RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jun 21st, 2018, 09:31 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13343
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Hell's Rebels

Since your family was destroyed and your name tarnished, you have since retreated to Kintargo to plot your revenge. A region that seemed to always exist on the edge of rebellion, you fell in quickly among other dissidents and spent the last few years annoying the city guard, officials, and church with your actions. You have had close calls and earned a scar or two, but have learned much. Now it seems that hard work has paid off. A group of Iomedaean knights called the Glorious Reclamation attacked and defeated an order of Hellknights and recovered valuable items. They called for other faithfuls to rise up and throw off their rulers. Many in the land listened and martial law was quickly implemented. A new ruler from the throne took up residence in the city after the mayor fled for more stable lands.

Since than things have gotten bloody fast. Exactly one week ago, the city woke to a massacre. Citizens were found murdered or simple disappeared. Places had burned down. No one was blamed, but many suspect the Lord-Mayor Thrune of orchestrating it. Many of those killed and missing were suspected to question the Cheliax rule and its church. It became known as the Night of Ashes. That morning, Lord-Mayor Thrune proclaimed 7 orders designed to bring peace and order to the streets. However it stoked the flames of rebellion. Protests had been occurred, but quickly been broken apart violently by the guard. Now there was to be the largest one yet in front of the opera house where the Lord-Mayor had taken up residence. For your own reason, you have decided to attend.

OOCFirst, please link your character sheet to the bottom when you get it finalized and posted. IF you don't know how to do that use the following

[SHEET}Number at the end of the character sheet url here. Replace the two brackets with the correct bracket.{/SHEET]

It will make things easier on me.

Secondly, please read the 7 proclimations. This is on page 20 of the player guide. They will be enforced.

Lastly, I need a reason you are attending the rally. This is on page 9.

In your post, give me your reactions to the Night of Ashes or any thoughts you have had that, the reason in your writing style, and you thoughts/actions/preparations as you go to the rally. It is to start in the early morning (7 or 8) and run for most of the morning).

Last edited by mightymconeshot; Jul 1st, 2018 at 06:19 PM.
Old Jul 2nd, 2018, 12:49 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 214
Squadfather43 Squadfather43 Squadfather43
Alaric stands there in the early morning light. Looking around at everyone going about their business. Smiling to himself, Alaric finds himself thinking back to better times.

Alaric remembers coming to the opera house with his family, to watch the various shows. Alaric can honestly say, he was there to watch Shensen as she put on her first couple of shows. That was right before she became an overnight success. Alaric almost laughed as he remembered the schoolyard krush he had on her.

Alaric brought himself back to reality as he watched the work crew finish setting up the final decorations. Yes, those were indeed better times. That was before Thrune claimed himself as the so called leader. Before the so called night of ashes. To even try and deny that they didn't have a hand in it...the murders, the disappearances. That's yet another insult against the people. Someone needs to do something and quickly.

Alaric finds himself thinking of the so called decrees that the Lord-Mayor has issued. Granted, the payment for slaying the vermin or for bringing in the dogs...those actually had some merit behind them, but the others. To outlaw the drinking of tea, or even what to wear. That's just saying that you're looking for trouble.

Indeed, Alaric came out of curiosity, but if a way showed up to protest, he was ready to voice his opinion. It was time to look to the past. It was a time for vengeance.

Last edited by Squadfather43; Jul 2nd, 2018 at 09:03 PM.
Old Jul 2nd, 2018, 07:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
OOC[nsheet]76249[/nsheet}

Try this one. It worked for me.

Even with the cobblestones of Argent Avenue and the foliage of Aria Park still wet from the morning’s light rain,
dozens of Kintargans have gathered along the facade of the opera house to protest the city’s new lord-mayor, Paracount Barzillai Thrune. The city’s new leader was appointed by Her Infernal Majestrix, Queen Abrogail II, in the wake of the previous lord-mayor’s sudden flight from the city— an event that still has local rumormongers whispering furiously. In a scant seven days, Paracount Thrune has instituted martial law, a curfew, and seven outlandish and polarizing proclamations. These actions and more have called many of Kintargo’s dissatisfied citizens here on this overcast morn. There’s been no sign yet of Barzillai Thrune himself, and the opera house’s doors remain tightly closed—as they have since the man chose the landmark as his new home—but judging by the growing sound of the protesters, he surely can’t ignore the scene on the streets below much longer.

As you look on from the back of the group, you see a woman scowl at the crowds as she paces behind a dozen guards. None of the crowd come close or are hostile, but it is clear she won't hesitate to use force against unarmed citizenry. As you watch another handful of protesters trickle into the crowd. There seem to be 5 distinct groups within the crowd all trying to shout over each other. Partisans who want local rule, merchants who oppose the new taxes and business regulations, voters who wish the next mayor is elected by vote and not force of arms, anarchists who just seem to be trying to goad others into a riot, and loyalists who have turned out in support of Lord Thune.

"Who would have thought a new Mayor would be so unpopular." Criswin says from behind you. Smiling as you look back, you know he will be right behind you and ready to do what needs to be done.

OOCYou have have some action choices to take as you interact with the crowd. These each take 1 hours worth of time. Feel free to assign Criswin to do one of these as well.

Listen for Rumors- DC 15 Diplomacy or Perception check. If you pass, roll a d100.

Pilfer- Pickpocket, lift purses, and steal goods; DC 20 Sleight of Hand

Rabble Rouse: DC 12 Diplomacy or Perform.

Silence Undesirable Elements- Pick a group and attempt to drive out or silence their protest. DC 15 Bluff or Intimidate.

Watch the Crowd- Simple see how the protest goes; DC 10 Perception or Sense Motive.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nox.png
Views:	26
Size:	689.0 KB
ID:	77135  

Last edited by mightymconeshot; Jul 2nd, 2018 at 07:25 PM.
Old Jul 3rd, 2018, 12:43 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
"Indeed my friend, it was not a popular decision. The crowd is on the verge of snapping. Just look at the guards, they're not here to assist the public. Something will definitely happen here, but for good or ill, I don't know."

Turning his attention back to the crowd, Alaric listens to the various groups yelling to be heard. Quickly making his mind up, Alaric takes a step towards one group. Looking back at Criswin, Alaric makes his idea known. "I'm going to see if I can shut some of the trouble makers up before a riot breaks out...before someone gets hurt. Stay close, but see if you can hear anything useful from within the crowds."

Looking around at the various groups, vying to see who's the loudest, Alaric moves towards a group of anarchists. Bumping into the middle of the group, Alaric throws a glare at the ringleader.

"Seriously...this is how you spend your time? You keep going on like this and the crowd will riot. If that happens, way to many people will get hurt. Plus, if you do that, then I'll make it my business to make sure...you get hurt."

Intimidation roll
Dice Roll:
1d20+4 (9)+4 Total = 13

+2 bonus for protesting the government

Criswin
Perception to hear rumors..
Dice Roll:
1d20+8 (9)+8 Total = 17

Dice Roll:
1d100 55

Last edited by Squadfather43; Jul 3rd, 2018 at 12:47 AM.
Old Jul 3rd, 2018, 06:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
OOCIs the +2 already included as it will make a difference.

A few of the elements wander off muttering about something not being worth it, but most simply jeered and shouted at him instead of the generalist of the crowd. Wandering away, you push through the crowd before winding your way back to where you left.

"Any luck? I heard some people discussing the opera house. They were looking forward to the performance of Shensen in the role of Aolar inHuntress of Heroes. It is a shame the house is closed and they say she is disappeared. Apparently she was talking ill of the government and may have been put in jail. "

OOCTime to take another action set.
Old Jul 3rd, 2018, 09:38 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
"I managed to shut a few of them down, but others kept at it. You're right, it is a shame about the opera house being closed. I remember watching Shensen when she first started. She's definitely got some talent."
Alaric scans the crowds as he answers Criswin's inquiry.

"Maybe I'll have better luck shutting down some of the loyalists. While I do that why don't you see what else you can hear. Got to be a lot of people here talking."

As the duo parts ways, Alaric doesn't waste time. Walking to the nearest group of Loyalists, he walks up to them and simply asks a simple, yet threatening question.

"Why are you out in public...when no one wants you here?"

Intimidation roll
Dice Roll:
1d20+4 (5)+4 Total = 9

Criswin's action
Dice Roll:
1d20+8 (18)+8 Total = 26

Dice Roll:
1d100 45
Old Jul 5th, 2018, 09:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
OOCHope you enjoyed your break.

This time the crowd didn't even straggle away. Instead most just laughed, directed their attention at him. A few of the larger men pushed their way towards him and stood with arms crossed as if daring him to take things a step further. Sighing and shaking his head, he worked his way back.

Smiling there faithful was his manservant. "Doesn't look like it worked. Some people were talking about the old livery sir. Said weird noises were heard inside despite it being condemned. Most are hoping the government to tear it down if it ever gets it act together. "

OOCRound 3. You may retry with a group if you wish.
Old Jul 6th, 2018, 04:37 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Alaric laughs as he sees Criswin's smile. "I guess this just isn't my day. Tell you what, since your the lucky one, head back out one last time. See what you can find out, we've been here for a couple hours. Someone should be coming out to say something. If they don't then they risk this turning bad real quick. I'm going to stand here and watch the crowds, figure to just simply wait."

As Criswin walks back into the crowd, Alaric watches the crowds and the guards. Leaning against a wall, he settles in for the long wait.

Perception check
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (2)+6 Total = 8

Criswin's check
Dice Roll:
1d20+8 (17)+8 Total = 25

Dice Roll:
1d100 63
Old Jul 7th, 2018, 07:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image

right-aligned image

"Nothing this time sir. Just more talk of missed opera house performances. " he says as he slips back at your side.

"Any luck?" he asks, but you just shake your head. It had been a dismal morning with everything. Even though you didn't care at all about the counter-protesters, it still hurt what they said. It drove home your determination to overthrow this government. The dismal fog was finally starting to disperse, but it was still a mild overcast. Just as you wondered about what to do, your servant pointed up at the opera house.

"Sir, something is happening. "

Looking up, you see your enemy. The window now stands open and a man in dressed in red, orange, and black ornate clothing. Standing in an ornate breastplate, all of his ornaments are emblazoned with the pentagram of the Church of Asmodeus and the cross of Cheliax. His hair is cut short and in one hand he holds a mace embellished a screaming devil head. In the other hand a large wine glass filled with a deep red wine. Swirling it, he takes a sip before clearing his throat.

"Ah, my adoring little chickadees. I am sorry to say I have not yet adapted to your quaint, country ways, being accustomed as I am to the sophistication and learning of Egorian. Nonetheless, know I have heard your concerns, and that I appreciate your valued feedback, and I know we shall eventually find a mutual understanding in the fullness of time. I take pride in updating Kintargo’s quaint, outdated laws to the modern standards the city deserves, and strengthening its ties with the empire in these cruel times, but obviously I have approached my duties too aggressively. “You say you chafe at the presence of nonnatives in positions of power? That authorities not of this city have no place as its leaders? That you will not be yoked by intruders? Your lord-mayor hears you. And so it is with a heavy heart that I issue this proclamation, in response to your demands: all ships’ captains are hereafter barred from leaving their vessels and setting foot on Kintargo docks or streets, under pain of... let’s say... squassation!"

OOC

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Thrune.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	77184   Click image for larger version

Name:	Thrune's View.png
Views:	18
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	77185  
Old Jul 9th, 2018, 08:23 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Alaric stands there watching as the speech began. Taking in the appearance of the speaker, he wasn't to impressed.

"There he goes, not five seconds into the speech and he's already, thinking he's better than everyone. A true leader that cares about the people would handle things differently."

Stepping away from the spot where he was standing, Alaric motions for Criswin to follow him. Making their way through the crowd, the duo head towards the front so as to be able to hear better.
Old Jul 11th, 2018, 11:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Even as the two press forward into the crowd, it seems the whole protest exploded into chaos. You aren't the only one unhappy with the speech as many in the crowd start to yell protests and slurs against him. Swirling his wine, the man simply smiled until suddenly a clod of dirt flew at the building. Smashing into the wall, soon another piece was flying. This one was far more accurately flung and nearly smashed into Thrune. Even as he moved out of the way, the wine sloshed out of the cup and onto him. Even from a distance you could see the anger radiating off the man. Shouting downward, "Enough of this! Nox, run them off, arrest them, or kill them. I don’t care which!". Slamming the window shutters, he retreats.

And as you look the guards start to step out towards the crowd juggling weighted clubs in their hands. Throughout the crowd more chaos happens as men throw off cloaks revealing themselves to be supporters of Thrune. Laying around with clubs, they start to make citizen arrest of protestors. Men and women go screaming from them and somewhere a dagger flashes from the crowd. Slamming into Nox's throat, you watch blood spurt as she whips the dagger out. Ducking inside the building, her guards continue to fan out.

It seems your actions had drawn some attention as three of the citizen militia make their way towards you. Pushing through the crowd, they heft clubs. "All right. Lay down or we crack your jaw and get you to lay down. "

OOCRound 1

Enemies win Initiative and double move through the crowd to arrive next to you.

Your actions.

Chelish Citizen Group- AC 13, HP ???
Armed with club and anger.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Round 1.png
Views:	2
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	77234  
Old Jul 12th, 2018, 03:24 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Despite the seriousness of the situation, Alaric almost laughs in response to the command given by the militiamen.

"Really guys, I'm sure you have better things to do...." As the militiamen show no signs of surrendering, Alaric draws his sword and attacks the closest thug. Knowing that Criswin is watching his back, Alaric allows himself a small smile, as the thrill of the fight kicks in.

Attack & Damage
Draws longsword, no movement this round.

Hit-
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (2)+6 Total = 8

Damage-
Dice Roll:
1d8+5 (1)+5 Total = 6
Old Jul 13th, 2018, 03:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
They just smile as they knock aside the sword swing with a grin. Criswin pulls out his trusty club out and steps forward to your side. Swinging, the man again knocks aside the blow with an easy parry. While not true warriors, it was going to take more than that to convince them to leave you alone.

As if to make their point, the last one closes. With Criswin distracted, he takes aim and connects driving a club into his side. Criswin wheezes a little, but turns to face his attacker. The other two gang up on you. With one distracting you, the other manages to get a clean hit on your arm. Feeling it go numb, you almost drop your weapon.

SummaryThe final one closes with Criswin.

Both your attacks miss.

Citizen 1 attacks and misses.

Citizen 2 attacks and hits for 9 damage.

Citizen 3 attacks and hits for 3 damage on Criswin.

Your actions.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Round 2.png
Views:	5
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	77243  

Last edited by mightymconeshot; Jul 13th, 2018 at 03:34 PM.
Old Jul 13th, 2018, 03:59 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Feeling the bruise form almost immediately, Alaric tried to shrug it off as best as he could. Bringing his shield back up, Alaric swings his sword, hoping to do better this time.

Attack & Damage
Attack-
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (16)+6 Total = 22

Damage-
Dice Roll:
1d8+5 (6)+5 Total = 11
Old Jul 16th, 2018, 11:22 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
The cultist is terribly wounded and it shows. He immediately cuts and runs leaving the other two to whatever faith awaits. Meanwhile, Criswin shows courage at your side as his mace comes around and slams into his foe. You hear the crack of bone as the club clatters to the ground. Again instead of facing disabling wounds, the foe cuts and runs leaving only one citizen challenging you. All around the crowd is starting to thin as the majority flee or become unconscious on the floor.

Still looking for a fight, the final one eyes the two of you as you try to pin him between the pair of you. Deciding that you are the greater foe, he takes a swing, but a careful parry launches the club wide of your body. Shifting his feet, he keeps an eye on each of you. Criswin goes in for another swing, but the man is ready and his club is there blocking the attack.

OOCCitizen 1 flees.

Citizen 2 attacks again but misses

Citizen 3 flees.

Criswin misses in round 3. You gain flanking as Criswin moves around the foe. Your turn.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Round 3.png
Views:	0
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	77265  

Last edited by mightymconeshot; Jul 16th, 2018 at 11:27 PM.