn't have to -- After managing to climb just out of reach of the beasts, she was rescued by an older woman wielding quite possibly the largest sword she had ever seen. The woman fought off the monsters, and after talking with The Wanderer for a short time, eventually offered to bring her along to the nearest city to get herself cleaned up.

That was the major turning point in The Wanderer's life. She began traveling with the older woman, eventually convincing her to teach her to use a sword. After three years of training, the woman finally told The Wanderer that to learn more, she would have to go out into the world and use the skills she had learned so far. She wouldn't be able to learn any more by sparring with her teacher, she would have to fight her own battles and learn by doing.

After being dismissed by her teacher, The Wanderer began traveling in Shokuro, moving from village to village. Penniless, with only her swords to her name, she took to doing odd jobs in the towns she visited in order to get by, which soon led to her hunting down marauders with a small group of travelers similarly down on their luck. After spending some time with those other travelers, The Wanderer eventually caught the eye of a local warlord, who sent word that he wished to recruit her as a bodyguard.

The Wanderer certainly considered turning down the offer. How was she to learn if she was keeping a stuffy old man safe instead of doing the very thing her nickname implied? Still though, even with her minimalistic lifestyle, The Wanderer needed money, and so she accepted the job, presenting herself to the warlord's manor. It was there that The Wanderer was assigned as part of a group of warriors who, while they bore the title of bodyguard, were actually more of a private militia, expected to carry out the orders of the warlord.

It soon became apparent that the warlord himself was a terrible person, using the warriors in his employ to rob the civilians in the towns, adding the money and resources taken from them to his own coffers. The fact that The Wanderer was even sort of involved in that didn't sit well with her...

Soon enough, The Wanderer was sent to collect tribute from one of the local villages that the warlord ruled over. Shortly after their arrival, The Wanderer turned on the other warriors she was sent with. The fighting wasn't easy, but after a drawn out conflict, The Wanderer defeated the last of her companions, left them to the villagers to deal with, before fleeing to the territory of a rival warlord.

The Wanderer continued traveling, growing her own legend among the villages and becoming something of a hero of the people over time, until the day that Shokuro Toriaka arrived and united the nation under a single banner. The man spoke eloquently enough, and seemed to have good intentions, as far as The Wanderer could tell, but appearances could have always been deceiving. Still, with his goals generally aligning with her own, she eventually signed on to be one of his magistrates.

Personality (include what the PC loves and hates the most about themselves)

NPCs
Yuno Shiryou - The Wanderer's mentor, and something of a mother figure for Na No. (at least one friendly, at least one antagonistic to the PC)

Decide on Life Karma and starting Task Karma

W.I.P. -- Will try to finish this up tomorrow after work.

Last edited by Mechaniacal; 06-01-2020 at 11:29 PM.
Old 06-05-2020, 03:25 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 384
Delafontaine Delafontaine Delafontaine Delafontaine
Deadline is looming, good luck everyone!