twitter facebook

Notices

Old 04-09-2015, 05:12 PM
Sanguine Dreams~

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 370
Strawberries Strawberries Strawberries Strawberries
"Right." Alice muttered, taking a deep breath before walking up to the door. "Well, guess we'll do this the polite way and knock...." After taking a quick moment to drape the fringes of her hair across the markings of her status, Alice raised a hand a knocked on the door with a quick three raps. "Jay?" she called out, "My companions and I have come to ask a few questions. Could you come out please?" Spells danced through her mind, enchantments to compel others, but it wouldn't do to spook the man. Especially if he was armed. Alice considered stepping to the side, though it would present an untrusting face towards a wary man.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:59 AM
Whiskey Jack

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11442
Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling
Old Jay's House
"If...if it's all th'same t'you lot, I'd rather stay with y'three. I, uhn...prefer t'stay with honoured guests and...help...if I can."
Pam answers Lukas with a smile, pulling her cloak a bit tighter around her shoulders, shivering a bit as she shrugs. "Make sure y'get to th'mausoleum, too...I'll stick outside f'that, though." Her meek words are nearly lost among the rain, but regardless, she falls utterly quiet as Alice approaches to rap upon the door.

Silence.

For a few long and arduous moments, silence is all Alice is greeted by, just enough for one to assume there might be nobody home. Then suddenly, the door is wrenched open, a scraggly and stooped man standing just inside with a crossbow clutched in his hands. While he seemed about ready to heft the crossbow and start barking threats, seeing a beleaguered young woman standing in the rain gives him some pause, and he blinks furiously a few times as he glances from her and to her companions in the back.
"...arright, c'mon in, make y'selves welcome..." He waves the lot of you inside, but Valeria and Lukas are fixed with utterly paranoid looks of bewilderment as they filter inside the shack, though Pam is given something more approaching a semi-courteous bow. Closing the door behind you all, he ushers you to sit around a warm yet tiny fire, over which a pitifully small steel pot is bubbling with some sort of stew.

"...so's, y'here t'take me t'he Spire? Y'figgered m'magic, didja? Well, ain't sharin', nosir. Got 'nough t'last me a lifetime, don't need no Inquizziwhatsits draggin' me by th'nose t'spellbooks...nuh-uh..." The man rambles aimlessly, stumbling to a corner to potter about the various cupboards he seems to have resting against the corner, dilapidated as they appear. Shifting about a dozen or so various ceramic jugs, he eventually snags a clay pitcher and stumbles back, a small bundle of tin cups clutched in his other hand as he begins offering.
"Drinks f'the guests!" He offers graciously, though Pam merely shakes her head a polite 'no', which causes the man to crinkle his nose a bit before shrugging.
"So's. 'm ol' Jay, and youse...?" he asks, his voice seeming a bit hoarse, leading to him downing a cup of the mystery liquid he's hauled along with himself. It smells like alcohol, but with all the kick of paint thinner, the stench is rather strong and strikes the senses like a hammer.

Other than being a little off-kilter, he seems more confused than mad, it would seem...with perhaps a bit too much moonshine in his system.
"What'd I learn from my own kind? Spells, swordplay, and a disdain for the law and its keepers. From the humans? Alcoholism, how to pick a lock, and ways to use the common tongue to incite men into leaping upon my blade. It's been an exciting decade for me."
~Morrigan, the Witch of Blades

Last edited by Darkling; 04-12-2015 at 04:59 AM.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:17 AM
bulbasauree.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3769
robotbear robotbear robotbear robotbear robotbear robotbear robotbear robotbear robotbear robotbear robotbear
Lukas' response to the maid was a simple smirk. He doubted she was out here in a sense of duty. Probably more an excuse to stay out of her master's house until he'd gone to bed.

As the door snapped open Lukas' hand flashed to Alice's shoulder, ready to pull her aside had the man not hesitated. But he did. His lucky day. The inquisitor's grip fell to his side as he pulled his cloak further over himself. His eyes never seemed to leave the man, Studied Target activated. Current Sense Motive at +12.making every note to his appearance and demeanor. He himself tried to keep a presence in the room, while not being to be actively apparent or aggressive as he leaned against a wall.

His eyes nearly roll into his head as the strong smelling liquor was passed before Lukas. He passed with a wave of his hand. He managed a grumble of "Working," before giving a short cough to clear his nose. Looking over to Alice he gave her a quick nod before twirling a finger that implied 'Let's wrap this up.'

Last edited by robotbear; 04-23-2015 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:57 AM
Sanguine Dreams~

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 370
Strawberries Strawberries Strawberries Strawberries
Alice stepped back at the man's sudden appearance, the earlier silence after her greeting led her to believe the man wasn't home. Though startled, Alice tried hard not to let her confidence waver- Lukas' hand was helpful in keeping her steady. She followed the man inside, taking one of the offered seats to try and warm herself. Much as she wanted to keep an ear on the man's ramblings in case he offered something that might be useful, Alice gave most of her attention to seeing where her companions were going. A quick head bob to acknowledge Lukas' request, Alice turned and crinkled her nose at the smell of the alcohol being offered. She made haste in declining after Lukas, though thanking him for the offer.

"My name is Alice," she began, indicating herself and her companions. "As you have already guessed where we are from, we are not here for you specifically. However, you may help us in our task. I would ask you, please, tell us what you know of the wraith that haunts the mausoleum?"
Old 04-14-2015, 01:43 PM
for the love of kittehs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 41993
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
The half-elven Greywatch Inquisitor moved into the shack only because it got her out of the rain, not because of any particular desire to enter with the potential madman. But the way he acted immediately made her question how mad he truly was, and this intrigued her in spite of herself. She moved to a quiet corner where she could stand silently and watch the interchange, more useful out of the way given the man's obvious distrust of her. She even took one of the tin cups he offered, though she made no move to drink from it. Folding her arms across her chest in an effort to warm up, she inspected the dwelling, in cup pressing rhythmically against her sleeve just enough to keep her from fading into the shadows entirely.