RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook
1 9 1 5
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 01-16-2019, 10:24 PM
RedCloud's Avatar
RedCloud RedCloud is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-17-2019
RPXP: 37
RedCloud
Posts: 45
There are so many interesting characters. I wonder what Ericg and Runetide are going to make.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Yesterday, 05:02 AM
Darth Saitou's Avatar
Darth Saitou Darth Saitou is offline
Aku Soku Zan
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-18-2019
RPXP: 50
Darth Saitou
Posts: 44
Same I would like to see their builds
__________________
Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!
-Hajime Saitō
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Yesterday, 10:37 AM
Runetide's Avatar
Runetide Runetide is online now
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-18-2019
RPXP: 70
Runetide
Posts: 80
I'm relatively new to 5e, so I'm kinda slow, sorry! -_-
But I'm looking at it and if I understand right, there's less need of alignment restrictions to classes like paladin, barbarian and monk?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Yesterday, 11:46 AM
MoldyNolds's Avatar
MoldyNolds MoldyNolds is offline
Dripping with Alchemy
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-18-2019
RPXP: 266
MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
if I understand right, there's less need of alignment restrictions to classes like paladin, barbarian and monk?
Alignment is pretty much universally subjective to the character concept you are building. The only caveat would be if your character worships a deity that aligns a particular way. (i.e. a Lawful Good paladin probably shouldn't worship an Evil God, even if they were a Lawful God. A Chaotic Good barbarian probably shouldn't worship a god of laws, even if they were a Good God).

It's less of a mechanic of the system and more a guideline, or a tool to help define your character if you need it. My suggestion (or my opinion anyway) would be to develop a solid character concept and then pick the alignment that best fits that description. Don't worry about picking the "right" one too much.
__________________
I have taken the Oath
Current Characters: Innominate | Bo'quillian | Haas | Fonnereaux
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Yesterday, 12:07 PM
RedCloud's Avatar
RedCloud RedCloud is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-17-2019
RPXP: 37
RedCloud
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
I'm relatively new to 5e, so I'm kinda slow, sorry! -_-
Not to worry, just take your time in creating your character. I'm new to this forum and I just started playing DnD last year.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM
Tommyk382's Avatar
Tommyk382 Tommyk382 is offline
Roma Invicta
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-17-2019
RPXP: 1386
Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382
Posts: 550
Im pretty interested in trying this out, so I am posting interest. I am usually a fighter/martial class player, so I am going to try and mix things up a bit with a high-elf wizard of some kind. I will try to get an app up soon!
__________________
This is my partner, Ctrl+Alt+Del.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Darth Saitou's Avatar
Darth Saitou Darth Saitou is offline
Aku Soku Zan
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-18-2019
RPXP: 50
Darth Saitou
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyk382 View Post
Im pretty interested in trying this out, so I am posting interest. I am usually a fighter/martial class player, so I am going to try and mix things up a bit with a high-elf wizard of some kind. I will try to get an app up soon!
You can go fighter and at third level go into a eldritch knight and put some level point in wizard. It work really will since eldritch knights uses wizards spells
__________________
Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!
-Hajime Saitō
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM
Runetide's Avatar
Runetide Runetide is online now
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-18-2019
RPXP: 70
Runetide
Posts: 80
Here's my baseline application. I will edit it with more as I figure things out.
Atma Morningway is a frontline fighter and person of noble character. He is supposed to be that charismatic banner that rallies the crestfallen and shines a light in the darkest of places.
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Atma Morningway
Race: Half-Elf
Age: 38
Class: Paladin of Lathander
Alignment: Neutral Good
Background: Noble Knight (Get retainers background feature)
History: Atma is the younger of two scions of the Noble Morningway house. The Morningway family are a lineage of half-elves. They have long worshipped Lathander for generations, and Atma's not the first one to take up the role of Paladin. He's served as a squire to another paladin for years, taking up the knighthood and collecting his own squire when Lathander saw fit to make him ready.
He has a squire, Lady Scarlet Eversong. A distant familial relation, she's ten years his junior and still learning the ropes. He also has two attendants, a young human armorer named Richard, and a half-orcish scholar named Leopold. They travel with him and assist with his duties to the people. Atma treats his squire and attendants well by default because of his principles.
Traits:
Blood - Although born to nobility, Atma believes that he is no better than others around him by default. Greatness is earned, not a right.
Generosity - Atma is kind and generous with the common folk, and for that, he is loved.
Bond: Hero - Atma is considered a hero of the people amongst the common folk.
Ideal: Noble Obligation - Atma has a responsibility to care for and protect those beneath him.
Flaw: Scandal - Atma's family would suffer humiliation and possible ruin if the knowledge he knew became public. (Having to do with the lineage of the house and possible adoptions along the line)
Why were you chosen by the Great Mother Abeir-Toril?: Atma is, not by intention but just through character and circumstance, one of the bright lights of the new generation that brings hope for the future. Atma himself is aware that he has a charismatic kind of pull on the people around him, but is humble by nature and abusing it doesn't even cross his mind. If there was ever anyone who would be able to rally the land against a demonic incursion, Atma would be the one doing it without thought for his own gain or well-being.
Prior relationships: Atma would likely have had some (albeit minor) relationships with most people in his house's area of influence. Though it seems that won't be many players based off the backstories I've seen.

Roleplaying Sample Grayhall village had come upon hard times this winter. Famine and wild animals had decimated their crops, and local bandits had stolen most of their reserve. Most of the villagers were carefully divvying up the remainder, and several families were packing their bags to flee for safer territory, risking the wolves.
One such family was throwing what goods they had left on the back of their only donkey when they heard the sounds of hoofbeats in the distance. Thinking the bandits came back, they cried out in alarm, alerting others in the village. Four horses crested a nearby hill, giving the new arrivals a view of the villagers rallying their pitchforks and spears.
"Sire, I think they misunderstand our intentions." A hooded woman spoke to the man up front.
Nodding, Atma glanced at his allies before gently prodding his horse forward. Though being the one in the group clad in heavy armor, it was not his horse carrying the heaviest burden. The others each had saddle packs crammed full of grain. "Then, let us go and clear things up." he replied.
He rode at an easy pace, coming close to the village line that had been made by the defenders. Too many people had been raided for them to be lax, even for just a few travelers. When he got within easy earshot he pulled down his hood and stopped his horse.
"People of Grayhall." he started. "I am Atma, of house Morningway. I came because I hear that you've been suffering hard because of the famine." the knight gestured to his attendants. "I have come with some aid for the moment and a promise of more for the future. Your village has paid its taxes dutifully for generations, and it is only fair to support you in your time of need."
One of the village elders recognized the young man and waved down the row of armed civilians. "Thank you, Lord Morningway." he grovelled.
"Please sir, rise. I am a knight of my house, and do not need for such titles." Atma dismounted and walked forward, helping the man to his feet.
"I fear that what you bring is for naught, sir knight." the elder continued. "Most of our stores had been stolen this last week by bandits."
Atma's gentle expression didn't change, but a more firm undertone was heard in his voice. "I see." the Paladin said. "Well, if you have any idea where to look. I will have to go have words with them about returning it to you. They may also be hungry because of the famine, but that is no excuse to steal from your neighbors."
"That's why they're called bandits, sire." the woman riding with Atma stated.
The Paladin sighed. "It is a euphemism, Scarlet." he replied. "I'm going to make them return the grain they stole, and take them somewhere where they won't have to worry about food."
"The grave?" the elder asked.
Shaking his head, Atma chuckled. "Prison I hope." he replied. "These people may not be inherently evil, If I can convince even one of them to remember their goodness, then I have saved more than just their life."
As the four rode in the directions they had been given, their horses now relieved of their burdens, Scarlet fingered the hilt of the longsword at her hip. "But we will kill them if they don't listen, right?" she asked nervously.
Atma nodded, pulling up his hood. "If we have to defend ourselves, then that is what must be." he stated. "Though, I get the feeling that they're not all bad people."
"Why do you say that?"
Scarlet asked.
"They left the village a quarter of their stores of food." he said. "And no one was killed. Desperation, not ill-intent."

Last edited by Runetide; Today at 11:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM
HenryL15's Avatar
HenryL15 HenryL15 is offline
Very Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-18-2019
RPXP: 50
HenryL15
Posts: 7
BlackWolf

Name: BlackWolf
Race: Human
Age: 30
Class: Fighter (Battle Master)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Outlander

History:
Wolves. Such beautiful majestic animals and dangerous, really dangerous, especially the dire wolf. So dangerous that you would hope to never encounter one in your journeys, let alone an entire pack. Yet for as long as I can remember Iíve been living with them, raised by them in fact. For 13 years I hunted, ate, and survived with a pack of dire wolves. I cared for them and they cared for me, they were my family. I had a strong bond with them all, but the strongest bond came from the alpha of the pack. She cared for me the most, she protected me even if her very own life was at risk. The bond was that of a mother to her child.


Work in Progress
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Yesterday, 10:06 PM
Darth Saitou's Avatar
Darth Saitou Darth Saitou is offline
Aku Soku Zan
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-18-2019
RPXP: 50
Darth Saitou
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
Here's my baseline application. I will edit it with more as I figure things out.
Atma Morningway is a frontline fighter and person of noble character. He is supposed to be that charismatic banner that rallies the crestfallen and shines a light in the darkest of places.
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Atma Morningway
Race: Half-Elf
Age: 38
Class: Paladin of Lathander
Alignment: Neutral Good
Background: Noble Knight (Get retainers background feature)
History: Atma is the younger of two scions of the Noble Morningway house. The Morningway family are a lineage of half-elves. They have long worshipped Lathander for generations, and Atma's not the first one to take up the role of Paladin. He's served as a squire to another paladin for years, taking up the knighthood and collecting his own squire when Lathander saw fit to make him ready.
He has a squire, Lady Scarlet Eversong. A distant familial relation, she's ten years his junior and still learning the ropes. He also has two attendants, a young human armorer named Richard, and a half-orcish scholar named Leopold. They travel with him and assist with his duties to the people. Atma treats his squire and attendants well by default because of his principles.
Traits:
Blood - Although born to nobility, Atma believes that he is no better than others around him by default. Greatness is earned, not a right.
Generosity - Atma is kind and generous with the common folk, and for that, he is loved.
Bond: Hero - Atma is considered a hero of the people amongst the common folk.
Ideal: Noble Obligation - Atma has a responsibility to care for and protect those beneath him.
Flaw: Scandal - Atma's family would suffer humiliation and possible ruin if the knowledge he knew became public. (Having to do with the lineage of the house and possible adoptions along the line)
Roleplay Sample: WiP
Sir I am digging the flavor of this character
__________________
Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!
-Hajime Saitō
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Today, 10:26 AM
Runetide's Avatar
Runetide Runetide is online now
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-18-2019
RPXP: 70
Runetide
Posts: 80
Thank you!
It's rare for me to want to do characters like this, but I do love exploring the idea considering the setting and everything! I feel that a rare, non-corrupt noble knight would be a great addition to a party.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Today, 11:37 AM
Strange2099's Avatar
Strange2099 Strange2099 is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-18-2019
RPXP: 769
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
Posts: 503
Hi Ebon,

I’m curious - why have you stopped accepting applications? I thought the deadline was Feb 12th....
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Today, 12:39 PM
Ebon Feather's Avatar
Ebon Feather Ebon Feather is online now
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-18-2019
RPXP: 150
Ebon Feather Ebon Feather
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange2099 View Post
Hi Ebon,

Iím curious - why have you stopped accepting applications? I thought the deadline was Feb 12th....
I didn't imagine we'd reach this number of applicants so soon, and ready to play. with a 3-5 player campaing that I might have to make room for one more. Why do you ask? Are you interested?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:56 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB