DnD5e Planescape: Tales from the Outlands - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 05-27-2020, 11:35 AM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56723
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
@sageheart: what posting rate will convince you to apply? typically I try to post once per game per week. Sometimes I succeed and do better, sometimes I do worse. I also negotiate with players on that too depending on juicy scenes or just not a lot of fervor to post.

@Mairien: I don't mind you being wrong, just this once.

@Elanir: Per the Notes section, Krynn is entirely allowed. Kender we can run as a subrace of Halfling or merely a refluff of them; not as a separate race. I'm not terribly fluent in Dragonlance canon but I set it in the War of the Lance. That is negotiable. Time in planeswalking is different anyway.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:15 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6632
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
-I realize we are to only apply with a single character but I had a few Ideas and wanted to see which you and the other players would find more interesting before I make an application with the one chosen. I would appreciate anyone's opinion.

Possible Charaters
right-aligned image
#1 - A Vedalken Doctor who, although more then happy to cooperate with others is ultimately interested in proving his intellectual superiority and wishes to 'improve' existing races through experimentation; with or without his 'patient's' permission. His friendly, sometimes cheerful demeanor can be disconcerting, especially when it appears to persist even when dealing with otherwise disturbing occurances. He hopes to not only study the variety of interesting samp.. people out among the planes but possibly also learn from those who, like him, attempt to improve natural design; like the Kytons.
Class: Wizard (Transmutation)

left-aligned image
#2 - A Goblin Merchant looking to be a master of his craft, trading not only 'shinnies' but souls, magic, and memories; anything worth something to someone else. A Charismatic manipulator who always has a deal to help you find just what you wanted.. but possibly not what you needed.
Class: Warlock (Great Old One)

right-aligned image
#3 - A tiefling trillseeker and daredevil looking not only for her next adrenaline high but also to improve her driving skills. A woman obsessed with Infernal War Machines (Like those used during the Decent into Avernus adventure) who wishes to create an organized battle race involving them and possibly other fast vehicles. If possible it would be nice if she could either find or start with a 'Devil's Ride' which is like a Demonic Motorcycle from the Adventure path mentioned before; along with a few Soul Coins for Fuel.
Class: Bard (Collage of Swords)
[/FIELDSET]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Small Goblin Merchant.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	84878   Click image for larger version

Name:	Demon Driver.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	84879  

Last edited by taleteller50; 05-28-2020 at 02:21 AM.
Old 05-27-2020, 04:02 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7255
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
@sageheart: what posting rate will convince you to apply? typically I try to post once per game per week. Sometimes I succeed and do better, sometimes I do worse. I also negotiate with players on that too depending on juicy scenes or just not a lot of fervor to post.

@Mairien: I don't mind you being wrong, just this once.
As long as it isn't many times a week I am good to go. Depending on life I tend to post 1-3 times a week per a game. I run one game, and I am a player in two (a third with Kapera is on hold till after the shut down). As long as once a week will not hold the game back then I am solid!

I got a few ideas roaming around in my head. How do you feel about joint or connected apps? Mairien and I have played together in a few games before, including a very long game I currently DM. Her and I have started to think about creating characters with some sort of connected backstory. Would you be opposed to such an idea?
Old 05-27-2020, 04:23 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
@sageheart and Mairien: I am cautiously for joint ads. I've been burned in the past but I knew I would be. You two's reputation precedes you so I'm less worried.
Old 05-27-2020, 04:33 PM
Chocolate Chips

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5424
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix

right-aligned image
Name: Female half-Ork RangerVenicka
Planar Origin: Prime - Toril
Concept: A lost lamb who, last she knew, had been fighting for the wrong side, in a war she did not wish to be a part of.
What Does it Mean?: For Venicka, life is survival. Doing whatever it takes, to live to see the next day. There is nothing more to it than that. Life, and then death. Everything in between was lies.

Description: Venicka is a half-Ork with dark green skin, and 2 small tusks that grow upward from her mouth. Her head is mostly shaved, except for a mohawk down the center that is as black as squid ink. Her most striking physical characteristic, are her eyes, which are the color of blue sapphires. She has numerous tattoos that cover her body, most of them covering the multitude of scars she has earned over her lifetime.

For the last half of her life, she has been unable to be her true self, as her "allies" would likely kill her for not being as fanatical as they are. But if she were to let them in, they would find a kind caring young woman who would prefer not to kill anyone ever again. She would rather be a farmer, than a warrior. She wants nothing more than to raise animals and grow crops. To live a simple life, with someone who loves and cares for her, like her father once did.

2 Allies and 1 Enemy: It is hard to have allies, when you are the outsider among villains. But there were two that Venicka would like to believe could have been friends, under other circumstances.

Allies
1 - Marluck the Grim - Male half-Ork Ranger - All Venicka knew of Marluck was that he had once been a slave to the Cult of Tiamat. He had somehow risen up through the ranks, proving himself worthy of being a Dragonclaw. During their mission to enter the keep, she found they worked well together, and began to feel a kinship toward him.
2 - Gregori Kelvorikav - Male Dwarven Artificer - Venicka didn't learn much about Gregori, but during the short time before he disappeared, she began to feel that she could trust him. He protected and spoke in defense of her, after the others of her team had questioned her loyalty. His disappearance created a new vacuum in her life.

Unsure
1 - Callen Langar - Male Human Bard? Rogue? - Callen, if the really is his name, was the first man, that Venicka had fallen in love with. And while a part of her still feels the sting of his betrayal, leaving her with the Cult; there is another part that still loves him deeply. If she were to face him now, she isn't sure what she'd do when she ran to him. Would she, as she had in the past, shower him with kisses. Or would she take the opportunity to knock him senseless. Maybe a little of both.

Enemy
1 - Agnes Wildes - Female Human Warlock - There were many within their cohort that Venicka could count as an enemy. But none more so that the old hag. Venicka was fearful most of Agnes, feeling as if the old witch could see through her, to her very soul. And the way she took pleasure in torturing her victims... Venicka was sure that old Agnes was manipulating her, attempting to twist Venicka to be as evil as she.

Custom Prompts
Arrival on the Planes: Venicka isn't sure how she arrived in Sigil. One moment she was hiding behind a tree, readying an attack on incoming soldiers of the enemy. The next she was in this foreign world, unsure of what to do with her newfound freedom. After a moment, she decided the best thing to do would be look for a tavern and get cleaned up. She has learned in the past that most people don't talk to strangers who smell of death and sweat.

Deep Dark Secret:

Past is Prologue: Venessa was raised by her human father, Nicklus Ondler, and her orkish mother, Voleega, on a farm outskirts of Secomber. Her mother had been bought many years before, and had been beaten into a submissive life, cooking, cleaning, working the fields, and keeping Nicklus' bed warm on cold winter nights. Which is how Venessa came into the world.

The child, his child, softened Nicklus... somewhat. He never abused Venessa, instead he taught her through love and affection how to work on the farm, how to hunt, and how to take care of the animals. He even began to treat her mother better, and to Venessa's eyes, they loved each other. She never knew the brutality for which her mother had lived before her birth. Voleega died just as Venessa was About 16 years oldbeginning to reach womanhood. She was found in the field by her daughter. She had tripped and fallen as she had been walking toward the plow, her head split open upon the blade. Venessa cried for over a month.

Over the next 5 years, to be precise. Making her 21.many years, Venessa spent more time in the forest, hunting and learning how to survive in the wild. She would bring home her kills, and cook them for her proud father. It was while she was hunting in the High Forest that she met a young warrior by the name of Callen Langar. Unlike the boys in the nearby village, whom Venessa had been warned by both parents would treat her with cruelty, Callen treated her with kindness. They sat and talked, mostly him. He would tell her of places he had been, wondrous things he had seen, victorious battles he had fought in.

One night, as the pair laid under the stars, Callen regaling Venessa with a tale of Storm Silverhand of Shadowdale, he rolled over and went silent. Venessa, wondering why he'd stop talking, looked to him, and soon found his hand softly caressing her face. Cradling her head in his hand, he leaned over and kissed her. They made love that night. It was better than Venessa had ever believed it could be. In the morning, Callen left her, telling her that he needed to report back to his captain, but that he would be back within a week. The beginning of the week went by quickly, as Venessa floated during her chores on the farm. One week turned into two, then three. And the longer he was away, the more Venessa longed for his touch. Until one day he returned.

Venessa ran to him, knocking him down and kissing him roughly. Wanting him with every ounce of her being. When they finally calmed from the storm of kisses, Callen held her head to his chest. He had learned bad things while he was away. He met a man who had known Nicklus Ondler, from before he was a simple farmer. When Nicklus fought in defense of the Western Heartlands against Ork raiders, they called him Nicholaus Urukvras, Ork Killer. He also told her he had proof, a witness, that her mother had been murdered those many years before. Of course, Venessa didn't want to believe it, and shoved Callen away. With tears streaming down her face, she ran back inside. When her father asked her what was wrong, and tried to comfort her, she told him what she had heard. She didn't know what she expected to see, but what she saw wasn't what she wanted. His face told her that he'd been caught, his sputtering told her she was about to be lied to.

Venessa fled the house that she had grown up in, all she could see was his lying eyes as he tried to explain. But she could not, would not hear it. Callen was there, she doesn't remember when, but he was there now and he cradled her in his arms, telling her that they needed to leave, to run away. He would take her to his captain, there she could forever leave her past behind. She could make her life anew, and serve a greater cause. She changed her name from the human-sounding name of Venessa to the more orkish Venicka.

Optional:
Powers: Even now, with freedom found in a new world, she can feel the pull of Tiamat. And stranger still, to her, is that the pull feels so much stronger here. The feeling is sickening, not to mention frightening. Venicka wishes nothing more than to be free of her old mistress. But she knows not who to trust. She has been lied to all her life. How can she possibly trust herself to follow the right path.

It is with this view that Venicka sees all so-called gods, with fear. Gods are powerful beings who play with their pawns, and discard them on a whim.

A Day in the Life: When she first arrived, she had not known what exactly they were training for, nor did she care. She only wanted to immerse herself into something and forget. Forget what Callen had told her about her father. Forget the thoughts of what her mother must have gone through, before and possibly after Venessa was born. She didn't care, she put all her effort into being a good soldier, learning the use of new weapons, and furthering her training with her bow, the only part of her past life she refused to give up.

Her life consisted of nothing more than training for long hours, earning more than her fair share of scars at the beginning. She would get a single meal of cold stew, sometimes with a treat of meat, before retiring back to her sleeping pad where she'd fall fast asleep, only to start again the drudgery of the next day. Whenever she had a moment to do so, Venicka would ask around for Callen. But those she asked either didn't know him, or they'd tell her he was away, finding more recruits. It took too long for her to finally stop dreaming of the man who had lured her away from the farm. It had become increasingly clear that he never truly loved her. She longed to return home, but she knew that she could never do so. She was trapped.

It took her almost Making her 23.two years of hard work, but finally Venicka was given the chance to prove herself worthy in the eyes of Tiamat. She had to frame a shopkeeper of withholding payments, and therefore taxes. It would have been a simple task, for a thief. Or a spy. Venicka was neither of those. And yet, with Tiamat's blessings, Venicka succeeded in having the man arrested, and his store shut down while they investigated the matter further.

Within a month of her return, Venicka was inducted into the ranks of the venerated Dragonclaws. With this upward movement, Venicka felt joy at the respect she garnered from lesser cultists. She was fed better food, freshly cooked and still hot. But this newfound respect and proper food did not last long, as the next day she and five of her fellow Dragonclaws, were sent out on a mission. They were to infiltrate fortress protecting the town of Greenest, and help bring the armies down from the inside. From there, the Cult of the Dragon would lay waste to the rest of the Sword Coast, with the ultimate goal of releasing Tiamat from the Nine Hells, and watch as she has her vengeance upon all of Toril.

Blood on Her Hands: Venicka remembers well how they broke Greenest. After silencing... no, slaughtering a rival scouting party, the plan was made for how best to get inside the fortress, and bring down the gate that would bring the fall of Greenest, and begin the scouring of the land. The aforementioned Gregori and Agnes were joined by the beautiful Half-Elf noble, and rogue, Lady Alyssandra. The three ran from the treeline where they were hidden, and and merged with another group of peasants who were fleeing the carnage sown by the main body of the Cult's army.

Giving them time to get well enough ahead, Venicka, Marluck, and the last of their number, Szador, gave chase. Venicka took this opportunity to release some of her anger and intentionally sent an arrow into the old hag's thigh. This earned her a mailed backhand from Szadorthe aristocratic fighter, after they retreated from the battlefield. But the deception was sold, and their team was accepted as one with the refugees within.

Soon after, the party relayed their success to Cyanwrath, the Dragonborn leading the army. The army gathered around the fortress, a show of force that those within should fear, but likely felt secure instead. Silently, the remaining three dragonclaws climbed the outside of the fortress, kobolds hanging off their backs, so as to assist in attacking the archers from above. Everything seemed to happen at once. Marluck and Venicka followed the line of archers on the left curve of the upper walkway, and Szador and the kobolds went right. At about the same time, one of their number from within threw open the fortress gates, and the Cult of the Dragon flooded in.

The battle did not last long. And while Venicka regrets her part in the slaughter of so many, this is not what keeps Venicka awake most nights. No, it was from something that was done earlier in the day, when they had come across the enemy scouts. Venicka had put the final arrow into an old man, killing him quickly, as the others dispatched most of the rest. Soon though, it was the six of them, staring at one young redheaded lass, younger than even Venicka herself. Venicka yelled at the girl, encouraging her to flee. She lied to the others, telling them she did it to sow fear into the defender's hearts. In truth, she just couldn't bear to watch something so pure, so beautiful die.

And yet, the others did not see things the same as Venicka. They never would, of course. Marluck was swift, and easily caught the girl up and dragged her back. Agnes, who seemed to take pleasure in tormenting her, offered Venicka her own dagger as she explained what she would do to the youngling if Venicka did not her self kill the girl. Using her own dagger, Venicka slit the girl's throat, and watched helplessly as cold death came over her eyes. Eyes that will forever haunt Venicka's nightmares.

Last edited by In the Mix; 06-17-2020 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-27-2020, 04:36 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Sorry to bug you Sassafrass but the sooner I get an idea is which of the three characters you might prefer the sooner I can work on the full application for them. So which do you like; the Doctor, the Dealer, or the Driver?

Last edited by taleteller50; 05-27-2020 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:04 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7255
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
Quote:
@sageheart and Mairien: I am cautiously for joint ads. I've been burned in the past but I knew I would be. You two's reputation precedes you so I'm less worried.
We have a reputation! Of slaying Dragons and saving innocents I hope!

Awesome, we are in discussion about it. It may end up being a very loose connection, so that way you could pick one of us if the other doesn't fit fully. I hadn't heard of people getting burned before from joint ads. I am sorry you had that experience! We will do our best to (not) to surprise you in such a way!

EDIT: If we do joint our apps, I would assume our 2 Allies, 1 Enemy would be separate for each character.

Last edited by sageheart; 05-27-2020 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:59 PM
for the love of kittehs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 43615
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
In which we discuss the curious creature called Taika...

In which we discuss the curious creature called Taika...
APPLICATION COMPLETE*
*except for questions posted privately
right-aligned image

Taika, by any other name...

Names/Aliases: Taika (TAH-ee-kah) Aeshferth
Dushana (doo-SHAH-na) Damodar
Euthymia (yooth-EE-me-uh)/Thea
Jin (ZHEEN)
Manoja (muh-NO-zhah)
Ruq'yyah (roo-KIH-yuh)/Ruke

**Aliases Not IC Knowledge!**(Not even positive other PCs will meet Taika first.)

Planar Origin: Taika is from Eberron, and has arrived in Sigil by way of the Ethereal, the Feywild, Arborea, and Ysgard.

Concept: A changeling rogue/assassin with a penchant for magical secrets and knowledge, almost more than 'shinies'. Usually takes human form out of habit.

What does it mean?
Privately? A talented sorceress had a magical accident. Me. So, uh, if life has meaning, I haven’t found it yet. I’m still stuck on both why and how. So far nothing, and I’ve been searching for... I stopped counting awhile back, but I’d say two and a half centuries, at least? Something like that.

Publicly? Who says it has to mean anything, clueless? It’d be nice, sure, but I don’t expect life to offer up puppies and rainbows just because it might be nice. I’d expect pure chaos to rain puppies before reality would.

Description: Good grief. Which one? It's worth noting that these are almost moods and situations more than just new faces. These are all aspects of Taika, she simply can put new faces to each to go with the sides of her personality.

• Taika - middle-aged (late 40s) black haired TN mercenary, thoughtful, sharp, sarcastic
  • Dushana - early 20s blonde human woman, pleasant enough NG traveler, lots of questions, very little about herself
  • Euthymia/Thea - middle-aged (mid 60s?) curly-haired brunette half-elf NG scholar, gentle, polite, gets fixated on a magical quandary easily
  • Jin - early 20s human geisha-inspired TN Sigil native, more/less morality depending, sweet but can be vicious
  • Manoja - cute mid 20s NG human Prime trying to “document Sigil”, bubbly, eager, wide-eyed/childlike enjoyment
  • Ruq'yyah/Ruke - late 20s/early 30s dark-skinned frizzy-haired human TN arcane trickster, pranks have their place, wants to make a name for herself, prefers stealing from the rich

You Win Some, You Lose Some

Last edited by Aethera; 06-16-2020 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:13 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
@taleteller: apologies, for some reason I thought you were asking more your fellow players than me. Of the three the latter two scream Planescape specifically, with the latter even being a specific set of factions I could get it down to. The Goblin is versatile, I'd just need to figure out the Far Realms more with that. The first one is a good planeswalker, though, which all good Planescape characters should be. Take these comments as you will.

@sageheart: it's no worries. I knew one of them was an ol choice while the other was a God-awful choice, and the latter sucked the joy out of the game for me. Eventually they both became a burden because the decent player stopped posting because of her annoyance with the other player, so it was a double whammy. One of the risk of going with new players, and it was one of the first times I've been burned on that. With you two I have no worries.

The 2 Allies and 1 Enemy thing could be neat either way. Connected, they could be two different perspectives. If you two need help with the setting, feel free to shoot me a PM, I know a guy.

@Aethera: you know how I feel, and how this dance goes. Your ideas you've discussed elsewhere I like a lot.

@In the Mix: looks good! I'll get you added once I get to a computer.

Last edited by Sassafrass; 05-27-2020 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:34 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2243
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
ApplicationName: Ravodaar the clan-less
Planar Origin: Prime - Faerun
Concept: Versatile fighter, abandoned at birth, victim of circumstance and discoverer of a rare art.
What Does it Mean?:

Description:

-2 Allies and 1 Enemy:
Friendly

Dolgrin: Dwarf merchant - Dolgrin won't admit it to anyone but he owes Ravodaar a favour. He was being harassed by a small time elf gang. Longstory short Ravodaar gave the leader a fat lip and a frozen head before the gang ran off. Dolgrin rather likes Ravodaar's direct manner, honesty and the honour he recognises in the dragonborn.

Harliel: Kobold ranger friend - A fellow draconic was hard to come by for a while, however the two became friendly after a few jobs together. They parted ways as Harliel always was out for the next hunt and less inclined to take on work that lead to strengthening one faction over another. Harliel is somewhat attracted to Ravodaar, she looks upon the dragonborn as a being closer to the gods of Kobolds which many among them believe to be dragons.

Enemy

Lonehunter: Half-giant who has sworn revenge on Ravodaar. Unknown to Ravodaar he is being hunted, the two have yet to cross paths but Lonehunter is a known mercenary too Ravodaar. Lonehunter is a relation of the giant Ravodaar wounded which resulted inadvertently in death. However it is clear to any inquisitive sort that a silver dragonborn that dropped out of the sky with noted glowing runes on his armour might have had something to do with giants and by extension death.

-
Custom Prompts

Arrival on the Planes: Experimentation with giant rune magic led Ravodaar to Sigil.

Deep Dark Secret: Ravodaar's secret is his feeling of responsibility in the demise of his brother. He knew there was risk but didn't tell Narlin of the possibility, as such Ravodaar believes that his negligence to tell the truth led to his brother's painful death.

Past is Prologue:

Personal Thoughts
Powers: Dieities are powerful beings that deserve reverence. Ravodaar finds himself drawn toward followers of Bahamut and good aligned dragons. To Ravodaar Bahamut is the true ultimate being while other dieities to him are a step down from Bahamut.

A Day in the Life:

Last edited by Jasontheswift; 06-13-2020 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-27-2020, 11:12 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2244
Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz
Is definitely an interesting ad color me interested in the game.
Old 05-27-2020, 11:18 PM
Foolish Mortal

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12049
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
left-aligned image
Name: Rufus Boldogglius
Race: Lupin (Tribal)
Class: Ranger (Horizon Walker)
Background: Traits: I can stare down a hell hound without flinching.
Ideals: Responsibility. I do what I must and obey just authority.
Bonds: Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for.
Flaws: My hatred of my enemies is blind and unreasoning.
Soldier
Planar Origin: A clueless prime from Mystara, specifically the Grand Duchy of Karameikos
Concept: A loyal and faithful servant who has somehow got trapped in the planar backwash.

Group Hook: Extraplanar Spelunking: Rufus is extraneously searching for his lost master, but deep inside he wonders if the man actually wants to be found.

Appearance: Rufus has a wide head and shoulders along with a pronounced underbite. He has thick folds of skin on his brow; round, black, wide-set eyes; a short muzzle with a knot above the nose; hanging skin under the neck; drooping lips and pointed teeth. His coat is short, flat, and sleek, with colors of red, tan, and white. He is rarely found out of his armor.

Personality: Though he always seems to have a sad look on his face, Rufus is actually a cheerful fellow. He has been the brunt of so many dog jokes that it doesn't faze him anymore. Nor is he bothered by fearful stares of distrust. He is a loyal and faithful friend. But, to his enemies he is brutal and merciless. He is very meticulous and tends to worry over small details. He adds an “s” to the ends of words for no particular reason.

What Does it Mean? Rufus lives by the principles of loyalty, faithfulness and trust. But who should he trust and where should his loyalties lie? If he only relied on his instincts, he would trust everyone for on the surface he believes that most people are good. But he is not so naive. Everyone has their own selfish agenda and most are happy to abuse a trusting fool. Even in a long term relationship, if trust is lost were they really even faithful to begin with? These are the thoughts that plague the young doggos mind. And more specifically, does Veraxys really want Rufus to find him, or was it just his way of saying goodbye.

2 Allies and 1 Enemy:
Ally: Yuri Stoichkov, a former fisherman, went through training with Rufus to join the Harmonium. The amiable human enjoyed tossing light hearted jibes at Rufus' expense. An expert archer, Yuri has been sent on a secret mission by the Hardheads. Also from Mystara, Yuri is a worshiper of Zirchev.

Ally: Flink Crackbeak, a paranoid and greedy thief of a kenku found a forlorn Rufus living on the streets of Sigil. Flink showed Rufus the ways of the city. When one of Flink's flock was apprehended by the Harmoinum, Flink asked Rufus to help free his kinsman. This eventually led Rufus to join the Hardheads. Flink has a tendency to get beat up. he often calls of Rufus to retaliate.

Enemy: A tabaxi named Jean-Claude Puddin stole Rufus' favorite claw clippers. He's been chasing the rascal all over Sigil since.

Past Prologue: The Boldogglius family immigrated from Thyatis. They were itinerant merchants looking for new markets to exploit and decided to try their luck in the southern towns of Karameikos. Unfortunately, the Traladaran peasants ran in fear of the Lupins, who they mistakenly considered werewolves or orcs. As such, the family gave up their business and eventually settled in Penhaligon, where their race was at least tolerated. After a brief stint in the local militia, young Rufus found employment as a guard for an eccentric old wizard named Veraxys. The wizard enjoyed having the dog-man around as it often prevented the annoying peasants from bothering him. Veraxys was searching for a mystic portal, an occupation which consumed all his energy. The wizard found Rufus skills in tracking very useful in this endeavor. The two traveled far and wide in the search. Rufus became good friends with the wizard. He discovered that Veraxys was not from this world at all, but from someplace called Faerûn. They searched for the portal which would send him back to his home.

After years of searching, Veraxys thought he finally discovered the place, a moldering old temple deep in the swamps. As usual for such locations, it was crawling with undead. Rufus’ sword and Veraxys’ magic cut through the murderous throng. But amid the skirmish, Veraxys leg was injured. Unable to walk, the mage climbed on Rufus’ back. Rufus continued to fight while carrying the old codger. They proceeded in this manner until the portal was in sight. Veraxys produced a healing draught and drank it down. He jumped off Rufus’ back and ran for the portal. Waving, the mage said, "Find me in Candle Keep…" as he plunged through the portal and was gone. Beset by the foul denizens of the temple, Rufus had no choice but to follow his master.

Planar Encounters
On the other side of the portal, Rufus found himself alone. He searched the area, but Veraxys was nowhere to be found. The lupin did not know where he was, but it seemed to be a large city. There were people here, but they did not react as one normally would upon seeing one of his kind for the first time. Some seemed curious but more were indifferent. Rufus decided to ask someone about where he was. “You’re in Sigil, ye clueless berk! Now begone. I ain't got time fer a hundred questions!” was the rather rude response.

Knowing the name of the place did little to help Rufus position. Frustrated, tired and hungry, Rufus slumped against the wall of an alleyway and said a silent prayer to Ordana. The goddess had never responded to him directly and he certainly did not expect her to now. So it came as quite a shock when a nine foot tall planetar landed right in front of him.

“Yo Dude! I bring greetings from Ordana,” The angelic being spoke in a way which reminded Rufus of one of those crazed humans who baked in the sun at the beach and tried to ride the waves on a log. Otherwise the planetar was an imposing figure with wings of white feathers, carrying a greatsword. Rufus did what any self respecting lupin would do when accosted by such a creature. He whimpered in fear.

“Haw haw, don’t worry little dude,” the planetar laughed. “You know, it started off as kind of a joke. Ordana had a bit too much to drink. Might have smoked some ganja too.” He winked at this point, “And someone thought it’d be cool to make ‘em talk. Seemed like a good idea at the time. And then we figured, what the hell, make ‘em walk on their hind legs too.” He shrugged. Apparently that wasn’t his fault. “Next thing we knew, there you were.” The planetar smiled brightly, as if this explained everything.

“Err, huh?” Rufus managed to mumble. But the planetar ignored him, saying “Gotta run, I've got to fetch the pizza!” before flying off. It wasn’t until the being was gone that Rufus realized it hadn’t helped him one bit.

The lupin found a clean spot in a back alley to rest for the night. But he hadn’t slept a minute when a crazed kenku came barreling into him. The birdman looked like he’d been run over by a team of horses. The kenku looked at Rufus and mimicked, “Dude?” which sounded strangely familiar.

Factions: Rufus has been working for the Harmonium for about two years.
Powers: Ordana, Goddess of the Forests (and drunken lush)
A Day in the Life: I read the news today, oh boy, about a lucky dog who made the grade...

Last edited by Huhart; 06-09-2020 at 09:20 AM.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:01 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
@taleteller: apologies, for some reason I thought you were asking more your fellow players than me. Of the three the latter two scream Planescape specifically, with the latter even being a specific set of factions I could get it down to. The Goblin is versatile, I'd just need to figure out the Far Realms more with that. The first one is a good planeswalker, though, which all good Planescape characters should be. Take these comments as you will.
The Question is whether the Tiefling will be able to find Infernal Machines or other Fast Vehicles which she can drive in the game. Without them there won't be much use for her. So... Will they or something like them exist in the game? I will note that the Infernal Machines are not normally available within their adventure path until 7th level and don't have a specific price associated with them; more deals that have to be struck with specific NPC's like the Night Hag Mad Maggie. That said, the Devil's ride specifically isn't overly powerful, just a fast ride that can only carry one person. Even the use of it would be limited by the availability of it's 'fuel', ie. Soul Coins.

P.S.- Found a price guideline of 100 gold being given for 1 Soul Coin in the original book. With that said it's a devil providing that price so he might be undervaluing the Soul Coins as a way to cheat customers. I'll keep looking for confirmation.

Last edited by taleteller50; 05-28-2020 at 01:20 AM.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:11 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 863
danab danab danab danab danab danab danab
Definitely going to give this a go. Always wanted to get into Planescape, but never had the opportunity.

Complete!!!

Character Application
right-aligned image
Name: Inilia Emerio

Planar Origin: Planar, native to Sigil

Concept: Human Evoker WizardA bored dilettante of both the arts and arcane looking for her next thrill. She feigns refinement, but she's a basher through and through.

What Does it Mean?: Knowing what comes at the end of a life is part and parcel of being an Emerio. Charnel Shad waits for that last soul-breath. Good or bad, every Emerio is destined to slip down the demon's gullet to fulfill Hector's ancient pact. In trying to avoid this fate most Emerios are damned (or worse).

Inilia's seen what this has done to her mother and grandfather. She's not going to do what they, and every other Emerio, have done and try to avoid this fate. No, she's going to live her life to the fullest until then. Who knows, maybe Shad will choke on her soul when the time comes.

Description: Better watch yourself with this one berk. That's no jinxskirt. You see that knife smile? Nothing good comes from riling a girl like that.

It's not hard to see why red is Inilia's favorite color. Bold, commanding, red pops, draws the eye and makes others take notice. Underneath alabaster skin and faded hair, red makes up the core of her, shining out from those eyes.

Take that red number she likes to wear. Pure style, nothing else needs to be said about it. The hat, the cane, those high black boots, all in service to the image, the style, of someone that any cutter would remember. The thing is though, lately, she hasn't felt very red. Being banished by Xayne and losing the money and status that came from being his ne'er-do-well granddaughter has left her on her back foot. What happens now is literally anyone's guess.

Factions: Technically Inilia is a Sensate, namer only though. If she were to be asked about it directly she'd probably give the same answer that she gives Xayne when he bothers to ask, "I'm not ready to spend my life chasing bee stings for enlightenment." Now, typically this attitude would be a one way ticket to the Gilded Hall... There's a place for those that indulge, that don't learn. Sonel sees something in Inilia, however, and is slowly pushing the woman into new avenues and ideas. It'll take time, but Inilia might be more ready for those bee stings than she thinks.

Powers: Considering the bad relationship the Emerio's have with several powers, Inilia is rather flippant when it concerns them. She shouldn't be. The Raven Queen still hasn't forgiven or forgotten the injuries that Xayne has heaped on her through the theft of her relics and the murder of her followers.

A Day in the Life: Being on the outs with Xayne has added a level of dreadful monotony on top of her listlessness, but having to actually work for a living will tend to do that. When she isn't figuratively selling bits of her soul to keep her place in her shitty apartment she's attending art lectures at the guild hall, goading Quib or Thelma into a night on the town, or just lazes in the pleasant haze of saddle grass. Her favorite cut is Kelmer's Deep, if anyone were to ask.

Last edited by danab; 06-16-2020 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:19 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1138
DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII
Posting interest here!

I might have just missed it, but I didn't see it anywhere in the ad- is multiclassing allowed? I have a concept for a half-elf Oath of the Ancients paladin/College of Glamour bard with strong ties to the fey, whose ideal of the meaning of life is beauty. He seeks to create and enjoy beauty primarily through music, art, and nature, and idealizes the seelie fey. While he regards them as paragons of beauty, and therefore goodness, he doesn't directly worship them- rather, he worships Cernunnos and Branwen, the deities of nature and beauty. He considers these two to be the highest of the gods, but respects other gods that align with his ideals. One of his greatest wishes in life is to visit the blessed realm of Tír na nÓg in the Feywild, and that is one of the main reasons he's found himself in Sigil, City of Doors.

I realized I'm basically getting into a full-on application here, not just a character concept... so I'll just go ahead and post this now and see what you have to say! Honestly... if multiclassing isn't allowed, I very well might end up just applying with a straight Oath of the Ancients paladin.

Last edited by DurinVII; 05-28-2020 at 10:34 AM.