RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jun 21st, 2018, 09:33 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13343
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
A Hidden Bar

OOC Thread. I think we both know how this works.
Old Jun 21st, 2018, 10:04 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
So you found the player's guide. Good that will help.

For class use this. I know it is for 3.5, but it works the same.

Basically you take larger hit die, higher skill points, Saves from both classes, and both classes abilities.

So because you get two classes take a look at Inquisitor. It gives you a lot of diplomacy abilities. Take a look at the Vigilant Defender which could be a nice fit as a leader of a rebellion.

But yeah, I would say look at the Huntmaster archetype for the cavalier as it gives you an animal companion. A noble with a large wolf or something more exotic would fit perfectly and take care of any mounted worry you have.

Yes, Hell Knight would be perfectly acceptable. The kingdom of Cherix (where this adventure path is set) has many of these as the army uses/controls devils as shock troopers. Many of their high ranking commanders are Hell Knights.

For alignment basically the empire is lawful evil. So anything Good or Chaotic will fit in perfectly. If you want the Hell Knight, you could go Lawful Neutral or Lawful Good. Both would be appropriate. Before its semi-collapse and civil war, the empire was a powerful nation much like the Roman Empire. They were not inherently evil and spread a lot of their culture to other lands. Lawful Good could be seeking to restore the Empire back to its roots while Lawful Neutral could simply be seeing the overthrow of the government using any means necessary, good or evil.

So for Character Creation, do you like Point Buy or rolling?
Old Jun 22nd, 2018, 01:30 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 214
Squadfather43 Squadfather43 Squadfather43
I've used both before, but it seems you can get the better set of ability scores by using point buy.

As for character classes, I'll go with the combination of Cavalier/Inquisitor.As for archetypes, I'll go with Huntmaster and a straight up Inquisitor. My idea is to play him as on a quest for vengeance who then falls into the slot of leader of the rebellion.

The AP campaign trait that fits my character concept is Ex-Asmodean. Basically his family were used as scapegoats to a crime committed by a higher ranking member of the church. As a result they were executed and he turned his back on them. Now he's back in town looking for vengeance.

As for the god/goddess I'm thinking of Iomedae, even though Calistria is the obvious choice. The problem with Calistria is that I wouldn't be able to get the Hell Knight prestige class. I'm not commited to Iomedae yet, but I'm leaning that way.

I know that with Gestalt characters you get the best of both worlds, but which experience point level progression would I use?

Last edited by Squadfather43; Jun 22nd, 2018 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old Jun 22nd, 2018, 09:43 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
All right. I will give you the choice of either 30 point buy or 4d8 and keep highest three, rerolling 1s.

Sounds good. You get to pick one more trait from any source.

Why does Calistria not work? There is no alignment requirement. You could also take an Inquisition instead of a diety. There are several choices for those as well.

Adventure Paths use fast progression.
Old Jun 22nd, 2018, 10:26 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for the quick reply and the answers to the questions. I've worked a little bit more on the background and actually came up with an easier way to make the ends meet.

My character will end up as basically a Fighter/Inquisitor. He started out as a fighter in service to the militant arm of the church of Asmodeius. Once his family was executed he in turn was attacked by his former comrades and left for dead. In fact if it hadn't been for a cleric of Calistria, he would have died. As he was healed back to full strength he saw how wrong he had been and to up the mantle of an Inquisitor to Calistria.

I'll play him as Chaotic Neutral which will fit for the alignment for Calistria. It'll bump me from the Hell Knight Prestige class, but I'm confident in my abilities to find a substitute.

As for archetypes I like your suggestion for the Vigilant Defender on the Inquisitor side. As for the Fighter side I was thinking of taking either the 2handed fighter or weapon master. Both simple yet could reflect his nature as a soldier.

As for building his stats, I'll use the 30 point buy.

What else do you need from me? I should have my character sheet done by the end of the weekend. I'll post a picture as well.

Do you use pictures any?

I know your planning on sliding a romance option in, thanks for that by the way, it's the mark of a great dm when they use ideas/suggestions from the players. I've got another question along that line. Since my character is on a quest for vengeance against the church and all associated with it in the city, would it be possible to find out who actually commited the crime and take his vengeance on them as well?
Old Jun 22nd, 2018, 12:27 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
If there's no alignment requirement, how does alignment work? For Inquisitors it says they can be up to one step away from their chosen diety.

I do like the list of inquisitions, I'm thinking of taking one fron Calistria. If I take an inquisition that's associated with a diety like Calistria, are you still a worshipper?
Old Jun 22nd, 2018, 01:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry. Missed that. You are correct about alignment.

You can take any inquisitions. They put suggestion to help, but you are free to choose from the entire list. And the answer is no. You can be a worshiper, but it isn't required.

For the fighter choice, do you want to go raw damage or critical effects. If you want just raw damage Two Handed. If you want to use the critical effect feats, Weapon Master.

One of the great things about Pathfinder, is you don't need a prestige class. The normal classes advance well enough that you can stick with just them and do just fine.

Quote:
Do you use pictures any?
I don't know what you mean.

For what I need, yes character sheet, some background and so on. I am going to create your follower up over the next day or so.

For additional things, Use Max Hit Dice. You also gain Skill Focus as a bonus feat. You will also start with 300 gold.
Old Jun 22nd, 2018, 02:26 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry about the question about pictures, I should have explained it better. When you make posts for a game like thus one, do you post pictures? Like for NPC'S...ETC.

I'll go with a fighter/inquisitor, as far as alignment I'll figure which one to go with. Thanks again for running this.
Old Jun 22nd, 2018, 05:51 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Depends on how important they are.
Old Jun 22nd, 2018, 06:08 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Gotcha, I'm thinking of taking the Vengeance Inquisiton. I like the ability that lets you point at someone and something bad happens that damages them.

Out of curiosity did you see the question about, being able to locate the person that framed my character's family? It's not necessary, I just figured it'd give him a motivation to stick around.
Old Jun 22nd, 2018, 11:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Maybe. I have to see your background. If I can, I will fit it in.
Old Jun 23rd, 2018, 11:16 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Everything is going well with character creation. I've even managed to figure out how to handle the whole Hell Knight prestige class idea. Granted, if I'm interested in that idea when I can.

I do have a couple last minute questions though, then I promise no more..

As far as traits go, can both of them be from the Hell's Rebels players guide?

As for the romance option, are you going to insert an npc or just let it be on one that exists already? As far as interacting,flirting..etc. Which skill would I use..Diplomacy?
Old Jun 25th, 2018, 10:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Yes both can be from the Player's Guide if you wish.

I plan on using these rules unless I find something better.
Old Jun 26th, 2018, 01:25 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymconeshot View Post
Yes both can be from the Player's Guide if you wish.

I plan on using these rules unless I find something better.
Well done, that should work perfectly. Thanks for the answer on the traits. I'll go over them and make my final pick. Once that's done I'll post a formal post with a background and then we can get this party started.
Old Jun 26th, 2018, 05:42 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I ended up finishing up early, I'll post the sheet in the "Rebels only" thread later today.